Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

“I’m going to be a dick and say 50-50

It really means nothing.  He's just talking about the "triangle"  Either Ray or Oliver equals 50/50.  It's a meaningless statement dropped to get buzz going. 

Oh God, the show is going to make her stand up again Lance to prop up Laurel, aren't they?

Felicity has been standing up to Quentin since the first time he hauled her into police headquarters.  That IMO really wouldn't be a big deal. 

• Love 1

I hope Felicity stands up to Ra's, but it'll probably be Waller.

Oh, MG really is a dick with his answer to 'what are Oliver & Felicity's chances' - so wish granted:

He's a troll. I thought Kirkman was the worst talking to fans but I think MG has passed him on the dick continuum.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 4

The promo has MM saying to Oliver "You need to regain that killer instinct" We had 2 seasons of Felicity  encouraging Oliver not to be a killer.   You know what would be good?  Felicity vs Malcolm in a battle for Oliver's soul.  Not going to happen as long as the EPs are obsessed with the costumes rather than the characters.

Or, nightmare scenario: Lance, for being angry with them/Laurel over THE SECRET.

That would seriously be the death of Felicity as we knew her, and probably my love for her.  No step is too low for MG to do for his Laurel.

Not cheating on him? I thought maybe they'd date, but I guess we're going full-on. Although maybe not, since BR seems to be under the impression that Anna was his wife.

I really hope I'm wrong about him being in s4, not just because I think he's irrelevant and wasting Felicity's screen time but also because I think he is completely out of place on Arrow. I can see him over on The Flash, easily, but the ATOM suit and all that it can do (he flies FFS!) just makes Oliver and his arrows redundant. You can't make the hero of the show redundant. It's ridiculous. 

That's the problem with Ray staying on Arrow, and knowing about Oliver isn't going to make any difference.

It's like when the said that if Laurel knows the secret, she'll be relevant and redeemed. Well now she knows the secret and I dislike her even more.

Is there going to be a Laurel/Felicity/Ray triangle too? She can't spend all her time propping Laurel. Ray needs attention too! (eyeroll)

I hope Felicity is doing some weight training in the lair.  All that heavy lifting propping Laurel and Ray must be exhausting.

• Love 5

I'd rather see her wearing Oliver's leathers. Or at least a facsimile of them in her size. I think that would bear some objective scientific scrutiny.

Yeah I'd much rather see her in Oliver's leathers for Science lol

The promo has MM saying to Oliver "You need to regain that killer instinct" We had 2 seasons of Felicity encouraging Oliver not to be a killer. You know what would be good? Felicity vs Malcolm in a battle for Oliver's soul. Not going to happen as long as the EPs are obsessed with the costumes rather than the characters.

That would seriously be the death of Felicity as we knew her, and probably my love for her. No step is too low for MG to do for his Laurel.

That's the problem with Ray staying on Arrow, and knowing about Oliver isn't going to make any difference.

It's like when the said that if Laurel knows the secret, she'll be relevant and redeemed. Well now she knows the secret and I dislike her even more.

I hope Felicity is doing some weight training in the lair. All that heavy lifting propping Laurel and Ray must be exhausting.

EBR has been hitting the gym this guy has noticed her arms look more toned and she's gotten a nicer ass lol

I hope to god its Ra's she stands up to. About Oliver so that way Ra's notices she cares for oliver but then my girl would be in trouble :(

I've noticed her arms and booty for a while though.

Perhaps this year's outfits emphasises it particularly.

I've studied her body for you know Science lol and you can see the difference patricualry in her booty from season 1 to now and her outfits probably help lol

It really means nothing.  He's just talking about the "triangle"  Either Ray or Oliver equals 50/50.  It's a meaningless statement dropped to get buzz going. 

Felicity has been standing up to Quentin since the first time he hauled her into police headquarters.  That IMO really wouldn't be a big deal. 

But not in an antagonistic way, which is what I took from MG's words.

There doesn't seem like there's a good way for Felicity to stand up to Quentin concerning their lies.

I'm sorry I didn't want to kill you. So instead I enabled your daughters lies. Don't you dare tell me what I did was preposterous. Oh and I'm also encouraging your daughter to get herself killed. Stop looking at me like that!!!

• Love 1

Yeah, apparently SA will be shirtless in 18 if he had the tattoo on yesterday (see his Facebook for photo). Wonder if he's fighting Ra's again, as it is their custom to remove their shirts, you know.

Dear Lord, his body is just unreal. The pic just reminds me of how few shirtless Oliver scenes we've gotten this season. A silly, shallow detail, but it was a nice distraction from some of the stupid that was going on in season 2B

Ha! Guess I slept through that scene. I usually catch those on rewatch but I haven't rewatched anything besides Flarrow this season.

Well it was really quick, right before the comment about cell phone reception. But hes nearly died at least twice in her presence (1st time w car bleeding scene & 2nd with Barry) so maybe she thinks its not as bad as it really was with magical herbs needed. Like u said if it was better written they would have talked about it & then working with MM might have made more sense to them. I always thought they all just need to get locked in the foundry & actually talk about what happened. But I guess they'll hold off on that talk until they need a low budget episode.

• Love 2

Well it was really quick, right before the comment about cell phone reception. But hes nearly died at least twice in her presence (1st time w car bleeding scene & 2nd with Barry) so maybe she thinks its not as bad as it really was with magical herbs needed. Like u said if it was better written they would have talked about it & then working with MM might have made more sense to them. I always thought they all just need to get locked in the foundry & actually talk about what happened. But I guess they'll hold off on that talk until they need a low budget episode.

They will save until May sweeps or right before

• Love 1

Now I'm picturing Felicity in a hooded green leather outfit, carrying a bow in one hand and a mini-PC in the other, and running around an island. I'd watch that show.

Ray & Felicity just gives me too much of an unpleasant Smallville deja vu vibe - where the popular, non-canon female character is pushed off on the supporting superhero male character.

So I'm taking no ownership of originating this idea. I think I saw it on twitter or tumblr. But anyway, they hypothesized that felicity had a secret talent/hobby of archery. I always found this kinda fascinating idea, if they ever wanted to develop her back-story. Looking at her apt she had couple things that related to archery, I can't believe that was done to benefit any links to oliver. She also knew how to build an impressive bow & easily identified the black arrow. It would be kinda cool, if she just revealed herself as kickass archer. So if we're handing out suits, I live her up for that along with her tablet.

Sidebar - if they are introducing high tech hijinks I go secret ids, can't felicity build Oliver a bow like katniss' that has all these social powers? Esp if atom sticks around

• Love 2

Make her Atemis if we're handing out masks. Since this show doesn't have a problem white washing characters, they can just steal the name, not the character history. Plus, I saw some fan art of Felicity as Artemis and it was cool, and apparently, that's all the show's concerned about anymore. 

Did we ever figure out why Roy's got the Arrow outfit on? Is it because Oliver said he wouldn't be leaving town again and then immediately hopped on a plane to Lian Yu?

• Love 1

MG says there are two characters currently on the Roster that are being considered to become DC heroes probably Thea and Diggle maybe even Lyla she is Harbinger in the comics yes? I wouldn't mind Felicity becoming Atremis!

Lord give me strength to endure Felicity's "Epiphany" in 315 as I fear the worst as MG trys to sell me on Ray have any sort of connection even close to what Oliver has with Felicity.

Ray you speshul snowflake.

Give me strength.

It doesn't look good Fuck MG Ray is nothing special. I feel bad for EBR. She's probably gonna get hate from so called fans acting like she cheated on Oliver when Oliver is the one fucking up and MG is all about Ray and Laurel

• Love 3

Jay, you may be the most loyal fan I've ever known.  Good for you!

If it helps at all, I'm irritated for the Quentin-tricking and loathe the light comment, and I didn't like her responding to Ray while she thought Oliver was dead, but I absolutely do not mind her shacking up with someone now.  I mean eww, Ray, BUT she's certainly not cheating on anyone, and for goodness' sake she's seemingly not gotten any in years.  I say go get your freak on, Felicity!  (Feel free not to show it onscreen, though.)

• Love 1

Is the reason that it feel like there is no "Big Bad" this season because everything is just building up to "The Atom" (and FauxCanary show)?

Seriously don't care for episode 19 being about Ray's existential crisis on why he is a "hero".  

And apparently he is a "hero" by episode 19...WTF?!?

• Love 5

Jay, you may be the most loyal fan I've ever known.  Good for you!

If it helps at all, I'm irritated for the Quentin-tricking and loathe the light comment, and I didn't like her responding to Ray while she thought Oliver was dead, but I absolutely do not mind her shacking up with someone now.  I mean eww, Ray, BUT she's certainly not cheating on anyone, and for goodness' sake she's seemingly not gotten any in years.  I say go get your freak on, Felicity!  (Feel free not to show it onscreen, though.)

Yeah Aychihuaha I love me some Felicity and I agree with you on the light comment, Quentin-Tricking so on . I REALLY REALLY don't want her first sexy times to be with Lameo Ray but Felicity is sexy as hell, she has given Oliver more than one opportunity to have his way with her, and he's a dumbass. As a guy I've wondered why SHE hasn't pushed him up against a wall and had her way with him cause it's obvious she wants him. I do think if she loves Oliver she shouldn't necessarily Fuck the nearest guy but I think she's not even very sure exactly what she feels. Though the Hack in charge says Felicity loves Oliver yet it sounds like she is gonna date Ray. I'm holding out hope she don't screw him though he's gross

And UGH to Episode 19 sounding like an RAY story

I wanna add I only wanna see Felicity get her sexy times on screen with Oliver!

Regarding the latest Ray spoilers - Does anyone else feel like they are watching basically the same hero origin story play out over and over again?

Character A motivated by death of Character B, changes ways and becomes heroic. I know this is pretty much the formula for most superheroes but I guess I find it odd that they've decided to run so many of these character origin stories back to back. It feels really redundant at this point.

And boring.

• Love 17

Did he seriously misspell rodeo? He is a writer...right? I will be in my room, rocking back and forth and crying in the corner. Bye.

I wondered about that tool  Spell-check Is Your Friend.

Is the reason that it feel like there is no "Big Bad" this season because everything is just building up to "The Atom" (and FauxCanary show)?

Seriously don't care for episode 19 being about Ray's existential crisis on why he is a "hero".  

And apparently he is a "hero" by episode 19...WTF?!?

Well they've been selling us all season that Ra's is the Big Bad.  Personally I think the 'gamechanger' (I can't keep track of them all) is going to end up with it being Malcolm  But that we still don't know going in to 3x14 shows how sucky the planning for the season has been.

Character A motivated by death of Character B, changes ways and becomes heroic. I know this is pretty much the formula for most superheroes but I guess I find it odd that they've decided to run so many of these character origin stories back to back. It feels really redundant at this point.

There are other ways on other shows. This one is pretty much a one trick pony.  For the last two season, it's been exclusively females deaths too.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 2

Regarding the latest Ray spoilers - Does anyone else feel like they are watching basically the same hero origin story play out over and over again?

And boring.

I think this is why I honestly don't care for the character. He's a character a lot of people think is 'cool', but he's not a character they really root for. I think this is partially because his origin story is totally recycled, because he's not even a fully formed character (relatively flat), and because he doesn't even interact with anyone on the show except for Felicity (and in turn drags her down). 

• Love 3

Darkest before dawn.

I have a feeling we are still in the wee small hours of the morning for a mite longer before we get any sun. I will assume crash position during 3.15. It's going be bad, worse than the Oliver/Sara lunge because it's going to be a choice were Felicity compares Oliver to Ray and picks Ray. And you know EBR will sell the emotion of the moment and Trollheim will laugh and cackle at our screams and offer unhelpful vague comments about how long it will last and...

And he thinks 3.14 will break the internet?

• Love 3

Well they've been selling us all season that Ra's is the Big Bad.  Personally I think the 'gamechanger' (I can't keep track of them all) is going to end up with it being Malcolm  But that we still don't know going in to 3x14 shows how sucky the planning for the season has been.

I can't buy Ra's as a big Bad because I can't imagine them ever killing him or besting him especially at this point in the show. Killing Ra's that would be a "game changer" (that they can't pull off IMO)....I sinseriously hope that Malcolm is the big bad because he needs to be defeated for good. 

• Love 1

Sometimes I'm either slow or I just don't get: So Felicity will realize Ray is different than Oliver. Is she just figuring this out? Ray's loved one died and that motivated him to build his suit. He has never been a crime fighter for a single day. So of course he might do things in a different way than Oliver. He doesn't have people constantly hunting him down or murdering his loved ones. So while Ray had it hard, I'd go as far as saying that Oliver had it harder. Maybe Oliver is an idiot but sometimes I really believe that he cannot go back to just being carefree. And just to be clear, the suit shouldn't make Ray competent. Without it, he'd still be useless. Even LL could probably take him any day. 

It almost sounds like as though Felicity is here to a) make people like Ray b) show the audience that Oliver could and should be more like Ray because Ray's way is just soooo different but apparently works right away. It might just be the easy way out for her as well. Ray does things the way Felicity likes them and she is all for that because it doesn't involve all the Oliver drama. 

This season hopefully has a point because at the moment it is just so messy. Why does everyone have to be a hero right away? Why are there so many storylines that don't mix properly. And why is there so much pointless drama. Couldn't they have just left the love triangle out of it? Couldn't it have been just Ray and Oliver without Felicity in the middle because it will probably make Oliver (intentionally by the writers) look bad, Felicity look bad (unintentionally) and Ray look good (because you have to like him, that's why)

I am really losing interest at the moment. All the episodes sound super frustrating and underwhelming. Especially when you consider that they are really set on making Arrow about everyone but Arrow. The only moment I really enjoyed last episode was Oliver and Thea. You could tell how much her reaction meant to him and how scared he was of her reaction. 

I am also choosing to believe that Ray will be around longer than people will be comfortable with. All this preparation seems to extensive to just drop him. And since they are choosing to ignore his actual comic book abilities they can keep Iron Man around for a while.

BTW: Is it only me or is it just slightly rude to point out how much you as an EP love it when you can basically flip the bird to people who watch your show? I think it is rather rude to laugh at the fact that they are invested and care. If you don't want them, don't worry you will manage to drive them away. Just continue down this road.

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 11

Darkest before dawn.

I have a feeling we are still in the wee small hours of the morning for a mite longer before we get any sun. I will assume crash position during 3.15. It's going be bad, worse than the Oliver/Sara lunge because it's going to be a choice were Felicity compares Oliver to Ray and picks Ray. And you know EBR will sell the emotion of the moment and Trollheim will laugh and cackle at our screams and offer unhelpful vague comments about how long it will last and...

And he thinks 3.14 will break the internet?

The fact that SA hasn't really said much encouraging about Olicity lately leads me to believe that it's going to be quite a while before that happens.  He told people about the greatest Olicity moment coming in episode 9, he outright told fans in his Facebook Q&A that Felicity would be shutting Oliver down romantically, and I believe that he even hinted at the Olicity stuff in the season premiere.  The fact that all he has said is that "it's always darkest before the dawn" leads me to believe that he probably hasn't filmed any meaningful Olicity scenes up to episode 18. And unless he starts mentioning the Olicity moment in episode 14 (the one that MG keeps telling people will make them smile so big or whatever), I'm assuming that MG is overexaggerating and it will be nothing.

• Love 4

I HATE absolutely everything they're doing with this Felicity and Ray storyline. They've made way too many comparisons to Oliver in the narrative that any interest she shows in Ray is weird and gross, like she's saying, 'well, I can't have Oliver but Ray is like him a lot so he'll do.' NOPE. Not here for this shit.

I also have zero interest in Ray's struggles as a hero. 319 will be coming into the last episodes of the season and they're choosing to focus on Ray? Now I know for sure he's sticking around in s4. What a joke.

It would be interesting to know if Felicity got that Robin Hood poster in her apartment before or after she became part of Team Arrow.

Did anyone else notice the poster of people with a lot of masks on too? I feel like that's sorta an inside joke Easter egg this season with everyone raiding costumes'r'us. I just love when the set people wink wink the audience.

Did he seriously misspell rodeo? He is a writer...right? I will be in my room, rocking back and forth and crying in the corner. Bye.

No think he meant Hodeo. Since he likes making them hoes. Hrs being so snarky cool. Haha. Either way its hilarious that he gets his kicks from messing with the fans!

• Love 1

I can't buy Ra's as a big Bad because I can't imagine them ever killing him or besting him especially at this point in the show. Killing Ra's that would be a "game changer" (that they can't pull off IMO)....I sinseriously hope that Malcolm is the big bad because he needs to be defeated for good.

One of the show's producers back during the hiatus answered a hypothetical question about what would have happened if Oliver succeeded in beating Ra's and I swear he said that killing Ra's would make the victor the new head of the LoA ...so that would be kind of awkward.

I HATE absolutely everything they're doing with this Felicity and Ray storyline. They've made way too many comparisons to Oliver in the narrative that any interest she shows in Ray is weird and gross, like she's saying, 'well, I can't have Oliver but Ray is like him a lot so he'll do.' NOPE. Not here for this shit.

I also have zero interest in Ray's struggles as a hero. 319 will be coming into the last episodes of the season and they're choosing to focus on Ray? Now I know for sure he's sticking around in s4. What a joke.

What I'm thinking is in the last few episodes she will realize she is projecting her feelings for Oliver onto Ray her and Oliver will FINALLY talk it out and get together. Ray CAN be in season 4 and not be dating Felicity

• Love 1

Yeah Aychihuaha I love me some Felicity and I agree with you on the light comment, Quentin-Tricking so on . I REALLY REALLY don't want her first sexy times to be with Lameo Ray but Felicity is sexy as hell, she has given Oliver more than one opportunity to have his way with her, and he's a dumbass. As a guy I've wondered why SHE hasn't pushed him up against a wall and had her way with him cause it's obvious she wants him. I do think if she loves Oliver she shouldn't necessarily Fuck the nearest guy but I think she's not even very sure exactly what she feels. Though the Hack in charge says Felicity loves Oliver yet it sounds like she is gonna date Ray. I'm holding out hope she don't screw him though he's gross

And UGH to Episode 19 sounding like an RAY story

I wanna add I only wanna see Felicity get her sexy times on screen with Oliver!

Seriously think lunge 2.0 will be Oliver & felicty. Put a post in speculation about it. There eye fucking is gonna amp up as they deny their feelings

Seriously think lunge 2.0 will be Oliver & felicty. Put a post in speculation about it. There eye fucking is gonna amp up as they deny their feelings

Kismet I would love for you to be right. I'd love for her to realize in 315 that she loves Oliver and then Lunge 2.0 would happen. But MG has said we olicters will be mad at him going into 318

But MG has said we olicters will be mad at him going into 318

Any normal person would want the audience to not be mad. I think he doesn't want people to be happy about this storyline. If you make people dread it maybe they will give up and you will have finally managed to run something the audience loved into the ground and they will let it go. 

On another note: MG says Felicity is in love with Oliver. Maybe it is just me but at the moment I don't really see that. At one point I'd have said she probably is but after all this time, I'd like her to voice how she feels because that might put the whole Ray thing into perspective for me. 

Any normal person would want the audience to not be mad. I think he doesn't want people to be happy about this storyline. If you make people dread it maybe they will give up and you will have finally managed to run something the audience loved into the ground and they will let it go. 

On another note: MG says Felicity is in love with Oliver. Maybe it is just me but at the moment I don't really see that. At one point I'd have said she probably is but after all this time, I'd like her to voice how she feels because that might put the whole Ray thing into perspective for me.

I think that he's a fucking asshole IF that's the case. I think it's really that stupid Moonlighting curse Bullshit that he is afraid of there are shows that worked after getting the popular pairing together but the problem is even EBR seems to think Olicity would be boring once they got together which is not true. I bet us non writers can come up with ways Olicity being together would not be boring. I'm baffled that more people don't think the Olicity drama and just the season in general is so GD Depressing

To add a little more I think MG thinks that Felicity saying she had dreams that Oliver would come back different was a way of her saying she loves him that she hoped he would come back and be like "Baby you're my future let's do this "

• Love 3
In episode 15, for example, the differences between how Oliver does things and how Ray does things are very different, and very stark, and very sharply drawn. That’s not lost on Felicity. She’s aware that Ray is a very different kind of person than Oliver, and we’ll see what she does with that epiphany.”

So now it is Oliver's turn to be on Ray's prop duty....WTFever!

In episode 15, for example, the differences between how Oliver does things and how Ray does things are very different, and very stark, and very sharply drawn. That’s not lost on Felicity. She’s aware that Ray is a very different kind of person than Oliver, and we’ll see what she does with that epiphany.”

I wonder if this means Ray always takes a vote on how he should proceed as a hero, uses a soft, melodic tone of voice, and gently incapacitates criminals. Eh, let's be real, he Crazy Eyes them into submission. And it sounds like what Felicity does with that info is ask Ray to be her +1. Meanwhile, Oliver will be sad. What have I done to deserve this? 

• Love 7