Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

29 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

That would be interesting but, sadly I think the fans put more importance on the Slade/Felicity connection (especially his last comments in 223) than the writers ☹

Oh, I don't think it's because it's an important connection necessarily, just that she had a hand in him being taken down, and no one else that we think has been taken did. I think it would be neat if the villains had to help someone they'd previously hurt or who had been "hurt" by them.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 3

Slade did specifically mention Felicity on his appearance in S3 and "whoever you love the most" was the final play in his S2. So the show does have them connected, but I think William/Samantha would be Oliver's priority so maybe if they're with Thea he does send Merlyn to get them because Thea wouldn't let MM hurt W/S. If Oliver does trust Slade to go rescue Felicity when the last thing he said to him was a veiled threat to her then he's even dumber than I thought. Of course they'll probably conveniently forget that. 

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

Slade did specifically mention Felicity on his appearance in S3 and "whoever you love the most" was the final play in his S2. So the show does have them connected, but I think William/Samantha would be Oliver's priority so maybe if they're with Thea he does send Merlyn to get them because Thea wouldn't let MM hurt W/S. If Oliver does trust Slade to go rescue Felicity when the last thing he said to him was a veiled threat to her then he's even dumber than I thought. Of course they'll probably conveniently forget that. 

I don't think it'll actually go down that way - I just thought it might be interesting since obviously Oliver's going to have to trust them if there's a 'can't save everyone' scenario that he has to farm out to the bad guys for help. The safest way to go would be to have Boomerang get Felicity, Malcolm get Thea, and Slade get Diggle (assuming anyone gets to pick who they go after, and assuming they're all separated, which they might not be).

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 2
(edited)
4 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I don't think it'll actually go down that way - I just thought it might be interesting since obviously Oliver's going to have to trust them if there's a 'can't save everyone' scenario that he has to farm out to the bad guys for help. The safest way to go would be to have Boomerang get Felicity, Malcolm get Thea, and Slade get Diggle (assuming anyone gets to pick who they go after).

I think it would be very cool of the villains were forced to help the people they hurt.

Although Merlyn has hurt so many, kidnapped William for Darhk, brainwashed Thea into killing Sara, brainwashed Alex into kidnapping Thea which ultimately lead to Alex's death.

He'd be a very busy boy on that island ?? maybe he could, save Thea, Samantha and William. Samantha counts as his 2nd Thea issue.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I don't think it'll actually go down that way - I just thought it might be interesting since obviously Oliver's going to have to trust them if there's a 'can't save everyone' scenario that he has to farm out to the bad guys for help. The safest way to go would be to have Boomerang get Felicity, Malcolm get Thea, and Slade get Diggle (assuming anyone gets to pick who they go after, and assuming they're all separated, which they might not be).

I actually think some version of what you describe is possible, maybe that's a condition of Slade's help. What if they are all supposed to rendezvous somewhere after Oliver deals with Chase and everyone shows up but Slade is taking too long to arrive with Felicity... dun dun dun...then Diggle calls Oliver an idiot. Actually, it will be interesting to see if they will explain Oliver reaching out to the bad guys beyond he's desperate. 

11 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

He'd be a very busy boy on that island ?? maybe he could, save Thea, Samantha and William. Samantha counts as his 2nd Thea issue.

Haha, William would probably be happy to see his BFF Merlyn again. 

Edited by leopardprint

All of this speculation is assuming that Oliver would know where everyone is to send a specific person to get a specific person. Do they have trackers? Is Chase going to leave him a map? Would Oliver even have any reason to believe that someone is where Chase says they are?

Edited by insomniadreams88
  • Love 1

I think Team Villain would need to split up because they don't know where they are (I am assuming some sort of time constraints from Chase) but maybe Team Arrow+ is all being held at Fyer's camp?

Edited by leopardprint
8 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

All of this speculation is assuming that Oliver would know where everyone is to send a specific person to get a specific person. 

Not necessarily - they could just ~coincidentally wind up rescuing these people because they're the ones they happen to come across.

• Love 3

I think they love Barrowman so much, they're going to give him a big heroic death to redeem him.

Going by that quote, I'm still convinced Malcolm loves Oliver more than he ever loved Tommy.

• Love 3

C-iz5LkUMAAwI3j.thumb.jpg.3461d33e73392cb27c855f07e7119d09.jpg

Pleasant subject matter aside, something else I like about the photo is that it was probably taken at the same time of that photo (from the other 520 scene) he posted a month ago. And now I'm wondering how many he took and what are they doing just sitting around on his phone?

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

I posted the tweet in Social Media. Should I spoiler tag?

I cannot wait for Wednesday. Guess he can let his little shipper heart shine again. 

He's such a shipper!!!!!!

ETA: Maybe that's why he was so grumpy at the Olicity questions in 5A press. Imagine having to repress your shipper instincts!

Edited by Mellowyellow
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Pleasant subject matter aside, something else I like about the photo is that it was probably taken at the same time of that photo (from the other 520 scene) he posted a month ago. And now I'm wondering how many he took and what are they doing just sitting around on his phone?

I felt bad, my first thoughts were that along with "so I guess here we get the answer to why he got rid of the sleeveless look," instead of, you know, the more pleasant and obvious things.

• Love 5
Just now, way2interested said:

I felt bad, my first thoughts were that along with "so I guess here we get the answer to why he got rid of the sleeveless look," instead of, you know, the more pleasant and obvious things.

That was my second thought. After I stopped swooning from the all the heart eyes in that pic.

• Love 3

How are the eps that Wendy writes?

Her interviews make me nervous!

I thought 519 was very well written in terms of balancing both Oliver and Felicity. They let Felicity have her victory (and that speech about carrying the burden! OMG!) but Oliver also came off as fairly sympathetic imo. 

I hope the pair who write 520 can do the same! 

2 hours ago, lemotomato said:

C-iz5LkUMAAwI3j.thumb.jpg.3461d33e73392cb27c855f07e7119d09.jpg

They are soooo pretty?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, leopardprint said:

I like how most of us are assuming it was Oliver's fault. I mean, obviously, but poor Oliver, look at his face. 

Nah. There's some out there who think it's Felicity's fault. She's gonna turn him down and break his heart again! She's the devil apparently. (Bizarrely this is coming from Olicity fans!)

This is partly why I'm kinda dreading the post sex talk. Like, what the hell happens to do such a 180. 

At least they'll look pretty together though. That chemistry!

Edited by Guest

I'm tending to think it will be a mutual decision/discussion of this was a one time thing nature. I mean until 5x05 Olicity seemed to be up in the air as to where they stood, and in fact were rather flirty at times, which does suggest their wasn't ill will between them from someone doing something 'wrong'. 

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

I'm tending to think it will be a mutual decision/discussion of this was a one time thing nature. I mean until 5x05 Olicity seemed to be up in the air as to where they stood, and in fact were rather flirty at times, which does suggest their wasn't ill will between them from someone doing something 'wrong'. 

I think this is likely or some sort of mini rehash of 415/416 with no forward movement unless they totally retcon 505. 

Edited by leopardprint
11 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Nah. There's some out there who think it's Felicity's fault. She's gonna turn him down and break his heart again! She's the devil apparently. (Bizarrely this is coming from Olicity fans!)

This is partly why I'm kinda dreading the post sex talk. Like, what the hell happens to do such a 180. 

At least they'll look pretty together though. That chemistry!

I tend to think that even if they both mutually agree that this was a one time thing that didn't mean anything, that Oliver will do something that makes him seem like he doesn't really think that (maybe even before they agree it didn't mean anything.  And since none of the reasons that Felicity had broken up with him had changed, she couldn't risk it again.

So in a way, I do see think that both will happen.  Oliver will do something to make her realize she can't do this, nothing has changed and Felicity is going to break his heart just a little bit by realizing what she does.    

• Love 1

The fact is that Olicity didn't break up due to lack of love and neither has stopped loving the other so I think both of them when given the chance or a taste at going back to a time before they had problems or to pretend like they don't have problems would make either sad/heart broken to realise they can't. 

• Love 5

I think they might get carried away because they love each other so much and being alone in the bunker for the whole summer..wellll

Then I think either Oliver says something that reminds Felicity of why she couldn't marry him or she realizes nothing has changed and pulls back..I don't think they will have a real discussion because otherwise I can't make sense of Oliver being hopeful about them getting back together when he talked to Dig in the premiere.

• Love 8

I am just scared that they will make Felicity look as though she just turned around and got with Billy immediately after... Not that she isn't allowed to but I do have to admit that storyline still makes me wonder why anyone thought it was necessary... 

• Love 3

For me the more they post pictures like that, the more I understand why she took off with Billy. 

It would make sense to me that she was running scared and Billy was the ticket to save her from falling back into Oliver’s arms again. 

• Love 11
15 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

For me the more they post pictures like that, the more I understand why she took off with Billy. 

It would make sense to me that she was running scared and Billy was the ticket to save her from falling back into Oliver’s arms again. 

I agree. Especially because they made it clear (on the show, I'm not counting interviews that don't match what happened) she was trying but couldn't move on. What she had with Billy wasn't real at all. She couldn't even call him her boyfriend, didn't want to introduce him to her friends..and when she and Oliver talked in 505 it felt like she was waiting for him to say "dump him and give me another chance". Her heart was telling her to give Oliver another chance but her brain was telling her if she did she was going to get hurt again..

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Belinea said:

I am just scared that they will make Felicity look as though she just turned around and got with Billy immediately after... Not that she isn't allowed to but I do have to admit that storyline still makes me wonder why anyone thought it was necessary... 

I always felt that the only reason they had her date someone so early without even showing us how she met him was because they wanted to "explain" why Oliver decided to start dating again. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, DeadZeus said:

Damn hope it won't just be lovey dovey stuff and we see Oliver kick ass in the s4 costume... My father loves Felicity to death he's gonna love this episode...

It's a bottle Episode.

I actually thought they would have her admit some sort of guilt about how it wasn't real and she was using Billy to shield her heart and that ended up getting him killed, hence she needs to go after Chase blah blah blah.

Instead she went after Chase because she decided she could now carry Oliver's burden. The timing of the events also suggest that she finally lost her sh@t about Chase because of what he did to Oliver. It was the straw that broke the camel's back. I was very pleasantly shocked and surprised!

But yeah, poor Billy! 

• Love 3
14 hours ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Didn't MG answer a Q on Tumblr about any Felicity/Slade interaction in the finale and say something about seeing what makes the final cut? 

Yep.  When asked if Slade's unfinished business with Felicity is going to come back into play in the finale, MG replied: "There’s a moment in the script that I’m pleased with – but you never know what’s going to happen or what’s going to make it into the cut." (Apr. 10, 2017 MG tumblr post, page 58 of Spoilers thread)

13 hours ago, insomniadreams88 said:

All of this speculation is assuming that Oliver would know where everyone is to send a specific person to get a specific person. Do they have trackers? Is Chase going to leave him a map? Would Oliver even have any reason to believe that someone is where Chase says they are?

It depends on whether or not Curtis made his special blueberry pancakes for the rest of Team Arrow that morning. ;)

Serious answer - In 506, Felicity told Oliver that when Wild Dog was kidnapped, she put trackers in all of the newbies' suits. It's possible that the entire team now wears trackers.

Every time I see the 520 synopsis quoted in a news article, I want to scream.  Unless I missed a big Dyla spoiler somewhere, the synopsis should say "marital," not "martial."  The word "marital" means pertaining to marriage or a married couple's relationship. The word "martial" means pertaining to war or warlike. Sometimes in a bad marriage, both terms might apply, but I don't think Diggle & Lyla are there yet.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, ComicFan777 said:

For the Aussie promo...my audio was messed up...what was 20 minutes for?

I think it was how long they have until they run out of air.

So, they can only be down there for 20 minutes, right? And they will deal with their issues still?

Also, which episode will MG turn his twitter off for? 5x20, right? Because for some reason, I thought he said something similar about 5x19 as well..

(edited)
7 minutes ago, Belinea said:

Also, which episode will MG turn his twitter off for? 5x20, right? Because for some reason, I thought he said something similar about 5x19 as well..

Edited by Morrigan2575