Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

An episode without Oliver is one thing. It can be interesting to see the other characters deal with the loss of the main character, dealing with things that were usually so easy. And that kind of episode is usually designed to give one or more characters a chance to shine in a way they don't normally get. Laurel in particular could conceivably benefit from such exposure. But three episodes without your title character? All for, presumably, bolstering a character who seems to be disliked by a fair percentage of the audience? That makes no sense to me.

• Love 8

I'm looking forward to Cupid more than I was expecting to, and I appreciate that the actress has done some homework into the character's comic history (AK gave her some source material as well) and how things will be on the show.  I haven't seen her in anything else but the clips look encouraging.

• Love 1

Hmm. Interesting. Amy Gumenick (Cupid) actually auditioned for the role of Laurel Lance. I've never seen her in anything, but something tells me that she would have been an improvement.

I didn't know that. I wonder why they went with KC over her? What could have been....:(

• Love 5

Regarding that new spoiler clip: it's everything I was hoping it wouldn't be.

He bought her a dress specifically to lure her into going to dinner with him. She falls for it, because it's couture. Yuck. FELICITY NO.

Yep, it's actually worse than I feared. Because he bought it in order to get her to go with him, which is wrong on at least three levels, and because she said yes just because she likes the dress??? Are you kidding me?

Just a bad news day for Arrow, all around.

• Love 4

Told ya. Ray is a creep. I know he's not meant to be a bad guy but writing him like this is doing him (and Felicity) no favors. 

He bought her a dress specifically to lure her into going to dinner with him. She falls for it, because it's couture. Yuck. FELICITY NO.

I am with you, @apinknightmare! When I watched this sneak peak I thought: WTF??? Do I even know this blond woman talking to "Fifty Shades"? This can't possibly be my Felicity! I think, it is totally OOC for her to be so superficial! Having the possibility to wear a certain dress convinces her to go out on a date with THIS GUY WHOM SHE CALLED A STALKER (and rightly so)? Sorry, I try to calm down again. But really, this scene spoiled the episode for me (and in a really bad way)! Besides, I didn't like the background music nor the acting (and I normally adore EBR). It all seemed like a scene out of some kind of cheap comedy... What's going on there? O.K. I stop ranting... Sorry... Edited by Kordi
  • Love 4

Really? That doesn't sound like Felicity at all. If he bought her a brand, spanking new, top of the range laptop? Yeah, she'd go gooey. But over the computer more than him. A dress? Nope. Not the character I got to know over the first two seasons of this show. But it's been said already. This year they're writing plots, not characters. Not good plots, by all accounts, but plots.

• Love 3

It's like they have a checklist of how not to do things. A checklist of suck.

I was willing to overlook the dress thing if Felicity called him out on it but she practically goes weak at the knees over the dress because it's couture. This is awful. I am suddenly filled with even more dread for the rest of the season. 

Really? That doesn't sound like Felicity at all. If he bought her a brand, spanking new, top of the range laptop? Yeah, she'd go gooey. But over the computer more than him. A dress? Nope. Not the character I got to know over the first two seasons of this show. But it's been said already. This year they're writing plots, not characters. Not good plots, by all accounts, but plots.

They've written to plot for a while now, but yeah, it's really evident this season. And it's never made me side-eye Felicity like I am right now. She's my favorite, and I'm so, so sad.

• Love 9

You know I didn't have a problem with the 'work' date aspect, but its the dress and her reaction to it that I just don't understand. Why is she not going WTF?? Is she going to swoon at the necklace too? Please tell me this is leading to her walking out of the date..

• Love 4

Because it's difficult for me to let go, and I just want to believe in something good, could it be possible that this behavior shows up in the stalker episode for a reason? Is it too much to hope for her to call him out on this at some point during the night?! I KNOW, I KNOW

• Love 2

No, this is a lost cause, sadly. And it legit worries me when I see reactions on tumblr of 'SWOON! He bought her a couture dress omg! SWOON!' There are so many problems with that clip and Felicity acting OOC is only the start. I despair! 50 Shades has a lot to answer for. FML.

Edited by Guest

You know I didn't have a problem with the 'work' date aspect, but its the dress and her reaction to it that I just don't understand. Why is she not going WTF?? Is she going to swoon at the necklace too? Please tell me this is leading to her walking out of the date..

Yup. I was fine with her reactions to everything, up to and including the super disgusting "yes, I have hundreds of other employees I could be asking out" -- she made a face at that -- but then the shiny expensive dress comes out, and what? Felicity's brain shuts down? Because even genius level women can't resist couture? What the shit, show?

Edited by dancingnancy
  • Love 7

It came off far better than you guys are making it out to be.

First of all we have a swooning, unable to handle half naked men Felicity talking to Ray with (very) wide eyes. Then we have Ray buying Felicity a dress for the work appointment he has. Then we have Felicity swooning over a dress.

...I mean there's absolutely nothing wrong with this. In fact there's so little wrong it made me do two things: doubt Felicity's feelings for Mr Queen and made me think I need to skip this episode because I will die from pain.

...nothing wrong at all.

• Love 8

Yup. I was fine with her reactions to everything, up to and including the super disgusting "yes, I have hundreds of other employees I could be asking out" -- she made a face at that -- but then the shiny expensive dress comes out, and what? Felicity's brain shuts down? Because even genius level women can't resist couture? What the shit, show?

He should've given her a Cryblork 5000 or whatever stupid tech-of-the-moment this show would've come up with. It would've been creepy and wrong, yes, but at least I'd buy her going weak-in-the-knees and agreeing to go to dinner with him over that. A dress? Naw, son.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 3

I know this is an episode where we're worried about Oliver's stalker but I'm more concerned with Felicity's stalker. When she's at the foundry, does Ray go into her house and check her clothes size so he can buy her that dress? I wouldn't be surprised.

This is like my worst nightmare. 

No, this is a lost cause, sadly. And it legit worries me when I see reactions on tumblr of 'SWOON! He bought her a couture dress omg! SWOON!' There are so many problems with that clip and Felicity acting OOC is only the start. I despair! 50 Shades has a lot to answer for. FML.

That's tumblr. It's full of tween girls who probably do think 50 Shades of Grey is the epitome of romance, and bribing employees with inappropriate gifts is an acceptable way for a man to behave. They'd probably still think that when 50 Shades is telling Felicity, 'no, you do want to sleep with me', as he quietly slips something into her drink.

I guess these writers either think that shit is romantic, or just think that all the fans of the show who value romance over action will think it's romantic. But hey, it's just another thing for them to be completely tone deaf about.

• Love 3

Anyone else think Felicity was off from the first moment though? That was a over done reaction just to the salmon ladder. Ugh

You know if it wasn't for the EPs making such a big deal about the 'option' of Ray, I would never for a moment think this was a setup for romance. If a guy told me he could have asked a hundred girls, but bought ths dress for me. I would roll my eyes so hard and walk out. Seriously, he was 'choosing her'. What an honor

• Love 3

ANYONE ELSE THINK FELICITY WAS OFF FROM THE FIRST MOMENT THOUGH?

You know if it wasn't for the EPs making such a big deal about the 'option' of Ray, I would never for a moment think this was a setup for romance. If a guy told me he could have asked a hundred girls, but bought ths dress for me. I would roll my eyes so hard and walk out. Seriously, he was 'choosing her'. What an honor

The bold is exactly what I thought. The moment the clip started I was side eyeing Felicity like "huh?". Felicity's reaction about Ray mentioning a hundred girls also made me go eh???

Edited by Limbo

Anyone else think Felicity was off from the first moment though? That was a over done reaction just to the salmon ladder. Ugh

You know if it wasn't for the EPs making such a big deal about the 'option' of Ray, I would never for a moment think this was a setup for romance. If a guy told me he could have asked a hundred girls, but bought ths dress for me. I would roll my eyes so hard and walk out. Seriously, he was 'choosing her'. What an honor

Honestly, I didn't think there was anything off about her except for her agreeing to go to dinner with him after he gave her a shiny new dress. I didn't find her reaction to him to be OOC apart from that.

I think Ray is just supposed to be a comedic character and not examined like he's a legitimate love interest who should be evaluated based upon whether or not I want him to marry Felicity. Thus, nothing about him bothers me.

The scene is very cute. I wish the dress was actually something amazing, but Felicity loves clothes, and I can buy her being very excited to have a couture gown, which she has never had before, obviously. It's nice to see her excited and happy.

Many, many times she attended work festivities as Oliver's EA. Until she gets there and sees some other indications, this isn't going to seem much different to her.

• Love 2

I think the reason I was side eyeing her from the beginning is because all I could think was really? You're falling for this crap? From RAY?? My preconditioned opinion of him informed my reaction, thus the "huh?"

• Love 2

Told ya. Ray is a creep. I know he's not meant to be a bad guy but writing him like this is doing him (and Felicity) no favors. 

Exactly.  I don't dislike Ray.  But I do dislike the way Felicity seems to be around him.

• Love 2

I kinda wish they were writing Ray as the womanizer playboy billionaire who would buy Felicity a dress just to get in her pants. That I would have fun watching. That would have "rebound" written all over it. But the way they're going about it is to write Palmer as an earnest rom-com lead, and that's not what I'm seeing.

The fact that Brandon Routh has the craziest eyes I've seen in forever also don't help.

• Love 10

I think this episode is the result of the show trying to rush the relationship between Felicity and Ray. It's the only explanation for the OOC-ness of it.

And 2 females wrote this. They also wrote "Time of Death" which I think also had a hand in some major Felicity OOC material.

I do appreciate, truly, that Amy G. (sorry, i forgot how to spell her last name) has insight into both Cupid AND Oliver.  But I'm afraid she's just not enough to pull me into this episode to watch live. 

This show has become something I dread rather than anticipate and enjoy.

• Love 5

I'm really impressed by Amy G's comments and insight into her character and how it might play into Oliver's feelings for Felicity but this whole episode feels tainted by that Ray crap. 

hmmm if there Lazarus Pit'd Tommy after 2 seasons and not Sara. SIGH!

But I can get behind the following:

Team Arrow plus Roy (conflicted with Thea)

Team Badass (Merlin, Thea and resurrected Tommy)

Team Badass trying to control the city, Team Arrow getting in the way.

• Love 1

hmmm if there Lazarus Pit'd Tommy after 2 seasons and not Sara. SIGH!

But I can get behind the following:

Team Arrow plus Roy (conflicted with Thea)

Team Badass (Merlin, Thea and resurrected Tommy)

Team Badass trying to control the city, Team Arrow getting in the way.

Team Arrow Vs. Team Merlyn :') Although, Thea telling Tommy they're half siblings may be an awkward conversation.