Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I'm still hoping that Oliver teams up with Ra's to get rid of Malcolm. It's weird because Ra's is a killer in his own right and clearly held no love for Sara, but Malcolm seems far worse to me. And in 309 I got the feeling that Ra's didn't really want to kill Oliver but felt he had to because he challenged him to a duel and so he adhered to the LoA code.

Plus everything that's happened this season is Malcolm's fault. Ra's didn't suddenly decide to go after Oliver because he felt like it. Malcolm orchestrated all these little things that put Oliver is Ra's' path. IMO Malcolm needs to be destroyed, not redeemed. That's why even thinking of teaming up with him or protecting him is baffling to me and so frustrating to watch.

As for Ray and his suit - they just haven't written his story correctly. There's all the weird stalker vibes with Felicity, which doesn't help, and then they go and kill off another woman to propel his heroic journey, as well as forcing him to only ever have scenes with Felicity which in turn has removed any chance of her own storyline this season. And all this is going on at the same time that Oliver is facing off against Ra's and Laurel is trying to become BC. There's just too much going on to even attempt to do his story any justice. Not to mention I look at that suit and I just think it doesn't fit on Arrow. There's no place for it and it shows.

Edited by Guest

MG is answering questions on tumblr. Someone asked if the Felicity that breaks the internet will make us happy or if it will be more angst, and he said we'll grin so wide that we'll think our face will break. I know he's usually terrible about what fans reactions will be, but I don't think even he thinks that would be the reaction if Ray/Felicity hooked up. I'm guessing Felicity/Oliver meet or run into each other in the flashbacks and that's what it is. Someone also asked if there were any Olicity scenes to look forward too after 312 and he said he thinks they'll like 314.

Someone also asked him if in 3x18, Felicity is in the hospital for an injury, and he said yes, but said he didn't say whose injury it was. And then someone asked if Mama Smoak is physically present in Starling and he said yes, she's physically present. This whole thing is confusing. If Felicity was hurt, I would think Donna would run into Oliver or someone at the hospital, and if Donna was hurt, I would think Felicity would be in Vegas visiting her. Maybe Mama Smoak gets badly hurt and Felicity has her transferred to the hospital in Starling?

Edited by Jessie2009

Lol, I am totally ignoring everything MG says. He has no clue about his own audience. None. I'd rather judge for myself. I do wonder if Felicity inadvertently helps Oliver in the flashbacks, although they both don't realize it in the present day. 

As for 318, it's very likely that Felicity is injured because I understand that she gets into some kind of trouble with the villain over on The Flash episode 118. That's a bit of coincidence otherwise. And I can't see Donna turning up for no reason or being lured to Starling again but she would turn up if Felicity was badly hurt.

Edited by Guest

So Mama Smoak might just happen to be away fetching coffee part of the time, say like when anyone else visits?  Maybe we'd get a line like "I just saw your mom in the hall, she's going down to the cafeteria."   

Of course I can't help right now be anything but pessimistic and on that note, did we find out for certain that Donna doesn't interact with ANYONE or just no one on Team Arrow?  Is if possible Ray will be the only one that shows up to visit?  Felicity wouldn't/couldn't keep it a secret, could she?  Like if it happened while helping Ray.

I wonder if Oliver and Co will know about Ray or if Felicity will be juggling two "teams".  It seems like a terrible idea...so it's at least possible. 

Someone asked if the Felicity that breaks the internet will make us happy or if it will be more angst, and he said we'll grin so wide that we'll think our face will break. I

So on the Guggenheim scale that equals a lack of desire to throw things at the TV?  It's better news than I was hoping for though I still suspect that unwelcome lunge might be happening.  Probably in the same episode so just when we let our guards down, WHAM!  And then the Trollheim sits in the corner laughing. 

Soooo pessimistic right now.  It's how I'm coping.  That and rereading old romance novels that I remember being perfectly angst free.  Thank you Amanda Quick. 

• Love 2

Probably Roy and Thea or whatever. OH WHAT I WOULD GIVE FOR IT TO BE MAMA SMOAK AND QUENTIN. or Ya know. Oliver and Felicity. But right now I think I need mama smoak and Quentin more

I think Guggenheim said they hadn`t discussed the Mama Smoak/Quentin relationship but that would actually be hilarious. However I am beginning to doubt if Quentin lives that long lol.

"I had this really good scene coming up where I’m on my knees in front of Ra’s Al Ghul. End of the episode. Cool Scene. Really Cool Scene."

-Stephen Amell Q&A session with Robbie Amell, Mae Whitman, and Italia Ricci

Parallels to 3.10 and it will probably be traumatic for Oliver like he thinks he is going to be killed skewered by Ra's again and instead Ra's make him "The Offer"

• Love 1

So, I woke up thinking about this stupid show this morning and had this rather random thought about tonight's episode and the ever-puzzling "a woman you love" line.

What if Felicity says it to Merlin?  Not, of course, because he loves her.  But he's there, in the lair, pressing his case for Team Arrow to accept his help getting Brick (or to allow him to help, however he phrases it) and he's going on about how everything he's done with Thea is because of how much he loves her. and how all the evil he's done (joining the LOA, the Undertaking, etc) is because of losing his wife and how much he loved her, blah, blah, blah, crazycakes.  And Felicity busts out, either to herself or to his face, "I don't want to be a woman you love."  Emphasis on the "you", sarcastically.  Thoughts? I know it's out there, but so is this show, so....

• Love 8

So, I woke up thinking about this stupid show this morning and had this rather random thought about tonight's episode and the ever-puzzling "a woman you love" line.

What if Felicity says it to Merlin?  Not, of course, because he loves her.  But he's there, in the lair, pressing his case for Team Arrow to accept his help getting Brick (or to allow him to help, however he phrases it) and he's going on about how everything he's done with Thea is because of how much he loves her. and how all the evil he's done (joining the LOA, the Undertaking, etc) is because of losing his wife and how much he loved her, blah, blah, blah, crazycakes.  And Felicity busts out, either to herself or to his face, "I don't want to be a woman you love."  Emphasis on the "you", sarcastically.  Thoughts? I know it's out there, but so is this show, so....

I will now be hoping for you version!

• Love 2

I think if that was the case, she'd say "I woudn't want to be a woman you love," but the line is terrible anyway, so who knows?

I get the feeling from MG's Tumblr though that idiotic line is part of the "heartbreaking" scene that's going to make home want to get off of Twitter for a while. I'll hope for your version though, JenMD!

MG is answering questions on tumblr. Someone asked if the Felicity that breaks the internet will make us happy or if it will be more angst, and he said we'll grin so wide that we'll think our face will break. I know he's usually terrible about what fans reactions will be, but I don't think even he thinks that would be the reaction if Ray/Felicity hooked up. I'm guessing Felicity/Oliver meet or run into each other in the flashbacks and that's what it is. Someone also asked if there were any Olicity scenes to look forward too after 312 and he said he thinks they'll like 314.

IIRC, we are also supposed to find out whether or not Slade thinks Felicity was just used as a ruse in 2.23.  There could be some sort of flashback to that scene which would spell out clearly to the audience that it wasn't a ruse. 

Thinking about Mama Smoak, I wonder how much she is in the episode? It would be weird for Mama Smoak not to see anyone else in the hospital if Felicity was injury, but what if she only comes in at the end of the episode. At that point, the team could leave to fight whatever. And if its her mother in the hospital, I hate the idea that she would be so sick/hurt for Felicity to bring her to Starling, but no one would come to the hospital to be with Felicity.

But why bring her back and only have her interact with Felicity when her other interactions were so popular. I'm more interested in Donna Smoak than I am Malcolm and Ra's at point. Lol

With all the talk of Felicity and hints of Olicity in 3x14, I think are for sure getting flashback Felicity. I don't think they would flashback to two different times (2x23 and Starling), so I think we are going to see Felicity in Starling. I just hope its subtle. Does anyone get the impression that the 'break the internet' Felicity moment and Olicity stuff could be separate? I would think they would be tied together, but who knows. I want someone to ask for a list of Ray episodes to see when we lunge. I have this idea that Felicity and Ray are over romantically in 3x18 or by 3x19 (the wedding in 3x17, her Mom in 3x18 - all big realization events). I'm not really expecting Ray and Felicity to get together until 3x15. Getting together in 3x13 would look HORRIBLE, 3x14 is so flashback heavy with enough guest stars I don't think BR would be on the list. That leaves 3x15. So that would only be a relationship of a few episodes. Whats the point?

• Love 1

Thinking about Mama Smoak, I wonder how much she is in the episode? It would be weird for Mama Smoak not to see anyone else in the hospital if Felicity was injury, but what if she only comes in at the end of the episode. At that point, the team could leave to fight whatever. And if its her mother in the hospital, I hate the idea that she would be so sick/hurt for Felicity to bring her to Starling, but no one would come to the hospital to be with Felicity.

But why bring her back and only have her interact with Felicity when her other interactions were so popular. I'm more interested in Donna Smoak than I am Malcolm and Ra's at point. Lol

Didn't MG post on his Tumblr that someone jokes about hospital sex? If that's the case, I'd guess that Felicity's hurt and drugged up, or that Mama Smoak is drugged up and jokes about that with Felicity. If there's joking like that, then it can't be TOO bad (or at least must end on a slightly positive note). And didn't MG or someone say that MS notices a connection between Felicity and Oliver? I can't remember if that's from TSOoFS or if it was a comment on MG's Tumblr. Maybe MS comes toward the end of the ep?

I can't remember MG's comment about the interactions-Didn't the person asking mention wanting to see Mama Smoak around Thea? Is it possible that MG misread the question, and MS won't be interacting with people she hasn't previously interacted with? I get the feeling his response shut down ALL interactions, but I cant remember.

Edited by apinknightmare

So, that producers preview is the first thing I have seen in a long, long while that actually makes me want to tune in.

Re Donna, believe someone asked mg if she would interact w the rest of the cast. The way mg answered the question made me think it might be momma smoak who is in the hospital....maybe someone uses her to get at felicity?

So, that producers preview is the first thing I have seen in a long, long while that actually makes me want to tune in.

Re Donna, believe someone asked mg if she would interact w the rest of the cast. The way mg answered the question made me think it might be momma smoak who is in the hospital....maybe someone uses her to get at felicity?

Maybe. It's just weird that her mom would already be in SC. Maybe the villain in that week's Flash ep IS Felicity's nemesis from the comics? But then, she'd kind of have to also show up in SC for a bit for an attack on MS to make sense, but I guess it doesn't necessarily have to make sense, haha. But then if the Flash villain crosses over onto Arrow, then why would MS be in SC while Felicity's in CC, assuming that one ep leads right into the other.

I think if that was the case, she'd say "I woudn't want to be a woman you love," but the line is terrible anyway, so who knows?

I was waffling on whether or not the tense would work.  I suppose it would depend on what specifically she's replying to.  But yeah, the line is weird.  And trying to think like the writers hurts my brain.   I just really, really want this ep over with at this point.  Not sure that's the attitude MG is looking to foster with all his teases and such.

• Love 1

Arrow is still super behind timewise from Flash, isn't it? What if 315 - 316 is when they time jump on Arrow? There's a 2 week hiatus between the two episodes, maybe they come back with "2 months later" or something, to get the shows back in alignment. Then Felicity and Crazy Eyes can hook up in 315 and WE DO NOT HAVE TO SEE THEIR RELATIONSHIP DEVELOP, WOO!

• Love 1

Would Felicity make that remark about Ray in The Flash (Barry's mind/Oliver's body) if she were involved with him romantically? Just seems odd to me. Especially with the "Did I say that out loud" tacked on.

• Love 2

What if 315 - 316 is when they time jump on Arrow? There's a 2 week hiatus between the two episodes

Little curiosity: Are the hiatus weeks listed ahead somewhere, or are they announced shortly before?

Edited by looptab

Would Felicity make that remark about Ray in The Flash (Barry's mind/Oliver's body) if she were involved with him romantically? Just seems odd to me. Especially with the "Did I say that out loud" tacked on.

That…is a really good point. 

What an odd thing to say about a guy you would be dating, or even thinking about dating.

Perhaps I'm being naive but I'm not actually convinced Felicity will date Ray. Her choice might just depend on opportunities, not facts because she's not dated Oliver. I think what throws me off is Ray being her + 1 at the wedding. But here's to hoping.

Tbf she could say that line on The Flash when Ray isn't around. To Caitlyn or something. She doesn't think before speaking, so this realisation may have come to her sometime and it slips out.

Edited by Limbo

That…is a really good point.

What an odd thing to say about a guy you would be dating, or even thinking about dating.

It is. Maybe that's why she might seem a bit mortified that she said it out loud? AK said that Felicity's dilemma the back half of the season will be whether she should be with Oliver or Ray (must be nice to not have more pressing, non-love interest dilemmas, amirite?!), so maybe she isn't ever fully committed to Ray in an actual relationship, but just kind of dates him a bit?

• Love 1

Little curiosity: Are the hiatus weeks listed ahead somewhere, or are they announced shortly before?

Technically there are only confirmed dates until 314. But it's most likely they'll air 315 within February Sweeps still, then take a 2 week break. It's what the CW usually does.

• Love 1

It is. Maybe that's why she might seem a bit mortified that she said it out loud? AK said that Felicity's dilemma the back half of the season will be whether she should be with Oliver or Ray (must be nice to not have more pressing, non-love interest dilemmas, amirite?!), so maybe she isn't ever fully committed to Ray in an actual relationship, but just kind of dates him a bit?

The talk from the EPs make it sound like a love interest choice. But I wish the writers would make it about her life. What kind of life she wants to live and so what. The big problem with that being Ray is too Oliver lite to offer a different life.

• Love 2

The talk from the EPs make it sound like a love interest choice. But I wish the writers would make it about her life. What kind of life she wants to live and so what. The big problem with that being Ray is too Oliver lite to offer a different life.

Yeah, this arc would be much more interesting if Ray was just some genius CEO who could take her out to dinner where the restaurant wouldn't blow up, where she'd be choosing between two different kinds of lives. And also if Ray's pursual of her wasn't problematic as hell, but whatever, show!

• Love 2
Maybe. It's just weird that her mom would already be in SC. Maybe the villain in that week's Flash ep IS Felicity's nemesis from the comics? But then, she'd kind of have to also show up in SC for a bit for an attack on MS to make sense, but I guess it doesn't necessarily have to make sense, haha. But then if the Flash villain crosses over onto Arrow, then why would MS be in SC while Felicity's in CC, assuming that one ep leads right into the other.

Apparently it's The Bug Eyed Bandit  who is an ATOM villain not Felicity's nemesis from the comics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bug-Eyed_Bandit

Perhaps I'm being naive but I'm not actually convinced Felicity will date Ray. Her choice might just depend on opportunities, not facts because she's not dated Oliver. I think what throws me off is Ray being her + 1 at the wedding. But here's to hoping.

Tbf she could say that line on The Flash when Ray isn't around. To Caitlyn or something. She doesn't think before speaking, so this realisation may have come to her sometime and it slips out.

Caitlin is the most likely one she would say that to, although I guess it could be Iris. Perhaps even in response to something one of them says. He might be in the scene but not if that makes any sense. It just strikes me as something you wouldn't say if you were actually involved with someone even if you have no real filter. I won't be surprised if she spends a lot of time with Ray but I have trouble seeing it as a committed personal relationship. But this show...

• Love 1

AK said that Felicity's dilemma the back half of the season will be whether she should be with Oliver or Ray (must be nice to not have more pressing, non-love interest dilemmas, amirite?!), so maybe she isn't ever fully committed to Ray in an actual relationship, but just kind of dates him a bit?

I laughed, and then I cried. Ugh. But anyway, I feel about 70% sure that Felicity will date Ray, and that she will be split 50/50 in her Vigilante Support duties between TA and Ray. Then I expect the end of season to be that Ray is going to expand his PT operations in Central City, and wants Felicity to go with him. So I'm hoping her final choice will be going to CC with Ray and the Flash mob, or staying in SC (this decision will have ZERO narrative weight btw because we all know the answer in advance). It sounds like Oliver and Ray are sharing scenes in future episodes, and I have to imagine some of that is related to business? I hope? So maybe they'll be friendly by the end and Ray will ask Oliver to take over or run the SC operation.

Anyway, yeah, it would be cool if the EPs would talk about Felicity as though she were more than a love interest, and that she has bigger concerns than that. It's pretty revealing when it comes to her story this season. Everything has tied back to her love life, with the exception of Mama Smoak. But she's a big exception, so it makes up for a lot.

Edited by Carrie Ann

Apparently it's The Bug Eyed Bandit who is an ATOM villain not Felicity's nemesis from the comics.

Did we find out who Felicity's nemesis actually is though? How do we know that's not her (since we never got a name or saw her face)?

Apparently it's The Bug Eyed Bandit who is an ATOM villain not Felicity's nemesis from the comics.

Did we find out who Felicity's nemesis actually is though? How do we know that's not her (since we never got a name or saw her face)?

(edited)

The Bug-Eyed Bandit is male and Felicity's nemesis is female. It's unlikely that the show would change genders on their DC Characters.  Is it possible that Felicity's nemesis is in cahoots with The Bug Eyed Villain, I suppose so but I would have thought AJK would have mentioned something from the Flash 0 comics showing up in the Show.

It strikes me as something you'd have a character say if you were desperately trying to pull off a spinoff.

Sort of like having an ATOM villain show up on The Flash in an episode that features ATOM and the ATOM suit along with Felicity going to The Flash?  Hmmm???  LOL

Edited by Morrigan2575

The Bug-Eyed Bandit is male and Felicity's nemesis is female. It's unlikely that the show would change genders on their DC Characters.

The description of the villain that was released for that episode implies that it's a woman ("bee-u-tiful tech wizard with big glasses and red lipstick"), not a man.

Edited by apinknightmare

IF they do have Ray shrink it may not be intentional. He seems to have built the ATOM suit (it is an acronym for something isn't it?) as armor, perhaps powered by the dwarf star material. Maybe after he turns it on there is a power surge and he seems to vanish, only for it to turn out he just got really tiny.

Since I'm speculating the Lazarus Pit, despite the name, might not actually bring the dead back to life here. They already have restorative and mind control herbs so a chemical bath which allows for healing and/or age suppression isn't THAT hard to believe. Ra's may use it to keep himself in fighting shape but won't let anyone else near it. If it could bring the dead back to life I can pretty much guarantee you Nyssa would be begging her father to let her use it on Sara, and even if he said no she'd probably go behind his back to try it anyway.

I really do think the EP's are doing a redemption arc for Malcolm, which is ridiculous on a variety of levels.

And nothing else will compare to Mass Effect. Homage/rip off Batman all you want but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard.

(edited)

The description of the villain that was released for that episode implies that it's a woman ("bee-u-tiful tech wizard with big glasses and red lipstick"), not a man.

Per AJK in Entertainment Weekly

Why are Arrow’s Ray Palmer (Brandon Routh) and Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) coming to Central City?

Ray needs a little help with his suit, and who better than Felicity’s high tech guys at S.T.A.R. labs? It happens to come at a particularly bad moment for Barry. That’s partially why we did it. The first episode with Felicity, she really came along at a time where her experience in being part of a crime fighting team definitely helped Barry overcome what he was facing that week. Similarly, when she comes, he’s having a crisis of conscience that, in some ways, only someone like she can help him through. He finds a best friend in Cisco. There’s even a line in the script where Felicity says, “Ray is like Barry in Oliver’s body,” and then went, “Oh God, did I say that out loud?” Even though he looks like Brandon Routh, he’s just a big tech geek at heart, so he and Cisco quickly bond. It’s just a fun episode. We have the Bug-Eyed Bandit, who is a big Atom villain, is going to be the villain in it.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/01/27/the-flash-spoilers-reverse-flash-firestorm

Edited by Morrigan2575

IF they do have Ray shrink it may not be intentional. He seems to have built the ATOM suit (it is an acronym for something isn't it?) as armor, perhaps powered by the dwarf star material. Maybe after he turns it on there is a power surge and he seems to vanish, only for it to turn out he just got really tiny.

Since I'm speculating the Lazarus Pit, despite the name, might not actually bring the dead back to life here. They already have restorative and mind control herbs so a chemical bath which allows for healing and/or age suppression isn't THAT hard to believe. Ra's may use it to keep himself in fighting shape but won't let anyone else near it. If it could bring the dead back to life I can pretty much guarantee you Nyssa would be begging her father to let her use it on Sara, and even if he said no she'd probably go behind his back to try it anyway.

I really do think the EP's are doing a redemption arc for Malcolm, which is ridiculous on a variety of levels.

And nothing else will compare to Mass Effect. Homage/rip off Batman all you want but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard.

Magic herbs, mind control herbs, superpowers. I agree the Larazus Pit is not that far off from those. Personally, I think the Pit is more trouble then its worth. Malcolm seems to know everything, why wouldn't he attempt to use it on Tommy? Like you said, Nyssa for Sara?

I wouldn't be surprised if they did a wink wink nudge nudge to the Pit, but don't actually go there.

A redemption arc for Malcolm is so ridiculous. There are some sins you can't come back from.

(edited)

I don't doubt you about the villain, all I'm saying is they described it as being a woman, unless he is beautiful and wears red lipstick.

Or they scrapped the plans for a female villain and went with a male villain?  Or the female villain is working with the male villain?  Or whomever reported it first got it wrong?

TVLine's spoiler scoop, however, turned out to be incorrect, as Kreisberg revealed during the Q&A with reporters on Jan. 26 that the episode's rogue is actually going to be the Bug-Eyed Bandit, a male super-villain and enemy to The Atom in the comics.

http://www.designntrend.com/articles/38259/20150204/the-flash-season-3-spoilers-brandon-routh-ray-palmer-atom-suit-episode-18-all-star-team-up.htm

Edited by Morrigan2575

Or they scrapped the plans for a female villain and went with a male villain? Or the female villain is working with the male villain? Or whomever reported it first got it wrong?

I wasn't trying to argue with you, just addressing your comment about the sex since what I had read (which I now know was wrong) implied it was a woman, jeez.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1

I had actually missed that the villain had changed for the crossover episode myself. I still thought it was going to be what TVLine said.

I wonder if they're trying to make that episode a backdoor pilot for a ATOM spinoff.

Regarding Oliver having now to defer to others on the team - maybe it'll be like TWD where RIck gave up his Ricktocracy to defer to committee rule at the prison, but later when things went to sh*t, RIck became the sole leader of the group again?

I don't understand how the EPs can't come up with good storylines for the original Team Arrow trio past one year and have to introduce all these new characters to fill up their episodes, when other shows like Supernatural have managed to last 10 years with stories revolving around just two main characters.

CORRECTION:  It was a Ricktatorship (not a Ricktocracy).

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

I wasn't trying to argue with you, just addressing your comment about the sex since what I had read (which I now know was wrong) implied it was a woman, jeez.

i wasn't arguing with you either, i was providing you with the latest information

• Love 1