Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

How do you know you don't get both?

Lol. I actually think we will, I guess I just want a little more of a present day spoiler.

The last Olicity flashback we got was the one in 3x14 and I kind of rolled my eyes at that one.

My two cents on the promo photos, I'm pretty sure the focus is on the alt world differences. It was all Queen family plus Laurel. Huge difference.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

I heard that spoiler a few days ago so IDK if there's anything interesting about the timing of it.

Pretty sure it was tied to that MG (accidental?) tweet a few days back.  I don't think their's some Machiavellian plan involved either.  

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 5
Just now, Morrigan2575 said:

Pretty sure it was tied to that MG (accidental?) tweet a few days back.  I don't think their's some Machiavellian plan involved.  

I agree. Add to the fact that Guggenheim has no control over PR - I doubt he knew these photos were going to be released today.

4 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I would rather have Olicity moving forward than watching something from S1. Personally.

All the flashbacks this season have had clobber-you-over-the-head relevance to the present day stuff, so there could be some positive Olicity development, however small.

Given MG has consistently misread / overestimated the audience response to basically everything, I'm going to remain sceptical that an Olicity flashback will be anything that people "lose their minds over".

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

All the flashbacks this season have had clobber-you-over-the-head relevance to the present day stuff, so there could be some positive Olicity development, however small.

That is a very good point.

7 minutes ago, DrSpaceman10 said:

Aren't the flashbacks in 509 to Season 1? I don't see how a Season 1-Olicity Flashback would be that big of a deal. 

Because Flashbacks are about reinforcing a present day storyline. If they are showing an Olicity flashback it's because it's important to our characters now. 

Prometheus also happened in S1 he's a kind of a big deal right now. 

.....Is Felicity Prometheus? Oh I know! Olicity totally had sex, she gave the baby up, baby someone got sucked thru time and showed up as an adult in present day. Prometheus is the Olicity baby!

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, DrSpaceman10 said:

Aren't the flashbacks in 509 to Season 1? I don't see how a Season 1-Olicity Flashback would be that big of a deal. 

It could be a moment like, "It was red," that shows something insignificant that made a lasting impression. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, dtissagirl said:

I'm curious as to WHEN in S1 the flashbacks are set. 

And are they all from the same time? Are we going to have flashbacks from various points in S1? 

(If we're talking about S1 scenes I wish we had seen, OTA going out for drinks after the Dodger case has been on my wishlist since the moment it was mentioned in 403.) 

• Love 1

I'm guessing there might be various s1 flashbacks (instead of the normal flashbacks) to keep up the mystery of who Prometheus is until the very end of 509 (or, to go with one of the theories here, setting up the motivations for Team Prometheus) but still show "differences" between s1 Oliver and s5 Oliver. One of them, I guess, including something between Oliver and Felicity.

1 hour ago, Lidach said:

I would take Ray over Detective BF everyday. God, look what writers have done to me, now I LIKE Ray! Unacceptable! They do look good together. I always liked their chemistry. 

I just woke up, saw that picture and squeeeeeeeeed my little heart out.  They look adorable together!

One of the reasons why I rage so much this season is not only are Olicity broken up, she's been lumped with the most inferior love interest. Bring back Ray if you're not going to give me Olicity!

• Love 4

Prometheus better turn out to be someone we've met before.  I really hate when shows introduce new characters and then have a fake flashback to earlier episodes/seasons to give them relevance.  This would be 10x worse then what they did with Cupid in 307

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

That would make the whole thing make sense for me. He seems genuinely happy to me though so we will see.

He's finally engaged of course he's happy! Boy keeps wanting to get married! And to Felicity too!

@Morrigan2575 I too am worried Prometheus is some random dude they'll stick in a flashback scene and I'll be like "huh?"

Edited by Mellowyellow
  • Love 2

I hope the Olicity flashback is in The Foundry.

Do we have much on the S1 Flashbacks? Like are they only for Prometheus or are they just Oliver's? I'm wondering if Diggle and Thea will also make an appearance.

...maybe Laurel is unhappy that Oliver keeps ditching her in dreamland, too...

Real life and AU...Oliver is always walking/running away from her.  Even with his parents alive and well in AU, he still walks away from her - that's gotta hurt.

Edited by ComicFan777
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Caitlin is also wearing ridiculous shoes, at least I think that's her in the beige pumps with heels the width of a matchstick.  Broken ankles just waiting to happen. Meanwhile Iris and Sara both get to wear more reasonable boots.

I am convinced they draw lots on who has to wear the most inappropriate outfit. At least one of them has to be a fashion plate. 

On one of the Flash eps this season Iris was in a dead short mini skirt in the lab while Caitlin was in sensible clothes. She looked amazing but it was a bizarre outfit to wear in the lab. Episode before or after that Iris was in sensible clothes and Caitlin was decked out in something inappropriate.  

• Love 4

I'm now wondering if Sara's expression in that pic with Laurel in front of the mirror is because she's still sleeping with Ollie and she's jelly or if she knows it's a delusion and therefore Laurel is still dead so she's sad/wistful. I can't decide!

29 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Damn, she's patient

I feel sorry for the legit LL fans, her writing is horrible, they have made her look pathetic over and over, all in the name of Lauriver. I think its the mentality of the writers, that they think that fans of LL will be happy with any Lauriver bone they get tossed. Because the most important thing about a female character is her LI right? Its like when people brought up real issues that they had with the writing of Felicity- issues outside of Olicity, with it never even being mentioned, and the writers dismiss it as just ‘shippers’ (woman) being unhappy, and that if we were getting out romantic plot lines it would all be ok. Its dismissive and rude, because newsflash- we are capable of liking and rooting for female characters outside of a romance.

So I do feel sorry for the LL fans that love her as a character, because I see this as her being yet again a tool used badly for some token Lauriver.

• Love 17
3 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Prometheus better turn out to be someone we've met before.  I really hate when shows introduce new characters and then have a fake flashback to earlier episodes/seasons to give them relevance.  This would be 10x worse then what they did with Cupid in 307

I think that's likely to happen.

Anyone else wonder if they thought beyond getting Felicity in the dream world when they put her with Ray, since technically, his fiancee should be alive, right? Oliver didn't get on the Gambit = no island, no Slade, no Mirakuru soldiers, no Anna dying? Am I forgetting something? 

• Love 11
8 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Anyone else wonder if they thought beyond getting Felicity in the dream world when they put her with Ray, since technically, his fiancee should be alive, right? Oliver didn't get on the Gambit = no island, no Slade, no Mirakuru soldiers, no Anna dying? Am I forgetting something? 

Lol Great point! I would not be surprised if the writers themselves forgot that fact tbh

• Love 1

Looking at those photos, they crammed a lot in with KC considering she only had 1/2 days of filming. From the photos you have Casual Clothes Laurel, Dressing Room with Sara/Oliver, Goodbye Scene with Sara/Oliver, Rehearsal Dinner Scene with Sara (possibly Oliver).  

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

What a difference between this tweet and the one above it. Are you okay?!

What difference? One is about Laurel and the other about Katie, two different things featuring two different topics.

Edited by Primal Slayer
1 minute ago, Primal Slayer said:

What difference? One is about Laurel and the other about Katie, two different things featuring two different topics.

Well, the first post is a complaint about how they treat her character, while the second indicates you're excited that she's back anyway? They seem related to me. Either way, I was just teasing.

6 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Well, the first post is a complaint about how they treat her character, while the second indicates you're excited that she's back anyway? They seem related to me. Either way, I was just teasing.

As to not get another horse beat to death, lets just say that it doesnt really have that much to do with being excited that she is back. 

But I forgot to say...where the hell is Quentin? 

Edited by Primal Slayer
  • Love 1
Just now, Angel12d said:

Would Quentin still be married to Dinah if Oliver never got on the Gambit? Or are we not supposed to think that hard? LOL.

lol technically. Saras "death" lead to Quentin/Dinah growing apart and Q becoming an alcoholic but who knows. 

• Love 1