Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

31 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I'm confused about the timeline.  I thought Oliver returned to the lair after not-boinking Susan. But Felicity was crying alone then.  Was there a time jump between the cut-to-black of the kiss and Oliver getting into  lair?  Or did both Oliver and Felicity separately just decide to go back down there that night?  Is Felicity in the same clothes?

Felicity was crying in her pajamas at home..the timeline works if after the kiss Oliver spent a while with Susan so Felicity had the time to stop crying, get dressed and get to the lair a few minutes after him. 

37 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I'm confused about the timeline.  I thought Oliver returned to the lair after not-boinking Susan. But Felicity was crying alone then.  Was there a time jump between the cut-to-black of the kiss and Oliver getting into  lair?  Or did both Oliver and Felicity separately just decide to go back down there that night?  Is Felicity in the same clothes?

Maybe Oliver just stared at Laurel for a reaaaaaally long time. 

• Love 11

If Oliver had slept with Susan in 5x09 the timeline should have also worked I guess. But maybe after hearing people complaining they changed their tune. Because, to me, it still looked like a scene where two characters go all the way. She in her negligee, the camera moving away...

4 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Or maybe that happened... ;-) 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Trying to get that one remaining, probably oil-fueled, brain cell working does take awhile.

2 minutes ago, Belinea said:

If Oliver had slept with Susan in 5x09 the timeline should have also worked I guess. But maybe after hearing people complaining they changed their tune. Because, to me, it still looked like a scene where two characters go all the way. She in her negligee, the camera moving away...

Ding ding ding ding ding.

• Love 12
8 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Have I missed anything in these interviews about Thea or Lance? I know we got that one tidbit about Rory, so I can check him off my list. But Thea and Lance? Nothing, right? Do the EPs remember they are characters who exist on the show? 

Nothing. They weren't even asked about them.

Tina may be taking the Black Canary name, but I think she is taking Thea's spot. I can actually see Tina being a mix of Sara/Thea.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Primal Slayer said:

The Siren clip made me laugh since this is information that only certain people should know. Prom would have had to be doing some serious hard core stalking to know this stuff. This is A (pll) levels of ridiculous knowledge.

The only way that I can kinda make sense of this nonsense is if Darhk/Merlyn/Thawne had a hand in this. Maybe Prometheus isn't involved at all with this Laurel? I guess we'll find out tonight, but it's dumb to use characters from a whole other show (even if they are related) to write yourself out of a corner.

Does Willa Holland want off the show?  Because damnnnnnnnn

1 hour ago, Cleanqueen said:

Laurel was there for oliver and felicity getting engaged but Somehow Susan is a problem for her and Ollie? I cant stop laughing

I think the interviewer was asking if Laurel return would put a halt into Oliver's relationship with Susan, which I am all for but it looks like not.

I think we’ve explored Felicity being mad at Oliver for his role in things she didn’t agree with. Nothing has happened to this extent, or this personal, but she knows the circumstances. We did not want to do a story where Felicity was mad at Oliver again. For her, she understands that the blame really lies with Prometheus.

Thank you MG and WM for that.

• Love 4

Well, she has none, therefore it cannot be bad. That is probably the logic that is applied. I expect her to have scenes with WD at some point...

At this point, they should just make PB and WH recurring guest stars which they probably cannot because of contracts (and I doubt they want to fire both of them) but their use is just so minimal. Curtis at this point has more to do.

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 4
21 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

What I find incredible is that some people genuinely think Thea is having a great storyline this year.   

It started out sort of promising with 501. But after that? It's like "Thea who?"

And I liked Thea and Lance in 501, but then they decided that those two had to be stuck on City Hall island and basically only talking to each other. (Also recently got mad again about the fact that Oliver knew Lance was drinking in 501 and did nothing about it. If not for Thea, Lance would have been left to deal with things on his own.)

• Love 4
45 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

What I find incredible is that some people genuinely think Thea is having a great storyline this year.   

This astounds me too.  It like they're told by MG and WM that Thea has really grown this season and they don't question it.  Yes, she's at City Hall but she's got no storyline other than propping up Oliver and Quentin who are failing at their jobs. Thea has been firmly put back in the 1950s as the little woman behind the man but hey, she's grown because she's doing Oliver's mayor job for him so he can be a vigilante.  She knows what's important.

I've also read that it's great for her that Quentin is taking on the role of her parent. Wrong. She's the one propping him, and he's getting all the benefit, first a job and now rehab.

The only thing that could begin to save Thea this season for me is if she's the one who takes Susan down.

• Love 6

On the other hand Willa is probably on around 25-30 thousand an episode (which is about the average for CW actors) and since it looks like she probably works what amounts to one or two days of filming an episode she might be willing to take the cash and the less demanding storylines which gives  her more time with her (sketchy) husband.  

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

On the other hand Willa is probably on around 25-30 thousand an episode (which is about the average for CW actors) and since it looks like she probably works what amounts to one or two days of filming an episode she might be willing to take the cash and the less demanding storylines which gives  her more time with her (sketchy) husband.  

Personally, I'm not sure it would be Willa walking away. The show doesn't seem to want to write Thea at all. They may just call her good and send Thea off.

Another interview:

http://www.cbr.com/arrow-wendy-mericle-laurel-lance-black-canary-green-arrow-talia-al-ghul-dolph-lundgren/

Speaking of Oliver’s love life, Susan Williams has been acting a little shady lately. Will we find out what she’s after sooner rather than later?

Yeah, Susan definitely has a very specific drive. I think what’s cool about where we’re taking her is, yes, we’re going to find out what she’s up to and how much she knows in the back half of the season, but — starting in [season] 5 [episode] 7 — they have a really genuine connection. I think she is, for all of her journalistic ulterior motives, also a really good person and they have a genuine chemistry. So, it’s going to get complicated for her and for him as well. It’s not going to be as straightforward as a reporter exposing some truth about the mayor. It’s going to be complicated by the fact they genuinely care about each other.

Between Laurel, Diggle, Felicity, Prometheus and his job as mayor, Oliver has a lot of balls in the air. How is he juggling all of that when we return?

He’s struggling! I mean, one of the things that we’ve really enjoyed playing with Oliver… for the first time on the show, he’s had a real job where he’s accountable. People are depending on him! In the beginning of the year, he did not take the mayoral stuff seriously at all, and — as the season’s evolved — he’s really starting to, and I think it’s for a couple of reasons. One, he’s finding that he’s actually pretty good at politics, and second, he’s really questioning whether or not this is the right way — maybe the mayor is a better path in terms of helping the city and helping people that don’t have a voice. So, I think for as many balls as he has in the air, there are new balls and there are new possibilities and these new paths that are opening up to him that are different than the ones we’ve seen him explore in the past and, therefore, are kind of exciting. I think, for as much as he’s struggling with the guilt of what happened Malone and also obviously getting down to business and finally finding out who Prometheus is and finding out how to capture him and stop him. He’s got hope! He’s got hope in the form of the mayor’s office and this burgeoning relationship with Susan Williams.

Can they stop telling us that Oliver and Susan "genuinely care about each other" when we're not seeing Oliver caring about the people who have been in his life for years?

What can you tell us about Tina Boland? Is she going to factor into the rest of the season?

She’s going to factor into the back half of the season. She comes into the story in a really interesting way. She’s like Oliver, has lost somebody and is hellbent for revenge. She is an amazing fighter. She has a lot of skills, and she’s very much a peer of Oliver, so they have an instant connection since they’ve both been through a version of hell. It’s ultimately him that’s going to show her a different way to do this — a different way to get revenge than just killing people.

Was Tina created for the show, or was she a character from the comics that has been repurposed?

We’re going to reveal her to be somebody very much connected to the comics.

AKA "Yes, Tina is the new Black Canary, but we just don't want to say that yet."

Now that she’s suited up for the “Invasion!” crossover, will Thea take on a more active role in Team Arrow?

You know, we bring her into the costume at different moments. It was an alien invasion; as she quipped in the episode, “We’re fighting aliens, it’s time to do it!” But I think Thea’s arc this season is really much more about trying to be normal. What she was trying to accomplish in Season 4 and ultimately failed to do she felt was a result of being a vigilante. So, this season, she’s only going to get into that costume when circumstances are really dire and, obviously, things usually get pretty bad around right around May every year, so we’ll see what she ends up doing at the end of the season, but I think — for most of the time — she’s trying to just focus on politics and helping her brother in the mayor’s office.

Someone asked about Thea! But nothing new.

• Love 2

GATV posted the same stuff about Tina and speculated that her name is a code name for something else. I will LOL if that's true.

Ew at all that Oliver/Susan stuff though. Can we not? I don't know how it can be complicated when you find out the person you're with has been digging up dirt on you for a story. There shouldn't even be any doubt after that. Yikes. Messy.

Is Tina coming in as a vigilante or a serial killer? Also, should Oliver be having this conversation with her when he goes back and forth on the subject.

"Genuine connection"...... sounds fake but okay.

I have a hard time with all this Oliver/Mayor/Hope talk. It's weird. Prometheus infiltrates everything. Causes him to murder Felicity's BF. Diggle is sitting in jail. He is blaming himself for all these lives being torn apart. But Dude isn't letting that get him down because ...why? Because of this girlfriend they have been writing as a snake?

• Love 8

If Susan is legit a "good person" and this isn't some kind of misdirect, I will never, ever, ever understand why they introduced her as a shady asshole. There is no point to it whatsoever story wise and is incredibly dumb, even for the Arrow writers - who are all very dumb.

• Love 18
1 minute ago, Chaser said:

I have a hard time with all this Oliver/Mayor/Hope talk. It's weird. Prometheus infiltrates everything. Causes him to murder Felicity's BF. Diggle is sitting in jail. He is blaming himself for all these lives being torn apart. But Dude isn't letting that get him down because ...why? Because of this girlfriend they have been writing as a snake?

And everyone around him is pretty miserable right now, but he's going to be diving into a relationship and trying to find hope/maybe be happy or something? I really don't get this. Do they not realize how Oliver is coming across onscreen? 

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

GATV posted the same stuff about Tina and speculated that her name is a code name for something else. I will LOL if that's true.

I wondered that too but the synopsis actually names her. I would think if that was the case they wouldn't name her in any promo material, just refer to her as a vigilante and at the end of the episode reveal her name isn't the leaked 'Tina' but Dinah Laurel Drake Lance.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

If Susan is legit a "good person" and this isn't some kind of misdirect, I will never, ever, ever understand why they introduced her as a shady asshole. There is no point to it whatsoever story wise and is incredibly dumb, even for the Arrow writers - who are all very dumb.

I still think they regret 503 but can't completely forget about it so Thea continually brings it up because she needs something to do, but Oliver just doesn't care because that's what they need.

I wondered that too but the synopsis actually names her. I would think if that was the case they wouldn't name her in any promo material, just refer to her as a vigilante and at the end of the episode reveal her name isn't the leaked 'Tina' but Dinah Laurel Drake Lance.

It's actually Tina Dinah Laurel Drake Lance Boland. She shortened it, but once she moves to Star City, she's going to go by Dinah Drake. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Chaser said:

That's true. It could be that she just changed her last name from Drake or something and the reveal is supposed to be a surprise to the audience. IDK. This could probably amount to nothing but I will LOL because I said a while ago that it wouldn't surprise me if her real name is a comic book one.

2 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

The thing that gets me, is that it was more than her introduction. If Thea had just handed her her ass and every episode since than Reporter was nice and normal than okay. But it's the stalking and the passive aggressiveness with Felicity. It's just wrong.

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Ray was introduced as someone who mislead Felicity into helping him steal QC from Oliver. Then he stalked her, tried to force her to work for his company, stole her face recognition software, had her work on his super suit without letting her know about it, flew in the suit without telling her, called in a fake crime to trick her friends into a showdown, and electrocuted one of them. 

Yeah, the writers are incredibly dumb. And also never learn from their mistakes.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 20
5 minutes ago, Chaser said:

The thing that gets me, is that it was more than her introduction. If Thea had just handed her her ass and every episode since than Reporter was nice and normal than okay. But it's the stalking and the passive aggressiveness with Felicity. It's just wrong.

Don't forget that she's going to be interviewing Lance about his addiction. I don't care if they try to make it look like she wants him to tell his side; he just got out of rehab and she's going to want him to talk about why he was in there. It sounds like she waits for Oliver to jet off to Russia and then bam, goes for her story. 

• Love 3

...maybe Tina is getting revenge for her dead husband Mr. Boland and her maiden name is actually Tina Drake...and in the next crossover, Sara asks "Ollie, Why are you making out with my cousin?"

Edited by ComicFan777
  • Love 9

Ray was introduced as someone who mislead Felicity into helping him steal QC from Oliver. Then he stalked her, tried to force her to work for his company, stole her face recognition software, had her work on his super suit without letting her know about it, flew in the suit without telling her, called in a fake crime to trick her friends into a showdown, and electrocuted one of them. 

Yeah, the writers are incredibly dumb. And also never learn from their mistakes.

Point!

Just now, insomniadreams88 said:

Don't forget that she's going to be interviewing Lance about his addiction. I don't care if they try to make it look like she wants him to tell his side; he just got out of rehab and she's going to want him to talk about why he was in there. It sounds like she waits for Oliver to jet off to Russia and then bam, goes for her story. 

Not to mention that she tried to do a hit piece on him earlier in the season. She's just straight-up trash. I probably wouldn't be super receptive to any temp love interest, but this chick is terrible in more than one way.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

All this stuff about Tina worries me.  Sounds like they are setting up a new kickass (but also been through hell) mary sue new love interest for Oliver.

If the whole thing stresses you out than I would use your Ignore User feature and block those that scream this. Trust me.  

If the whole thing stresses you out than I would use your Ignore User feature and block those that scream this. Trust me.  

Haha I've actually tried to ban myself from the forum several times but I always come back! I swing between optimism and telling myself it's good to prepare for the worst!

It's the not knowing that's killing me!

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Yep it's just another case of confirmation bias. They said Rory and Oliver would have a connection to they also said Evelyn and Oliver would bond ... and he wasn't sleeping with them. Not to mention they have said Wild Dog is "just like Oliver".

We have basically had two seperate interviews today where Wendy said there would be some Olicity answers toward the end of the season.

Not to mention Susan continues to be the sold love interest and she's there at least until 5x16.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Not to mention I find the way CP plays Susan really...off. She comes across shady. IDK why. Bad direction maybe?

Bad casting. I said it and I'm not taking it back.

3 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Haha I've actually tried to ban myself from the forum several times but I always come back! I swing between optimism and telling myself it's good to prepare for the worst!

It's the not knowing that's killing me!

It's always good to prepare for the worst with this show. I would just try to make the forum experience as positive as possible for yourself.

• Love 6

Part of me hopes that whatever Oliver/Lance scene we have coming up in 513 (? Wasn't that the episode they were shooting when those BTS photos in the mayor's office were posted?) is Lance putting in his resignation from City Hall because of the Susan crap in 512 and then he goes back to SCPD (hence bringing Pike back in and those BTS photos). 

Amell is hyping 516:

Also, someone asked if they should have hope for Olicity and he linked to the "should always have hope" scene from Shawshank.

Edited by Trisha
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I still think they regret 503 but can't completely forget about it so Thea continually brings it up because she needs something to do, but Oliver just doesn't care because that's what they need.

What's weird is they've dropped many a plot point before (and had their character OOC for whatever plot reason they needed) so why not completely drop this one? Why remind the audience that she's shady if she's not? For the misdirect when she turns out to be good? I swear, if Reporter has more character growth on screen than our regulars, I will...angrily write about it online. 

• Love 10