Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Seems Emily Kinney was cast as the Bug Eyed Villian.

#WalkingDead’s Beth.. @EmmyKinney arrives in VanCity to be #TheFlash’s new Bug Eyed Villian #BrieLarvan

So it IS a woman - I guess she could be Felicity's nemesis?

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1

They should've found a way to cast Allison Mack as Felicity's nemesis. At least then I could believe she would be an equal or better than Felicity and I'm sure that would've given them a lot of press being that Chloe Sullivan was the first Felicity and married her Oliver Queen. Emily Kinney just does not scream villain to me, she's looks way too soft. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 1

Emily Kinney as a villain that could be Felicity's nemesis/a potential rogue for the A.T.O.M.'s gallery (if they succeed in spinning him off)? I might have to exert a lot of effort in suspending my disbelief for this episode. Not only is Emily Kinney a little too innocent-looking (perma-babyface can be both a curse and a blessing) but she's also very soft-spoken. Even her scenes on TWD where she's supposed to be angry/finding her inner steel comes off like a kitten trying to be a lion.

I wonder if there's going to be any singing? Just leave your guitar to the zombies in Atlanta, Beth.

• Love 4

I have to disagree! It's those who look the least menacing who are usually the biggest threat!

I mean look at Felicity!! Do you really think anyone who first meets her think she's this BAMF hacker who can literally ruin their life with the push of a button? No! Of course not. That's what makes her so awesome.

As the saying goes: don't look at a books cover but what's inside (or something like that- I'm having problems remembering idioms today)

Edited by foreverevolving

I have to disagree! It's those who look the least menacing who are usually the biggest threat!

I mean look at Felicity!! Do you really think anyone who first meets her think she's this BAMF hacker who can literally ruin their life with the push of a button? No! Of course not. That's what makes her so awesome.

As the saying goes: don't look at a books cover but what's inside (or something like that- I'm having problems remembering idioms today)

Maybe she'll be the DC universe's Dolores Umbridge.

• Love 2

Sure, if you have an actor capable of showing inner strength like EBR, one that when in a scene with JB has reviewers commenting the Felicity came off like the bigger badass.  However, if EK's acting on TWD is anything to go by, she can't pull off inner strength or HBIC.  However, they got the bugged-eyed part right, that's a staple of her acting...

• Love 2

I'm gonna go with the "wait and see" approach. Actually that's my usual approach. I don't see a point to get railed up over something i can't change and know very little about (cause we have no idea what the script looks and asks for), over an actress i don't remember ever seeing in anything. So I'll wait and let the results on my screen speak. If she'll suck she'll suck and I'll roll my eyes at the awful casting, if she'll do good than i didn't spend any time getting upset over it.

So far 98% of the time the casting on arrow and in the flash has been pretty spot on.

• Love 1

I watched the first three seasons of The Walking Dead but don't really have any opinion on the actress because from what I remember she was basically a background character who only seemed to get lines when she was looking after the baby. I know she got more screen time when I stopped watching though.

Yeah emily Kinney was a background character for most of the show. Sometimes she would sing though lol. She only started getting more lines toward the end of the fourth season and then in season 5 she was killed off.

No Ray in next two EPs woohoo!! Now I hope he and Felicity don't seriously date

Well, that's really odd. That's three episodes in a row that he's not in, leaving eight in the season. I'm guessing he'll be in all of them, right?

I'm pretty sure he will be I just hope he and Felicity don't get real serious

Yeah. I guess that means we'll have Palmer from 3x15 straight up to the finale. So I guess we're supposed to think that he's been holed up in his lab all this time then? Which is why Felicity is back to worrying about him getting in too deep with his mission. I guess three-four weeks is enough time for his suit to go from malfunctioning robot arm to a full suit since this is also when we'll get our first glimpse of it, right? Meh. I wish I cared about Palmer's origin arc more but I don't.

"Don't judge a book by its cover" is the idiom you're looking for. :) And I'm not. I'm basing my assessment of EK on the four seasons that I've had the pleasure of being exposed to her acting on The Walking Dead. She's okay with emotional scenes but supposedly badass scenes are eh. And, even though I grew tired of it, her singing wasn't all that bad either. She seems like a sweet person, though. My reaction isn't so much angry or railing against the casting but more "Her?"

• Love 2

So 15 is when the suit comes out to play.  I have a feeling he'll come back on a high and cue the lunge.  Then confirmation in 16, dating in 17, and hopefully breaking up by 18-19.  Crosses fingers.  I may be a little optimistic about the end date. 

• Love 1

"Don't judge a book by its cover" is the idiom you're looking for. :) And I'm not. I'm basing my assessment of EK on the four seasons that I've had the pleasure of being exposed to her acting on The Walking Dead. She's okay with emotional scenes but supposedly badass scenes are eh. And, even though I grew tired of it, her singing wasn't all that bad either. She seems like a sweet person, though. My reaction isn't so much angry or railing against the casting but more "Her?"

I agree EK can't do menacing and I have a hard time believing that she can be badass, but I'm pretty sure she could do Batshit crazy...kinda like Drucilla in Buffy.

So 15 is when the suit comes out to play.  I have a feeling he'll come back on a high and cue the lunge.  Then confirmation in 16, dating in 17, and hopefully breaking up by 18-19.  Crosses fingers.  I may be a little optimistic about the end date. 

I don't think there's going to be a lunge at all. I think you'll have them dating but more of a casual thing, like we're hanging out, going to dinner, working together...oh wait you mean we're actually dating?  

• Love 2

I don't think we'll get much of Oliver/Felicity in the next few episodes.  There'll be some interaction in 13, but I think that a good portion of the episode will be Laurel stuff with Oliver trying to rein her in.  The present-day stuff in episode 14 will be on the island, so we won't get much in that episode.  Then it sounds like 15 and 16 might be LoA stuff, so I wonder if Oliver is even going to be in Starling City for those episodes?  Wow, just noticed I used the word "stuff" like a lot.

Edited by SonofaBiscuit
  • Love 4

I don't think there's going to be a lunge at all. I think you'll have them dating but more of a casual thing, like we're hanging out, going to dinner, working together...oh wait you mean we're actually dating?  

Yeah, more and more I'm convinced this won't be an actual hot and heavy relationship. There just doesn't seem to be enough time. I mean, I know this show is fond of rushing stuff, but Ray is not even showing up again until 3x15? Unless they're not putting Oliver and Felicity, and at the end of the season Felicity does embark on a deeper relationship with Ray (so fans won't complain about missing Olicity moments during the hiatus again).

Asked which was more possible adapting on the show from the comics: A) Roy getting his arm cut off or B) Team Arrow moving to Seattle temporarily, MG says: "B is more likely, but neither is going to happen.  Our Starling City is based on Seattle."

So I'm going to assume that time we saw Starling City on the map where Chicago is just was a production miscommunication.  That fits with my thought that the sunnier Central City that is five hours away is somewhere in California.  Just one of my pet projects, trying to figure out where everyone is. 

Yeah, I'm not that optimistic. I don't think we will see Felicity lunge at Ray, but he might swoop in for an excited kiss and she doesn't reject him. 

I want to be wrong but at the same time the longer they take to put them together, the longer they may stay together. 

I don't think we'll get much of Oliver/Felicity in the next few episodes.  There'll be some interaction in 13, but I think that a good portion of the episode will be Laurel stuff with Oliver trying to rein her in.  The present-day stuff in episode 14 will be on the island, so we won't get much in that episode.  Then it sounds like 15 and 16 might be LoA stuff, so I wonder if Oliver is even going to be in Starling City for those episodes?

I suspect 3.14 is going to be a Felicity light episode. 

Yeah, more and more I'm convinced this won't be an actual hot and heavy relationship. There just doesn't seem to be enough time. I mean, I know this show is fond of rushing stuff, but Ray is not even showing up again until 3x15? Unless they're not putting Oliver and Felicity, and at the end of the season Felicity does embark on a deeper relationship with Ray (so fans won't complain about missing Olicity moments during the hiatus again).

That is what I'm worried about.  What if 3.18 is Felicity deciding to put her past behind her and move toward Ray?   Kind of ruins a lot of my fun, doncha know. 

So I'm going to assume that time we saw Starling City on the map where Chicago is just was a production miscommunication.  That fits with my thought that the sunnier Central City that is five hours away is somewhere in California.  Just one of my pet projects, trying to figure out where everyone is. 

Yeah, I'm not that optimistic. I don't think we will see Felicity lunge at Ray, but he might swoop in for an excited kiss and she doesn't reject him. 

I want to be wrong but at the same time the longer they take to put them together, the longer they may stay together. 

That is what I'm worried about.  What if 3.18 is Felicity deciding to put her past behind her and move toward Ray?   Kind of ruins a lot of my fun, doncha know.

It would ruin my fun too but I'm hoping that the end of the season regarding Olicity and Oliver himself is that he gets QC back and he and Felicity FINALLY get together, basically the opposite of the start of the season. She starts dating Ray I'm afraid that some Olicity shippers will give up or start calling Felicity nasty uncalled for names when OLIVER is the reason they are at right now

And for what it's worth MG said about Olicity moments in 318 that he bets we won't dislike it.

Ew. Just why would you even put this out into the world?

:(

Edited by Limbo
  • Love 1

The only thing that tells me episode 13 and 14 are Felicity lite episodes is the fact that Ray isn't in them which makes me sad because apparently in order for people to get more Felicity scenes, it means that Ray has to be there too. Why can't she have an independent arc? I'd rather watch her and Gerry than her and Ray lol

• Love 4

I'd rather watch her and Gerry than her and Ray lol

I'm pretty sure MG said we would be seeing Gerry (or was it Jerry?) again, so...  ;)

And for what it's worth MG said about Olicity moments in 318 that he bets we won't dislike it.

Thanks for that, I needed help down off that ledge and you are right, these people LOVE to bookend their season so if happy Olicity quickly leads to misery, then we should have misery leading to happy. 

Another thing to consider- though not for shipping reasons, but last season ended with all the heroes coming together to fight off Slade and his army and then Oliver was embraced by the city as Arrow.  They police were at his beck and call.  I wonder if the producers would have the city turning against him this year?  My other thought and one that seems to make more and more sense to me (with or without the city turning against him) is of course that all the heroes coming together this time instead of propping up Oliver and making him feel more confidant as the Arrow, make him feel he isn't needed anymore.  

It's another bookend since in episode one, he thinks he can't be Oliver Queen , the opposite would be him not being the Arrow. 

Edited by BkWurm1

Yeah, more and more I'm convinced this won't be an actual hot and heavy relationship. There just doesn't seem to be enough time. I mean, I know this show is fond of rushing stuff, but Ray is not even showing up again until 3x15?

If they have to pay Brandon Routh by the episode, then they may want to skip Ray scenes entirely in 3x13, which will be about Oliver adjusting back to Starling City, and 3x14, which is going to take place on Lian Yu in present day.  There's 9 episodes between 3x15 and 2x23, which was longer than Oliver's relationship with Sara lasted and there was enough hot and heavy in that.

3x14 will probably be Felicity lite since Oliver didn't know her 5 years ago in the flashbacks and in present day he's on Lian Yu with Slade, Malcolm and Thea.  I wonder if Slade will say something about Felicity stabbing him with the cure but I'm not going to get my hopes up.

I really hope that Felicity convincing Ray to get some rest in 3x15 doesn't end with her in his bed too.  Really, really hope.

I don't think Felicity starting a relationship with Ray would count as a game-changer on an action superhero show.  Not important enough, it's not something like Arrow agreeing to work with Atom or figuring out they were wrong about Merlyn.

Why would he even say it like that?  It worries me.

Edited by statsgirl

I wondered whether the game changer is giving Ray powers. Didn't he say some people might think they have jumped the shark. If Ray could shrink himself I'd definitely think that would change the nature of the show. I don't know if Felicity sleeping with Ray is a so very important. I mean it might be important to the fans but it might not change the show for everyone watching. It will however dampen my enjoyment of the show immensely. I just don't want them to hook up. I just don't. I know it is childish but I just don't like them together even though I probably should.

But who knows what will happen. Isn't 3x18 yet another game changer? The game changes every 3 episodes. So whatever happens might not change that many things. 

I am looking forward to Felicity and Maseo interacting. Wonder what that could be about. Because of the picture I assume they are filming together and both seemed to be alive and well. 

• Love 1

I think Felicity interacting with Maseo can only be a positive thing for Oliver. Maybe he is the one who makes Felicity see Oliver's way of thinking? IDK Something has to change for Felicity in order for her to actually want to be a woman Oliver loves, Maseo could be a start. But ultimately, I think it'll have to be Oliver who'll have to convince Felicity that they should be together. 

Regardless, I'm excited to see Felicity interact with someone other than TA and Ray for once.

I dunno what I'm talking about tbqh. Word vomit most likely. 

• Love 1

So Emily Kinney is definitely Felicity's nemesis on The Flash and they apparently 'engage in a hacker battle for The Flash's life.' 

I DEMAND THEY GIVE FELICITY A NEMESIS ON ARROW. WHAT IS THIS NONSENSE! 

Also if I hear the words 'game changer' again… Someone buy MG a thesaurus or something.

Edited by Guest

It's probably wrong of me to feel relieved to hear that Ray isn't in the next two episodes, but there we are. Partly since I think it makes a Felicity/Ray hookup a little less likely - though it could still happen in the Nanda Parbat episode with the suit reveal, especially since that's a February sweeps episode. Or May, though that would seem to create some logistical issues, mostly because it's not at all clear what Ray is going to be doing next season. 

Regarding Felicity's nemesis popping up on Flash - I see the campaign to get all of us to watch both shows continues!

• Love 2

So Emily Kinney is definitely Felicity's nemesis on The Flash and they apparently 'engage in a hacker battle for The Flash's life.'

Omg that's so exciting. Probably remind Felicity of her MIT days. Like Hardison and that other dude on Leverage.

It's so fun how anything remotely Felicity centred happens on The Flash.

Edited by Limbo
  • Love 1

The one thing I'm absolutely positive of with this show is that the season will end with Felicity not being with Ray. If for no other reason than the 3.5 comics that will probably come out next year.  With the amount of time MG spends waving the Olicity and Team Arrow flags andd how LL is hardly ever in those comics, MG must have data that those factors increase purchases.  Leads me to believe we'll end the season with, "Yes lets be together!" followed by Baby Mama interruption or Felicity and Oliver back to yearning looks and the slow build starts over.

Although a very perverse part of me would love to watch MG try to rally sales by telling people to pick up an issue to watch Felicity and Ray date and than look at sales for those issues.

I don't think Felicity starting a relationship with Ray would count as a game-changer on an action superhero show.  Not important enough, it's not something like Arrow agreeing to work with Atom or figuring out they were wrong about Merlyn.

I'm almost positive that the game changer will be meta humans or powers on Arrow and I'm really going to be annoyed.

• Love 4

I think Felicity interacting with Maseo can only be a positive thing for Oliver. Maybe he is the one who makes Felicity see Oliver's way of thinking? IDK Something has to change for Felicity in order for her to actually want to be a woman Oliver loves, Maseo could be a start. But ultimately, I think it'll have to be Oliver who'll have to convince Felicity that they should be together.

As long as Felicity believes Oliver has no principles or moral code (i.e. he's working with Malcolm Merlyn), no one talking to her is going to convince her to want to be a woman Oliver loves unless she throws her out the window too. It's going to be up to Oliver to convince her that yes, he really is the man she thought he was.

If Starling City is supposed to be Seattle Washington, which is rainy & grey a lot. I can see Central City as being somewhere in California. Chicago would make sense by their name, but not by the weather they show on the TV.  So in my head, I always assumed The Flash takes place in Mid-California.

As for Ray - 313 he'll be in the lab; 314 not sure we'll even see a lot of Starling City present day, so no sense in paying him to be on that episode. 315 does make sense for him to return screen with a suit. 316 Arrow & Atom have some tension 317 Dyla wedding 318 repercussion of whatever happens in CC.

I think they'll take a tell rather than show policy with any Ray/Felicity romantic relationship. So they don't need to eat screen time, it'll just be whatever they say it will be.

Im wondering if we'll see no Oliver/Felicity romantic reunion this season, but rather they'll hold off until S4. Not what I would prefer, but I want it to be organic & that might be the only way to do it, if they opt for a R/F romantic entanglement.

I would sorta like to see some big cliffhanger again this season & not have it tied up in a bow as they did with S2. Its gonna be brutal to sit through a big cliffhanger, but after killing Oliver in winter finale, they have some big shoes to fill.

LOL there are quite a few Flash fans annoyed that Felicity is getting her own villain on The Flash 

To be honest, I understand where they're coming from, hell, I'm pissed that she actually gets her own arc on the Flash but can't have one on the show she's actually a regular in. It makes no sense why FELICITY of all people would be getting her own villain on The Flash when she should be getting her own villain on Arrow. So unless this villain somehow ties into Barry and his development, I see no sense in having her have a villain on that show. But I clearly think this episode will be one where Felicity gets in trouble and Ray and Barry will have to work together to 'save' her or whatever. Clearly it's an episode propping up Ray. Since that wasn't really working in Arrow, the writers probably thought the reception to Ray would be better on the Flash (which has more viewers). 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 8

I'm almost positive that the game changer will be meta humans or powers on Arrow and I'm really going to be annoyed.

I wonder if 18 will feature their version of the particle accelerator and that's the "blow up" that SA talked about this weekend. Or, could just be a bomb. Or maybe Ray does shrink (please no). I hope it's just an actual explosion - no thanks to the metahumans, etc. over in Starling.

• Love 1

Yeah, I get why The Flash fans are pissed too. I'm irked for the mere fact that in order for Felicity to have any real storyline that doesn't involve propping up superheroes it has to be done on that show because there are too many characters and storylines crowding her out on Arrow.

Edited by NumberCruncher
  • Love 5

Yeah, I get why The Flash fans are pissed too. I'm irked for the mere fact that in order for Felicity to have any real storyline that doesn't involved propping up superheroes it has to be done on that show because there are too many characters and storylines crowding her out on Arrow.

No I think it's clear that episode 18 will be full of Ray propping. Thus the line "He's like Barry but in Oliver's body"

• Love 1

She's definitely the best actress on the show with Willa very close behind

There are really not that many primary actresses left on this show if you think about it... EBR, Willa, Katie, and possibly Tatsu.   That's about it.

• Love 1

Man, I really dislike Emily Kinney..Bleh

Aww I think she's a sweetheart and I liked Beth....Runs away....

There are really not that many primary actresses left on this show if you think about it... EBR, Willa, Katie, and possibly Tatsu.   That's about it.

So true it's fucking sad. And they need to give Felicity her Nemesis on ARROW not The Flash

• Love 1

First of all... I totally called that the nemesis will be Felicity's and it will be the one from the comics. Except i can't find that comment and I'm too lazy to go look for it. i did ask MG but he never answered that question.

Second of all: I'm gonna go off to the side and be totally pissed off. So EK is the one in charge is flash? Does he have a tumblr too? Cause I'm gonna blast his "ask me" box with my pissed off comment. Not fair!!

Edited by foreverevolving