Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

7 hours ago, Chaser said:

Long shot, but I'm hoping Felicity's story involves a lot of interaction with Tina. 

Ditto. Clearly, they're in some scenes together, I just hope it won't amount to EBR and KC standing next to each other to imply Felicity and Laurel have an actual relationship sort of thing.

Can Tina be that one Friend EBR keeps asking for. Also her having no connection to Oliver or the Lances is a great starting point. Imagine if they're actually friends from a past life and that's how Felicity helps Oliver track her down. 

• Love 2

Her mom looks pretty good too.

8 hours ago, Carrie Ann said:

I can't quite follow the point of this? @wonderwall's post was that she was happy to have a WOC in a costume on Team Arrow for the first time. Whether Juliana "looks white" to you is irrelevant.

My mother-in-law is 3/4 English and 1/4 Norwegian and she has brown eyes and darker skin than JH.

The US definition of race is so weird.  I'd like to see someone that a little girl who is more obviously of colour looks at and says "She looks just like me!  I could be a superhero too!"

• Love 2

I've been thinking about Felicity's presence in the dream world and I think it would have made for a cleaner, more concise narrative if they only put cast memebers who are actually dreaming in that world. Along with the dead and buried, natch. Felicity could have been randomly popping up as she manages to break through for brief spurts of time. Having her be an actual part of it by being with Ray muddies the waters. Although, if she showed up from the real world to try to drag him away and tell him this isn't real, kudos. The look would work as well, since it's one Ray could remember. This scenario could also deliver an unusual OTA scene or however it was that SA put it. Have it be a sort of cross-realities thing. 

On an unrelated note, do you think Laurel and Sara will have a talk similar to the one when Laurel and Oliver were supposed to move in together? It's taken you over a decade to drag him to the alter, Laurel. And I've seen him try to make a move on my date at the reharsal dinner. 

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

5.12 is titled Bratva. I'm guessing SA's shirtless scene he filmed yesterday is getting his tattoo.  

Maybe 512 might be the main flashback episode, since they didn't do one last year? It it might be the flashback plot coming into present day?

1 minute ago, Chaser said:

I want Noah to come back. I was re-watching some scenes between Felicity and her father and there is so much there.

I do too, but at the same time, I worry that if he does come back, it'll be another 413 - a lot of other stuff going on and more of Felicity saying that it's not as important (which I hated). I want them to do it right if/when they bring him back. Maybe he could come back during whatever's going on with Felicity in 5B? 

• Love 1

Did we ever get an episode for Talia's debut?

My bar is super low right now. I would pretty much take any amount of screen time with Noah and Felicity. I would love if whatever threat Felicity is facing brings Noah out of the woodwork again.

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 2

I for one am shocked that Rene dislikes aliens and metas, he's so cuddly usually. 

I find the situation with MM weird, what with her not being able to confirm or deny Evelyn being in the episode. That implies to me that she's not. On the other hand, she says that she's read the script and I'm not sure she would have gotten it if she wasn't in the episode. From another angle, her involvement with Prometheus isn't something the team is aware of so it would make sense for her to be there. But at the same time I've had my fill of her this last episode and I just can't. Here's the strangest part - why am I spending this much time thinking about a character and actress, neither of whom I care for,

• Love 4

She said that she read the 100th episode.  At the end of the 99th, Evelyn is talking to Prometheus.  Unless she disappears between then and the start of the next episode, she's got to be in it somehow, even if just as a corpse, so maybe that's why she got a script to read.

Is Arrow setting up Oliver's legacy to be the Arrowverse's version of the Justice League or some similar organization?  Not a comics reader so I don't know all the ins and outs of that actual organization. Assuming there are no more spin offs in the works, we are going to have quite a few heroes who look to be around for most of the season (at the moment) all brought together and mentored by the Green Arrow - Wild Dog, Ragman, Mr. Terrific, NuCanary.  This is in addition to Spartan and Speedy with Felicity Smoak heading up the information/tech side.  Artemis looks to be the one failure at this point.  There are also possible team ups with all the other superheroes in the universe. 

I originally thought Felicity's story arc in 5B might be setting up a vigilante/hero network since that is what she appears to be positioned to do but now I'm wondering if that is Oliver's legacy instead.  Oliver as mayor so far seems to be about furthering the vigilante role. (I know, we're only 1/3 of the way into the season aired.)  

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Is Arrow setting up Oliver's legacy to be the Arrowverse's version of the Justice League or some similar organization?  Not a comics reader so I don't know all the ins and outs of that actual organization. Assuming there are no more spin offs in the works, we are going to have quite a few heroes who look to be around for most of the season (at the moment) all brought together and mentored by the Green Arrow - Wild Dog, Ragman, Mr. Terrific, NuCanary.  This is in addition to Spartan and Speedy with Felicity Smoak heading up the information/tech side.  Artemis looks to be the one failure at this point.  There are also possible team ups with all the other superheroes in the universe. 

I originally thought Felicity's story arc in 5B might be setting up a vigilante/hero network since that is what she appears to be positioned to do but now I'm wondering if that is Oliver's legacy instead.  Oliver as mayor so far seems to be about furthering the vigilante role. (I know, we're only 1/3 of the way into the season aired.)  

There was an article this summer around Comic con in which Wendy talked about how season five is the end of the first arc and that they are planning for a soft reboot--her words--in season 6 to kick off the next arc. It's possible that turning Arrow into this League of Superheroes might work in that regard.

• Love 2

Juliana seems like a really nice, down-to-earth person.  I hope she gets some good writing and really want to like her character.  I need another female to route for.  I can only wish she becomes really good friends with Felicity instead of a love interest.  I need more female bonding.

• Love 11

On the one hand, I'd love for Tina to turn out to be Felicity's friend and not a love interest - at all, for Oliver, WD, anyone - because I think eliminating the LI angle would probably help when it comes to an overall perception of her character and her likability as a potential series regular in the future. (Also, not all female characters need to be LIs!)

On the other hand, I'd be kind of annoyed if we got a bunch of female bonding scenes between Felicity and Tina when it seems impossible for us to get any scenes between Felicity and Thea (or Felicity and Laurel last year, when the show wanted us to see them as friends since Laurel found out the truth). 

• Love 1

I think I am at the point that I need some kind of female bonding whether it is Felicity and Thea or Tina.   I have had enough bromance to last me a lifetime.

If it was up to me I would have all three meet and interact with eachother on a regular basis.

I want one scene of all the girls just hanging out (go to dinner, etc). IMO that does not seem to difficult but with these writers it seems impossible.  I will not get my hopes up.

• Love 12

I totally misread that interview at first and thought he was interacting with KC in the 100th. That was confusing.

Im 99% certain BS and Curtis interaction is going to amount to her beating him up. Everyone can beat Curtis.

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, ladylaw99 said:

I want one scene of all the girls just hanging out (go to dinner, etc). IMO that does not seem to difficult but with these writers it seems impossible.  I will not get my hopes up.

One of my favorite scenes in Person of Interest was all the main ladies sitting in a bar after a job while Reese stood outside waiting for the one he was hooking up with to come out. It was just that one time, but my delight over seeing the three women interact sans the guys reinforced for me how rarely that happens especially in action shows. Plus, before that, Shaw's excitement about showing off her gun to the women was also a highlight. 

ETA: So, yes, I also want that scene. 

Edited by bethy
actual connection to Arrow
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, bethy said:

One of my favorite scenes in Person of Interest was all the main ladies sitting in a bar after a job while Reese stood outside waiting for the one he was hooking up with to come out. It was just that one time, but my delight over seeing the three women interact sans the guys reinforced for me how rarely that happens especially in action shows. Plus, before that, Shaw's excitement about showing off her gun to the women was also a highlight. 

That would be great to have a scene like that.  I want to see more than saving the city, 

14 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Just give me a bottle episode focused on Felicity, Thea and Tina.

Lol it just occurred to me Tina is recurring but we are all acting like she will be a regular. 

All the noobs were supposed to be recurring but they've been in every episode thus far.

Maybe Tina has daddy issues and they can finally start that Knitting club. 

Edited by Cleanqueen
1 hour ago, bethy said:

ETA: So, yes, I also want that scene. 

I also loved that Carter was excited to talk about Shaw's gun and Shaw said she could borrow it. Instead of talking about make up or shoes they were talking about guns. They did a scene like that on Lucifer as well, where the four ladies went out to have some fun at a bar. They bonded, got into a bar fight and ended with two of them becoming roomies. The CWDC shows are really lacking in the female bonding, we're lucky if they acknowledge each other while in the same scene. Probably because they keep adding more dudebros and would rather show them bonding. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

I also loved that Carter was excited to talk about Shaw's gun and Shaw said she could borrow it. Instead of talking about make up or shoes they were talking about guns. They did a scene like that on Lucifer as well, where the four ladies went out to have some fun at a bar. They bonded, got into a bar fight and with two of them becoming roomies. The CWDC shows are really lacking in the female bonding, we're lucky if they acknowledge each other while in the same scene. Probably because they keep adding more dudebros and would rather show them bonding. 

It's why when, last season on The Flash, Caitlin was talking about how they loved Laurel when Black Siren showed up, it just reminded me that I don't think Laurel and Caitlin ever talked. They had them in the same farm house during the crossover, but they never interacted (right?). I wonder if the same thing is going to happen in the airport hangar with this crossover. We're going to have Felicity, Thea, Caitlin, Iris, Sara and Kara all in the same room, and I can't help but wonder if they'll even say hello. 

If anyone here ever watched Leverage, you might remember that they did two episodes of the same night - one from the guys' perspective and one from the girls'. Imagine if we got something like that on Arrow... 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Cleanqueen said:

All the noobs were supposed to be recurring but they've been in every episode thus far.

Maybe Tina has daddy issues and they can finally start that Knitting club. 

Sara was recurring in S2 and appeared in all but 2 episodes that season.

Recurring just seems to be "hasn't got a main cast contract yet"

I wonder how Josh Segurra, or rather his agent, got him a 'regular' contract.  Other than Mayo, he's been in the least number of episodes this season.

Juliana Harkavy not only seems like a nice person, she peppers her tweets with quotes like

Juliana Harkavy Retweeted

Mark Twain ‏@TheMarkTwain Nov 13

Never put off till tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

and is in to social causes.  I guess I'm going to have to like her even if Tina becomes a LI for Oliver.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I want to like Tina. I don't think she is going to be a LI for Oliver so I just don't want her to get more story than Felicity/Diggle.

Everyone who wears a mask seems to get more story than Felicity.

The 309 pix:

Serious things are happening. Not only is Oliver getting back into torturing, Felicity wearing pants (or rather leggings (#LeggingsAreNotPants), and shoes she can almost run in.

Curtis may have won an Olympic medal in triathelon, but Prometheus apparently took gymnastics and pentathalon.

Wild Dog is apparently replacing Roy since he's the only one in the fight with Oliver and Diggle while Curtis and Rory get left behind.  Boo.

• Love 3