Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Just now, apinknightmare said:

I don't think that's much better, LOL. And if he's getting redeemed (for whatever he needs to be redeemed for in the eyes of the city at this point), I hope this is the last season. 

Ha, I wasn't arguing for great, just trying to see how they would argue it's different. 

(edited)

Sigh. I wasn’t expecting a dramatic change in Arrow but I was expecting something different.

1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

Cool, that's just what people have been asking for! 

I’m frustrated. It’s like whenever they come off a ‘bad’ season, this is their line. 

How about a new direction instead?

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

Redemption? Sadness? Yeah, so far all of this is feeling like stuff the show should have moved past 2 or 3 seasons ago.

How many times does and in different ways can Oliver find redemption? Have I entered a time loop? We've been there, done that multiple times. Starling City needs to be begging for Oliver's forgiveness for being such a shitty town full of corrupt leadership that attracts criminal after criminal after criminal after shitty FBI agents. And 7 years in and we're going back to the sadness of S1????? 

eyer-siri-why-does-god-allow-suffering-3

• Love 8

If you’re a fan of Oliver, “I hope the premiere makes you mad” Stephen Amell teases. #Arrow #SDCC

I honestly can't tell if this means he does something honorable or something incredibly stupid. That I can't tell probably isn't the best reflection of this show. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I honestly can't tell if this means he does something honorable or something incredibly stupid. That I can't tell probably isn't the best reflection of this show. 

I took it to mean that Oliver gets his ass kicked in prison.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Soulfire said:

I'd love it to be Felicity but I'm expecting it to be one of the newbies at this point.

2 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I'd love it to be Felicity but I'm expecting it to be one of the newbies at this point.

My best guess at this point would be either Dinah because she's a cop, or Diggle because he's with ARGUS. I'd be surprised if it's someone who isn't in law enforcement.

1 minute ago, Angel12d said:

EK and RG didn't seem to film much of 701 at all, so it's actually looking more likely not one of the newbies.

• Love 1

I thought maybe Dinah because gotta find ways to shove her into everything, as usual. ??

Let me be wrong, please! ?

(edited)

I have to keep reminding myself that a lot of what they will be talking about is what is happening in the first few episodes, not necessarily season-long arcs.  It makes sense there'd be friction in Oliver and Felicity's relationship when he first comes back or even while he is in jail, but does not make sense if they try to sell it as something they don't get over.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 6
Just now, Angel12d said:

I thought maybe Dinah because gotta find ways to shove her into everything, as usual. ??

Let me be wrong, please! ?

Maybe Laurel completed her University of Phoenix online classes over the summer and is a full-fledged lawyer now, popping in to give him advice that his actual experienced lawyer hadn't thought of?

• Love 13

Of course she takes a leadership role, because she is a queen and a Queen. Curious about what kind of advice Iris could give, though, based on previous discussions in MYS.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Soulfire said:

I feel like Felicity has always somewhat led the team but I am here for this. I'd love Iris to crossover and get an episode focused on them.

• Love 6
(edited)
2 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

How to deal with a husband who is a dipshit? 

That seems like the most realistic answer. Lolz.

Okay, this actually pleases me, because I've been hoping since the finale that the show wouldn't gloss over the enormous ramifications that Oliver's decision had on Felicity and William's lives and the fact that he did nothing to prepare them for it. 
Edited by KenyaJ
  • Love 11

I'm cool with Olicity struggles - obviously I expected it. But I hope they don't make it a huge drama and they actually get to talk it out. 

3 minutes ago, JJ928 said:

I can't stand Emily and Echo together. That was so rude to those journalist.

Such a bad look. I prefer her to do interviews alone but if they have to put her with someone, it needs to be someone who keeps her on track. 

• Love 3

Yeah that was to put it politely, neither of them at their best. And Arrow to continues to double down on plotlines I dislike and act like anything else doesn't exist. Same old. Massive shocker that Olicity aren't in the best place, yah think? Seriously, I like S1 a lot but it isn't the be all and end all of Oliver's development. S6 didn't get trashed because it was too light and happy.  

• Love 2

Maybe there is nothing for them to talk about (no story) so they’re put together because someone thinks their personal interactions are great? Not fair to journalists but one or two seemed to enjoy interacting with them.

• Love 1
(edited)
14 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Maybe there is nothing for them to talk about (no story) so they’re put together because someone thinks their personal interactions are great? 

I would've bought that last year, when everyone was being coy about whether anyone other than Oliver survived Lian Yu. I mean, it's hard to talk about your storyline when it's not clear if your character survived. *wink wink nudge*  But there's no ambiguity like that this season. And I know Beth is being a total hawk about spoilers (with everyone except DR, because there's not a force on earth that can prevent him from giving spoilers, LOL), but there are things of substance that Echo and Emily could have talked about, like why Felicity would still continue to be friends and run a company with someone as shitty as Curtis.

I saw at least a couple of tweets from journalists who were there describing the Echo/Emily interview as fun, and if they felt that way, then I feel better about it. But it sucks that Chris King didn't have time to interview David or Colton and it sounds like his time may have been better spent with them than with Emily and Echo, if he was looking for actual substance.

Edited by KenyaJ
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

Pretty sure they are the same thing to Oliver.

I don’t know, I would be pretty annoyed if they didn’t treat what Oliver did to Felicity as a huge deal, he made a huge personal sacrifice but he also majorly sacrificed on her behalf without even saying boo to her. Pretty much over Oliver’s “better to ask for forgiveness than permission” attitude towards Felicity especially when it’s to her detriment. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, leopardprint said:

I don’t know, I would be pretty annoyed if they didn’t treat what Oliver did to Felicity as a huge deal, he made a huge personal sacrifice but he also majorly sacrificed on her behalf without even saying boo to her. Pretty much over Oliver’s “better to ask for forgiveness than permission” attitude towards Felicity especially when it’s to her detriment

Seems like according to Beth and SA they will treat it as a big deal

As long as it's actually using it as a storyline, not just the dumpster fire that was BMD, especially as she's looking after said kid as a single parent now, which once again you failed to talk to her about. 

• Love 6
(edited)

My concern is that we get episodes of Oliver being brutalized in prison and then when he gets out Felicity so angry/hurt we don’t get warmth between them and Felicity comes across as mean.

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 7

Even though it's been confirmed, I'm surprised they're doing multiple episodes with no Olicity interaction., This is the same show that put an Olicity dream sequence in 311 and a random Olicity flashback in 314 when they were physically separated. 

(edited)
20 minutes ago, Chaser said:

My concern is that we get episodes of Oliver being brutalized in prison and then when he gets out Felicity so angry/hurt we don’t get warmth between them and Felicity comes across as mean.

Yeah, that's one of the early mistakes they made with Laurel - flashbacks of what he went through on Lian Yu contrasted with her bring pissed with him in the present and telling him she wished he'd rotted in hell. It isn't always the best look. I'm hoping that the teaser that he's isolated in prison for the first few episodes is an indication that he will eventually see/talk to Felicity at some point, and that they can maybe chat and start working on things before he gets out, since by all indications it seems like he's going to be in for a while, and Stephen said that Oliver intends on serving out his term, so it seems like something he'd want to get started on instead of waiting until he gets out - since he doesn't think he'll be getting out. (Provided he hasn’t made a deal with the government for a shorter sentence in exchange for something). 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 2