Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, wonderwall said:

To US, yeah there is only one side.

But maybe to a guy like Rory/Ragman, it isn't as simple because he's letting his emotions and anger speak for him (and not logic). Maybe Felicity doesn't feel like there's just one side to the story because there's guilt in her that she can't shake. 

Narratively, it makes sense that there are different points of views. But only the audience knows what's right and wrong (well most of the audience)

I'm not talking about the audience viewpoint. 

I'm asking an actual question about what the folks in Havenrock, Star City and well the rest of the world know about the perpretator of the nuclear strike. I'm asking whether or not Damien Darkh was identified publicly as the person who launched the attacks.  If it's public knowledge that Damien Darkh did it, then why would anyone in Havenrock 1) Know that Felicity relocated that missile to limit the damage 2) would not direct their anger and outrage at Darkh vs Felicity. 

Have I missed a plot point here?

Felicity having her own guilt about her actions is a story that should be examined but this seems like a really contrived way to do it. 

• Love 1

So far, the Havenrock/Felicity storyline is playing out as i expected. Felicity feels guilty and blames herself for Havenrock.  Curtis is telling her it's not her fault, Darhk is responsible and that what she did saved millions of lives.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

So far, the Havenrock/Felicity storyline is playing out as i expected. Felicity feels guilty and blames herself for Havenrock.  Curtis is telling her it's not her fault, Darhk is responsible and that what she did saved millions of lives

See this really bugs me. Felicity KNEW she was saving millions of lives. That is literally why she did it.  Oy vey.

27 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

See this really bugs me. Felicity KNEW she was saving millions of lives. That is literally why she did it.  Oy vey.

Regardless, what she did was traumatic. I can see why she'd blame herself, because she's not thinking logically about it? She feels responsible because maybe she feels she failed? 

Again, it's not logical, it's more emotional. 

• Love 14
22 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

If they wanted those 80,000 comic people then they have a weird way of showing it. This show is just to hellbent on trying to prove everyone wrong that they alienated practically everyone from every corner.  

Edited by mod: don't talk about other fans generally and  don't use the phrase "comic fanboy" in particular.  What are they doing on the show? Bringing back those elements. While I think for some things it works for others it doesn't. If Oliver is supposed to hook up with that reporter for one  example that just shows how they don't care to regress him and cause unnecessary drama. Also applies to Felicity and mayo. It makes no sense. It's a delay tactic.

Edited by MuuMuuChainsmoker
  • Love 2

I'm not getting much of a hook up vibe between Oliver and the reporter right now since she's Thea's storyline so far.  Still won't rule it out but odd they didn't even have Oliver interact at all. 

• Love 2

Odd that he would feel the need to win her over at all. He basically discredited her reporting and Thea handled her.

Im wondering what Felicity disapproves of regarding Diggle. It just seems weird to me that she wouldn't be all about getting him out at any costs.

Im thinking Rory is going to be making comments digging into Felicity next episode. Triggering her breakdown for 5x05.

• Love 3

Yeah and why do the team of noobs declare that they aren't going to let Oliver break in?  Is it a call back to not letting him break Roy out of jail?  Sure don't break him out of the jail, but how about when he's transported or something?  Also, how can they break Diggle out when he doesn't WANT to be broken out? 

They have yet to establish any relevance in Baby Canary. Makes me wonder if they plan on making her Black Canary in 5b.

I know I've said it before it, it's just she is so wooden and sticks out like a sore thumb.

If they are going to have anyone anyone wear Laurels buckles..

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 1

I think Curtis might be getting the Laurel superhero treatment.  MG says in the TVLine recap that we are going to see Curtis fail, then fail, then fail. Sounds like Laurel S3.  It isn't working for me.

I like the Thea/Susan setup but I think it might end up more like Felicity and the Detective relationship.  It's just a way of introducing them before tying them more directly into Oliver's story.  We saw the transition for Oliver/Detective tonight.  Don't know if he's already on the ACU or if he's just working Lt. Conahan's death.  After warning Green Arrow about Prometheus, Mayor Handsome probably requests him as the replacement on the ACU.  Oliver goes to SCPD and sees him kissing Felicity.  Tension. Oliver is upset, has a reckless hookup with reporter.  Regrets!  Does Felicity know? Does she care? Tune in next week for As the Arrow Turns.

• Love 6

I think Curtis might be getting the Laurel superhero treatment.  MG says in the TVLine recap that we are going to see Curtis fail, then fail, then fail. Sounds like Laurel S3.  It isn't working for me.

Yeah, me either.  I'm fine, better than fine with Curtis not being terrific immediately at fighting but then he should not be going out there in the field.  At least Laurel doing it was explained as her being basically too dumb to listen to reason, but Curtis while wanting to be trained, should be smart enough and reasonable enough to wait until he is actually ready. 

He's SOOOOO clearly not ready.  At least they had him doing a techie kind of thing in the field but yeah, he shouldn't have been there when he is so clearly not ready.  It would be better to hold him back and maybe even make him reluctant even after he has had the right training and be, surprise, terrific out in the field.  But now it's just cringe worthy.   

• Love 1

They kind of set Susan up to be Isabel 2.0 - I wonder how that's going to play out. Is she going to get a sob story that softens her to be an ally/LI/whatever or are they gonna do a retread and have her working with a baddie to undermine Oliver's position as mayor to help destroy him as both Oliver and Green Arrow (part 2). 

I love Oliver so much but he is such a simple moron-please don't pull an Isabel Pt. Deux with this chick (at least until she isn't actively out to get you), you beautiful idiot.

• Love 2

I'm sure he's gonna bang her then instantly regret it, hey at least now he regrets that kind of stuff lol.  Then she'll prob do something terrible and his idiot mistake will come out or something along those lines.  She's not someone I will ever come around to, admittedly I'm predisposed to dislike her.

ETA: Also with the way they set up the reporter and Thea I can't see the reporter being anything other than a bad decision as far as Oliver goes, but who knows it wouldn't be the first bad decision the writers have made. 

Edited by Thundercatmary
  • Love 3

I just can't even beginto grasp the stupidity.  Oh hey she's out to get you, just did two really critical reports on you and oh BTW did i mention she's a REPORTER! 

I did get total Isabel vibes which is equally annoying because hello, repeat!

• Love 2

If Oliver doesn't sleep with her, MG would get that surprising reaction from me that he always thinks he's going to get but never does. 

I didn't watch tonight; I just wasn't feeling it, though I'm glad to read that most enjoyed it. Maybe I should wait a few episodes and do a binge. I think the fear/anticipation of what I think will happen re: reporter, Human Target, etc. has killed my buzz. I hope to read something to excite me soon.  

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Based on extended promo Felicity is not on board with mission to bust out Digg from prison because it would mean him becoming a fugitive. Makes sense. 

That actually does make sense. She's already lost Roy to hiding as he had to fake his death. I could see her wanting to find evidence to clear Diggle's name as opposed to breaking him out of jail.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Based on extended promo Felicity is not on board with mission to bust out Digg from prison because it would mean him becoming a fugitive. Makes sense. 

NVM. That does make sense. I took the 'him' as Oliver.

7 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I just can't even beginto grasp the stupidity.  Oh hey she's out to get you, just did two really critical reports on you and oh BTW did i mention she's a REPORTER! 

I did get total Isabel vibes which is equally annoying because hello, repeat!

I don't get it either, especially if he regrets it right after just like Isabel.

Unless this time he doesn't have a 'because of the life I lead moment' but instead decides to focus on getting Felicity back. 

I don't want to get my hopes but seriously I don't understand what they are working towards.

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 1

So, Steve posted this. Putting it here since it could be that they're filming a flashback to season 1 to reveal something about Prometheus. Man, I love this suit. And what I wouldn't give to get at least the hood back. 

ETA: Oh, they're definitely doing a flashback and to the pilot, apparently.

Edited by bijoux
  • Love 2

I loved all of season 2 except for the Lance family dinner. That will always be hell. 

I keep thinking Evelyn is a throw in or throw away character. She doesn't have a personal and/or adversarial connection to any of team Arrow. She has the one mission moment with Wild dog but she didn't need to be there. What do we know about Madison's filming scheduling? Is she filming? She seems like a redshirt at this point. Though maybe more will come later.

I really do think the reporter is just set up as a storyline for Thea, please explain to me how Oliver decides to sleep with her. if this rumor is true..Yes I can understand him doing it in season 1/2 but I don't think even seeing felicity with tiny hands can prompt him to do it. And I am sorry but she was not attractive at all, the actress looked better on suits. 

I'm not impressed by Evelyn (or MMcL), and my hope is that maybe she'll have a close call in the field and then decide not to throw her life away at age 16, and go to school and college and be normal for awhile. I certainly don't want her to die. I still think it's kinda bad and OOC for Oliver and Felicity to not be at least conflicted about sending a kid out to her possible death on a regular basis. But they've treated it as a non-issue.

Edited by Carrie Ann
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, tarotx said:

I loved all of season 2 except for the Lance family dinner. That will always be hell. 

I keep thinking Evelyn is a throw in or throw away character. She doesn't have a personal and/or adversarial connection to any of team Arrow. She has the one mission moment with Wild dog but she didn't need to be there. What do we know about Madison's filming scheduling? Is she filming? She seems like a redshirt at this point. Though maybe more will come later.

She posted a pic from set with Rick Gonzales on October 12. She also posted on with Joe Dinicol in the bunker yesterday, but that could have been from last night's episode.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, tarotx said:

She seems to have missed 508 and part of 507 filming but she's back for 509.

She is a nothing character, played by a bad actress. 

• Love 2

I just hope Wild Dog doesn't get her killed. Have Felicity set up a college tuition for her.

BTW, Artemis is an archer in the comics, isn't she? Evelyn hasn't shown any inclination towards it so far. Are they even going to go there and have Oliver train her in it? How is it even supposed to come about? I didn't find her fight scenes what you would call good, but I do think I'm meant to believe she's competent in close battle. Is she against guns unlike Wild Dog? It doesn't feel like they've given her any thought at all so far. I honestly can't even tell if she has been hitting the streets since Laurel's funeral or not. nd if not, that's an assy move on Felicity and Oliver's part to bring her in.

Edited by bijoux
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

I thought the argument for picking these vigilantes, including Evelyn, is that they are already out there so Felicity thought might as well bring them in, give them training and maybe they'll live longer.

I think that was the general argument--kind of a Roy Redux situation--but it felt more like a handwave to me. The only person we really saw Oliver actively trying to stop was Wild Dog. He didn't offer them alternative means of helping out to keep them out of danger, as he did with Roy (asking him to keep an ear out on the streets to provide intel). And particularly in Evelyn's case, since she's supposed to be super smart--probably smarter than she is skilled at fighting--it's just kinda transparent to me. (But they seem to be retconning her setup quite a bit, so, eh, maybe she's not so smart anymore!) They (DC, probably) want these characters out there for various reasons, and they're just taking shortcuts to get them there. It's not like a dealbreaker for me; it just sticks in my craw a bit when it comes to Evelyn specifically.

Edited by Carrie Ann
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Carrie Ann said:

I'm not impressed by Evelyn (or MMcL), and my hope is that maybe she'll have a close call in the field and then decide not to throw her life away at age 16, and go to school and college and be normal for awhile. I certainly don't want her to die. I still think it's kinda bad and OOC for Oliver and Felicity to not be at least conflicted about sending a kid out to her possible death on a regular basis. But they've treated it as a non-issue.

My dream scenario is that she estabilishes some kind of connection with Felicity, since she's supposed to be a genius kid, and Felicity will decide to provide for her education because she doesn't want her to waste her potential. I'm sure that won't be happening, though.

Edited by looptab
False friend -.-
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

She shot what's-his-face Rhodes didn't she?

She shot at him. I honestly can't remember if she hit him or the metal holding the catwalk up

I thought there was a "ping" but, in any case she uses guns. They don't seem to have developed any inclination to use a bow.

I have to say I just love this moment in the promo where Curtis - what is that hairdo, dude? - gravelly tells Oliver they won`t let him do this and Oliver`s gobsmacked reaction to it. I haven`t laughed so hard in a long time. Seriously, that is one of the most ludicrous statements in the history of the show. Maybe it is a promo trick but if not, I`m with Oliver. The sheer disbelief on his little face. Awww. It would be too funny if he rang a bell after he quickly beats all of them.  

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Love 5

Based on that pic of SA in Oliver's s1 GA suit, I'm guessing we're flashing back to how he created Prometheus?

EDIT: Or what has already been said up thread. Haha, I should read before I comment.

Edited by Angel12d

I just want to weigh in and say I really miss the original suit so much. And yet after seeing the new suit and the old one in close proximity, the new one is a pretty good variation that feels like the original suit.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

This probably should go in the episode thread but in case the discussion gets spoilery ...

That looks like the head of an arrow to me. Almost like it was hot and had been pressed flat onto her skin?

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Angel12d said:

That looks like the head of an arrow to me. Almost like it was hot and had been pressed flat onto her skin?

Like a League of Assassins brand?  Maybe Talia al Ghul is undercover as the news 52 features reporter.

• Love 1