Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

It's the whole "dark love story" which has me like YIKES. And it sounds like it involves Oliver so... 

But then again this is WM and she talks nonsense half the time so IDK guys. I just don't know! 

Evil Nazi Oliver finds out E1 Oliver is in love with a Jewish Girl and reevaluates his stance?

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I literally would not even be surprised if they did something like this. ?

If they really wanted to go dark (and it's WM so I take everything with a grain of salt). They could go the opposite route, have Evil Nazi Oliver hate Felicity and try to destroy/kill her because his E1 counterpart loves a Jewish Girl and that makes him "filth". 

However, since the end result is Double Wedding I expect the first one is more likely. 

PS I also remember something in the crossover about Oliver learning the meaning of love (was it from a surprising source?). I know we speculated that it was Stein (since he dies) but, what if it is E-X Oliver?

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 3
Just now, Morrigan2575 said:

PS I also remember something in the crossover about Oliver learning the meaning of love (was it from a surprising source?). I know we speculated that it was Stein (since he dies) but, what if it is E-X Oliver?

I think it was a surprising source and I do remember some people out there also speculating that it could be E-X Oliver or Stein (since SA does seem to have at least a few scenes with VG).

Just now, Velocity23 said:

Did Grant voice the X-Flash part in the Ray?

I don't think so, I think MB was the only one who was in it. Did the Ray even come out yet? I can still only find the trailer

David said that we would enjoy Oliver and Kara's interactions, he never said they were the Earth X versions. The whole Earth X Oliver/Kara romance spec came from a group of fans who are still convinced Oliver/BC are going to happen and claim that the writers love making Oliver promiscuous. Make of that what you will.

I think that the "dark love story" is more about how Earth X Oliver had no one to love (partner, family, or friends) and no one to love him, so that's why he became a villain.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 6

I'm taking her dark love story just a reference to the fact that the crossover deals with Nazis but also deals with love wether that be weddings or losing loved ones and not literally that the crossover is going to focus on the nazis love story with one another.

And Nazi Oliver and Nazi Kara having a grand romance was speculation from a group of people on twitter who were inclined to believe and promote worst case scenarios as facts- like Oliver getting drunk and hooking up with Susan in 5x07 after seeing Billy and Felicity together or Oliver and Tinah hooking up and having a triangle with Felicity or Felicity being written out of the show and replaced with Curtis/Dinah/random lamp in SCDP set. 

• Love 4
35 minutes ago, tv echo said:

From THR article - huh?...

About the big crossover, WM: "The biggest surprise will be the emotional component of the crossover... I don't think anyone is going to see that coming. It's very much a dark love story. It's the underpinnings of that that will make the Earth-X element a real contrast to that. Oliver [Stephen Amell] has a big role to play in it and it's bigger and better than any crossover we've done in the past. It's going to be epic."

What do you think that means?

Do we know why these Evil-versions come to Earth1? 

I see this EarthX universe as a dark mirror image of the Arrowverse. So, these Evil- versions would result from the absence or death of those people that helped creating the E1 superheroes. If this is the case, what happened to Felicity and Diggle in EarthX and what could be the impact to EvilGA to meeting them in this universe, particularly Felicity? Maybe that's part of the emotional component WM is talking about.

Just to be clear I'm not ok with a "dark love story" between EvilGA and Felicity. And I don't believe there is a EvilFelicity back in EarthX.

However, Felicity/Olicity must play an important part of this crossover story if Oliver is to discover the meaning of true love in the end. 

By the way, I hate the Nazi references that's why I decided to just call them Evil.

• Love 2

The cast was obviously tight lipped about the specifics of the network’s upcoming crossover, but had a lot to say about its impact, teasing us with little allusions to their favorite moments. “I got to sit in on episode eight and watch Stephen and Melissa shine,” said David Ramsey, who plays John Diggle. “I think you guys will enjoy it.”

For the Green Arrow himself, Stephen Amell, this particular crossover isn’t just a huge event story-wise, it’s also a game changer for the production of the shows going forward. “I would wager to guess that I have the most screen time in all four episodes of the crossover, so that’s been something,” he said, reflecting on how much these crossover events have grown since the beginning. “The crossovers this year took up six full weeks of shooting. I think that in order for us to continue down this path, we as productions, The CW as the network, and Warner Bros. as the studio, are going to have to fundamentally re-conceive how we execute these because this sort of broke the schedule mold.

For the Green Arrow himself, Stephen Amell, this particular crossover isn’t just a huge event story-wise, it’s also a game changer for the production of the shows going forward. “I would wager to guess that I have the most screen time in all four episodes of the crossover, so that’s been something,” he said, reflecting on how much these crossover events have grown since the beginning. “The crossovers this year took up six full weeks of shooting. I think that in order for us to continue down this path, we as productions, The CW as the network, and Warner Bros. as the studio, are going to have to fundamentally re-conceive how we execute these because this sort of broke the schedule mold.

Juliana Harkavy, who took on the mantle of the Black Canary earlier this year, couldn’t reveal much, but she was clearly exhilarated for fans to see the show. “I’m so excited,” she said. “It’s epic and the story is Odyssey-like and I’m excited for people to see that too.”

Arrow‘s resident tech genius, Felicity, plays a big part in this season’s crossover, with Emily Bett Rickards keeping her cards close to her chest. “I think what happened with Barry and Iris’ wedding is we had to get the four shows together,” Rickards said. “What’s the best way to do that? A celebration. What’s the best way to ruin a celebration? … I think that’s the best way to have this theatre of tragedy and for people to see it.”

Closing out the conversation, Amell left us with a fantastic idea of just how big the show has gotten this year. “It really is, for the first time, it’s an event,” he said. “It’s not a crossover anymore. Call it the crossover if you want. But it’s kind of like calling the Super Bowl just a football game. Yeah, sure, they play football, but there’s so much other stuff that goes on with it. It’s an event.”

https://nerdist.com/arrow-cast-talk-crossover/

• Love 2

I don't know if it will happen, but I would love if the "resistance" on Nazi earth is composed of all the sidekicks who have come together to take down Barry, Oliver, and Kara.  This is purely a wish and not based on anything I've read, but considering how diverse the supporting casts are I could see all of them being on the other side of the fight, and would certainly be better than Iris or Felicity being romantically involved with Nazis.

Edited by thegirlsleuth
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, apinknightmare said:

Nazis are trash - I don’t care about their emotions. Spend no time on them - they’re worthless. 

Yeah, the only reason to show a romance between Earth-X characters is to humanize them and I highly doubt that MG and Co. is going for a banality of evil thing. For people so obsessed with comics they sure don't think about how these things look. 

I think it is high time Oliver/Barry take a bit of a backseat in the big crossovers. Not make them complete supporting characters but let others shine. And I also think that TheCW should be treating these seperate to the show with their own budget and time frame to film. Starting the shows even 1 week earlier so they can carve out time to film properly would be for the best.

• Love 1
Just now, calliope1975 said:

The only dark love story I would be remotely interested in is Evil!Oliver and Evil!Tommy. It would also genuinely surprise me. 

X- Earth Tommy killed X-Earth Felicity out of jealousy  and forced X- Earth Oliver to become Prometheus seeking revenge on the Dark Arrow. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

-- Per WM, the crossover is "really Oliver's (Stephen Amell) story... It's Oliver and one other character in the Arrow-verse's story. It really explores the question of true love, and what does that look like? It's emotionally really compelling, and you're going to be surprised by what he learns and how he learns it and who he learns it from. It's pretty crazy stuff, I'm not going to lie." (Oct. 4, 2017 TV Guide article, page 7 of New Spoilers thread, and Oct. 4, 2017 TVGuide tweet, page 1621 of Spoiler Discussion thread)

(Valerie: "'True love!' He said, 'true love,' Max!" - The Princess Bride)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Spoilery bits from DR's FB live:

• After his last FB live, DR got a call from SA telling him what he can say, and what he can’t.
  • Yes, Lyla will be back very soon, "episode 5 or 6" (so I guess that means 6)
  • “What can I say about Olicity? It’s on fire this season, Stephen already told you guys that. You’ll see plenty of that.”
  • He, SA, and EBR shot a “dramatic, heavy” scene 2 nights ago. He refers to SA talking about shakeups in the team ranks, so there’s going to be a lot of him, SA, and EBR together, just the 3 of them.
  • “Crossovers with Stephen, and Emily in particular were grueling this year. They did such a great job, Stephen in particular. I saw him in episode 8 when I was in the editing bay with Bam, and he just rocks that whole episode.”
  • Doesn’t know what’s going to happen with Agent Watson. “Will she become a Team Arrow ally? Don’t bet on it.”
  • We’ll see a little bit of Diggle and William interacting.
  • Thinks that there should be closure with Carly and AJ, but he doesn’t know. There’s been talk about Diggle’s parents with the producers.
  • Diggle will not be joining Oliver and Felicity for Thanksgiving dinner.
Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 11
Just now, lemotomato said:

Doesn’t know what’s going to happen with Agent Watson. “Will she become a Team Arrow ally? Don’t bet on it.”

Does that wrap up in 607 and he's just teasing, or is it actually not wrapped up by 611?

1 minute ago, lemotomato said:

After his last FB live, DR got a call from SA telling him what he can say, and what he can’t.

Lol knew it

1 minute ago, lemotomato said:

He, SA, and EBR shot a “dramatic, heavy” scene 2 nights ago. He refers to SA talking about shakeups in the team ranks, so there’s going to be a lot of him, SA, and EBR together, just the 3 of them.

We’ll see a little bit of Diggle and William interacting.

Yesssss

3 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

“Crossovers with Stephen, and Emily in particular were grueling this year. They did such a great job, Stephen in particular. I saw him in episode 8 when I was in the editing bay with Bam, and he just rocks that whole episode.”

I wonder if he just means shooting wise (SA pulling double duty and being one of the leads, EBR appearing on all 4 episodes, just as presumably GG, CL, MB, CL, CP, and WM have to since they were the specific cast members named in the plot description, etc.) or if it's actually true that Oliver's plot (and then subsequently Felicity be there with him) is at the center of the crossover.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, way2interested said:

I wonder if he just means shooting wise (SA pulling double duty and being one of the leads, EBR appearing on all 4 episodes, just as presumably GG, CL, MB, CL, CP, and WM have to since they were the specific cast members named in the plot description, etc.) or if it's actually true that Oliver's plot (and then subsequently Felicity be there with him) is at the center of the crossover.

I think/hope it's the latter.

• Love 9

Finally Oliver and Felicity getting their due in a crossover. It's too bad Diggle doesn't have a big part in it per DR. It would've been a nice trio. Hopefully this is true about Olicity.

The last crossover Arrow episode was wasted opportunity + it being the 100th episode. They really missed it.

Edited by EmilyBettFan
8 hours ago, lemotomato said:

• “What can I say about Olicity? It’s on fire this season, Stephen already told you guys that. You’ll see plenty of that.”
  • He, SA, and EBR shot a “dramatic, heavy” scene 2 nights ago. He refers to SA talking about shakeups in the team ranks, so there’s going to be a lot of him, SA, and EBR together, just the 3 of them.

tenor.gif?itemid=5159202

• Love 11
20 hours ago, lemotomato said:

• After his last FB live, DR got a call from SA telling him what he can say, and what he can’t.

Thanks for the recap but I just watched a clip and he actually specifically said that the call was NOT from Stephen. LOL

Lol are they even filming on a weekend? Also how convenient that the pap or fan was allowed right up close to the grave set? 

Im not saying their fake but if they aren't I don't think it means Felicity is dead. Sorry Reddit I hope you enjoy your immense disappointment. 

Fake/Photo Shopped Reddit Dreams

Crossover Earth X Felicity

Felicity fakes her death to get out of Prison (assuming the spec about Felicity arrest is true)

Of course the fact that it only says Loving Daughter instead of Daughter/Wife/Hero makes me suspicious. I lean towards Reddit Fake or Earth X Felicity.

Edited by Morrigan2575
4 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Fake/Photo Shopped Reddit Dreams

Crossover Earth X Felicity

Felicity fakes her death to get out of Prison (assuming the spec about Felicity arrest is true)

Of course the fact that it only says Loving Daughter instead of Daughter/Wife/Hero makes me suspicious. I lean towards Reddit Fake or Earth X Felicity.

Lol I just checked the Reddit thread and not even they believe these are real or that it's not a dream sequence/earth x Felicity. So yeah swing and a miss Rogue 

• Love 1

That was posted yesterday and we're only just hearing about it? LOL.

The fact that it only says "Loving daughter" and nothing else on it, and the coffin has the Star of David, makes me think that's Earth X Felicity tbh.

I hope Reddit enjoys their pics of Felicity's gravestone! ?

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

Lol I just checked the Reddit thread and not even they believe these are real or that it's not a dream sequence/earth x Felicity. So yeah swing and a miss Rogue 

He spoiled something else for the show - I think they're probably real, just E-X, not E-1 Felicity dying like they're desperately hoping for.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I hope Reddit enjoys their pics of Felicity's gravestone! ?

If they are real they'll probably enjoy them as much as they salivate over the Felicity gets shot in the head LOT gif. Where they completely miss the point that Felicity was the last man standing against all their masked heroes who were dead and it was actually framed as a hero moment for Felicity not a diss.

• Love 11
Just now, LeighAn said:

If they are real they'll probably enjoy them as much as they salivate over the Felicity gets shot in the head LOT gif. Where they completely miss the point that Felicity was the last man standing against all their masked heroes who were dead and it was actually framed as a hero moment for Felicity not a diss.

Well, they have to get their enjoyment somewhere I suppose. Poor things! ?

• Love 3

If Earth X Felicity gets killed by Nazis in the crossover, that's gross. It's so wrong to use Nazis for entertainment value. 

7 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I hope Reddit enjoys their pics of Felicity's gravestone! 

Who enjoys a Jewish character being (probably) killed by Nazis?!? 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, DrSpaceman10 said:

Who enjoys a Jewish character being (probably) killed by Nazis?!? 

Felicity haters and Reddit probably. They just want Felicity to die.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 2

I saw those last night, i think it's earth X Felicity and that's where WM "break out the tissues" and "dark love story" (something like that) comes from. Maybe she's the one earth X Oliver lost or will lose.

Someone tell reddit to us some logic please, Emily was filming for 6x10 and 6x11 and the grave says 2017. After 6x09 the episodes are already in 2018, doesn't add up. 

Those pics actually made a lot of cool theories pop up in DMs on twitter among the fandom so there's that i guess. 

• Love 1

Considering I didn’t think Felicity would even exist on Earth-X...

I can now see why we’re getting teases about the crossover being big and a lot of work for SA/EBR and Oliver/Felicity. 

3 minutes ago, Balaclava said:

Someone tell reddit to us some logic please, Emily was filming for 6x10 and 6x11 and the grave says 2017. After 6x09 the episodes are already in 2018, doesn't add up. 

Reddit will continue to want Felicity dead up until the end of the series finale. Probably even after. Logic? What’s that?

• Love 2