Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

KC is working that evil strut! LOL. Has me shaking my head even more because they easily could have played to KC's strength and made her a bitchy villain but noooooooo. Because comics.

*shakes head*

Here's a video from the set. She's doing the catwalk strut, I have no idea whether that means she's good or bad.

https://twitter.com/greysbett/status/716008176647278593

Oh HI RUBY 1.0.  Seriously, she's 100% channeling Ruby (from SPN there).  

This is the nuttiest thing I think I have ever seen on show, non Sleepy Hollow division with StruggleWitch.  JFC. It's actually funny to me.

I am feeling slightly smug that her hair color change was related to her work after all. LOL

How much you want to bet she ends up in fishnets before it's all said and done..because you know EVILBC would totally wear fishnets...because..

KC is working that evil strut! LOL. Has me shaking my head even more because they easily could have played to KC's strength and made her a bitchy villain but noooooooo. Because comics.

*shakes head*

You know I do wonder if KC shot herself in the foot if she was pushing to make sure she became the BC she signed up to be without realizing that if she became evil on Arrow, she would have been appreciated a lot more as a villain?

HA maybe they are setting her up to be the Big Bad on Arrow for s5

This will never end will it?

Until Laurel is really most sincerely dead in all timelines...yeah I think the speculation is fair game.

The outfit reminds me of The Huntress look from the BOP series.

Thank you! I was trying to remember what it reminded me. 

Damn, Laurel. Back at it again with persona stealing!

• Love 2

Yeah, I'm going with villain and dead at the end of the episode. I was a little concerned last night when this first started coming out, but I'm not worried at all now. I'm actually curious to see how it's all going to play out.

Another question. Can anyone see what that is on Laurel's headstone between the dates and "The Black Canary"? It looks like a face of some sort. It looks a little ghoulish, but maybe that's just the bad angle/resolution.

It looks like a face but if it's supposed to be Laurel or Sara's face somebody has a sick sense of humor.  Maybe it's an emblem that some one makes to represent the BC. Like a PRETTY BIRD face? I dunno..It's weird.

I hadn't thought of that, but that would be kind of hilarious if KC returns to Arrow in Season 5, but as a brand new Dinah Lance, and is now the kick-ass Black Canary she was always supposed to be, without the botched backstory and everything.

OMG, and then Oliver likes this Laurel better, lol. Can you imagine?

I don't think they'll do any of that, but given E2's existence...it's possible. In theory. More likely, she would show up once or twice as a guest star or something.

Here's the problem... if E2 LL is played by KC permanently, it doesn't solve the anti-chemistry, awkward stunting and questionable acting choices. It fixes the writing which was a major problem for LL. But it doesn't erase all of the other problematic concerns with KC as the BC. So I can't see Flash wanting to take that on, even on a a recurring basis. Plus she doesn't have man parts and we all know that Flash tends to focus only on the male characters.

That being said if the Flash wants to use her for an episode or a few all the more power to them. Arrow promised there would be no take-backsies on the death, not the whole Flarrowverse. Honestly, most of Flash's E2 are one-off characters anyway, so I'm not concerned.

What I am curious about though is their confirmation that she was filming Flash or just using the Flash sets? Because part of me wonders if she will be used in the plan to take down Vandal Savage as sorta a timemark to when they should have used the vacuum cleaner before MM snuck in. Perhaps they will film a quick bit of it to add into LoT. Flash has not made an appearance on LoT yet, so maybe this is his contribution to the whole plan. I just think the fact that only LL felt the deja vu in that xover reset must account for something. Or perhaps it means nothing at all :/

• Love 2
(edited)

You know I do wonder if KC shot herself in the foot if she was pushing to make sure she became the BC she signed up to be without realizing that if she became evil on Arrow, she would have been appreciated a lot more as a villain?

HA maybe they are setting her up to be the Big Bad on Arrow for s5

Well, I know I probably would have appreciated her more as a villain because I was never sold on anything else, even though I was willing to give her a chance pre-s3. I was a poor sweet summer child.

And I really don't think they're setting her up to play a big bad in s5. This feels more like ticking boxes on a checklist, IMO.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 5
(edited)

She is filming The Flash.

Sorry, I don't think this is confirmation that the hair was for work.

So you think she dyed her hair and is wearing a wig here?

ETA because I misread.  Sorry

Edited by catrox14

Another question. Can anyone see what that is on Laurel's headstone between the dates and "The Black Canary"? It looks like a face of some sort. It looks a little ghoulish, but maybe that's just the bad angle/resolution.

I think it might be a flower?

They can kill her on Arrow, bring her back as a villain on the Flash and bring her over to Arrow as the Big Bad.  I don't want it to happen, again just thinking of how they could do it. 

Look I don't trust showrunners. SH taught me that. Holy shit what a clusterfuck that was in s2. 

This will never end will it?

She won't be in 423/223/116

She'll be missing from Upfronts in May

She won't be at SDCC July

She won't be in the S5 opening credits

...and people will still think she's coming back

• Love 16

Are we going to get more Felicity/Lance scenes towards the end of the season? There was the on set video PB did with EBR and Bamford in the background, and now they did a video for her campaign in one of their trailers. I liked their interactions in season 2, so I'm open to it.

Part of me wonders if Lance will help bring FS back to the Team. He's been hurt and betrayed by loved ones, but found a way to forgive them. He has reestablished his relationships with his daughters, OQ & TA ~ even though they all put him through 10 levels of pain & disappointment.

But even if he has nothing to do with the reconciliation, I love PB & he has amazing fatherly chemistry with EBR, so I say bring it on. With LL gone, he will need a fatherly outlet and FS seems to be the most logical solution.

• Love 4
(edited)

She won't be in 423/223/116

She'll be missing from Upfronts in May

She won't be at SDCC July

She won't be in the S5 opening credits

...and people will still think she's coming back

She's Schrodinger's Laurel.

Sorry I'm really not trying to make anyone unhappy with my skepticism. I'll probably be one of the assholes on Twitter that wildly celebrates her death when it's her true really most sincerely in all ways dead.

Not being in the Opening credits is no guarantee. They can leave her out and then put her name in at that end.  She can always show up at SDCC...

I have been trolled by Torchwood, SH, and Supernatural about this kind of stuff before. I'm just maintaining a healthy dose of skepticism.

I think it's her hair, and it's brown. 

You think she just dyed it for herself and it was coincidental to her being on the Flash playing a 'different' character?

Edited by catrox14

She will always be a potential for a guest spot in upcoming seasons of Arrow until they drop the flashbacks. Flash & LoT can jump time and space, so she will always be a potential guest star. But will any of the shows write her back in, I doubt it. And even if they did she would be servicing another character's arc or plot exposition, so it wouldn't be the end of the world for a one on/one off buckles extravaganza.

LL/BC is dead on E1. Most likely dead or at least defeated on E2. And appears to be in a tombstone in LoT, where they rarely ever back in time to interact with themselves or close family after the first eps debacles. So yeah, I think the chances are slim that we will see KC is all of her eyelash glory on a recurring basis anywhere in the Flarrowverse. What is the Flarrowverse loss, is the car shows gain ~ silver lining in every cloud. :)

• Love 6

Echo had a snapchat earlier that showed him walking to his trailer, opening the door, and finding (though it was a split second shot) what looked to be a standard employment contract*. Honestly, I have no idea what the document was, but it has me speculating**. 

*If Echo were to come back, there's no way that his contract would be a one-sheeter or the same contract SAG-AFTRA offers for day players, but it did look like the type of contracts SAG-AFTRA has. 

**It could be a menu for a local restaurant for all I know.

(edited)

i just thought that was his call sheet.

Or, yeah, it could be that, too. :D

ETA - to the bigger point that's rattling around in my too tired brain, anyone think Echo will be a guest star, recurring, or added as a regular?

Edited by calliope1975

You think she just dyed it for herself and it was coincidental to her being on the Flash playing a 'different' character?

Yes. She did it over the weekend while she was out of town at a con. I think she wanted to do it and if she ran it by anyone, they didn't care about the change since she was playing a dofferent version of Laurel over on The Flash.

• Love 2

She's Schrodinger's Laurel.

Sorry I'm really not trying to make anyone unhappy with my skepticism. I'll probably be one of the assholes on Twitter that wildly celebrates her death when it's her true really most sincerely in all ways dead.

Not being in the Opening credits is no guarantee. They can leave her out and then put her name in at that end.  She can always show up at SDCC...

I have been trolled by Torchwood, SH, and Supernatural about this kind of stuff before. I'm just maintaining a healthy dose of skepticism.

I'm hoping the the post-mortem (heh) interviews with MG and/or WM on Wednesday will clarify how dead Laurel is. They're going to have a lot of explaining to do.  After Roy got written off, even Greg Berlanti had a quote or two on why they let Colton Hayes go and whether or not Roy was going to show up on other Arrow-verse shows.

• Love 1

Since they are most likely going to kill off Villain!Laurel on Flash, and rumor has it KC isn't a fan of the Miss Piggy wig, I'd say they just said "whatever" to the hair color. She's playing a one off villain anyway, so let her leave it brown. Besides, too many changes in hair color in a short timespan is baaaaad news. Like your hair will fall out bad news.

• Love 2

I find KC's walk quite ridiculous tbh, but I'll wait to judge until we also have the sound. Her costume looks way better than her BC one to me even if I don't know how practical the mantel can be to fight. I bet she is playing a villain and she isn't another version of BC on Earth 2. I also think that's the last time we are ever going to see her and won't be surprised at all if they kill her off on the Flash too.

It really looks like Lance and Felicity are going to share a lot of screen time in the future and I'm okay with that. I like Lance, I like Felicity and I like both actors, I think they work well together. I think they could have an interesting dynamic and maybe a common goal to unite them after Laurel's death.

I also like that Felicity could have a father figure in him after she was abandoned and had to deal with her father being an awful person because Lance is a good man and has been a good father to Laurel and Sara.

• Love 3
(edited)

Call me cynical, but I suspect that KC had zero input into the design of the E2 outfit. Hence, minimal buckle presence and no domino mask. I mean, why bother with a mask when you're not using greasepaint to distort distinguishing eye shape, etc. 

ETA:

I look forward to the prospect of more FS/QL scenes. I enjoy both actors and their characters. 

Edited by Hipkarma
  • Love 5

I also like that Felicity could have a father figure in him after she was abandoned and had to deal with her father being an awful person because Lance is a good man and has been a good father to Laurel and Sara.

It would also be extra cool if this all happens and the Calculator actually does come back. I already loved the irony of Lance just arresting him, so anything added to that would be great.

• Love 5
(edited)

Call me cynical, but I suspect that KC had zero input into the design of the E2 outfit. Hence, minimal buckle presence and no domino mask. I mean, why bother with a mask when you're not using greasepaint to distort distinguishing eye shape, etc. 

ETA:

I look forward to the prospect of more FS/QL scenes. I enjoy both actors and their characters. 

She didn't have that much input on her BC outfit either, just that she wanted to be warm, not wear a corset, and the mesh undertop and gloves. She just had input on the cosmetics.

I wonder if this is all happening on E2 or E1 and how she comes to be on E1 if it is.

Edited by Primal Slayer

She didn't have that much input on her BC outfit either, just that she wanted to be warm, not wear a corset, and the mesh undertop and gloves. She just had input on the cosmetics.

I wonder if this is all happening on E2 or E1 and how she comes to be on E1 if it is.

And not blacking out the eyes. She is the ONLY actor not to have her eyes blacked out. Oh, and the fingerless gloves. That's a good bit of input. And all dumb for the character. (I like to think that S1/2 Laurel was thinking WTH! Dude, disguise yourself more effectively!)

• Love 3

Blacking out of the eyes is cosmetic imo, and I see where she was coming from and probably made the right call in wanting the mesh gloves and eyes. She would've been entirely in black and would've been way to much. She doesn't make the final call on these things so if they wanted to override her, they couldve/

I understand with her suit covering her up so much the black paint around her eyes could have been a lot but it's ridiculous how recognizable she is. She wears no wig or hood and you can see her face so well it's just silly no one recognizes her, also because she is well known being a ADA. Hiding the identity >>>> fashion. In theory.

• Love 12

I understand with her suit covering her up so much the black paint around her eyes could have been a lot but it's ridiculous how recognizable she is. She wears no wig or hood and you can see her face so well it's just silly no one recognizes her, also because she is well known being a ADA. Hiding the identity >>>> fashion. In theory.

Not going to prison forever >>>>> looking "pretty." I would hope.

• Love 7

I don't think Laurel will be returning to the Flarrowverse in any real long-term capacity or returning as Black Canary from E2.  I'm not a religious Flash viewer so please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember any of the E2 doppelgangers sharing the same superhero or villain name as their E1 counterparts. I don't see why it would be different for Laurel. One could make the argument that E2 Laurel could possibly stick around and eventually become BC but the idea of her taking up the mantle as a way to honor her dead doppelganger who she has no personal attachment to is ridiculously laughable.

• Love 6

We haven't encountered any E2 superheroes except for Jay and all the villains who were suited up had E1 counterparts who werent. Laurel will be the first character whose doppelganger will be suited up just as she was. But even Robert Queen went by The Hood.

When do you posting maniacs find time to sleep?!!

Sleep? what is this of which you talk about?

No, seriously as someone said this forum has people from all over globe (mainly US but a few from Europe and I think we have someone from Australia?).

Oh yeah. She's definitely evil in E2

Ce_GktMXEAA6IDY.jpg

https://twitter.com/bawnies/status/716009204834807809

I really, really, REALLY! freakin love this outfit. hack I might even like it more than Sara's BC outfit!

This is how Laurel outfit should have looked like. It just fits KC body so well.

and oh yea, she's totally evil!

A cape? A CAPE!?!

Maybe it's part of a jacket? like Sara has on LOT?

Ianto?

Well we know Zoom transferred people to capture Barry when the breach was open. In order for barry to defeat him the breach as to be reopened is some form, so i'm gonna assume since Wally is in the scene too that this takes place on E-1.

And list me in the N- to the- O! on Robert&Laurel.. although i'm sure there will be a fanfic about that sooner or later.

• Love 1

I hope they keep the Felicity/Quentin scenes to a minimum. Not because I don't like them together (they're awesome.) I just cringe at the thought of "those fans" who will say, "Felicity trying to steal Sara, and Laurel's father." Or some shit like that.

(edited)

I hope they keep the Felicity/Quentin scenes to a minimum. Not because I don't like them together (they're awesome.) I just cringe at the thought of "those fans" who will say, "Felicity trying to steal Sara, and Laurel's father." Or some shit like that.

Felicity can't take a deep breath without criticism now. I just can't care anymore. 

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 15

Is it a cape on Laurel's outfit or a sort of a skirt?

I never understood why Quentin couldn't have been giving out advice and being supportive of all the young women on the show. He has a wonderful demeanor as caring non threatening dad like guy.  They should have capitalized on it. When they did play it up at the end of season 1 and the start of season 2, it was an interesting balance of Detective Lance still not approving but having a relationship that mattered and I liked that connection. 

• Love 10

been trolled by Torchwood, SH, and Supernatural about this kind of stuff before. I'm just maintaining a healthy dose of skepticism.

Ianto?

And the continued existence of Gwen Cooper LOL.

• Love 2

Yeah you're both right. I'm seriously not going to care anymore. They surely do have great chemistry.

I'm enjoying Quentin in the Arrow Cave just in general.  He and Curtis were great and really, I've liked him with everyone.  I just want more Quentin.  I want a Quentin focused episode that is about as serious as the Bee lady.  Seriously, could be awesome. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I loved Felicity/Quentin in Season 2 and was totally pissed when their interactions began to be limited. So I don't give a flying eff to critics and haters. I want this relationship. I don't see Lance as becoming Felicity's father by being fatherly toward her. I don't see this as Oliver now having banged all the Lance sisters because Felicity is a Smoak, not a Lance, no matter who her mother dates. The actors have great chemistry, the characters have a unique dynamic. I want this. (end rant and trantrum)

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 15

I loved Felicity/Quentin in Season 2 and was totally pissed when their interactions began to be limited. So I don't give a flying eff to critics and haters. I want this relationship. I don't see Lance as becoming Felicity's father by being fatherly toward her. I don't see this as Oliver now having banged all the Lance sisters because Felicity is a Smoak, not a Lance, no matter who her mother dates. The actors have great chemistry, the characters have a unique dynamic. I want this. (end rant and trantrum)

I want it to and I just posted not to long after that I'm beginning not to care about the critics and the haters who will nitpick anything regarding Felicity.
  • Love 2

Kudos to Paul Blackthorne for managing to make me overcome the hatred I had for his character after last season. The characters seem to have forgotten, so I did as well.

As for KC, I hope she won't regret changing her body shape so much after all her training but keep on with it.

• Love 4