Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

46 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Aw, Felicity's throwing her husband work colleague/friend a birthday party! I was hoping it would be her doing. Yay. 

Things must have changed or improved between those two if she's in the mood to throw him a party.

Will never happen but dammit I want her to jump out of a cake for him!

• Love 2

If it ends with cake then either Rene didn't get kidnapped and missed for another reason (thus firmly putting him in the "go away" column in my book) or no one cares.  Or it isn't the start of everyone being kidnapped to Lian Yu.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Primal Slayer said:

I really hope they have a good reason for Siren helping Chase again (I know they most likely wont) after he threatened to kill her if she didn't follow his orders and left her to be bait for TA so he could get away.

Because she's a villain who doesn't like Felicity/Oliver for whatever reason will most likely be their reasoning. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Chaser said:

Based on the BTS from 5x22/5x23, I don't think WD is taken. I think it's Felicity, Diggle, Thea and Lance. 

And Curtis. He's also on Lian Yu.

7 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

I would love it if next seasons Big Bad was more Felicities arc nemesis than Oliver's! The head of Helix could work as a villain really well, and it would show some real consequences, and maybe have some moral ambiguity. Like one of those "all people should know everything ever no matter how much damage it could cause" or an anarchist, and that could lead to some interesting conflicts that are different than what we`ve had in the past. It would also give Felicity a real arc  outside of Oliver, much like the Helix arc did to a lesser extent, and we could have a villain who isn't all about Oliver. Hey, we could even get a super dramatic episode where Helix hurts or kidnaps Oliver to mess with Felicity, and she could angst about how her bad choices hurt the man she loves! She could be like "I finally get to be on the other side of this, it totally sucks! No wonder Ollie is so pissed off all the time!", plus it only seems fair, after all the times his enemies have targeted her to get to him.

I like  the idea of the next big bad not to have the personal vendetta. Just let them be doing their stuff and the team wants to take them down.  Oliver can still be on lead point even if Helix has more concern about the threat Felicity or Curtis prove than Oliver.  Let HIM be the one that is underestimated aka the secret weapon this time.  

Malcolm had personal ties and Ra's made it personal so even though Oliver wasn't their target initially, they quickly made him one.  Let someone else be the reason for big bad.  Hell, let it be Dinah and her missing "dead" prove it to me boyfriend.

3 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

I really hope they have a good reason for Siren helping Chase again (I know they most likely wont) after he threatened to kill her if she didn't follow his orders and left her to be bait for TA so he could get away.

There is no reason to believe he was the threat she claimed he was either.  The sob story was for Oliver. 

3 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

IIRC it "starts with violence and ends with cake."

Cake is good. I think I'll have to have some during that episode.  :)

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 3
(edited)
31 minutes ago, bijoux said:

And Curtis. He's also on Lian Yu.

Aren't they all on Lian Yu? 

I do think that Lance, Diggle, Felicity And Thea (along with Samantha and William) are kidnapped but, I'm pretty sure Curtis, Malcolm, Dinah and Wild Dog all go to Lian Yu to help fight.

Dinah is definitely there, the Paps said she was filming a big fight sequence.

Edited by Morrigan2575
1 hour ago, wonderwall said:

Because she's a villain who doesn't like Felicity/Oliver for whatever reason will most likely be their reasoning. 

Also I thought that whole story was just a sob story she was putting on to manipulate Oliver. Like it read pretty clear to me she was pulling his leg with her woe is me tales when immediately after she was straight up Villan to Felicity. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, LeighAn said:

Also I thought that whole story was just a sob story she was putting on to manipulate Oliver. Like it read pretty clear to me she was pulling his leg with her woe is me tales when immediately after she was straight up Villan to Felicity. 

This.  I'm lost how Chase, even a Talia trained Chase, COULD threaten BS's life.  More likely she wanted the chance to mess with Oliver and probably a payday. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, LeighAn said:

So random thought but I've been thinking the "freeze jerk wad" is one of the Olicity flash backs. 

I was thinking it would happen after people start to go missing. 

I don't think Lance would get mad with him if he missed the hearing because he got kidnapped..it wouldn't be his fault..

I don't remember 510 in detail but didn't she say Chase threatened her only to gain the team's trust? At the end of the episode she told them they were pretty much idiots for thinking there was something of Laurel in her and tried to kill them. And now in the trailer we see her chaining up poor Lance. She is helping Chase because she is a villain.

Edited by Midnight Lullaby
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, LeighAn said:

So random thought but I've been thinking the "freeze jerk wad" is one of the Olicity flash backs. 

2 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

I was thinking it would happen after people start to go missing. 

For what it's worth, he's wearing the same jacket when he runs down a street, confronts Chase in the rain (with his quiver strapped on), and when  Malcolm comes into the bunker. So I'm leaning more towards @BkWurm1's theory.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

There is no reason to believe he was the threat she claimed he was either.  The sob story was for Oliver. 

Cake is good. I think I'll have to have some during that episode.  :)

Considering we saw him threaten her to put her in her place, there is plenty of reason. 

41 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Of all the people Chase shouldn't be able to threaten, it's Black Siren. Is there a reason she isn't screeching him into oblivion? 

This. I think I'd understand it more if he had some sort of sonic dampener or put a tracker on her or something. But she had many opportunities to either scream him down or just leave when she wasn't with him.

Or hey, once she was in the bunker, she could have told the team, "Uh, so I'm not your Laurel, but can you help me?" since we haven't seen any proof that he has cameras in there or anything. I'm assuming since Chase knows about the Legends, he knows about the Flash team (especially since he got her from STAR Labs) and told Laurel all about them, so why not assume she knows about Cisco's powers? She could have asked to be sent back to her Earth because I really doubt Chase could have gotten to her there. 

• Love 1

The EPs have said that they already know who the Big Bad of S6 will be.  I tend to agree that the Big Bad will probably be an Oliver enemy (again).

However, that means that the S6 Big Bad will not be either the Vigilante or Cayden James. MG has said that the Vigilante's identity will have more of an effect on supporting characters than on Oliver (which is part of the reason they postponed his story until next season because this season is all about Oliver).  And the Helix founder would be more of a Felicity nemesis. Therefore, the Vigilante and Cayden are more likely to be villains in mini-arc storylines.

I honestly cannot see Black Siren as the S6 Big Bad. So she'll either be a helper to the Big Bad or get a redemption arc.

So they may have another S6 Big Bad that we don't know about yet - maybe teased at the end of 523?

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I'm assuming since Chase knows about the Legends, he knows about the Flash team (especially since he got her from STAR Labs) and told Laurel all about them, so why not assume she knows about Cisco's powers? She could have asked to be sent back to her Earth because I really doubt Chase could have gotten to her there. 

Somehow i don't think she is interested in going back to E2 like HR. There isn't anything there for her.

2 minutes ago, tv echo said:

The EPs have said that they already know who the Big Bad of S6 will be.  I tend to agree that the Big Bad will probably be an Oliver enemy (again).

However, that means that the S6 Big Bad will not be either the Vigilante or Cayden James. MG has said that the Vigilante's identity will have more of an effect on supporting characters than on Oliver (which is part of the reason they postponed his story until next season because this season is all about Oliver).  And the Helix founder would be more of a Felicity nemesis. Therefore, the Vigilante and Cayden are more likely to be villains in mini-arc storylines.

I honestly cannot see Black Siren as the S6 Big Bad. So she'll either be a helper to the Big Bad or get a redemption arc.

So they may have another S6 Big Bad that we don't know about yet - maybe teased at the end of 523.

I wonder then, with so many returning/possibly returning antagonists and dangling plot threads, if next year they'll have a villain go head-to-head with each specific character or pair of characters while Oliver takes on the big bad (reiterating the "team work makes the dream work" lesson that Oliver seems to have to re-learn every so often). Like, Big Bad vs. Oliver, James/Helix vs. Felicity, Vigilante vs. Thea and/or Diggle, Black Siren vs. Dinah/Lance, and any other returning villain or new character along the way.

It could be interesting if Oliver didn't have a big bad and helped everyone else with theirs but there hasn't been any news on Diggle's S6 storyline right? I really don't want him stuck mentoring the B Team. 

Yes, it's looking more like Vigilante is Tinah's BF...unless she's Sara Diggle from an alternate dimension delivering righteous vengeance on the people whose erased her, Kill Bill style (Kill Barry?). 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

It could be interesting if Oliver didn't have a big bad and helped everyone else with theirs but there hasn't been any news on Diggle's S6 storyline right? I really don't want him stuck mentoring the B Team. 

MG said that they have one planned, same with Felicity (although hers had just slightly added details).

11 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

I'm thinking Vigilante is Dinah's boyfriend returned from the dead myself.

My only problem with that is besides process of elimination of possible characters I can think of no reasoning behind it (why is he in Star City? Why the mask? Why is he killing people? Why now and not at any point of the 3 years ago when he didn't really die?). Not that there needs to be an immediate reason (once the plot kicks in, they'll have some reason), it's just that I can think of more immediate arguments as to why it might not be him more readily. Although, I will say my gut does agree just because of the dramatic purposes, it's just that my head can't get past the fact that Vigilante was just a red herring in general so trying to connect him to someone else is already a mess in the first place to me. Thinking about it more, if Vigilante does appear once more before the season ends and it happens to be in a scene with Dinah, I'd be more on board.

• Love 4

Oh, @Morrigan2575, that's a good point. So he's sidelined right now due to injury but maybe makes an appearance in 521. (I forgot about Pike)

15 minutes ago, way2interested said:

MG said that they have one planned, same with Felicity (although hers had just slightly added details).

There haven't been any additional details regarding the Diggle storyline right? I just don't want mentoring Team B to be S6 his storyline though I suppose that's better than a Lyla/Diggle divorce storyline. (Nooooooooooo) 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 1
Just now, leopardprint said:

There haven't been any additional details regarding the Diggle storyline right? I just don't want mentoring Team B to be S6 his storyline though I suppose that's better than a Lyla/Diggle divorce storyline. (Nooooooooooo) 

No, I guess my point was that MG said almost the same exact thing for Diggle as he did for Felicity (except he said for Felicity it was something some fans wanted), so that it's kind of early to worry about what they're going to be since both have such little detail yet more confirmation for a storyline than Rene, Curtis, Thea, Lance, etc.

All I'll say is I regret laughing about casual viewers/reviewers thinking Diggle and Dinah have chemistry. It was funny in the midst of the Oliver/Tinah will hook up hysteria but makes me feel icky in light of all the reporters asking Wendy and Marc about the possibility and them seeming to enjoy the question. 

As long as the writers keep Dinah out of Dyla I'm good with them exploring relationship issues and ups and downs. I don't mind Olicity being the stable couple in the back ground while another couple has issues to explore for a spell.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

I don't want Dinah and Diggle romantically involved if only because their ship name would be Dingle, ?.

Well, they could also be called Black Spartan or Spanary. 

(edited)

Just guessing but, i don't think the whole team is kidnapped. I think Thea, Felicity, Diggle, Lance and maybe Curtis are kidnapped and taken to the Island.

I think Wild Dog says no because of his daughter and Dinah may have an objection of some kind. I think that's what MG or WM hinted at in a recent interview.  Oliver turns to Merlyn, Slade, Boomerang and Nyssa to for help against Prometheus, Artemis, Talia/LoA and BS. 

However,  at the last minute, WD and Dinah show up on the Island to help out.

Edited by Morrigan2575
Just now, Morrigan2575 said:

Just guessing but, i don't think the whole team is kidnapped. I think Thea, Felicity, Diggle, Lance and maybe Curtis are kidnapped and taken to the Island.

I think Wold Dog says no because of his daughter and Dinah may have an objection of some kind. I think that's what MG or WM hinted at in a recent interview.  Oliver turns to Merlyn, Slade, Boomerang and Nyssa to for help against Prometheus, Artemis, Talia/LoA and BS. 

However,  at the last minute, WD and Dinah show up on the Island to help out.

Yeah, I'm thinking that as well. Series regulars get kidnapped (Diggle and Felicity by Talia's ninjas, Lance by BS, Thea-and Samantha- at some point, and Curtis at some point) and then Oliver with his villain team along with at some point Rene and Dinah go to save them. 

9 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I think Wold Dog says no because of his daughter and Dinah may have an objection of some kind. I think that's what MG or WM hinted at in a recent interview.  Oliver turns to Merlyn, Slade, Boomerang and Nyssa to for help against Prometheus, Artemis, Talia/LoA and BS. 

If Dinah doesn't have a good reason to go and it's simply because she objects then that would make her the biggest asshole. Hope they don't go down this route. I'm actually starting to warm up to her

I think it could have something to do with BS. She had a pretty tense look from what appears to be off of a scene with confronting her. Maybe she loses after their initial confrontation and doesn't feel like she could help going against her again along with needing someone to look after the city while they're all gone?

I'm still trying to come up with a reason why Chase would kidnap so many people.  Thea makes sense because he hasn't gone against her yet. Maybe Felicity although the EMP was the attack on her so she's crossed off his list.   Lance he took care of when Chase made him think he was the Throwing Star killer and sent him into rehab, and Curtis' marriage was ruined.  Diggle is still not attacked yet but why kidnap The Fighter?

Does he want to recreate The Epic Battle?  Has he been reading too much Beowulf while he was hiding out that week in the campaign office?  I can see why he would want Oliver to go back to the beginning, to what made him the killer Chase thinks he is but I still don't get the reasoning to take everyone back to Lian Yu.

18 hours ago, calliope1975 said:

I feel like the excuse of I missed the custody hearing because I was kidnapped by a serial killer obsessed with my vigilante boss who I also act as a vigilante with will not go over well with a judge. 

Maybe he can get a note from his boss, the mayor.  Some immediate situation to be dealt with. It is May in Star City after all.

6 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

Somehow i don't think she is interested in going back to E2 like HR. There isn't anything there for her.

Fair enough. But on E1 Chase is forcing her to do things she doesn't want to do, so she says.  It's logical she would want to go somewhere else, maybe E3 where she can make her own decisions.

17 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

If Dinah doesn't have a good reason to go and it's simply because she objects then that would make her the biggest asshole. Hope they don't go down this route. I'm actually starting to warm up to her

I'm guessing they'll give her a good(ish) reason. I was thinking that that she might object to killing them instead of bringing them to justice but, then I remembered 511.

13 minutes ago, way2interested said:

I think it could have something to do with BS. She had a pretty tense look from what appears to be off of a scene with confronting her. Maybe she loses after their initial confrontation and doesn't feel like she could help going against her again along with needing someone to look after the city while they're all gone?

That would be interesting, she loses and then thinks she can't hack it. Only to pull it together in the end and take out BS.

Just now, Morrigan2575 said:

That would be interesting, she loses and then thinks she can't hack it. Only to pull it together in the end and take out BS.

Yeah, I just get that kind of vibe from the edits in the reel and Dinah's face around this part.

download.png

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I'm still trying to come up with a reason why Chase would kidnap so many people.  Thea makes sense because he hasn't gone against her yet. Maybe Felicity although the EMP was the attack on her so she's crossed off his list.   Lance he took care of when Chase made him think he was the Throwing Star killer and sent him into rehab, and Curtis' marriage was ruined.  Diggle is still not attacked yet but why kidnap The Fighter?

I think he's going to kidnap everyone cause none of this worked to get people to abandon Oliver or whatever so he's going extra literal by physically separating them. He succeeded in making Oliver feel really bad but no one suffered permanent damage so far except for Billy who nobody cares about. I think the reason Chase is kidnapping all these people is because giant mask fight on Lian Yu would be so cool and there's not going to be more to it than that. Unless he somehow wants to make Oliver pick who to save? 

30 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Maybe he's going to be saying they wouldn't be the positions they're going to be in if they hadn't met Oliver? Sort of a, "see what they've become and what they'll (have to) do - maybe it'll be a kill or be killed situation? - because they met you" to Oliver? 

But it's probably simply that they need everyone on the island because they wanted the finale to take place only on the island and therefore they needed some reason for everyone to be there. Chase kidnapping them and having some sort of flimsy excuse is probably enough for that. 

1 hour ago, leopardprint said:

I think he's going to kidnap everyone cause none of this worked to get people to abandon Oliver or whatever so he's going extra literal by physically separating them. He succeeded in making Oliver feel really bad but no one suffered permanent damage so far except for Billy who nobody cares about. I think the reason Chase is kidnapping all these people is because giant mask fight on Lian Yu would be so cool and there's not going to be more to it than that. Unless he somehow wants to make Oliver pick who to save? 

The point Chase wants to make is having Oliver loose is freaking mind and start a killing spree of some sort. I'm on board with the the idea that Oliver needs to choose who to save, even though it's nothing new. The all idea of going to MM, Boomerang and Slade for help seems to be that desperate times require desperate measures. And it's the only way he can save different people in separate places, if that's the case. 

I'm still in denial about Slade because it has "bad mistake, huge" written all over it. I can't see any good result from that "partnership". Does it make sense if Oliver agrees to have a final show down with Slade after the fight with Chase is resolved, giving Slade a reason to agree because if he wins he will have an opportunity to kill Oliver and be free. Something like everyone that matters to Oliver is ok, let's go home, see you on the boat, Oliver goes back alone, final confrontation with Slade and "cliffhanger" happens?

Edited by Buzzyspirit
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Buzzyspirit said:

I'm on board with the the idea that Oliver needs to choose who to save, even though it's nothing new. The all idea of going to MM, Boomerang and Slade for help seems to be that extreme times require extreme measures.

You thinking that instead of S2 choose who to save Chase will make Oliver choose to kill in order to save? Like oh if you want to save Thea you have to kill Slade/Boomerang/Merlyn etc?

7 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

You thinking that instead of S2 choose who to save Chase will make Oliver choose to kill in order to save? Like oh if you want to save Thea you have to kill Slade/Boomerang/Merlyn etc?

That was not my idea but I like it! It would actually be something different. Unexpected. And probably something they won't do. But that would explain why Oliver would not have a problem with setting Slade free. Although what would Chase do in the meantime? Eat popcorn?

It would be interesting if Slade had to get Felicity, Merlyn had to get William, and Boomerang had to help get Diggle - since they all have some kind of past - Felicity injecting Slade with the mirakuru cure, Merlyn being responsible for lil Billy getting kidnapped the other time (LOL), and Boomerang putting Lyla in the hospital, while Oliver goes after Chase himself. I'm guessing maybe Merlyn could get Thea as well since it seems like Samantha is standing behind her on Lian Yu in the sizzle reel.

But this probably won't happen, haha.

• Love 4