Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

As a non-Laurel fan, I am fine with Laurel and Felicity being friendly.  I didn't expect anything else.  I am also expecting Diggle to come around but probably at a slower pace.  MG said something back around SDCC about Diggle seeing Laurel in a new light.  This doesn't mean that I expect any of them to be best friends and hanging out together.

Felicity has never had a problem with Laurel.  She knew Oliver loved her and accepted it.  I don't think the EPs ever intended to set up Laurel vs Felicity.  I think Laurel's behavior in the scenes cited probably didn't come across as intended.  I think Laurel looking down her nose at everyone is mainly a problem caused by KC's portrayal.

As for tension within the lair, CH said in one of his interviews that Diggle and Felicity would show signs of jealousy because of his place on the team.  I consider that eye roll worthy and more out of character for F & D.  He's been around since mid-season 2.  

• Love 3

Sorry, I don't have the link for SA saying Oliver would come clean with Thea. I have the vague impression it was at the upfronts but my bad memory...

Sara was nice to Felicity from the moment she entered the lair.  She was the one who taught Felicity a better way to punch and sewed her up.  They were two women against the guys.

Laurel's been at best tolerant of Felicity and she strikes me as as a woman who makes friends with men rather than with women, Joanna notwithstanding.

It's not because two women who have been in a relationship with the same guy can't be friends, it's because of who Laurel and Felicity are as characters. I can see them being co-workers, but not taking a bottle of wine over to each other's houses and confessing secrets, whereas I could easily have seen that with Felicity and Sara.

If Oliver gets hurt and they both worry, I can see a complex episode as they each try to deal with how the other one fits into Oliver's life, but I'd rather see that in fanfic than leave it to these writers.

It really does feel like "Felicity likes Laurel so you should too."

Felicity has barely interacted with Laurel during this whole show so I don't see how you could say they could never been friends or that Laurel has only been "tolerant" of her. Maybe I'm forgetting something but haven't they only interacted 3 times total, once when Laurel was drunk?  I don't see what it is about their characters that would make it impossible for them to friends but hey that's just me. (Her character isn't even written consistently anyway) Sara didn't even become friends with Felicity until after she got into relationship with Ollie. When she was in Starling City the first time she didn't interact with Felicity. Laurel being more likely to friends with guys. We already know that's not true because of Joanna (who I know you mentioned but it sounds like you're dismissing her.) 

Anyway I think this big deal people are making about one comment about them being friends (not BFFs, not going to have wine at each other's house, but friends) is just because they want Laurel away from Team Arrow lol. 

Laurel and Felicity had four scenes together. The first was in The Undertaking when Felicity interrupted Oliver giving Laurel relationship advice and Felicity called Laurel gorgeous and Laurel addressed all her remarks to Oliver. The second was at a party when Felicity figured out that the mysterious woman was following Laurel not Oliver ,and Laurel didn't talk to Felicity, again (what she thought is up to personal interpretation).  The third time was the drunk scene when she suggested Oliver fire Felicity and give her (Laurel) her job (okay she was drunk but in vino veritas), and the last time was in the lair when Laurel asked Diggle and Felicity to leave so she could talk to Oliver alone.  IIRC, at none of these times did she talk to Felicity directly. 

The first time Oliver introduced Sara to Diggle and Felicity, at the start of Heir to the Demon before they got into a relationship, Sara said nice things to both of them and made friends.

Maybe it's the way KC plays her, maybe it's the lack of dialogue but while I hope Felicity and Laurel get along, I can't see them having lunch dates or even making jokes at Oliver's expense the way Felicity does with Diggle or Sara. 

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 2

But for most of those times Laurel had no idea who she was. She thought she was one of Oliver's random It girls or assistants. I don't really see why Laurel would try and be friendly to her in the case. That would be really contrived. When Sara was introduced to her, Felicity was introduced as a member of Team Arrow and part of Oliver's vigilante work. That's completely different. Since Laurel is  a part of all this now, it makes complete sense for her and Felicity to be friends. 

I really don't think 4 scenes when they were in the same room is enough to say they can't be friends. 

Edited by ban1o

How about we wait and see what happens before we judge it? I don't think there's a point in arguing something that may not happen :p 

I think we all agree that we don't want Felicity and Laurel to become instant BFFs, the problem is whether a potential friendship could be realistic or not and whether EBR and KC could pull it off. I think these questions can only be answered only after watching the first few episodes. Who knows? It might be ridiculously awkward, or Felicity might be able to make Laurel look like a warm friendly person for once. 

Stranger things have happened :)

But for most of those times Laurel had no idea who she was. She thought she was one of Oliver's random It girls or assistants. I don't really see why Laurel would try and be friendly to her in the case.

That's exactly why (said the person reading over my shoulder).  If you're only nice to someone because they're high status or can be important to you, you're a different kind of person than someone who is friendly to everyone, bus drivers, the lowly technician in the IT room, or the guy cleaning up the litter on the street. I see Felicity and Sara as being the latter.

But hopefully it won't be too unbelievable on screen.

• Love 6

That's exactly why (said the person reading over my shoulder).  If you're only nice to someone because they're high status or can be important to you, you're a different kind of person than someone who is friendly to everyone, bus drivers, the lowly technician in the IT room, or the guy cleaning up the litter on the street. I see Felicity and Sara as being the latter.

But hopefully it won't be too unbelievable on screen.

Ok I want to stop arguing and derailing the thread :P but I don't think Laurel was mean to Felicity in any of the scenes they shared together. She just didn't know who she was and there was no real reason for them to become friends without it being contrived. I consider myself a nice person but I wouldn't try and become friends with one of my ex-boyfriends assistants or it girls that I barely interact with. Sara knew exactly who Felicity was and they were working together and interacting a lot which is how they became friends.  I don't think now that Laurel is in on the secret and will most likely be interacting with Felicity and helping Team Arrow out more that it is so unbelievable that they will be friends

Edited by ban1o

I'm willing to wait and see regarding Laurel and Felicity's interaction with each other. But frankly, I don't think you have to know who someone is or what their function is to be friendly when you come into contact with someone (repeatedly). That's called basic decency and politeness where I'm from.

Now I'm going over senarios where Laurel is involved with exposing Roy's role in the cop's death. If she does it by looking into Team Arrow it would cause major drama. That wouldn't cast Laurel in the best light. If she comes across the evidence and than has to cover it up for Team Arrow, I would want her to re think working with Team Arrow (yes Roy was drugged but she is still a proscuter and this isn't putting bad guys away its covering up a cops murder).

Didn't Laurel kill a cop too? Maybe that can be a bonding point for her and Roy.

• Love 6

Friendly colleagues is all that I want from that relationship.  Friends implies something more than friendly, IMO, so that's why I bristled.   Laurel needs to remember "The toes you step on today, could be attached to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow".  She needs to tread lightly with Felicity is all I'm saying.

• Love 3

Should this discussion be in the Relationships thread? Potential/Speculative Relationships?  :)

I would have never expected Laurel to be friends with Felicity. I did expect her to be friendly or cordial to her. I know it's subjective, but to me, it seemed like Laurel ignored Felicity until she was flat out bitchy towards her when she was drunk. It is hard for me to figure out if they would be friends because Laurel isn't a consistent character. Like she was with Oliver, she could love Felicity one day then hate her the next. 

I do think the writers will have them be friends to boost Laurel's popularity, but I don't know if I'll believe it. 

• Love 1

I'm willing to wait and see regarding Laurel and Felicity's interaction with each other. But frankly, I don't think you have to know who someone is or what their function is to be friendly when you come into contact with someone (repeatedly). That's called basic decency and politeness where I'm from.

Besides the scene where Laurel was drunk and hit rock bottom (and was a bitch to everyone not just Felicity), she has shown basic decency and politeness to Felicity lol. :) 

Edited by ban1o

Besides the scene where Laurel was drunk and hit rock bottom (and was a bitch to everyone not just Felicity), she has shown basic decency and politeness to Felicity lol. :) 

Replying in relationship thread.

Not much on Laurel or Sara in that video. I wonder how much Sara is actually in the first episode. All the stills and clips of her seem to be from the same scene. 

Edited by ban1o

Can someone recap what happens in the preview? Can't watch from work computer :-(

LOL it's kinda hard to recap but most of the info is stuff we already know and most of the footage shown is old. Basically it's Andrew Keisberg talking about season 3 along side some footage. They did show some scenes of Dig and Lyla together and in the hospital. And a scene where Felicity is crying and Roy is there comforting her. And it appears to show some scenes of Arrow fighting Oliver maybe, I can't really tell. 

He says at the end

"We really feel like we've worked out the kinks and we've figured out what works well in the show and this season is even more epic, even more romantic, even more heartbreaking- and even more hilarious, then the previous 2 seasons and we're so excited to show everyone where Oliver Queen's adventures take him next." 

Edited by ban1o

I don't think Sara's going to die in episode two. Didn't Colton say something bad happens that bonds him & Sara? I'm kind of worried for Sin to be honest.

Yeah but if it was Sin, why would Felicity be crying that much? She didn't really know Sin. I get she's a compassionate person but  I don't think it's her. It might not be anybody dying. It could just be something really bad that happens that changes everything. 

Edited by ban1o

What outfit was Felicity wearing when she was crying? I thought that was how we kept time. lol

It seems likely Sin's death would bond Roy and Sara, not sure how Felicity would be involved though. I really wanted to see more Roy/Sin/Thea interaction.

Thanks for the recap!

• Love 1

Yeah but if it was Sin, why would Felicity be crying that much? She didn't really know Sin. I get she's a compassionate person but  I don't think it's her. It might not be anybody dying. It could just be something really bad that happens that changes everything. 

She could be reacting to Sara being upset? No idea... lol. I just remembered Colton saying he & Sara bonded in ep 2, so I figured she's still alive and kicking. It could be that Oliver gets injured.

What outfit was Felicity wearing when she was crying? I thought that was how we kept time. lol

LOL. She's wearing a blue dress (or at least a blue top) that I don't think we've seen so far in any of the promo images or sneak peaks. 

On another note, as much as I consider the ponytail "quintessential Felicity," I love it when she wears her hair down. Her hair is amazing.

I did think for a second hmm Sara might die but then I remembered Sara and Roy come closer together so...hmmm Sara gets badly injured? Something happens to Lyla or the baby? I doubt Felicity would cry for Sin. Dilemma dilemma.

But anyway. It seems Miss Smoak is getting hotter with each season. For real. You know I'm very curious about Ray and her potential relationship now. And after seeing how very happy Oliver and she is at the date...that raw conversation best not let me down.

Or maybe Sara is present when Sin dies and Felicity hears it on the comms? I watched a dog get hit and killed by a car once. I cried and it I didn't even know the dog.

I really want Felicty's closet. I wouldn't be able to pull it off, but I would be happy just to stare.

• Love 3