Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

2 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

Isn't that what they've been selling all year though? That they are "mature", "adult", "friends". 

Yep. And aren't MG's comments in that article about having a show where a couple was engaged then not and still working together exactly what either he or WM said they liked about S5 before it even started airing?

• Love 2

lol they say the opposite thing about having a plan, how don't they coordinate what to say in interviews? I believe this was their plan and they refused to give it up despite backlash. But the way they sold olicity as totally angst free exes who are so amazing and working better than ever as friends and partners on the team doesn't really make sense with them now admitting there's been a distance between them and the reasons for it will be addressed. 

Idk I really have a hard time seeing olicity ending the season exactly how they started which is as friends with a hint of maybe more. Especially when they're supposed to be having waking in each others shoes type storylines to bring them closer and when 5. 20 is an episode that seems to be mostly about solving the issues that broke them up plus fbs with a sex scene. They've been dumb before and they've dragged out the stalling way too much but rn I think this is another thing WM worded badly or flat out lied about. 

• Love 9
6 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I disagree on that one. Felicity is the one that walked away. Oliver was going to put an end to their potential relationship, as Felicity overheard but, the way the scene played out, Felicity was the one to walk away.

Wow, you're right.  Those crafty bastards.  Still, I'm putting it down as Oliver's intent.  Maybe they pull that again kind of.  He could start what is clearly a break up speech only for SusieQ to cut him off and breäk up with him to save face.

• Love 1

Again, why are they even speaking? Whenever they start talking, I feel all of my excitement slowly dying. Is that what they assume will be buzzworthy? "Guys, these people we described as friends and partners a year ago are becoming friends, yeah"

I believe they tried to test out how the complete erasing of that relationship aspect would work on the show. If it worked, they would have not gone back to it. But people started to complain and drop the show at the same time. Now they are low-key trying to reverse that process.

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 12

Speaking of JBuffy, is Felicity stating her position on William and what she needs from Oliver part of the flashback or part of present day? I know she didn't say but I am curious if that was part of the chat which led to their current "regimented" behavior.  Or just vodka and mistakes being made. Thoughts?

6 minutes ago, Belinea said:

Again, why are they even speaking? Whenever they start talking, I feel all of my excitement slowly dying. Is that what they assume will be buzzworthy. "Guys, these people we said described as friends and partners a year ago are becoming friends, yeah"

Yeah, not talking would have been in the best interests of the buzz.  I do wonder though if her comment supports an ALMOST reconciliation that just gets put off or interrupted before they can make it official and then cue a separation over the summer.  I hate to again wave the "it's Felicity's turn to be gone or leave over the summer" prediction, but the deeper she goes with Helix, the more likely something will happen to make that prediction true.  

Edited by BkWurm1
4 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Speaking of JBuffy, is Felicity stating her position on William and what she needs from Oliver part of the flashback or part of present day? I know she didn't say but I am curious if that was part of the chat which led to their current "regimented" behavior.  Or just vodka and mistakes being made. Thoughts?

I lean toward it being in the flashback and one of the requirements something really nebulous like "I have to feel that..." hence Oliver really not knowing if they were closer to getting back together because it's not something that he can specifically address and just a level of trust that Felicity would have to regain.   But I'd also expect to be SHOWN in the present that whatever she needs from Oliver has been met or almost met.  

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Yeah, not talking would have been in the best interests of the buzz.

I'm almost to the point where they have ruined Olicity for me. The mature break up that is really just pretending it never happened took them to the edge of the cliff and Susan just threw them over. 

On the subject of the Susan breakup, something that never sat well with me is that is sort of seemed like Oliver ran off with Felicity at the end of S3 because he had nothing else left. Then he said these lovely vows at a fake wedding he forced her into. Then he basically never attempted to fight for her (probably what this fb will be about) and totally checks out of her life, starts dating the first chick around and kills Felicity's boyfriend. So he dumps Susan because of danger? and he'll get back together with Felicity cause she knows what's up and she's still there? 

12 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

But I'd also expect to be SHOWN in the present that whatever she needs from Oliver has been met or almost met.  

Exactly, put much more succinctly than my ramblings above.

ETA: I realize this is 95% bitter/5% spoiler so please delete as needed.

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 6
15 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

On the subject of the Susan breakup, something that never sat well with me is that is sort of seemed like Oliver ran off with Felicity at the end of S3 because he had nothing else left. Then he said these lovely vows at a fake wedding he forced her into. Then he basically never attempted to fight for her (probably what this fb will be about) and totally checks out of her life, starts dating the first chick around and kills Felicity's boyfriend. So he dumps Susan because of danger? and he'll get back together with Felicity cause she knows what's up and she's still there? 

He ran off with Felicity because he chose to be Oliver Queen and not the Arrow. He wanted to be happy and he thought  she was the person to make him happy. I don't think he left because he had nothing left. He was the one who didn't want to come back because the life they had was the best thing he's had in the past 8 years. I think if Felicity had walked out on him completely and left him all together, he probably would have fought harder. But he was content with her just being in his life that some how some day she and he would find their way back to each other. 

Also him dumping Susan makes perfect sense because if he needed her in his life he'd find a way to keep her in his life instead of pushing her away. Breaking up with her wouldn't protect her if she was important to him, it would put her in more danger. 

Edited by Cleanqueen
  • Love 14
22 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

But I'd also expect to be SHOWN in the present that whatever she needs from Oliver has been met or almost met.  

You have so much faith in WM's writing...  After a whole season of badly trying to retool their show and retconning all the emotional storylines that the audience had connected to, it is no wonder that people are dropping a show they no longer recognize . If you replace a meat lover's seasoned steak with a piece of of unseasoned turkey or worse a vegetable, they might get their food someplace else next time. 

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 11
33 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Yeah, not talking would have been in the best interests of the buzz.  I do wonder though if her comment supports an ALMOST reconciliation that just gets put off or interrupted before they can make it official and then cue a separation over the summer.  I hate to again wave the "it's Felicity's turn to be gone or leave over the summer" prediction, but the deeper she goes with Helix, the more likely something will happen to make that prediction true.  

People keep forgetting what they were saying at this point in s3! They weren't exactly giving Olicity fans much hope. I dont think they will put Olicity off till next season. Because its too similar to s4 ending. 

• Love 3
48 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

I'm almost to the point where they have ruined Olicity for me. The mature break up that is really just pretending it never happened took them to the edge of the cliff and Susan just threw them over. 

Exactly, put much more succinctly than my ramblings above.

ETA: I realize this is 95% bitter/5% spoiler so please delete as needed.

Personally the way Oliver is presented,i think he simply wants to feel normal. Especially with how he acted with Susan this season he seemed like he was desperately trying to be in a relationship and make things work with someone. So desperately to the point of putting down his closest people for a woman he met months ago.  Its as if for him ,its not about the person he connects and loves but about being loved by anyone. I would buy that he is simply trying to move on and respect Felicity's decision, if he wasnt the one that screwed up last season with the lies, only to be passive and not try to fix it. It just feels like once she left him he didnt bother to fix what he did and when someone cares enough they try to fix something worth fixing. Him moving on and putting a  woman above his closest people made me think he is more bothered with the idea of being loved by a woman and just that. The way they presented it,i could even see him ask her to marry him two months later(which the show obviously never intended to  do ) because he fell in love with and trusted her two seconds after he met her. As if he only cares for the idea of being in a healthy relationship and not for being with someone he truly loves. Its forced and badly executed which is why it gives off a certain impression. At least to me.

I dont see anything special in the olicity dynamic anymore and im a person that wont go to read a meta in order to understand the show in a way that will feed a certain headcanon that supports what i  would want the show eventually to do. I just react to  what i watch on screen and I want a build up and an overall story that respects these dynamics and highlights them . This story does the opposite for me.

Edited by theOAfc
  • Love 3
37 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

But he was content with her just being in his life that some how some day she and he would find their way back to each other.

This last line though, I guess is something I don't feel has come across on screen and I also think I would have a lot more patience for the show if the other storylines had been more interesting. BTW, I don't expect Oliver to be crying in the corner clutching her glasses case or something, especially since she had apparently moved on, but they had to show something that he still cares for because that line he gave her really sounded like he was letting a casual acquaintance who had a crush on him down easy especially since Felicity was still giving him pep talks, etc. 

From the spoilers it hopefully sounds like Felicity in trouble is the catalyst to him getting himself out of his own darkness so he can help her get out of hers. In 5x20 maybe Oliver will shed some of the passiveness he's shown since Felicity jumped head first into danger while he was hands off. 

• Love 1

WM needs to not talk. She just kills the enthusiasm.

I'm confident in some solid forward momentum. I think they will be fully together by the time the season ends. WM has no idea how to tease. 

• Love 13
30 minutes ago, Chaser said:

WM needs to not talk. She just kills the enthusiasm.

I'm confident in some solid forward momentum. I think they will be fully together by the time the season ends. WM has no idea how to tease. 

I'm pretty sure PA #4 who picks up the staff's lattes/chai ice blended's who gets to sit in the back of the room could put together a more coherent, enticing statement that would compel people to tune in. In short, WM and MG should be banned from interviews until they can do better. 

giphy.gif

Edited by calliope1975
  • Love 24

After that stuff from Mericle (and isn't she the one who wrote 5x20?), I think 5.20 isn't going to do much more for Olicity than make them friends again, possibly moving them on from romance forever, or possibly leaving them ambiguous once again. Oliver is what, 3 episodes from being tortured and now understands he likes (or liked) killing people? Felicity is in trouble/will be in trouble with Helix. This hardly sounds like fertile grounds for romantic reconciliation. It's going to be friendship all the way in 5x20.

I think the flashback sex is 1) another "keep the shippers watching" while at the same time having no romantic forward movement moment like the pointless 5.09 flashback; and 2) an opportunity for the writers to move more blame in Felicity's direction since I assume she slept with Oliver and then rejected him (note - blame from the writers perspective, not me, since I'm 100% on Felicity's side).

I think they'll leave their options open for season 6 with only vague hints to keeps the shippers eagerly tuning in for season 6. What happens in season 6? Who knows? Based on the current season I wouldn't hold my breath for anything good.

• Love 5

I'm not sure how Olicity can end up being friends when they're friends already? I know they're distant and haven't been as close as they were, for obvious reasons, but huh? Does not compute. 

Haha, I've never known two showrunners so out of sync with each other. If I'm still around next season, I'm never reading another interview ever again. They're just great at taking whatever shred of hope and enthusiasm I had and erasing it. So I'mma just IGNORE.

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, sara1121 said:

After that stuff from Mericle (and isn't she the one who wrote 5x20?), I think 5.20 isn't going to do much more for Olicity than make them friends again, possibly moving them on from romance forever, or possibly leaving them ambiguous once again. Oliver is what, 3 episodes from being tortured and now understands he likes (or liked) killing people? Felicity is in trouble/will be in trouble with Helix. This hardly sounds like fertile grounds for romantic reconciliation. It's going to be friendship all the way in 5x20.

This is the same show that had Oliver and Felicity run away to the sunset together less than a day after Oliver married Nyssa and fake-killed them all, plus they already seem like they might speed through some of Oliver's new realization seeing as of 518 he's no longer wants to be part of the team and no longer wants the team to be involved in fighting Chase yet in 519 apparently he's only for using the team against Chase in comparison to Felicity using Helix, so idk. Plus since both Oliver and Felicity seem to be pretty concerned about it each other as of now (Oliver for Felicity working with Helix, Felicity with using Helix to help Oliver), so that can be some grounds for reconciliation overall (idk for sure by 523 but not for 520) and we'll see how 520 works out. 

• Love 3

What WM says is at odds with MG, SA and spoilers. Nothing WM has said has lined up with what we have seen on screen.

I understand that some don't believe Olicity is getting back together, but why is WM being given any credence?

• Love 14
7 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

Sweet! Has this person accurately spoiled in the past?

Also, our spoilers might be drying up. There's talk that this person MG asked to DM today is the source behind the leaks:

On 2/3/2017 at 1:24 PM, lemotomato said:

WM over sells and equivocates in her interviews all the time. Thanks to @tv echo's spoiler archive, here's what WM has said vs what actually happened on the show so far:

• WM: "There will be more standalone episodes this season. Um, and I think that we'll be - we are looking to kind of go deeper into the bench of villains from the DC Universe, and again... go back to our roots in the way that we had - more season 1." 

What actually happened as of 511: No villains from the DC Universe featured except for Prometheus.

• On how Flashpoint will affect Arrow, WM: "Yeah, I can tell you that it's going to have - we are going to, you know, we're going to honor it and see what kind of effect it'll have on our characters.” “It will have a big impact on the characters that it does have an impact on." “And there will be some characters that are…more influenced or more impacted by it than others. And I definitely would say, you know, Felicity is going to be - she's going to be carrying something in regard to that through the season.”

What actually happened: throwaway mention that Baby Sara is now Baby JJ. And both mentions happened during Arrow/Flash crossovers. (Flash 302 and 308) No effect on Felicity as of 511.

• On Felicity, WM: "She's really, in the beginning of the season, grappling with the fallout from what happened at Havenrock and that will be a huge focus for her in the first nine [episodes].”” For the first half of the season, Felicity is really going to be focused on Haven Rock and what she did in last season”

What actually happened: Havenrock only got mentioned in 503 and 504.

• On what ways we might see KC appear in Arrow outside of just flashbacks, WM: " You will see in the episodes where she appears - Episode 510 definitely, our midseason premiere.  People can leave and get killed and you can still find new and crazy ways for them to come back. I can definitely tell you that there's a way we're going to bring her back and she's going to be alive and well. And Flashpoint might have a little bit to do with that”

What actually happened: She wasn’t LL alive and well, and Flashpoint had nothing to do with it

• On whether a Black Canary might suit up as soon as by S5’s end, WM: “There’s definitely a possibility... Look, it’s hard to do a show about Green Arrow without having a Black Canary. I don’t know if it will happen this season or when, but… we are going to be true to origins in the DC universe, and she’s always going to be there.”

What actually happened: It’s happening now.

In summary: don't put any stock in what WM says.

This needs an update, but I'm going to bring it back as is

• Love 10
9 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

No, no, no. How can that be? Olicity is dead, dead, dead.  Oliver is going to marry Susan and then cheat on her with his twe luv Dinah.

Obviously that is a final farewell kiss Oliver gives Felicity with a 12 pack of red pens as she flees into the night never to be heard from again.

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, Trisha said:

Also, our spoilers might be drying up. There's talk that this person MG asked to DM today is the source behind the leaks:

This disappoints me greatly if true. I was enjoying reading the spoilers right before the episodes aired and then watching them play out on my screen. I knew his bias so his "tone" didn't bother me although I know it upset others.  Someone facebooked SA the dialogue and asked why they were leaking it. Someone else tweeted it to MG and asked the same so I guess it was bound to happen.

• Love 2
(edited)
34 minutes ago, Chaser said:

What WM says is at odds with MG, SA and spoilers. Nothing WM has said has lined up with what we have seen on screen.

I understand that some don't believe Olicity is getting back together, but why is WM being given any credence?

No idea. 

The thing with MG and AJK is they never (to my knowledge) out right lied. They were cagey but, i clearly remember in S1-S3 that I could go back to every interview and identify the spoiler,  after the episode aired. May not have been able to predict it but it was always clear in retrospect.

With WM she's not very good at hinting/teasing and she seems to embellish the emotional stuff but, it never translates to what's on screen.

I have no doubt that Olicity will be reunited in some form by 523. Maybe the show ends with Oliver asking Felicity out for dinner (with an Italian reference thrown in) or maybe the season ends with Olicity in bed and flashback to Oliver getting rescued. In any case I expect some sort of reunion in 523 because they tend to skip the good stuff in relationships. So they will want Olicity back together because by 601 they will have moved 5 months ahead.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 6
43 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Does MG give spoilers/talk to people who aren't Olicity fans?

Nope just on tumblr when he used to answer questions. I do recall last year a KC fan messaged him on tumblr and he replied back but it wasn't published. She asked him about Laurel and Oliver being soulmates and if we would ever see that brought up because kc kept mentioning it. And he told her funny that you ask because we were just talking about that this morning. And that's how we all knew that she was definitely a goner. KC later confirmed at a con in London that she talked to Marc about oliver being the love of Laurel's life. 

4 hours ago, Belinea said:

You have so much faith in WM's writing...  After a whole season of badly trying to retool their show and retconning all the emotional storylines that the audience had connected to, it is no wonder that people are dropping a show they no longer recognize . If you replace a meat lover's seasoned steak with a piece of of unseasoned turkey or worse a vegetable, they might get their food someplace else next time. 

I don't have to have faith though.  It's their history of bad writing that I'm counting on.  

We've been told that in 520 they are going to bring up what Felicity needs from Oliver and this show just refuses to tell us this kind of stuff without planning on doing something about it real soon.  It's a flaw in the show's writing not to share POV, case in point this show spent five months telling us almost nothing about their relationship because they weren't ready to do anything with it.  So if they now will be telling us stuff, it stands to reason that now is when we will be getting follow through.  And I have faith in their hack writing to back me up!  :D

4 hours ago, Velocity23 said:

People keep forgetting what they were saying at this point in s3! They weren't exactly giving Olicity fans much hope. I dont think they will put Olicity off till next season. Because its too similar to s4 ending. 

I completely agree about season 3.  As great as 320 was, the next couple episodes were just brutal and if some random driver hadn't seen them filming the driving off into the sunset bit, I think we would have been more blindsided by that ending than season 2's "He took the wrong woman".  

I won't rule out that something will force a separation over the summer but in that case I do think they'd make an Olicity reunion a forgone conclusion or even show it as the conclusion first before they'd send them apart, because frankly speaking for myself, I don't think I can take another totally vague ending and I absolutely couldn't take another season of wondering if they are getting back together or if they are done.  The season has to end with the answer made clear.     

• Love 10
19 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I completely agree about season 3.  As great as 320 was, the next couple episodes were just brutal and if some random driver hadn't seen them filming the driving off into the sunset bit, I think we would have been more blindsided by that ending than season 2's "He took the wrong woman".  

Hahahah, I think we can say that about almost everything with Arrow. Sunset Drive, First kiss, proposal, Felicity in a wheelchair, Laurel's death. Even the Mansion scene was kind of spoiled by CG.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Chaser said:

Whenever Wendy has given an interview she's made some stupid exaggeration or head canon statement that hasn't shown up in the actual episode- to which we then mock her. 

But I think the thing is from what I've seen- not necessarily here- the people who give Wendy the most credence are the same people who say they aren't watching the show currently or at all so they don't actually see how obvious it is that what Wendy says to create a buzzy interview is actually different from what's actually playing on screen. So they only have her interview grabs to go on.

Those hints being placed for a build up to a reunion and how that adds up to being more in line with what Marc and Stephen have been selling in terms of Olicity reuniting in a romantic sense and what Yonku and the Paps basically said was going to happen.

I mean I mean I guess people forget that they have all basically been telling anyone who will listen that Olicity are reuniting and it's going to be the most awful thing to ever happen and the show will be ruined foreva! 

Aka we are finally getting our show back. Enjoy :D

• Love 3

So, MG is promising on twitter to share really good Arrow news on Monday.  I don't want to dread whatever it is, but his idea of good news rarely aligns with mine.  I am guessing we get full time newbies next year.  Not what I want but I could live with it and better than several alternatives I can think of at the moment. 

I wonder if MG and WM talk at all - the differing stories in the same article is embarrassing but not surprising. 

Edited by Mrs. de Winter
  • Love 6

I'd rather hear that all the newbies have been promoted to regulars than whatever else MG would try to push as "good great news". At least I like the actors portraying the newbies.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 1

What's the alternative? *looks around suspiciously*

I assumed it was all about permanent noobs?

I like the ways the noobs are used now. They should have the A team and the B team and have the noobs squabble amongst themselves in the background. I liked how they did it in 516 and it was amusing enough.

1 minute ago, Angel12d said:

Possibilities:

• KC coming back next season.
  •  

As a permanent? But they already have a BC? What will they have her as? DA again?

3 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

As a permanent? But they already have a BC? What will they have her as? DA again?

They could pull one more BC switcheroo. Send Dinah on her way in the season finale and bring back KC permanently as Black Siren, who's eventually redeemed and takes on the BC moniker. It would be more bad writing, but I wouldn't put it past this writing staff. 

Edited by strikera0
7 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

I'd rather hear that all the newbies have been promoted to regulars than whatever else MG would try to push as "good news". At least I like the actors portraying the newbies.

He's not pushing anything in his tweet 

All he says is great arrow news coming...could mean nothing more than a press release.

7 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Possibilities:

• KC coming back next season.
  • Newbies made series regulars.

Neither would surprise me.

Also I guess some people would be happy about number 1  but number 2 ? 'Meh'. Or maybe just me.

If KC comes back as LL and/or BS, does this mean the show is feeling the 'pressure'?

Also, maybe that is just a rumor, but wasn't she fired and then hired of sorts so that they could keep her picture? Isn't that kind of awkward to negotiate yet another deal if you were indeed fired? (For all parties involved.)

Edited by Belinea
1 minute ago, strikera0 said:

They could pull one more BC switcheroo. Send Dinah on her way in the season finale and bring back KC permanently as Black Siren, who's eventually redeemed and takes on the BC moniker. It would be even more bad writing, but I wouldn't put it past them. 

But why kill her off in the first place? She was fine as LL and was awful at fighting but I just kinda ignored her fighting skills

• Love 1

Wasn't some sort of announcement coming up regarding KC? And then today we heard a lot of people returning for the finale so that's probably the finale. I don't think any of the new recruits contracts have been finalized yet. It's still too early for them. 

Just now, Cleanqueen said:

Wasn't some sort of announcement coming up regarding KC? And then today we heard a lot of people returning for the finale so that's probably the finale. I don't think any of the new recruits contracts have been finalized yet. It's still too early for them. 

Yeah, my go-to prediction is just that KC is going to come back for the season finale like KP predicted, but it still isn't really clear.