Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Ok so they do go to Corto Maltese to track down Thea. I wonder if they actually find her. Also I'm curious to how they figure she's there? Thea didn't tell Roy where she went, right? 

Edited by ban1o
In the third episode, Roy) Haynes, Oliver (Amell). and Diggle (Ramsey) head to Corto Maltese to track down Thea.

Interesting

...and I see we're already discussing it. Late as usual ;)  

Also I'm curious to how they figure she's there? Thea didn't tell Roy where she went, right?

Roy probably fesses up in 3.02...how they figure she's there? Easy...Felicity.

Edited by wingster55

I'm guessing Oliver/Roy find Thea in Corto Maltese and she comes back by the end of 303; since we know Malcolm shows up in Starling in 304.  There was also a spoiler about Thea possibly going DarkSide but that is something they've been hinting at as far back as the S2 finale...some people will move closer to the comicbook destinies while others will not.  

I'm guessing the Jacket of Power puts Laurel closer to her comicbook self, while Thea's choice to go with Merlyn moves her away from Speedy and towards a villain or anti-hero character.  Of course, I can't imagine this show keeping Thea as a villain for very long since she's Oliver's sister and she really doesn't seem the evil type.  So, she'll either go white hat by end of S3. stay as an anti-hero, or die/leave town as a villain...but again that seems like a longshot.  

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

Didnt they say that Roy is keeping things from Oliver regarding Thea? 

yeah they did say that. I'm thinking that it's just that he just let's Oliver believe she's backpacking across Europe or whatever and that he doesn't really tell him about why she left or about her note. Also, anyone. correct me if I'm wrong I vaguely remember in an interview Colton said something about Roy somehow getting in contact with Thea? I wonder if that factors into all of this. 

Maybe whatever horrible thing that happens in episode 2, compels Roy to tell the truth about everything? 

Edited by ban1o

Yeah, I think it came out at SDCC that Roy is keeping things from Oliver about Thea but they didn't specify what.  We know that Oliver thinks Thea is backpacking across Europe and I thought there was something about Roy/Thea keeping in contact with each other but I can't remember if I read that or if it was speculation.

In this interview Colton mentions something Roy about contacting her. And I think I also remember reading about it in an article that was called something like "31 spoilers about Arrow" 

Edited by ban1o

The majority of the scenes he has filmed are with EBR and are much more light hearted. I hope that they tie in the Felicity and Ray with the main action of the episodes - like she is using QC resources for Team Arrow. I just don't want it to be disjointed like Laurel's arc was last year.

I'm surprised we haven't heard anything about J.R. 

The talk on the Laurel thread about fans seeing Laurel as desrupting Team Arrow + her placement in the poster gave me a thought: didn't Colton say something about Laurel meddling on everyone's business? If she's actually disrupting Team Arrow, or if any member of Team Arrow ends up seeing her as an intruder, that might be smart storytelling. Because it would align audience expectation of Laurel with what the actual characters on the show think of Laurel.

Edited by dancingnancy

The majority of the scenes he has filmed are with EBR and are much more light hearted. I hope that they tie in the Felicity and Ray with the main action of the episodes - like she is using QC resources for Team Arrow. I just don't want it to be disjointed like Laurel's arc was last year.

I'm surprised we haven't heard anything about J.R.

It's interesting how he snuck in under the radar, filmed 6 episodes and all we knew about was the first 2 IIRC. I really hope they don't screw this up like the did Isabel because they have too many storylines.

the poster isn't a spoiler, belongs in the media thread.

I haven't watched but according to twitter Brandon Rough says in this interview that he's seen the concept art for the Atom Suit. I guess we'll see him the suit sooner rather than later.

https://m.soundcloud.com/tannerfm-2/brandon-routh-interview

Oh, that's interesting. If we really get to see the Atom in action on the show, I would assume that he will probably join in on the big battle between Team Arrow and Ra's Al Ghul/LOA at the end of the season.

Edited by strikera0
  • Love 1

I would add Alex Kingston right along there with Summer Glau. Such a waste. I hope they learned from their mistakes and really plotted out this season.

Regrading what the cast is saying about Team Arrow and the poster. I don't think we can read anything into the poster, I really think it was an after though. Just something they needed to get out there. As for Laurel's place on Team Arrow, taking into consideration what the cast is saying I don't think we are going to see Laurel with Team Arrow right away. I think that is coming at the end of the season.

Basically a write up of the interview for those of you who don't want to hear it:

“My character, Ray Palmer, interacts with Felicity mostly in the episodes I’ve shot so far and it’s just a lot of fun. I have a great time working with Emily. I think it’s going to add it a whole new element to the show that I think fans will like, whether they dislike Ray getting into the middle of the Oliver/Felicity relationship or not.” - Brandon Routh in a radio interview

I'm sort of bummed about this, I would've liked to see Ray interact with more of the cast, but yay! This means that Felicity is getting scenes outside of Oliver and team arrow!

"It’s a totally different suit and I haven’t been in it yet, I’ve only seen drawings," Routh told the hosts when pressed for details on his Arrowrole. “It’s a very different character and I really can’t say too much about what the suit’s going to look like — just that it’s very different and I don’t believe it has a cape, which doesn’t really surprise anybody if you’ve seen The Atom in the comics. But it’s a cool opportunity; it’s a cool show with a huge following. They do a great job grounding the show. Having my character on there — he has a lot of different elements. I get to come on there and [do some] comedy in a pretty dark world."

Edited by wonderwall

I'm actually rather curious to see what happens t would e cool f it was QC/Applied Sciences related.

I'd like to see Felicity involved/helping out with the development of the tech related to the Atom suit...not the suit itself. But like she's working on project that Ray steals/uses for his suit

• Love 1

It's probably safe to say Oliver-centric/plot heavy instead of character heavy?

Yeah probably. I was just curious if something was announced that I didn't hear since most of episodes so far seem to be character-centric. 

... okay, I've gone long enough not knowing, what does IIRC mean?

if i recall correctly

LOL I don't get how Cupid of all  villains gets a 2 episode arch. 

Edited by ban1o
  • Love 3

if i recall correctly

LOL I don't get how Cupid of all  villains gets 2 episode arch. 

Thank you!

Calling it right now, crazy cupid lady is in episode 6 but is minor, then by the end of the episode she kidnaps Felicity (I say Felicity and not Thea or Laurel because they seem to be bulking up and becoming fighters) and episode 7 is centered around Team Arrow looking for her/bringing her back.

• Love 1

Thank you!

Calling it right now, crazy cupid lady is in episode 6 but is minor, then by the end of the episode she kidnaps Felicity (I say Felicity and not Thea or Laurel because they seem to be bulking up and becoming fighters) and episode 7 is centered around Team Arrow looking for her/bringing her back.

Cool idea. That would make sense. I wonder if the title is a reference to the song "Cupid, Draw Back your Bow" lol 

I still want her to go after Roy instead

That would be interesting. .Everybody assumes she'll be going after Oliver so her going after Roy would be a surprise. 

• Love 2

I still want her to go after Roy instead

Lol, are you typing on your phone, my friend? 

Also, I don't mind my theory because I've always wondered how Team Arrow would work without Felicity, how their dynamics change etc. 

But I also wouldn't mind if she was crazy for Roy. That would be an episode with a plethora of crazy hilarious one liners :p

Blind Spot and Time of Death? Its going to suck for all the women on the show.

The only bright spot in these episodes is the woman playing Cupid. She was good on SPN, both in the emotional and action scenes. I think she actually would have made a good Laurel/Black Canary.

• Love 1

Ugh, because I don't want Felicity to be damseled just because Oliver took her on a date. And it would also prove  his theory that anyone who gets around him is in danger.

Isn't the Tockman supposed to show up in Central City on the Flash part of the episode?  I'd rather the crossover is about him, and Cupid goes after Roy.  Boy needs some action now that Thea has rejected him.

• Love 2

I don't mind Felicity being in danger once or twice, it's pretty much an occupational hazard. It would fortify Oliver's stance in not letting anyone close to him, which is probably what will make him encourage Felicity to go out with Ray or someone.