Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I'm trying to wait and see how it turns out but he's not what I envisioned Ra's being.  I thought of someone more ... elegant ...  and Middle Eastern, Oded Fehr or Alexander Siddig-like.  Matt Nable looks like the footballer he was and while I have nothing against footballers, as Ra's?

Yeah I'm thinking they have something big planned for Ray Palmer. They cast a pretty recognizable actor, he's in 16 episodes, they're pairing him up with Felicity and they're promoting him a lot and already calling him a "fan favorite". If he was just to be an obstacle for Olicity the wouldn't be doing all that. I know some people were thinking spin-off or miniseries? Being a regular next season is a possibility I think. 

I don't see how they could make him a regular since the show is called "Arrow" and he's too big a name to be a sidekick (both BR and Atom)/  They should have learned from season 2 when Sara came on and the show became Arrow/Black Canary.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 2

Maybe they are pulling an Iron Man 3 with the Mandarin? He is just a front and we don't meet the really Ra's till later?

After actually reading the article: Ugh, no help there.

Edited by 10Eleven12
  • Love 1

I'm the only one trying to figure out the timeline of the episode by Felicity's dresses? I'm so confused.

I really really really REALLY don't want him to be a regular next season. That thought alone turns me off the character and I want to see him before I judge him. Because then I think that they are building up him and Felicity and then it will get serious and they will call it popular and put Oliver back with Laurel and then I will not watch the show.

I'm not saying that as an Olicity fan, I'm saying that as a fan of the show who believes Oliver/Laurel would ruin my enjoyment of Oliver.

I can't figure out the timeline either. I wonder how many days/nights the premiere is going to cover? Also, can I just say that it's so funny to me that Ray walks in all poised and douchey with a PowerPoint presentation and without a doubt that he's going to take control of that company, and Oliver's pitch to the Board seems to rely on the "hey, I came back from the dead!" angle, haha. He's so simple sometimes.

Oliver getting back with Laurel is probably the ONLY thing that could get me to stop watching this show. And I'm including possibly killing off Sara to (give me a sec...) make Laurel BC. I am just not even remotely interested in watching them rehash the mess that was their "relationship."

• Love 4

That moment where you watched the trailer like ten times, and you really want to watch it again, but you feel so giddy that if you do your blood pressure may skyrocket from the excitement and you'll have a heart attack (though what a way to go!)

just sharing my current predicament. :-p

Edited by foreverevolving
  • Love 3

Would he as Atom really fit in Arrow? I always thought he would go to Flash since Ray Palmer was Firestorms mentor. 

yeah you're probably right. Maybe they would cross him over to the Flash. 

Edited by ban1o

Maybe they are pulling an Iron Man 3 with the Mandarin? He is just a front and we don't meet the really Ra's till later?

That's my hope because my first thought when seeing his picture was a big ole Nope. And these writers love to get inspiration, or flat out steal, from other comic book movies.

I would forgive Felicity working at Tech Village if she mentions the amazing offer she got from Wayne Technology but couldn't accept because she didn't want to move to Gotham.

• Love 3

I just watched the promo again.

Any one else notice that it lead with Team Arrow, Oliver/Felicity and Action? I think the know what is gaining the most buzz.

Edited by 10Eleven12
  • Love 6

I know that guy, from Riddick. He was okay, I suppose, but everyone is overshadowed by Vin Diesel. The weird thing is, he looks more to me like I would have imagined Ted Grant. Nothing about him says Ra's al Ghul to me. The only thing Liam Neeson had going for him is the excellent facial hair and some of the presence, otherwise he wasn't a good fit either IMO.

I will be impressed by the Arrow EP's if their intent is to do a reverse of the Nolan fakeout. I'm not convinced they are that clever however, and this will most likely turn out to be exactly what we all think it is.

Edited by KirkB
  • Love 2

I getting more convinced Ray Palmer will be going to Flash. I just remembered that they cast Plastique to appear in Flash. 

Plastique is Iraq veteran and bomb disposal expert Bette Sans Souci, who gets a science explosion to the face courtesy of S.T.A.R. Labs. When she recovers, Bette discovers that she can load any object with explosive energy, making her a target for shadowy types in the U.S. government who’d like to use her as a living weapon. She’ll end up finding an ally in Grant Gustin’s Flash, who probably doesn’t look kindly on things like that.

The character was originally conceived by The Fury of Firestorm writer Gerry Conway and artist Pat Broderick back in 1982. There, she was (and keep the laughter to a minimum) a terrorist attempting to force the secession of Quebec from the rest of Canada through an attempted suicide bombing. If it weren’t for Firestorm being around to vaporize her bombs and clothing (!) she might have been blown to smithereens along with loads of civilians. Bette became a recurring character in the book, becoming a love interest for Captain Atom, and ultimately getting recruited onto the Suicide Squad.

Edited by Velocity23

I'm the only one trying to figure out the timeline of the episode by Felicity's dresses? I'm so confused.

Nops, you are not the only one and I am somehow convinced that the back cut out orange dress is from episode 2.

I mean she is wearing the boob window dress, the buy more T shirt, the beautiful peplum red date dress and the blue floral print dress in which Oliver asked her out for dinner and that is 4 different outfits which would be first because she has never worn more than 3 outfits in an episode before. Based on this very unscientific observation, I think the orange cut out dress shall appear in episode 2.

^^^

Perhaps they parted amicably and now that he has accepted that he loves Felicity, he cannot help but make heart eyes at her at every given opportunity.

I just cannot see EBT wearing five different outfits, (not to mention the Jimmy Choos she's sporting) in one episode. It will bankrupt the CW! Lolz.

Given Oliver's light-hearted smile as Felicity walks away, it seems like that takes place before whatever bad things happen 20 minutes in.

Yeah, I'd be really surprised if this happened in episode 2. The producers said that Team Arrow was firing on all cylinders in the premiere, and that's the same dress she's wearing in the preview when Digg, Roy and Oliver all come into the Arrow cave after a mission (I'd bet it's the same night that Diggle diverts the truck full of RPGs that Felicity tells him about). It probably happens really early in the ep to establish how they've all been working so well together.

Edited by apinknightmare

Ha, I've actually found myself more than once keeping track of Felicity's outfits during an ep just to keep the timeline straight.  But yeah, I've been trying to put things in order based on her and Oliver's outfit changes.  The one thing that's tripping me up is the orange dress.

Nops, you are not the only one and I am somehow convinced that the back cut out orange dress is from episode 2.

I've been thinking this since the trailer first hit at SDCC based solely on the fact that the Emily's birthday pics in that dress, if they were in fact snapped on her birthday, were taken while they were filming episode 2. 

But, like statsgirl mentions, the heart eyes they're throwing each other doesn't seem to fit post-exploding date.   Could've just been filming a pick-up shot, that's probably the simplest explanation.

Re: BR being a regular in S4?  Seems way too early to think about when S3 hasn't even hit screens yet. 

I getting more convinced Ray Palmer will be going to Flash. I just remembered that they cast Plastique to appear in Flash. 

Plastique marries Captain Atom, not Atom. Different characters with the same name because DC is dumb. Wikipedia says it best in the Atom page: This article is about the superhero who can shrink his body. For the superhero with atomic absorption and superhuman strength, see Captain Atom.

I know that guy, from Riddick. He was okay, I suppose, but everyone is overshadowed by Vin Diesel. The weird thing is, he looks more to me like I would have imagined Ted Grant. Nothing about him says Ra's al Ghul to me.

Now that you've said that, I can see it too. He would have made a spot-on Ted Grant. Weird.

I think there are two different orange-ish dresses. The first one (as seen in the new promo) is here: http://www.theoutnet.com/en-GB/product/Alice-and-Olivia/Tali-stretch-ponte-dress/419108

The second one (as seen during filming of 3x02 on CH's instagram and SA's facebook) is here: http://www.neimanmarcus.com/Theory-Wellra-Mega-Crossback-Dress/prod167820447/p.prod

Neiman Marcus even paired the second dress with the same shoes as Arrow did lol

Edited by drspaceman10
  • Love 1

I think I'm about ready to cut off the flow of spoilers.  I'm afraid by the time the show actually gets here there will be nothing left to spoil in the first episode. 

One last speculation, the big thing that sets off a mystery that goes to the midseason finale 309 - I think Sara is going to go missing and everything will be the search for Sara and also why she went missing.  We see CL in 301 but I wonder if when next we see her it will be all in flashbacks or maybe a brief shot of her captive somewhere in the present too. 

• Love 2

I think there are two different orange-ish dresses. The first one (as seen in the new promo) is here: http://www.theoutnet.com/en-GB/product/Alice-and-Olivia/Tali-stretch-ponte-dress/419108

That's definitely the one where she walks away from Oliver as he's smiling at her.  (Also, I want that dress in navy.)

(We really need new spoilers if we've taken to analyzing Felicity's dresses now.)

ETA:  wasn't there a spoiler that Oliver's goes after an international bad guy?  Somehow I equated that with Sara looking for him/her.

Edited by statsgirl

I mean she is wearing the boob window dress, the buy more T shirt, the beautiful peplum red date dress and the blue floral print dress in which Oliver asked her out for dinner and that is 4 different outfits which would be first because she has never worn more than 3 outfits in an episode before. Based on this very unscientific observation, I think the orange cut out dress shall appear in episode 2.

If this is the same dress

e6249ae2fbe78016e7624d68e6e108f2.jpg

then it's from 3.02...unless they have her wearing the same dress in back to back episodes which would indicate a cliff hanger.

Edited by Morrigan2575

Thanks, drspaceman10, that the first suggestion I've seen that they're two different orange dresses.  Which definitely clears up the confusion, but is weird, nonetheless (seriously costume department, there are other colors, as nice as the orange is).

BkWurm1, I love your spec about Sara missing, that makes perfect sense (not that I want Sara to be missing, but it would explain Nyssa's scenes with the Lances, sans Sara).

Question: If Felicity IS working at Tech Village, I wonder why she's so dressed up in the other shot of the Arrow cave. Did she put that orange dress on just to go there? I get the boob window since she went with Oliver to QC in a professional capacity, but the orange dress wouldn't really make sense to just go into a basement for a few hours. Maybe she had a job interview? Maybe I need to shut this Firefox window and call it a night?

It's not the dress I would advise wearing to an interview unless you have really good idiosyncrasy credits.

Maybe Ray Palmer has already gone after her and offered her a job back in the Applied Sciences division of QC?  (After the "I hope you're not stalking me" line.) Not the dress to wear for an interview, but fine for working after she's got the job.

• Love 1

then it's from 3.02...unless they have her wearing the same dress in back to back episodes which would indicate a cliff hanger.

That shot with Oliver giving her heart eyes when she's walking out of the lair has got to be before their date though. I imagine he might try to keep all that locked down after they break it off. Unless the date is in the middle of the ep and the last half is....yeah, I'm going to stop trying to figure this out.

Ha, apinknightmare, I was wondering the same thing about Felicity dressing for the Arrow Cave after work.  She could have been somewhere in between, but I figure it's more likely the costume department is just overly fond of putting Felicity in pretty clothes and just can't bring themselves to buy the girl a pair of jeans.

Yeah, the heart eyes shot has Oliver in his Arrow gear, so I'm guessing it's either the night before or the night of (leaning towards night of) and she's heading home to change. 

If Sara disappears again, it would suck because they can't get much legitimate help looking for her. You'd think that between her and Oliver Queen, the media would just be like "nope, fool me once..."

yes it is because the episode 2 director tweeted this and another photo like this one saying that this is from the set when she was directing.

All this info and no real context is starting to make my head spin.

SA is right about there being a lot in this episode. Now I'm trying to figure out where the hospital/kiss scene fits in.

• Love 1

The second one (as seen during filming of 3x02 on CH's instagram and SA's facebook) is here: http://www.neimanmarcus.com/Theory-Wellra-Mega-Crossback-Dress/prod167820447/p.prod

Neiman Marcus even paired the second dress with the same shoes as Arrow did lol

Ah

If they are two different dresses in almost same colors that she wore in back to back episodes then the wardrobe department needs to be fired.

Not to throw a monkey wrench in here, but are we sure that trailer is ONLY for the first episode. I'm thinking about last season when they had the two minute movie trailer for the back half of s2.  Maybe this is a similar thing and is spanning a couple episodes?.

• Love 1

Hospital kiss - Same day as the QC meeting since Felicity's still wearing the purple dress, but later in the day since Oliver has changed out of his suit. 

Edited by JenMD

Not to throw a monkey wrench in here, but are we sure that trailer is ONLY for the first episode. I'm thinking about last season when they had the two minute movie trailer for the back half of s2.  Maybe this is a similar thing and is spanning a couple episodes?.

It's definitely a combination of more than one ep. I just figure because they break things off at the end of the ep, all parts where Oliver and Felicity are giving each other the "look" has to be from the premiere.

Ha, apinknightmare, I was wondering the same thing about Felicity dressing for the Arrow Cave after work.  She could have been somewhere in between, but I figure it's more likely the costume department is just overly fond of putting Felicity in pretty clothes and just can't bring themselves to buy the girl a pair of jeans.

Yeah, the heart eyes shot has Oliver in his Arrow gear, so I'm guessing it's either the night before or the night of (leaning towards night of) and she's heading home to change. 

It can't be the night of, because she's in her Tech Village uni talking to Oliver about where they should eat later and it's already dark outside. Unless she changes to go to the lair and then goes home to change again, haha.

Not to throw a monkey wrench in here, but are we sure that trailer is ONLY for the first episode. I'm thinking about last season when they had the two minute movie trailer for the back half of s2. Maybe this is a similar thing and is spanning a couple episodes?.

It's the first 3 episodes, we have Vertigo 2.0 (301) Komodo (302), scenes from Corto Maltese (303 shoot out) and scenes of Thea/Malcolm (303). The Ray, Sara, Laurel and Lance scenes are from 301 as well.

Edited by Morrigan2575

It can't be the night of, because she's in her Tech Village uni talking to Oliver about where they should eat later and it's already dark outside. Unless she changes to go to the lair and then goes home to change again, haha.

Oh good grief, I forgot it was already dark out.  I actually wouldn't it past them to have her change to go to the lair, then change again for the date.  But I may have to officially give up on guessing because I'm getting to the point where I need a chart to keep track of things.  Heh.

Edited by JenMD

I have a feeling we are way off base on something, I don't know what it is yet but I think we are going to be shocked when the episode is over. 

Yeah, we're all ten kinds of wrong and I'm okay with it.

Oh good grief, I forgot it was already dark out.  I actually wouldn't it past them to have her change to go to the lair, then change again for the date.  But I may have to officially give up on guessing because I'm getting to the point where I may need a chart to keep track of things.  Heh.

Unless that was tricky editing and Oliver and Felicity aren't having the same conversation - his side is from the night of the date, and hers is from another. But that's probably not it.

Maybe Felicity changes at work.  It looks like Diggle and Roy are just coming back when she walks out and it's not quite dark in the exterior shot so maybe she's on her way to work?.

I like Oliver's little smile when Lance says "Got a hot date tonight or somethin'?"  

Five weeks still to go? Seriously?

Oof, that trailer was ten kinds of awesome. Action, quips, Olicity, Diggle being a man of action - these are all good things.

I'm a little ashamed to say that since Brandon Routh short-circuits my brain (he ticks all my boxes in the looks department) I'm just looking forward to the eye candy.

Agree with the outrage on white-washing Ra's. I mean, come ON. Hopefully this is some kind of misdirect.

I think I'm about ready to cut off the flow of spoilers.  I'm afraid by the time the show actually gets here there will be nothing left to spoil in the first episode.

Yep although I have thoroughly enjoyed the spoiler talk over the last few months, since I'm in for this season it's almost time to bail, unfortunately, and try to ignore the 'new posts' flag on the spoiler topic!

I think I'll join pootlus and BkWurm1 in weening myself from the spoiler thread and spoilery discussions. There's just been so much shown/revealed in interviews already! I would like to be a little bit surprised by a few things for the upcoming premiere.

... Starting Monday. (God, my self-control when it comes to this show is awful!)

• Love 2

Isn't the premiere supposed to open with a montage action sequence at the beginning? Maybe O/S have convo about not being their masks and needing other people. Next day O asks F out (blue dress). She shows up at lair that night in orange dress. Following day purple dress for QC meetings/hospital kiss. Day 3 she's in Tech Village outfit and later they have Italian (red dress).

Yep although I have thoroughly enjoyed the spoiler talk over the last few months, since I'm in for this season it's almost time to bail, unfortunately, and try to ignore the 'new posts' flag on the spoiler topic!

I know I haven't figured out how to break the habit.  I don't think there has been a day since hiatus that I haven't check the forums and this thread.  Must.  Resist. Shiny.  Things.

Eh, diet starts Monday.  One last weekend to bing on all the spoilery goodness. 

Edited to say, I swear I hadn't read Sleepdeprived's post when I wrote this.  Glad to know I'm not alone in wanting to put it off. 

Edited by BkWurm1