Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I was thinking about the Walter being the person with the Arrow in him and I think it's totally plausible.   I think it if was Sin or Sara Oliver/Roy would have more of a reaction. 

Killing Walter could be used to further Felicity's journey; she only started working with The Hood to find Walter and now after everything she's gone through finding Walter dead could cause her to re-evaluate her decisions.  It would also be used to further Thea's journey, since Walter was her last family tie (outside of Merlyn and Oliver).  Killing off her step-father could be used to drive Thea further into Malcolm's arms. Finally it could be used to further Oliver's journey, while he wasn't close to Walter he did rescue Walter from Merlyn in S1 to lose him to another archer in S3 could drive him back towards Vigilante mode and since a big part of Oliver's journey this season is Can I be Oliver Queen and The Arrow?  it would work, not to mention Ra's Al Ghul's big push is for Oliver to only be The Arrow.

I don't like killing off characters to further other characters but Walter has been fairly non-existent in the series anyway.  Although, Colin Salmon is such a great actor I'd hate to lose him permanently.  

It would also explain his tweet from this summer.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 5

Got my new TV Guide (double issue) and am glad to see "new" (finally) next to the Arrow listing for Oct. 8th!  If I've read this Spoilers thread correctly, we only know the titles for the first eight episodes so far?

3.1 - The Calm
3.2 - Sara
3.3 - Corto Maltese
3.4 - The Magician
3.5 - The Secret Origin of Felicity Smoak
3.6 - Guilty
3.7 - Draw Back Your Bow
3.8 - [Arrow/Flash cross-over episode]

Edited by tv echo

Not talking to your sibling every day is one thing, but not hearing from them in 6-7 months. I would've started to worry and called my sibling after 2 weeks of no contact. But then again I'm not a shitty sibling like the characters on this show seem to be.

Maybe she has been talking to him and lying to him, and he gets concerned when he goes a while without hearing from her? Then Roy would have to admit that he knew she wasn't backpacking.

Or he could just be being a shitty brother, who knows.

Maybe she has been talking to him and lying to him, and he gets concerned when he goes a while without hearing from her? Then Roy would have to admit that he knew she wasn't backpacking.

Or he could just be being a shitty brother, who knows.

Or he's not a shitty brother at all. He clearly loves her and wants what is best for her. IIRC, the last time he saw her was when she moved out and she told Ollie she would contact him when she got settled. So if she took off to Europe she's not settled. She didn't seem particularly open to staying in touch with Oliver at that point.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1

I would agree, even if it's just via email and text messages or at worst through Roy as an intermediary. If Thea was MIA Oliver would use every resource to find her and that's the last thing Malcolm would want.

I don't think we're supposed to expect or find out that Oliver doesn't give a shit about Thea and hasn't thought about her in 5 months.  More that he knew she was safe and trying to find peace, a place to heal and he was giving her some freedom.  If anything I would expect Oliver could understand that since the first thing he did after Tommy died was runaway. 

ETA: New CW Promo

http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/09/cw-fall-2014-new-promo-heroes-within.html

Can we get some clarification from the Mods?  Can the official promos and episode descriptions get added to the Media thread or are they considered spoilers and belong here?

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

Honestly I can't see Malcolm not instructing Thea to...keep in touch with Oliver in some way so he doesn't get suspicious.

This is Malcolm, he's not exactly sane. I would think he would want Thea as isolated as possible to keep her with him. He probably reminds her how betrayed she was by the lies of Moira and Oll

• Love 1

Or he's not a shitty brother at all. He clearly loves her and wants what is best for her. IIRC, the last time he saw her was when she moved out and she told Ollie she would contact him when she got settled. So if she took off to Europe she's not settled. She didn't seem particularly open to staying in touch with Oliver at that point.

Oh, I don't think he's a shitty brother at all. In my post on the previous page, I thought he was either giving her space or not so suspicious at first because they weren't on good terms when she left town. Just replying to that particular theory is all.

Edited by apinknightmare

ARROW

“Sara” — (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, DLV) (HDTV)

COLIN DONNELL RETURNS AS TOMMY MERLYN IN A FLASHBACK; MATT WARD GUEST STARS AS SIMON LACROIX, AKA KOMODO — Lance (Paul Blackthorne) calls the Arrow (Stephen Amell) when another archer appears in town and starts skewering businessmen. Diggle (David Ramsey) uses A.R.G.U.S. to find the archer’s identity; he is a man named Simon Lacroix (guest star Matt Ward), who goes by the codename Komodo. However, the team hits a rough patch with the mission and gets help from a surprising source – Laurel (Katie Cassidy). Meanwhile, Oliver begins to worry that he hasn’t heard from Thea (Willa Holland), which forces Roy (Colton Haynes) to tell him the truth about why she left town. Ray Palmer (Brandon Routh) pursues Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards). In the flashback, Maseo (guest star Karl Yune) tells Oliver that Amanda Waller has ordered his first kill. As Oliver looks down the scope of the rifle, he sees the target is his best friend, Tommy (guest star Colin Donnell). Despite her promise to her sister, Laurel debates sharing a secret about Sara (Caity Lotz) with Lance. Wendey Stanzler directed the episode written by Jake Coburn & Keto Shimizu (#302). Original airdate 10/15/2014.

Why do they keep giving everything away in their episode descriptions?! Sounds like a good episode although it sort of sounds like the team are being made to look incompetent so Laurel fits in. I hope I'm wrong though! I'm all for Laurel getting the chance to be competent but not at the expense of anyone else. I guess I just find it hard to believe that the Team have an expert hacker and soldier and A.R.G.U.S on their side but Laurel is somehow the key. Prove me wrong, show!

Also, TOMMY! Who the hell would put a hit on Tommy and why?! I need to know now omg.

I think he's an incredibly shitty brother actually.

He's not the best brother. Especially when he left Thea alone for five months and went back to the island when she needed him most. Their mother went to jail and he should have been there. I didn't like that at all.

I think he's NOT GREAT BOB. But I don't think he's completely shitty, he loves her and cares about her, but he's damaged and very very dumb and is still trying to figure out how to let people in and do what he feels he needs to do.

• Love 1

What about episode descriptions?

For links to episode descriptions they can go in Media, if it's a quoted episode description and a link the actual quote should be spoiler tagged. And of course you can come here to do analysis and discussion. Thanks!

• Love 1

Could be that Amanda is after Merlyn, Tommy's supposed to be meeting his father in Hong Kong or something.  Maybe she was trying to draw Malcolm out by killing Tommy and using Oliver to do it?  2 Birds one Stone?  Break Oliver and get to Malcolm?  Of course it could be as simple as just wanting to break Oliver.

For links to episode descriptions they can go in Media, if it's a quoted episode description and a link the actual quote should be spoiler tagged. And of course you can come here to do analysis and discussion. Thanks!

Cool, thanks!

Edited by Morrigan2575

Generally speaking, yeah. I just think in this instance, with the communication, maybe not.

He tries though, I'll give him that. He has good intentions, he's just bad at execution.

Edited by apinknightmare

...I never really thought of asking why. Is there another reason other than to chip away at Oliver's soul? And how does he get out of it.

There has to be another reason! Unless it's a test. I don't know. But I'm interested to see if someone really did put a hit out on Tommy. Maybe it links to Malcolm in some way. Or maybe I'm just thinking too much about this.

I'm thinking too much about the logistics of an Arrow vs. Flash fight. Wouldn't speed beat training?

I don't even see how Oliver could land a punch.  In comics speedsters are very hard to fight, I don't like Quicksilver very much but he's fairly formidable and I'm pretty sure The Flash is faster than Quicksilver.  

I don't even see how Oliver could land a punch. In comics speedsters are very hard to fight, I don't like Quicksilver very much but he's fairly formidable and I'm pretty sure The Flash is faster than Quicksilver.

Yeah, I mean, how would Oliver even be able to get his bearings enough to know where to punch? Unless Barry's taking it easy on him and it's played for laughs with Barry being a smartass about his powers and Oliver getting pissed about it.

Definitely it seem,speed would be training. But if Barry is being a smartass, why would he?

Also, TOMMY! Who the hell would put a hit on Tommy and why?! I need to know now omg.

It does seem like brain-washing to get Oliver under her complete control. Except I can't see even after Slade and Ivo that flashback! Oliver is brutal enough at this point to kill his best friend, and if he doesn't know it's Tommy that would backfire on Waller.

I guess I just find it hard to believe that the Team have an expert hacker and soldier and A.R.G.U.S on their side but Laurel is somehow the key. Prove me wrong, show!

I'd like to think that they wouldn't dumb down everyone else to prop Laurel but they did it last season, and the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior.

• Love 1

I'd like to think that they wouldn't dumb down everyone else to prop Laurel but they did it last season, and the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior.

That's true for most characters, but Laurel changes every time the EP's need her too. So who even knows what they will do. Laurel's barely a existing character. 

• Love 1

Yep agree 100% . He's a decent guy but everything he's done in relation to Thea just screams shitty brother lol. 

Edited by ban1o

I mean they dumbed down Laurel numerous times to prop Oliver so...turnabout is fair play imo.

I don't think Laurel has been dumbed down at all, she has been fairly idiotic from the very beginning and very consistently. If anything, her sudden bouts of intelligence and insight (with Sebastian Blood and with Chinese embassy for instance) seem rather out of character. She has not won a single case either at CNRI or DA's office and any success she's shown to have had were because of the assistance from the Arrow. She could not piece together anything about the masked vigilantes in her city despite a very distinctive chin that belonged to her sister and had to be told by Slade that Oliver is Arrow.

Her emotional intelligence is absolute worst as well. She was an awful girlfriend to Tommy (blurting about his job on a double date, making everything about herself even when his dad got shot and Helena injured him, she kept talking about what SHE needed), equally awful daughter to her parents with the attitude suitable to an angry teenager rather than a responsible adult, and a very pushy and judgemental girlfriend to Oliver. The less said about her dysfunctional relationship with her sister, the better.

So yes, the consistent thing about Laurel is that her IQ and EQ both suck big time and whenever they try to show her as an intelligent or loving person (relationship advice to Oliver and Sara), it seems very out of character and extremely jarring for the viewers.

• Love 3
She has not won a single case either at CNRI or DA's office and any success she's shown to have had were because of the assistance from the Arrow.

That's kind of my point. She *should* be smart and capable (and they certainly want us to think that) but they constantly have her act less so so Oliver can save her. 

But it's not just so that Oliver can save her, because she's like that with everyone.  If she were smart with everyone else and stupid around Oliver so the Arrow can save her, I'd agree. But she's also clueless when it comes to her parents, and Tommy, and Sara, and the people at her workplace.  The legal stuff with Moira was appalling and had nothing to do with Oliver or The Arrow.

The only thing she got right in two seasons was that Sebastian Blood was a bad guy and it can be argued that one outlier is a case of plot contrivance. 

• Love 3

I'll respond to you when I get back from work statsgirl but before I go...(from that Barrowman interview) 

...whaaaat?

Was this translated from another language, maybe?

Laurel...the commissioner of POLICE? Nah, that has to be a mistake. That can't be right.

Does he mean Malcolm is the commissioner? That can't be right either.

Edited by apinknightmare

I'm going to assume that Malcolm is the commissioner (are we talking police? what is happening?) because having Laurel be anything other than the Assistant D.A. is just...no. No. Noooo.

Or that commissioner has a different definition.

If Malcolm is the commissioner of police, then Starling City really does need to burn.

City commissioner? Some kind of government job, since Laurel's DA (or in the DA's office), and that's the only way he'd deal with her? But he was responsible for, oh, I don't know, MURDERING PEOPLE, so...how? Is he returning to Starling pretending to be someone other than Malcolm Merlyn? Nah, that can't be it.

• Love 4

That commissioner thing must be a mistake. No way could Laurel be commissioner but there's also no way Malcolm would either. Oh yeah, you murdered 500 people, here, you can be commissioner. Whaaaat?!

What if this is why Laurel was wearing a badge in that BTS pic when she was filming at that gym? Am I imagining that? Haha, no. No. JB just misspoke.

OR maybe in Ray Palmer's version of Star City, the District Attorney is the COMMISSIONER OF JUSTICE? (this is a joke, btw)

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1

I’d love to do some stuff with the character Felicity, obviously I’d love to do stuff with Roy, and it would also be interesting to see how Malcolm would deal with Laurel at this point as the commissioner.

It does sound like Laurel is the commissioner in this statement.  Maybe the DA's chair was already filled. Or perhaps she's the commissioner of police?

Some ADA's carry a type of shield. No way is she Commissioner. Even die-hard Laurel fans would side-eye that.

Oh, I know. And the EPs flat out said she was in the DA's office (or THE DA, depending on whether you believe indirect quotes). I just find it interesting that she had it, considering we never saw Donner with one (or Kate Spencer). But then again, they also weren't out in the field, so...I just thought it was an interesting tidbit in light of this hopefully false statement, haha.

What if this is why Laurel was wearing a badge in that BTS pic when she was filming at that gym? Am I imagining that? Haha, no. No. JB just misspoke.

OR maybe in Ray Palmer's version of Star City, the District Attorney is the COMMISSIONER OF JUSTICE? (this is a joke, btw)

You shouldn't joke about things like that because it might come true! LOL.

Seriously though, as much as the word 'commissioner' is a pretty strange word to get confused with something else (like I can't think what he might have meant otherwise) I can't see Laurel being commissioner of anything. And Malcolm being in charge of anything would make as much sense as Moira running for Mayor.

Oh no.

Finally managed to check it with my cousin who works as a lawyer in Chicago. Apparently, if any ADA accompanies police to an arrest - and they do it when they uncover something during investigations that they conduct alongside the police - they are required to wear a badge to show that they are with the police and part of the raid. It does not mean anything else beyond that.

I think John Barrowman meant ADA and he just forgot LL's job description. I don't think she is gonna be a police commissioner, even CW writers cannot be this dumb.

That's kind of my point. She *should* be smart and capable (and they certainly want us to think that) but they constantly have her act less so so Oliver can save her. 

I don't know what she was *supposed to be*, what I have seen on my screen is that is she is anything but intelligent and it is not just to prop up Oliver, she spreads her brand of idiocy all around. She makes Sara Lance looks like Einstein and we all know that she never finished college.  

Edited by TanyaKay
  • Love 1