Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

6 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

They had already killed Buffy though, having her die again in the series finale would've been a bit repetitive. 

I could see Arrow ending similar to how Angel ended. The fight goes on. 

That would piss me off cause I hated how Angel ended

8 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

You would think but with this show probably not. They really arent big on relationships outside of their OTPs so Roy will most likely still be dedicated to Thea. 

You got a point. And I would be definitely fine with Roy remaining dedicated to Thea. 

5 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Hey Thea not being allowed to move on from Roy apart from a meaningless bts relationship didnt do much for her, let them be single and get back together when the series ends and Willa comes back.  

But what if we get the female version of DJ Douchebag? 

I could see “Konomi Rhodes”joining Team Arrow later in the season.  With Roy coming on, it's going to be 5 men to 1 woman fighter. (I'm still hoping that Rene and Curtis will be gone by midseason.

Could “Daniel Porter” be a love interest for Dinah?

I'm not impressed by “Jessie Bowden” , she sounds too much like a Mary Sue and I'm still traumatized by Evelyn.  But chiefly I don't like that two of the characters are specified as being Caucasian. Surely that's not necessary in this day.  Meghan Markle got her role on Suits because the casting call didn't specify an ethnicity.

• Love 4

I also hated Angel's ending but I could see Arrow doing the "fight goes on" aspect without the "everyone's dead or sure to die in the fight" aspect. More of a "Star City will always kind of suck and need vigilantes" thing than a "demons taking over the city in a fight we're sure to lose" thing. And that I could accept.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Could “Daniel Porter” be a love interest for Dinah?

Isn't "Daniel Porter" gay? My first thought was love interest for Curtis. And ugh, because I still don't give a fuck about Curtis's love life. Did his cop boyfriend live or die? I can't even remember.

7 minutes ago, JamieLynn832002 said:

I also hated Angel's ending but I could see Arrow doing the "fight goes on" aspect without the "everyone's dead or sure to die in the fight" aspect. More of a "Star City will always kind of suck and need vigilantes" thing than a "demons taking over the city in a fight we're sure to lose" thing. And that I could accept.

Same. 

That "Daniel Porter" sounds like someone who might be involved in Helix Dynamics and can we not with that? 

Ughhhhhh, I don't want all these new characters. We have enough terrible/useless ones as it is.

• Love 8

I'm team keep those three new characters off the show and make Watson a regular. I know people don't like her, but I love her. I'd love Felicity to start the season doing some work for the FBI, & Samanda becoming the law enforcement liason for the team. Buffy junior is obviously gonna be an antagonist, I want Watson as an ally & on the plus side, she's not a teen lol.

• Love 9
(edited)

My problem with Watson is that she never really did anything. She walked around smugly making pronouncements and seemingly basing her entire investigation on watching the news. Ultimately, Oliver going to prison was his choice more than anything she accomplished and had to be done to get her to do her job and actually try to arrest the serial murdery, drug-dealing nutjob. If they can show me a reason for the smugness and actually have her do stuff, I think I could like her. Sydelle Noel is good, I just never really felt like they had any idea what to do with Watson.  

Edited by JamieLynn832002
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, JamieLynn832002 said:

My problem with Watson is that she never really did anything. She walked smugly making pronouncements and seemingly basing her entire investigation on watching the news. Ultimately, Oliver going to prison was his choice more than anything she accomplished and had to be done to get her to do her job and actually try to arrest the serial murdery, drug-dealing nutjob. If they can show me a reason for the smugness and actually have her do stuff, I think I could like her. Sydelle Noel is good, I just never really felt like they had any idea what to do with Watson.  

It was the classic half arsed writing they usually do.

Let's put in this character and have her do stuff! She wants to catch him! Ok let's have her look like she's going to catch him. We don't need to specify what stuff she is doing or show it. It'll all work out! She'll be right!

Sometimes I wonder why I watch this show! 

• Love 1
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I hope the Olicitot is a girl!!!! Better be a girl! I wonder if there will be a meltdown if it's not a girl! Would I have a meltdown if it's not a girl? I don't know!!!!!

If Marc was running the show I'd say they'd go for a boy just cause he often talked about how Tommy for a baby name, but with Beth I think its more open to being a girl. 

Part of me wants them to have a boy and name him Connor, like Oliver's son in the comics who has a hero destiny....just because I feel Reddit and comic stans really deserve it :P

Edited by Mary0360
6 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

Part of me wants them to have a boy and name him Connor, like Oliver's son in the comics who has a hero destiny....just because I feel Reddit and comic stans really deserve it :P

I'm going to root for a girl named Connor. ?

• Love 16
9 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

Maybe it will be one of the comic elements SA is talking about =P

I'll be a bit disappointed I don't get my baby EBR lookalike Olicitot but I'll most likely get over it REAL quick because.........baby *squeeeeee*

In a perfect world we'll get what @calliope1975 suggested! 

13 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

If Marc was running the show I'd say they'd go for a boy just cause he often talked about how Tommy for a baby name, but with Beth I think its more open to being a girl. 

If they want another white washing scandal, go for it. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, KenyaJ said:

Isn't "Daniel Porter" gay? My first thought was love interest for Curtis. And ugh, because I still don't give a fuck about Curtis's love life. Did his cop boyfriend live or die? I can't even remember.

Ugh I forgot he is gay. That's makes him a Curtis mirror.

Cop boyfriend was injured but got out of the hospital in time for Curtis to participate in 6x23.

1 hour ago, Angel12d said:

That "Daniel Porter" sounds like someone who might be involved in Helix Dynamics and can we not with that? 

The only thing that doesn’t bother me about him being connected to Helix Dynamics is that it would mean they aren’t dropping Felicity’s company storyline. Although it could be more about Curtis carrying on the company while she’s in protective custody, in which case — pass. (Also, if Daniel is connected to Kord Industries then I hope they remember that Felicity was fired from there in the 2.5 comic.)

If Konomi isn’t a LI for Roy (and I hope she’s not) maybe she’ll be for Rene? Since it unfortunately seems like he’s sticking around, I can see him getting one.

• Love 2
(edited)
29 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

If they had a girl (and i'm still anti baby lol) they could name her Olivia and trust me they'd have a huge meltdown lol. She is Dinah and Oliver's child in a comic run. That said, I'd prefer they name their kids something not comic related.

15 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

If they want another white washing scandal, go for it. 

But didn't the comics already whitewash him? In injustice he's white. Which to be clear, I think is also messed up.

Edited by JJ928
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, strikera0 said:

I hate putting it out into the universe, but maybe there will be a cop boyfriend/Curtis/gay computer wizzard love triangle?

This sounds great, the show really needs more of Curtis bitching about his love life, LOL

• Love 5
1 minute ago, strikera0 said:

I hate putting it out into the universe, but maybe there will be a cop boyfriend/Curtis/gay computer wizzard love triangle?

xp2.gif

• Love 1

Could the tech guy be someone Felicity ends up working with in her new life?  If she and William are in witness protection wouldn't they need to be away from Star City?  And if it convinces her when she is back interacting with Curtis that she doesn't need the whiny man-child that is Curtis even better! 

Seriously, as much as I am not here for more new characters, if the alternative for Felicity is that she is stuck with just the noobies - I would prefer new people.  

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, JJ928 said:

If they had a girl (and i'm still anti baby lol) they could name her Olivia and trust me they'd have a huge meltdown lol. She is Dinah and Oliver's child in a comic run. That said, I'd prefer they name their kids something not comic related.

But didn't the comics already whitewash him? In injustice he's white. Which to be clear, I think is also messed up.

I didn't know that. I'm now rooting for a girl named Olivia, ha. Bonus points for boy/girl twins Olivia and Connor. 

• Love 3

So this teenager doesn't like vigilantes, right? Is it too much to hope she is successful and manages to kill the n00bs? I'd welcome her with open arms if she gets rid of Colander Face and Flying Balls. And then never bring them back again so we can pretend death means something on the show :P

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

So this teenager doesn't like vigilantes, right? Is it too much to hope she is successful and manages to kill the n00bs? I'd welcome her with open arms if she gets rid of Colander Face and Flying Balls. And then never bring them back again so we can pretend death means something on the show :P

Remember when the writers said they were killing Laurel so that death meant something in the show- good times. 

• Love 6
54 minutes ago, JJ928 said:

They had kids in comics? I thought they never had kids with each other and all the kids were products of his affairs?

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

They had kids in comics? I thought they never had kids with each other and all the kids were products of his affairs?

I think in only those two runs. One is injustice where they have Connor and I think Olivia is another earth, or something like that. I don't think they have ever had kids in the main run/earth but I could be wrong. I'm sure someone here would know better.

(edited)
3 minutes ago, JJ928 said:

I think in only those two runs. One is injustice where they have Connor and I think Olivia is another earth, or something like that. I don't think they have ever had kids in the main run/earth but I could be wrong. I'm sure someone here would know better.

Ahh thank you!

One last question: If both Connor's parents are white why are people complaining about whitewashing? I assume Dinah is white in comics?

I wonder if we'll get a baby born in S7 or just a pregnancy.......baby to be born S8 

I wonder if Berlanti will force the birth in a crossover

I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Oh noes what if baby is not born in S7, just preggers and we never get to meet the Olicitot cuz the show ends *cries*

Edited by Mellowyellow
(edited)

Apparently when asked for a spoiler this weekend, SA signed a photo with “it’s hard to fight family” which is making people on Twitter speculate that maybe a half-sibling surfaces. If they go that route, could be this new Jessie character.

Edited by Trisha
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Mellowyellow said:

Ahh thank you!

One last question: If both Connor's parents are white why are people complaining about whitewashing? I assume Dinah is white in comics?

Connor Hawke has always been mixed race. His mom Sandra was Black & Asian and Oliver is white. Injustice changed that so he's Dinah's child, Oliver dies on her earth and Dr.Fate takes her to another Earth/reality where Oliver is alive, and his Dinah is dead. So DC allowed those writers to totally erase Connor's history. I don't know why they couldn't just make Dinah Black & Asian for the injustice run. But this is DC what am I talking about.

• Love 2

Connor is only the son of Oliver and Dinah in the Injustice story.  Otherwise his mother is Sandra Hawke, so he's mixed race (Caucasian+African-American+Korean), hence the whitewashing in Injustice. 

Personally, I'm fine with Connor Hawke being the future alias for JJ Diggle and them going with another name for the future Baby Smoak-Queen.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, scarynikki12 said:

Personally, I'm fine with Connor Hawke being the future alias for JJ Diggle and them going with another name for the future Baby Smoak-Queen.

Diggle having that spare suit in the end is a nice set up for JJ to take the mantle in the future.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Ahh thank you!

I wonder if we'll get a baby born in S7 or just a pregnancy.......baby to be born S8 

I wonder if Berlanti will force the birth in a crossover

I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Oh noes what if baby is not born in S7, just preggers and we never get to meet the Olicitot cuz the show ends *cries*

I'm assuming if they are teasing it this early it's something that happens early in the season not later.

I think Connors mum was black and not Dinah.

Im sure if by chance the writers decided to name the baby Connor that "white washing" will be the go to justification for outrage when really it'll be the fact Felicity gave birth to their comic book character and how dare she.

Just like there was so much "outrage" for fridging  female characters when Laurel died which ironically enough there didn't seem to be when Sara died so that Laurel could fill her place. 

4 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

Connor is only the son of Oliver and Dinah in the Injustice story.  Otherwise his mother is Sandra Hawke, so he's mixed race (Caucasian+African-American+Korean), hence the whitewashing in Injustice. 

Ive forgotten- why did John Jr change his name to Connor again? 

(edited)

I don't particularly care for the future outlined on LoT because Olicity aren't together in it.

However I wouldn't mind a modified timeline where JJ does become GA and uses the name of his family friend (our Olicitot) as an alias. That would explain the very random name change!  

Actually I think want a girl so that doesn't work!

Nevermind the second Olicitot can be a boy! Let this one be a girl! 

Edited by Mellowyellow
19 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

9989f158f417b590603f852ddd2c2a89--olivia

Conner was born before he was with Dinah. 

I still find it stupid that they had Diggle jr. go by Connor Hawke out of shame for not being able to live up to his fathers legacy.

• Love 1

If they want to imply that JJ won't one day be Connor Hawke, then the simplest explanation is for Oliver and Felicity to adopt a baby and name him Connor.  If we didn't have future pregnancy confirmation, I would even say that this is how they'd go rather than have Emily wear padding. 

3 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I don't particularly care for the future outlined on LoT because Olicity aren't together in it.

However I wouldn't mind a modified timeline where JJ does become GA and uses the name of his family friend (our Olicitot) as an alias. That would explain the very random name change!  

Didn’t that reality happen because the legends never went back to help them fight? I think that reality is already erased, but I still want JJ Green Arrow 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

If they want to imply that JJ won't one day be Connor Hawke, then the simplest explanation is for Oliver and Felicity to adopt a baby and name him Connor.  If we didn't have future pregnancy confirmation, I would even say that this is how they'd go rather than have Emily wear padding. 

Noooooo I want my baby!!!!! And a pregnancy!!!! And for her to pop one out!!!!! *squalls at you like a banshee*

• Love 1
Just now, JJ928 said:

Didn’t that reality happen because the legends never went back to help them fight? I think that reality is already erased, but I still want JJ Green Arrow 

Yep, it was something like they never returned to 2016 which contributed to the foundation for that future.  But they made a point of having the characters, and Sara in particular, return to 2016 so it's assumed that future has been prevented.

• Love 3

I also don't think the LoT 2046 future necessarily makes sense in a timeline where Slade is free and he and Oliver have made amends. Since Slade didn't know about Grant until recently it could still possibly work but iirc Grant's crazy stemmed mostly from what had been done to his father.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Mrs. de Winter said:

Could the tech guy be someone Felicity ends up working with in her new life?  If she and William are in witness protection wouldn't they need to be away from Star City?  And if it convinces her when she is back interacting with Curtis that she doesn't need the whiny man-child that is Curtis even better!

It would be a pity if the only friend they could write for Felicity is a male gay tech nerd.  Alena is bad enough.

27 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

Ive forgotten- why did John Jr change his name to Connor again? 

IIRC, he was ashamed of something he had done (not lived up to his father's heritage?) and that's why he changed his name. But the impression at the end of the episode was that this is a timeline that wasn't going to happen.