Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I really hope they don't make Felicity's father anyone other than a boring regular ole dead beat Dad.  I love Felicity because she is ordinary but incredibly smart and braveand took on the Arrow mission because she wanted to do it, not because we find out she has DNA to some other super hero or super villain or mobster. 

Sadly, I don't think they'll be able to resist. 

Given all of the delays and teasing I think making Felicity's dad anything other than a hero or villain would be a cop-out/waste.  I would have been fine with Mama and Papa Smoak being normal people, I'm absolutely fine with Donna being a cocktail waitress because she's awesome.  However, by not giving any information on Papa Smoak and teasing out details it just makes it A BIG THING, so if it's not something big it will be stupid, IMO.

Of course these idiots over hype everything so it's not out of the realm of possibility that he's a normal person but i don't think it will go over well if he is.

• Love 6

On Smallville, Clark started out as a 16-year-old.  So by the time that show ended its 10-year run, he was in his 20's.

If Arrow lasts 10 years, by the end of the series, Oliver will be approaching 40 - usually the age of the parents on CW shows.

Actors have the benefit of not really showing what 40 really looks like in real life, lol.  Gilmore Girls didn't have a problem with its lead being in her forties and Arrow will still have the younger bunch to keep the demographic down.  The bigger issue I think is what will the showrunners do when the flashbacks run out. I would be great with them just dropping it but I'm afraid they will do a time jump just so they can do more flashbacks. 

I get what you're saying, but he's the expendable part of the equation. The 2 CW shows that lasted a decade -- Smallville and SPN -- did so by finding new showrunners, after the original guys' contracts expired, and the studio decided to continue without them anyway. If execs at Warner Bros decide Arrow is bankable past the planned 5 years, they'll totally continue, and they'll do it so without Guggenheim/Kreisberg/Berlanti if they have to. ~Creator vision~ only goes as far as their contract deadline, really.

I hated it when Smallville and Gilmore Girls lost their showrunners but a little less ego and agenda from the current show runner could be nice. 

Yes, I do think it's possible that three (potentially) episodes would be enough to get Oliver out of the league or defeat Ra's. I think that if Oliver were going to be in the LOA at the very end of Season Three/start of Season Four he wouldn't join until 3x23. If Oliver joins in 3x20, then I think the final episodes of this season would be like last season where most of the fight against Slade took place in 2x21,22,23. 

On the other hand, I also think that there's a possibility that Oliver is still in the LOA at the end of this season. If I'm being optimistic though, I feel like the writers wouldn't start a season with a murder and then end with Oliver being in the LOA (and possibly forsaking all of his humanity).

I do not think that Oliver deciding to be both Oliver Queen and the Arrow means that his journey is finished. Deciding to be Oliver Queen in addition to the Arrow doesn't suddenly mean that Oliver is psychologically healthy, as far as I'm concerned he still has a long way to go as a hero/person even if he decides to embrace his humanity. 

I really hope that this season ends with Oliver deciding to be both, otherwise I feel like this season will end up being way too depressing and kind of a waste of time.

The season could conceivably end with Oliver as Ra's though that means I have to suffer the rest of the season and hope the show finally turns around by November which does not inspire me.  If they went the route of Oliver taking the mantle and then the team or him somehow getting out of it by the season finale, then instead of ending with Oliver embracing both sides of his nature this could still be a good fit for him to reject his Arrow side altogether and go full on Oliver Queen and then the season 3.5 comics would be him putting that life back together. 

Leaving him in charge of the LoA right now feels more likely but I really don't want that.  It just feels like dragging out more of what I hate.  I barely made it through 2B when Digggle and Felicity were ignored and sidelined.  We've already had worse in a different way this season.  Not sure how much more I can take before there is nothing left to hold my attention and I am just too bored to bother tuning in. 

I really hope they don't make Felicity's father anyone other than a boring regular ole dead beat Dad.  I love Felicity because she is ordinary but incredibly smart and braveand took on the Arrow mission because she wanted to do it, not because we find out she has DNA to some other super hero or super villain or mobster. 

It feels like even if he was a regular Joe when he left, he's not going to be when he returns.  Even if he lacks a comic history, he's going to be mixed up in something nefarious. 

• Love 1

Not surprising that Thea's getting a mask (although possibly not until s4 depending on how long it takes to make them, I don't know) but at this rate, they'll all have masks. Seriously, the only ones without masks will be Diggle and Felicity. Yawn. 

I'm fine with Thea getting a mask and joining the team. The only one I've had a problem with really is Laurel, because, well, it's Laurel. :/ But I'd be perfectly happy to see the Queen siblings kicking ass together.

• Love 17
(edited)

Not surprising that Thea's getting a mask (although possibly not until s4 depending on how long it takes to make them, I don't know) but at this rate, they'll all have masks. Seriously, the only ones without masks will be Diggle and Felicity. Yawn. 

If she wasn't getting a mask until S4 there'd be no need to do her fitting now.  More than likely she's getting it in 322 or 323.  I think people over-estimated the timing involved with KC/LL but it was only like 4 weeks (2 episodes) between sitting for the cast and debuting the mask (did the cast while filming 308 and debuted it in 310).

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1
(edited)

I have no problem with Thea getting a mask. I like Thea. I just think the show is becoming too focused on the masks. It needs more balance. Before we had Moira, Walter, Tommy…and now there's just masks and costumes everywhere that it makes the masks seem less important. 

Edited by Guest

What's the line from The Incredibles?  When everyone is super no one is?  Pretty much Arrow S3.

EXACTLY my point, thank you.

I like Thea, and I am fine with her getting a mask, but it really is starting to feel like an Oprah giveaway episode up in here with everyone getting masks.  My question: When do we get to start prying the masks from some of these "heroes" white knuckled fingers?  (I know who I'm starting with first).   

• Love 2

Anyone think someone is going to bite it in order for Thea to step up (that pic SA posted has me worried about Roy - I know he's not the most popular guy, but I really like him when he's quippy), or if she's going to join everyone but Diggle, Felicity and Quentin in being a masked crime fighter? 

If only Laurel hung hers up and stayed just a DA but no can't have that!

Anyone think someone is going to bite it in order for Thea to step up (that pic SA posted has me worried about Roy - I know he's not the most popular guy, but I really like him when he's quippy), or if she's going to join everyone but Diggle, Felicity and Quentin in being a masked crime fighter?

It will probably be everyone but Felicity Diggle and Quentin having a mask. And we still have to take into account that Quentin might die by the end of the season and Ray is leaving for the spinoff

• Love 1
(edited)

I will be a little surprised if they kill Roy off. Not stunned, but it would surprise me a little. I still can't figure out what SA was referring to though. Maybe because he takes Ra's offer, it's the last time he's in costume as the Arrow for the season?

I think Laurel might leave at the end of the season with Nyssa (probably not permanently- we couldn't be that lucky). But they've been talking that relationship up a lot lately.

I still vote Quentin as most likely to die. And Malcolm, hopefully. I hope Nyssa runs him through (and makes sure he's really dead this time) before leaving town with Laurel.

I'm not sure how a potential Sara resurrection might figure into that scenario however.

Edited by Starfish35

I also think it's possible Roy's going to die. They seem to be refocusing on his relationship with Thea, something they had all but dropped in the first half of the season. Maybe I've watched too many Joss Whedon shows, but he always did that before he killed one half of a couple.  

Could he be the character that doesn't meet his comic book destiny?

• Love 1

I also think it's possible Roy's going to die. They seem to be refocusing on his relationship with Thea, something they had all but dropped in the first half of the season. Maybe I've watched too many Joss Whedon shows, but he always did that before he killed one half of a couple.  

Plus, death is always the motivator for the mask wearing with these people, so I figure someone has to die in order for her to want to put one on. Maybe Roy gets stabbed in front of her or some other kind of awful thing. I suppose she could be motivated by Oliver taking Ra's place or something, or even wanting to undo some of the havoc Malcolm wreaked with The Undertaking, but I think Roy needs to be put on DEATH WATCH 2015.

• Love 1

I have definitely been getting the feeling that Roy is on his way out. The re-focus on his relationship with Thea has intensified that thought for me,

Could he be the character that doesn't meet his comic book destiny?

He already has, he's become Arsenal.  

• Love 2
(edited)

I wonder if maybe Oliver's the one moving away from his comic book destiny (wasn't it phrased that people would be getting closer, and some would be further away?), what with him possibly joining Ra's for at least a little while? Thea's getting a mask, so unless that is some kind of villain mask, it's not her. Laurel has hers and I don't think for a second they'll take that away from her. Roy's already Arsenal. Who's left? 

Edited by apinknightmare

I went a really high "heeee" when i saw the cast pic.. which was the opposite reaction when i saw the same pic from KC. oh the difference.

Maybe Merlyn is the one who bites the dust which prompts Thea to take on a mask?

they won't kill Roy, he's Arsenal. I suppose they can kill off Sin, but I don't think she and Thea were that close for her to wear a mask in her honor.

What if.. no one dies and Thea takes on Oliver place because he's off to join the LoA? or the other way around, Thea join the league, after Ra's has been dethrone when Nyssa killed his ass.

or she's doing it to honor Moira's memory?

• Love 1

I don't think SA would even vaguely spoil something as significant as Roy being killed off. All the previous deaths have been super secret.

Based on the pic I just posted in the Spoilers thread, maybe he was posting about his suit.

If Malcolm dies, I think Roy's safe, as I doubt they'd kill both so close together. I vote for Malcolm. 

He already has, he's become Arsenal.  

I meant in the sense that he becomes more than Green Arrow's sidekick in the comics, doesn't he? I'd have to find the original quote, but I don't think just having the super hero name means they've fulfilled their destinies. If Laurel died right now she would not be fulfilling her comic book destiny, IMO, even though she has officially kind of been called Black Canary in the show. 

Those lights seem pointless, especially when stealth was a major tool in Oliver's arsenal. They give away his presence too easily.

If those wrist cuffs give him a power punch that is cool and all, but still don't need the lights.

• Love 1

I feel like SA is just messing around with those LED lights. Unless I've missed something? 

Also, it looks like they're really blowing up the foundry which explains why we don't see it in the last 4 episodes. It's about time something happened to it because the world and its wife knew where that not-so-secret lair was. It was getting stupid.

This pic Colton posted last week had me thinking the same thing about Roy, along with some other bummer-sounding tweets from a few months back. I honestly hope he isn't getting killed off, which I never would have thought I'd say before this season. But of all the new superheroes, he's the one I like the best, and the one I think fits in best in the lair. I have hopes for Thea too, but since she hasn't been allowed to interact with Felicity or Diggle really, it's hard to say.

• Love 6

Well if they have to kill off a member of Team Arrow to "make it real", I'd rather it be Roy than Diggle. But....I'd really kind of hate to lose Roy. I've always liked Colton Haynes, even on Teen Wolf. I know he's not the greatest actor in the world, but still.

• Love 4
(edited)

If Malcolm dies, I think Roy's safe, as I doubt they'd kill both so close together. I vote for Malcolm.

I meant in the sense that he becomes more than Green Arrow's sidekick in the comics, doesn't he? I'd have to find the original quote, but I don't think just having the super hero name means they've fulfilled their destinies. If Laurel died right now she would not be fulfilling her comic book destiny, IMO, even though she has officially kind of been called Black Canary in the show.

From May 2014.

http://www.justjaredjr.com/2014/05/14/arrow-ep-andrew-kreisberg-previews-tonights-game-changing-season-finale-jjj-interview/

Kreisberg: One of the things we're talking about now is that every one of the characters is really asking themselves, "Who am I?" From Oliver to Laurel, everyone is faced with a decision about what their destiny is going to be. Each and every one of them over the course of next season will be making that journey. For some people it's a dark journey. For other people it's a lighter journey. For some people it's becoming their comic book characters. In other cases, it's actually definitively not. We talk a lot about identity being the theme of the season, and everyone's asking themselves, "Who am I?" That's that.

In context they have to mean Costumed Alter Egos, it can't mean anything else because there's no definitive "character" over the course of 40+ years of comic history.

Edited by Morrigan2575

They wouldn't have Oliver actually lose his hand and get a bionic replacement, would they? Maybe Ra's cuts it off after telling Oliver he's his father ;)

It wouldn't be the first time Arrow writers ripped an SL off of another source

• Love 2

Roy's been very likeable this season. But I'm not invested in the character. For me, if someone, other than Malcolm, has to go, it'd be Roy. Honestly, if they kill of Roy, get rid of Malcolm some how (I mean, when they're not wasting Barrowman they're dumbing down Oliver, Thea or Roy so Malcolm can stay around) and ship Ray off to the spin-off maybe they can tell a tighter storyline next season and give everyone a decent story arc.

The problem with potentially killing off Roy is that it does nothing to solve the problem of bloated cast and too many storylines.  He would actually have to have a storyline to begin with beyond just making random snarky comments in the lair and uselessly parkouring all over the place for it to make a difference and he's been short-changed in that regard as much as Diggle has.

• Love 9

Those LED lights look super cool.  Not.

Budget TRON? Is that you?

I'm thinking a bit of Black Widow's bite, perhaps. Why stop at ripping off various parts of DC's universe? Let's expand to Marvel as well.

What would be novel is to not kill anyone off this year. I know, I know, crazy talk. 

I'm mildly excited for Thea, but as others have said, I'm kinda over masks at this point. For me, there's too much emphasis on the mask and not what it means to make that commitment. When Digg is regarded as a lesser hero because he doesn't have a mask, (and I absolutely believe that is happening no matter how they try to spin it) that's a problem.

• Love 4
(edited)

The Very Very White Justice League of the CW, always looking for new [white] members. Thea is now gonna be the ninth person getting superhero status in this 'verse. Oliver, Sara, Roy, Barry, Laurel, Ronnie, Dr. Stein, Palmer. Don't they realize how awful this looks?

Weren't we promised Katana? Where's Katana?

Edited by dancingnancy
  • Love 10

The Very Very White Justice League of the CW, always looking for new [white] members. Thea is now gonna be the ninth person getting superhero status in this 'verse. Oliver, Sara, Roy, Barry, Laurel, Ronnie, Dr. Stein, Palmer. Don't they realize how awful this looks?

Weren't we promised Katana? Where's Katana?

Ya know, I hadn't even thought of it that way - weird considering I'm pretty sensitive to this topic. Laid out like that, it's horrible. But we've had some POC villains, amiright?

• Love 4