Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

7 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

He's not pushing anything in his tweet 

All he says is great arrow news coming...could mean nothing more than a press release.

I don't like that he's pre-announcing the announcement. Feels like a "brace for impact" tweet to me.

• Love 4

Didn't SA say something awhile ago about Arrow news?

I think its new S6 regulars and possibly KC appearing in the finale.

Did MG actually say he had an announcement about KC or was that just how MM was interpreting MG saying he couldn't talk about it now?

If MG's tweet was about bracing for impact, it could apply to both options. He knows the newbies and KC are not popular with everyone.

Edited by Chaser

I think it's about more than who will be in the finale because he's announcing it before the announcement. Seems bigger than that, IMO. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

22 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

As a permanent? But they already have a BC? What will they have her as? DA again?

Probably as Black Siren. IDK. 

But I know SA said in one of his interviews (GATV maybe?) that they were doing the slow burn with Dinah and how they'd established she could carry episodes on her own so I'm pretty sure she'll still be BC. Unless they swerve. I honestly have no idea.

But MG's definition of good news never matches with mine so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Guest
Just now, Angel12d said:

I think it's more than who will be in the finale because he's announcing it before the announcement. Seems bigger than that, IMO. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Probably as Black Siren. IDK. 

But I know SA said in one of his interviews (GATV maybe?) that they were doing the slow burn with Dinah and how they'd established she could carry episodes on her own so I'm pretty sure she'll still be BC. Unless they swerve. I honestly have no idea.

But MG's definition of good news never matches with mine so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Someone on Twitter got upset because they interpreted it as a slow burn romance between Oliver and the new bird.

11 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

I don't like that he's pre-announcing the announcement. Feels like a "brace for impact" tweet to me.

Or it's a big nothing but, in typical fashion, this fandom will spend the next 2 days working itself up into a tizzy imagining every horrible fear they can come up with.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Someone on Twitter got upset because they interpreted it as a slow burn romance between Oliver and the new bird.

It was nothing about romance though. It was just about how they were doing the slow burn with her character, which they are. 

Edited by Guest

If we are to believe KC was let go then why would they have her back as a regular? BS appearances in season 6 is a bit premature to announce and their willingness to have her back as BS was already mentioned earlier this year.

I think if the stars coming back are big then I can certainly see that being a big announcement. When did Echo get promoted last year? Wasn't it around April? And Echo was definitely more popular last year than any of these newbies.

Of course the alternative is something no one expects like, IDK, Manu/Slade coming back in some way. A lot of fans loved him as a villain. And if they are filming the finale on Lian Yu, it would make sense to see him as he's in prison there.

But then I remember how salty MB has been acting and well there goes that theory. LMAO.

Edited by Guest

Ha. Slow burn with Dinah- sure Jan/Stephen. They basically resolved her tragic back story in one episode, shoved her on the team in one episode, made her everybody's bff in one episode, got her an apartment and a job in one episode. And most of these things were in the same episode!

And now she's just cardboard who gives them girl power scenes on Team Arrow fights that writing shows no actual investment in her as a fleshed out character.

Stephen love ya... but not seeing your "slow burn" unless that's just an excuse for we don't really want to write meaningful stories for her.

• Love 5
(edited)

Echo got announced in April.

I don't think they'll ever bring KC back full time. However, IF they were planning to bring her back it wouldn't get announced now. The would do it at Upfronts or SDCC.

I honestly imagine it something benign, like Rick G getting a regular gig for next year. Could be Manu/Slade or Nyssa coming back for 523. I just think it's probably something irrelevant.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 3

I would like Katie to come back in Arrow, I'm sure that being black siren, it would bring a new energy to the show.
Besides everyone  has agreed that it makes a perfect villain in black siren.
But I'm afraid that marc can still badly write her character, Maybe she would be better to drop this show and focus on these films

• Love 1

If they bring back Black Siren it will just be to give Dinah a chance to seal her title as Black Canary. So again, maybe a one off?  It wouldn't shock me in the least if they do that.  

If MG hadn't specified that the *"great news" was for Arrow I might have wondered if they were putting BS on LoT as a regular.  

*I have Futurama flashbacks to the Professor always prefacing some awful announcement with "Good news, everyone!"

• Love 2

I'm putting my money on RG and JH as regulars for S6, which I'd be surprisingly fine with. I'm resigned to the idea that they want to have a larger cast of costumes than I will ever care about. But rather than continue to waste time introducing new characters every season, I'd rather just settle down with the ones we have and let them exist mostly in the background like they did this season. I have turned around on Rene post-MSF, because I think they made some adjustments to the way they were writing him and I find him more appealing now. I don't care about DD yet, but I think JH seems like a capable actress at least, and if she could maybe just tone down the bedroom eyes she throws everyone's way, I'd like her fine. (I'd probably also like her better if she weren't saddled with the BC ~legacy~ baggage because that's still really weird and I'm also just tired of hearing about it, but it is what it is.)

• Love 15
11 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

But why kill her off in the first place? She was fine as LL and was awful at fighting but I just kinda ignored her fighting skills

I thought it was clear that the show was done with Black Canary when they killed off Laurel, but clearly somebody forced the writers' hands and made them bring on another one. If they now bring back KC in a regular capacity, it could be another case where they are being forced into it - maybe as part of a panic move because of the continuous decline in the ratings?

Of course, it could be something entirely different. Maybe they'll bring back Roy in the finale? Wasn't there talk that he was supposed to make an appearance this season? A Slade/Manu return would be awesome as well, but with the way he has been acting on social media, I would consider that a long shot at this point. 

I was poking around and found this tweet by the actor that played Captain Boomerang:

Would fit with MG hinting about seeing characters in the season finale that we haven't seen in a while. They go to Lian Yu and there's an ARGUS  jailbreak, maybe? 

• Love 4

I think newbies as regulars is the most likely of announcements. 

I don't understand the logic of contributing the ratings decline to KC. I don't think there is anything that backs that up. 

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Scribbles said:

Could the Monday announcement be a two season renewal of Arrow? 

As in 2 final seasons? Because with the way the ratings look now, I don't see a two season renewal in the cards unless it's the end. 

1 minute ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Has the CW ever given a multi-season renewal to a show? 

Supernatural? I think they renewed them for s8 and s9 but I could be wrong. I'm not sure.

13 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

I was poking around and found this tweet by the actor that played Captain Boomerang:

Would fit with MG hinting about seeing characters in the season finale that we haven't seen in a while. They go to Lian Yu and there's an ARGUS  jailbreak, maybe? 

OHHH I liked Boomerang. That would be cool

• Love 1
1 minute ago, lemotomato said:

I think Oliver said at the end of 510 that BS was in ARGUS custody, but he didn't say if she was sent to Lian Yu.

Well, that would definitely be a way to have KC in the finale tbh. I could see that happening.

It would be kinda weird to end up on Lian Yu and not see Slade though.

4 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Who else was in the ARGUS prison on Lian Yu? Slade and Boomerang are all I remember, haha.

1 minute ago, lemotomato said:

I think Oliver said at the end of 510 that BS was in ARGUS custody, but he didn't say if she was sent to Lian Yu.

Interesting. Maybe Chase will unleash all of the monsters of Oliver's past. That would make for one hell of a season finale. 

• Love 2

I'm just wondering if SA saying he wanted Slade and Black Siren to come back was his cheeky wink nudge way of saying that's actually happening? IDK. I guess we'll see!

Just now, Angel12d said:

I'm just wondering if SA saying he wanted Slade and Black Siren to come back was his cheeky wink nudge way of saying that's actually happening? IDK. I guess we'll see!

This has been the year of "everything SA teases about comes true"...

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Chaser said:

I don't understand the logic of contributing the ratings decline to KC. I don't think there is anything that backs that up. 

I really don't understand the connection people make on that score either.  Frankly, I think the whole superhero/comics on tv is so flooded with shows now people are not watching all of them as they air. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Cleanqueen said:

Wasn't some sort of announcement coming up regarding KC? And then today we heard a lot of people returning for the finale so that's probably the finale. I don't think any of the new recruits contracts have been finalized yet. It's still too early for them. 

Ho has been saying this and where? It certainly makes sense what with the five years ending, but I don't think anything was brought over here, was it?

Just trying to figure out who a bunch of characters could be.

So based on the 5.21 Lian Yu spoiler pics Anatoly and the Bratva give Oliver a lift back to the island. It looks like they also help him build his rescue signal. He has his trunk with his father's list and the picture of doom.  Is he reminiscing while getting in shape/preparing for his mission for 2 episodes?  Maybe we are going to see Yao Fei, Shado, Robert, Sara, etc again?  Can't imagine what they are going to show otherwise unless it's just him running and practicing his archery, not to mention applying a false beard. A time jump in flashbacks only could be another option I guess.  It also looks like Kovar's storyline must end in 5.19.  IIRC, Dolph said he was back for 3 episodes.  

Thea appears to be in 5.21 which leaves her with one episode left if I am counting correctly.  Could she be "Missing" in 5.22? I know the hope seems to be Felicity but Prometheus hasn't messed with Thea yet. It could explain her absence if she's in 5.23.  Or maybe she goes in search of Roy and brings him back for the finale. 

If the finale takes place on Lian Yu, is there a reason for the characters to actually suit up other than the show thinks it looks cool?

Random question, the cool upgrades to his helmet that David talked about here and there, were they given to Vigilante instead?

Edited by Sunshine
6 hours ago, Angel12d said:

It was nothing about romance though. It was just about how they were doing the slow burn with her character, which they are. 

Yup I figured I'd wake up to you all cursing if there was any validity to the comment so I didn't get worked up myself! Hee that's why I love this forum!

Wow, WM just said something that makes me excited to watch! Amazing! 

"There will be some levity coming up in some fun, surprising ways," she tells THR. "There are some birthdays coming up that we've never celebrated on the show before that are going to finally be celebrated. It's Oliver's. Why not? It's not going to be what you think it's going to be, though, as is our standard."

Also, this makes me think the Helix stuff wraps up by end of season:

"She's going to come out of this season as the most changed character," Mericle says. "She's never had to face this in a personal way and she's now making decisions that are very akin to what Oliver was doing in season one. These are things that she would have judged pretty harshly in seasons past. But she has a new understanding of what everyone around her has been through and it's going to give her a new appreciation for Diggle and Oliver."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/dc-tv-watch-flash-savitar-reveal-988387

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, Trisha said:

Wow, WM just said something that makes me excited to watch! Amazing! 

MG and WW are each 1 for 1 (out of like 10 comments....But that's besides the point) this week. Hopefully they can increase their scores.

I love fictional birthdays, but isn't Oliver's at the end of May? Does that mean it's going to be in 523?

3 minutes ago, way2interested said:

MG and WW are each 1 for 1 (out of like 10 comments....But that's besides the point) this week. Hopefully they can increase their scores.

I love fictional birthdays, but isn't Oliver's at the end of May? Does that mean it's going to be in 523?

Hot steamy reconciliation sexy times with Felicity? On his Birthday?

• Love 6
12 hours ago, Chaser said:

Seriously, what's all the cryptic tweets about on twitter?

According to twitter the canadagraphs pap DM'd someone saying his source is claiming KC will return as a regular in S6. CG made it clear he couldn't confirm it though. 

I don't think MG would ever announce who's returning for the season finale because why spoil it, so I'm hoping it's actually about confirming Wild Dog or Dinah's regular status instead (words I never thought I'd type...)

• Love 1

If Katie is back Juliana is gone. I'm curious about what damage the naked/sex photos have done since isn't she wearing the mask is some of the risqué ones. I'm not buying her returning yet.

As for Olivers birthday maybe people's spec of the season finale coda ending with the Team toasting five years since Olivers return and Olicity reuniting will turn out to be correct.

Who specced that again? Was that your spec @Morrigan2575?

I don't think it's necessarily a bad idea to bring KC back and reset to S4 in happier times. Have Olicity together, have Laurel or BS float around somewhere doing grunt work. It would be weird for her to leave and come back but storywise I don't think it would be worse than 5A.

Imo they did way too many weird things in S5. No Olicity and no hope for Olicity, dead LL that they kept treating like a Saint. They pissed off everyone! 

1 minute ago, Mellowyellow said:

I don't think it's necessarily a bad idea to bring KC back and reset to S4 in happier times. Have Olicity together, have Laurel or BS float around somewhere doing grunt work. It would be weird for her to leave and come back but storywise I don't think it would be worse than 5A.

Imo they did way too many weird things in S5. No Olicity and no hope for Olicity, dead LL that they kept treating like a Saint. They pissed off everyone! 

That would mean all the s5 was for nothing. They shoved saint LL down peoples throat and make her out to be something she never was. Why would you make KC a regular, when i would think Juliana is much cheaper. 

• Love 11
Just now, Velocity23 said:

That would mean all the s5 was for nothing. They shoved saint LL down peoples throat and make her out to be something she never was. Why would you make KC a regular, when i would think Juliana is much cheaper. 

S5 is so weird I honestly have no idea what the intent was. 

Sometimes I wonder if they were attempting to kill Olicity for good, shoved saint LL to appease her fans and then realised they are just a CW show after all and need shippers.

I'm not saying I want KC back or that it's a good idea. I just don't think it would be that bad. haha more importantly as long as stank face lives on and she doesn't interfere with my ship LL or DD can stay as future babysitters for Olicity babies. 

Silly thought: Why was EBR at the production office? Did she need to sign a new contract?

I don't buy this either, seems pretty crazy to me. Like arrow's weird bts mess would get way weirder if they bring back the actress they fired and really seem to not want on the show. I can just imagine the writing for LL if she's forced on them again lol. 

Especially after they literally replaced her with a meta human BC with also a comic book name. Tho honestly I haven't even felt like we got rid of LL the way I thought I would when they killed her off. They constantly bring her up on the show to set up her saintly legacy, we had guest spots from KC, the newbies are even worse at times than she was and get more screentime imo and we have Dinah literally assuming the same role of standing around uselessly just like LL did. So I barely felt a difference tbh. 

Edited by tangerine95
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Do people really want her back though? I admit I rarely stray to Reddit but it seems like even those guys are cool with her being gone because they like the new BC. Narratively it makes no sense to keep mentioning how they want Dinah to take up the BC mantle if they are not going to follow through, so that leaves KC playing BS, which fits for one offs but not really all the time because Arrow isn't about the meta life. Unless there is some major bts negotiation stuff going on, I just can't see it. 

I guess if SA and KC start talking up Laurel or Black Siren at today's con we'll have a better idea...