Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I'm insanely looking forward to the Felicity episode, I have to say. It's way past time that the girl got a decent backstory, and I can't wait to see both what Emily does with it and how (if at all) it ties into the present day.

• Love 2

Mama Smoak is in the present for sure, she filmed with SA last Monday. The ex could be in the present as well...maybe he is looking for help? Maybe he's the villain of the week? it's all still pretty vague but im very curious.

I'm also curious to see the title for 306, we know Cupid is in it but it's supposed to be a Roy centric episode.

• Love 2

Is it just me, or do you guys think that the first half of the season is going to be character building and more episodic (until episode 8), and the second half of the season will be more plot and a longer arc with Ra's Al Ghul coming to Starling? If so, I wonder if episode 7 will be focused on Laurel or oliver because those are the two who are left... 

God I hope it's not Laurel.

Is it just me, or do you guys think that the first half of the season is going to be character building and more episodic (until episode 8), and the second half of the season will be more plot and a longer arc with Ra's Al Ghul coming to Starling? If so, I wonder if episode 7 will be focused on Laurel or oliver because those are the two who are left... 

God I hope it's not Laurel.

Ha.

You may be right and if so, that seems a better structure than last year (which started out with a bang, got derailed, then finished with another bang). Better to start off quiet and build the tension, IMO.

Thanks to statsgirl's post in the "Seeing Red" thread, I am now utterly convinced that Ra's Al Ghul has been hiding in plain sight all along. Raisa = Ra's. The name totally fits.

• Love 4

I think Quentin will be more over the first part of the season trying to adapt to administration instead of being out in the field.  The others are more adventure/fighting villains.

I like that Mama Smoak is in both present day scenes with Oliver and flashbacks to Felicity's old boyfriend -- it's a way to get into the flashbacks rather than having them disjointed or just stuck in there.

(I'm looking forward to Felicity's origins episode; I just hope that there isn't so much of her that the audience starts disliking her. It's a fine line to walk when the character isn't Oliver.)

Unless he isn't the love interest and her love interest is Ra's. If I remember correctly she has an affair with him in the comics. Could that be why we haven't heard about his casting yet? And are they setting up her leaving with him at the Season 3 to really train.

Can you imagine Liam Neeson as KC's love interest?

ETA:

I am now utterly convinced that Ra's Al Ghul has been hiding in plain sight all along. Raisa = Ra's. The name totally fits.

That would be so hilarious!

Edited by statsgirl

I'm a little terrified of the Cupid episodes. I have this fear that Oliver has a one night stand and she follows him around and finds out he is the Arrow. Then she goes after Felicity or Laurel (honestly, I don't know what I would hate more). It just screams of stupid Oliver decisions and Damsel in Distress. 

Too much Felicity? I'm totally a fan, but I'm worried about that too. The CW has a hard time writing the female love interest and now that Felicity is in the romantic lead role I'm a little concerned. I'm trying to stay positive and tell myself that the writers seem to have a firm grasp on her character (in comparison to Laurel) and that EBR seems to be pretty happy with the direction. EBR seems to value and understand her character's development.

The problem with last season is it felt like two different shows. Hopefully this year the story lines won't be so disjointed. 

• Love 4

Can you imagine Liam Neeson as KC's love interest?

ETA:

That would be so hilarious!

DO. NOT. even. joke, about this.

knock on wood, throw some salt over the shoulder. hamsa, hamsa, hamsa (look it up).

have I forgotten anything?

ETA:

regarding Cupid and Roy.

didn't they say at comic-con that Roy will be sort of moving on relationship wise as well? i wonder if this is what they meant?

Okay now i am 85% convinced (with no actual evidence mind you) this Cupid thing is about Roy rather than Oliver.

Edited by foreverevolving

I would love to see a deranged woman pursuing Roy and Colton's resulting brilliant 'stunned mullet' expression.  He can do snark and shocked pretty well, I'll give him that.

Edit: even better if Thea shows up briefly and puts an arrow in her, saying "Bitch, please."

Edited by pootlus
  • Love 5

Because I like to make up my own stuff, and I can't be proven wrong until the show comes back, I'm going to say Laurel receives some kind of brain trauma (or is tranqued one too many times by Nyssa) and forgets who is she. That's where the whole am I me or am I my sister thing comes in, and also why she takes on a new persona and becomes Cupid. Because that, to me, would be much more fun to watch that...anything else I have heard about Laurel, perhaps even since the series began.

• Love 3

ETA:

regarding Cupid and Roy.

didn't they say at comic-con that Roy will be sort of moving on relationship wise as well? i wonder if this is what they meant?

Okay now i am 85% convinced (with no actual evidence mind you) this Cupid thing is about Roy rather than Oliver.

I would watch that. Colton so needs a stalker!

In any case, because she is cupid, she should go after Red Arrow instead of Green Arrow.

• Love 1

I'm thinking she meets the ex in flashbacks. Maybe she comes in MIT to bail Felicity out of trouble (based off of that small clip)?

Felicity already has a storyline with Oliver and Ray in the present, I don't want to throw the ex into the mix.

Maybe Mama Smoak is the one that calls the FBI on the hacker ex-boyfriend? Which causes more tension between Felicity and a Mom, who seemingly doesn't understand her and and her choices (men, computers, lifestyle). It could've been the catalyst that pushes Felicity toward completing her studies at MIT and opting to lead her "boring, IT life" far away from Vegas (and her mother).

Totally cool with Red Arrow being the one that Cupid stalks rather than Green Arrow. But if it has to be GA then I hope Cupid's focus will really be with Arrow and not Oliver Queen. I don't see the point in Cupid finding out his real identity. Only the really big bads/gray-area characters ought to be the ones privy to that detail. Otherwise, what the heck's the point of hooding up if the small fry start finding out that Arrow is Oliver Queen? Might as well do what Smallville-Oliver did and hold a press conference telling everyone who he is.

NY Fashion Week is 9/4-9/11 (news always makes a big deal about it).  

I know she filmed 2-3 days for 305 (Monday with an extra playing a cop, Friday night with "ted" and 
"ted" was on set yesterday so I'm assuming she filmed with him yesterday as well).  

306 films from 9/5-9/16 so it's possible she misses 306 or she has a very small role, like 1 scene.

So i am guessing there will be no major developments with Laurel at least till 309. Since we know 306 is Roy centric and Cupid shows up. 307 most likely deals with Cupid and her obsession with Arrow, 308 is the crossover event with the Flash. 

I just saw this posting on Tumblr where Katrina Law describes Nyssa's first meeting with Laurel. She says that Laurel is doing something physical and Nyssa is impressed by her. I have to assume that she's talking about an upcoming scene this season because the description doesn't fit anything that happened last season. I wonder what Laurel is doing...

Edited by strikera0

UGH. This is exactly what I did not want them to do. Laurel instant fighter. JFC, that's called propping, having other characters "legitimize" Laurel as fighter isn't the same as showing us Laurel *becoming*  fighter. and spare me that she's that good in 5-8 months. Show us that she SUCKS, but if she sticks with it she'll gain the skills. Okay I'm gonna keep calm and hope Katrina is overselling it.

• Love 3

I'm cool with them showing Laurel training because with as much as she has been DID it makes sense. I'm not cool with her being good enough to impress Nyssa (though maybe she has really low expectations).

But I will really be pissed if Oliver is training her, because I call BS on that. It better be Ted Grant.

So they are going to have Nyssa talk about awesome Laurel is to show us how she is meant to be the BC. The EP's have to know that never works. That usually makes the character more hated.

If your character has to be propped up by other characters talking about them, then there is something wrong with the writing of that character.

• Love 8

Someone here post a spoiler, about them doing none Team Arrow flashbacks around 2x23. Could it be that the Nyssa, Laurel, and Lance scene could be one of those? Again, I don't know the source, but I read that in one of these threads the other day. Could they be flashing back to after Felicity injected Slade, and Laurel was punching the mirakuru soldier? I mean, they've already met and had a scene together in the finale (though very little dialogue), unless she was just talking about S3. 

Without context it's hard to know what or when she's referring to. These writers leave all kinds of things on the cutting room floor (looking at you Roy) it's very possible that she was referring to a deleted scene in S2 (Laurel fighting the assassin that kidnaps her mother in the hospital or fighting one of Slade minions in the finale come to mind as possible deleted scenes.)  I generally don't describe seeing someone I've worked with before as our first of something, unless it is a first and we know Nyssa and Laurel have had scenes together in the past.

It's also completely possible she is talking about S3 and the writers are going with, "look, isn't Laurel fab" in all storylines. I'm trying to bury my head in the sand on this issue until I see for myself.

• Love 3

I guess it could be from last season, but when Nyssa was around Laurel, she was either damseled or shooting her with a tranq. So what she was impressed with? That Laurel knows how to get knocked out really well?

If it's this season, I really see no earthy reason why Nyssa would have any scenes with Laurel. The only reason I could see the writers doing it is because they want to show people that Nyssa thinks Laurel is awesome so we should too. 

• Love 2

It has to be Sara-related. There seems to be a lot of scenes aroung Quentin, Nyssa and Laurel based off of Paul's tweets.

The introduction of Felicity and Nyssa was a highlight. Nyssa seems impressed or intrigued by Felicity.  I'm wondered if they are trying to duplicate that with Laurel.

• Love 1

Unless Sara is missing or dead, there is no reason for Nyssa to even want to see Laurel or Quentin.

It just seem like the writers 1 millionth way to get people to like Laurel. People like Nyssa, so Nyssa being amazed by Laurel will make people amazed by Laurel too. I'm sure she'll also have tons of scenes with Felicity as well, where Felicity has to mention how great it is having Laurel around. 

• Love 4

Apart from being Sara's sister, Laurel is the DA and Lance is the Chief of Police or stg and this episode is Malcom related, who is a wanted criminal. So, I suppose it can be about the Dark Archer .

Why would any member of the League especially the daughter of the demon care about talking to the police or a DA about Malcolm? They are the freaking League of Assassins, they shouldn't need help to find, kill or capture anyone. I wasn't impressed with any of Arrow's villains last season so I don't want them ruining the LOA and Ra's al Ghul. 

Edited by Sakura12

If they do need to speak to the local law enforcement, Sara should be the go between. Honestly, these spoilers make me more curious about Sara then anything else. I am looking forward to Quentin and Nyssa scenes though. 

Yes I'd seen something somewhere about Paul saying he had been doing a lot of filming with Katrina and KC, and I don't know what's up with that. Like 10Eleven12 says, it mainly makes me wondering what in the world is up with Sara. I really can't imagine any other possible reason Nyssa would be dealing with Quentin and Laurel.

Yes I'd seen something somewhere about Paul saying he had been doing a lot of filming with Katrina and KC, and I don't know what's up with that. Like 10Eleven12 says, it mainly makes me wondering what in the world is up with Sara. I really can't imagine any other possible reason Nyssa would be dealing with Quentin and Laurel.

I hope they aren't turning Sara into a DID. But I worry that is the reason for these types of scenes.

Nyssa and Quentin scenes will be gold…

Arrow-3x01-The-CW-2.jpg

Looks like Channel 52 news is totally getting scooped, and after their hard-hitting reporting during the mirakurocalypse and ARGUS invasion, no less? What a shame.

Also, Laurel looks so Stepford here, it's creepy.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1

The cast looks great but I really want to see the promotional photos, not the screenshots. I'm pretty sure Supernaturals' was already released and I know Reign has released some. Why the holdout? :-(

O/L look like brother and sister. Just so proud of Dad. lol Laurel does look a lot better in that photo then she did all last season. 

The DID is the role of the romantic lead, but only if you are on the female side of that equation. I'm not looking forward to Felicity being the DID, but I know its going to happen. Seriously though, if Cupid has to go after Oliver can you make him a Dude in Distress. Felicity can save him. 

I love it anytime Sara is referenced as the Black Canary. Makes me happy.

• Love 4

Also, Laurel looks so Stepford here, it's creepy.

There is something very strange about the fit of that suit. That might be just me though - I think a lot of Laurel's suits fit oddly. Also, why is Oliver dressed so casually?

Edited by Starfish35

For what it's worth, AFAIK as of this morning Supernatural has not released a trailer. They had one sizzle teaser for comic con, a bad retrospective trailer about the 10th season and  200th episode trailer and a crappy poster came out yesterday.   And I have been waiting with baited breath.  

ETA: And they just released some promo pics.  NEVER MIND LOL

Edited by catrox14

There is something very strange about the fit of that suit. That might be just me though - I think a lot of Laurel's suits fit oddly. Also, why is Oliver dressed so casually?

This is going to come off catty and I honestly don't mean it that way, but her clothes on the show always seem to fit weird in the boob area. IDK if it's something to do with her posture or just bad CW tailoring, because the clothes that she wears on her site don't seem to have that same issue. It could be the cut of the clothes or maybe blazers just aren't her thing.

Oliver looks like he saw them as he was walking by and decided to just mosey on over into the background of Lance's press conference so he could say hello.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1

NY Fashion Week is 9/4-9/11 (news always makes a big deal about it).  

I know she filmed 2-3 days for 305 (Monday with an extra playing a cop, Friday night with "ted" and 

"ted" was on set yesterday so I'm assuming she filmed with him yesterday as well).  

306 films from 9/5-9/16 so it's possible she misses 306 or she has a very small role, like 1 scene.

There was no KC is episode 6 and 8 in previous season as well. Looks like they are keeping up with the tradition.

This is going to come off catty and I honestly don't mean it that way, but her clothes on the show always seem to fit weird in the boob area. IDK if it's something to do with her posture or just bad CW tailoring, because the clothes that she wears on her site don't seem to have that same issue. It could be the cut of the clothes or maybe blazers just aren't her thing.

I'm going to go with bad CW tailoring. The thing just looks like it doesn't fit. I actually don't remember her having this issue in season one, but I have not liked the suits they've been putting her in lately. I thought that blue suit she was wearing in (I think) League of Assassins was terrible.

And so I'm not singling out Laurel, I can't say I'm crazy about that purple boob window dress on Felicity either.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 2