Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, LeighAn said:

Well I'm taking Stephen saying he "hopes" for a wedding as a spoiler for a wedding so I'm good on that front haha but yeah it'd be nice to hear some buzz.

Has anyone quashed the idea of a wedding yet?

If not I'm going with the theory that SA is throwing the idea out in the universe, fandom goes wild but they won't spoil anything until later. They don't need to since Twitter is already planning a wedding. 

And MG added fuel to the fire without confirming anything when he gave out a hypothetical wedding song. 

Haha that's my theory!

Just now, Mellowyellow said:

Has anyone quashed the idea of a wedding yet?

If not I'm going with the theory that SA is throwing the idea out in the universe, fandom goes wild but they won't spoil anything until later. They don't need to since Twitter is already planning a wedding. 

And MG added fuel to the fire without confirming anything when he gave out a hypothetical wedding song. 

Haha that's my theory!

Pretty much Stephen said that Oliver proposed he has the ring and he has been waiting around for Felicity to marry him so he hopes it happens. Or something to that effect.

So I say spoiler! 

• Love 2

I'm hoping that PB's absence (though I suppose he could show up for the panel) is simply due to them realizing they had a lot of people going and offered him the time off and has nothing to do with what's happening in season 6. 

I really can't see them killing off Lance since they can come up with stories for him and Dinah and him and BS. I can't see them not taking the opportunity to explore either relationship. 

• Love 3

To be honest Paul never looked like he enjoyed SDCC all that much anyway so it could merely be that he elected to bow out since the newbies are going.

And come on- Siren is such a lame duck villain she's like the Elmer Fudd of villains, I don't think she has the talent to be able to kill Lance. 

• Love 3
46 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

That's cute. Though I never really got the fuss with Raisa? She was barely in the show. I feel like fandom hyped her importance more than anything. But I guess that'll be changing now!

Yep, never got the fandom hype for that character but, I'm happy fandom is happy

• Love 1

EBR did a 2 truths/1 lie thing in one interview and it's confusing me. She said Olicity is a) already married, b) getting married, c) never getting married. We know they are getting married so IDGI. Haha.

From what I heard, EK suggested she switch it or change it up or something. I think she switched it.  After SA apparently said something to her about expecting a call Monday morning.

Its cool Stephen. JBuffy already told on you.

Unless Olicity is already married secretly and they are having a second ceremony for everyone, it can't be two truths and a lie.

I think Raise is important to the fandom as a contrast to Moira, a loving mother-substitute who in fanon taught Oliver to cook.

I looked up Kathleen Gati's IMDB page.  It's pretty impressive.  Not just a day player.

• Love 1

Maybe they had a "thank God you're alive, let's get married here and now" moment after being reunited and then decide to have an actual wedding at some point?

I was a bit confused if EBR told 2 lies or 2 truths with all the talking going on. 

6 hours ago, Angel12d said:

So...PB isn't there. I'm now seriously considering that Lance might be dead. 

It's not just the BS storyline that they'd be sacrificing, but also their Rene/Lance bromance and Lance helping to cover for Mayor Queen at city hall.  Would they give up how very useful he'd be specifically this year just so they could have "consequences" to the explosion on the island?  

• Love 2

I don't like that they keep bringing up Curtis when talking about Felicity in the workplace. She's earned Smoak Tech (?), he hasn't. So, I don't mind if he's involved a little, as long as it's mostly Felicity's story.  

• Love 2

I forgot which interview I was watching - it was one of the whole cast ones - I basically became resigned to Samantha dying. And adding in that bit about Samantha running off after William ... 

I think if Samantha lives or isn't in a coma for months, it will be the biggest surprise of the premiere. 

(edited)

Of course he's a terrible dad when they're probably pushing  him fully into it and giving him a traumatized kid who doesn't know him and for who he only ever brought danger.I really don't care about this storyline at all,idk why they think it fits this type of show.Plus I don't think the kid they cast can pull of a complicated relationship storyline tbh.

Edited by tangerine95
  • Love 3

I had a feeling they'd show new island footage so nothing I didn't expect but that trailer was so underwhelming? I could hardly see any of it, it was so dark. Meh.

Am I wrong, or are the only ones we see alive off the island in that trailer (besides Oliver and Myson) Slade, Dinah and BS? 

Also, I get that Oliver probably didn't have anywhere to leave William, but I don't know how I feel about him taking him with him onto the island post-explosion when he could very well find his mother's body very, very burned and very, very dead. 

(edited)
3 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Am I wrong, or are the only ones we see alive off the island in that trailer (besides Oliver and Myson) Slade, Dinah and BS? 

Pretty much. The CW is really excited for the 10 million viewers the Reddit fans claim Canaries bring to the ratings. Game of Thrones who?

Edited by LeighAn
  • Love 1
(edited)

I'm pretty sure Samantha is dead. I have a feeling Thea might be injured. I couldn't care less about all the Canaries fighting. Meh. That's gonna get old quick. Trailer needed more Felicity and Diggle. 

Edited by Guest

The Flash trailer was better....and I hate the Flash haha.

On the plus side I thought the shot of Oliver and William on the burnt out Island was especially cinematic for this show.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

You were not wrong. Someone's in the hospital, but who knows who that is.

Haha, this is so boring. None of this is making me excited for s6 tbh. Yikes. I'm so glad the rest of today was fun.

Wasn't there talk about redeeming Slade? How is that happening at all when it looks like he goes, "you can all die. I'm going to save myself."? I'm guessing maybe he doesn't leave them and that's going to be a "surprise" for the premiere? But I had enough of "let's pretend Slade is a bad guy, no he's good, no bad, no good" in the finale. 

10 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Stephen said that Oliver isn't a great dad. Which I figured, but still. LOOK, I DON'T CARE ABOUT THIS KID BUT I DON'T WANT TO HAVE TO WATCH THAT AND OLIVER BEING A TERRIBLE DAD.

Yeah its to be expected since they only met a handful of times as "Mommy's friend" (and  how is that not insanely creepy?) and both are traumatised but I'm not really looking forward to Oliver failing as a Dad before either giving him back to his mother, should she be alive, or asking Raisa to be his substitute grandmother. I know SA has wanted this for a while but they do have a habit taking an story and writing in a way no human would behave ever. Doesn't help in the slightest that the young actor JM doesn't seem ready for an emotional arc. But seriously Olicity/Felicity are most definitely not to blame for "soap opera plots".

• Love 6

Not gonna mince words, that was kinda pretty sucktastic for the S6 hype trailer. It was just so... Meh? And, dear Lord, they're really gonna subject us to scenes where the William actor tries to act out a plot line of someone who's been severely traumatized?

Brooklyn99Insider-Rosa-Beatriz-Trainwrec

• Love 9
Just now, strikera0 said:

Michael Emerson is one of the best villain actors out there. They better not waste him. 

Please be good. Please be good. Please be good.

But really I think he's the kind of actor who could make reading the phone book exciting dynamic interesting and complex so I'm feeling pretty happy with this choice?

• Love 8
(edited)
17 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Also, I get that Oliver probably didn't have anywhere to leave William, but I don't know how I feel about him taking him with him onto the island post-explosion when he could very well find his mother's body very, very burned and very, very dead. 

Well they've "officially announced "those characters are back/have been given new series regular status but they've obviously been told to not confirm anything else, despite people realising certain characters have to be back.

Love the ME casting and I've loved David Nykl since SGA so more of him is always welcome, can he and Oliver mend their break up, which was about 1000 times as emotional as the Susan "sorry bye the writers have ended our storyline" break up was.

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 1