Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I give up! The crossed arms again!

CUmIRV-WsAACCCm.jpg

I love how Oliver and Thea have their hands in front of them in a similar manner.

very sibling like..

I noticed because my supervisor commented today after seeing a picture of my sister that me and her have similar body mannerism (she's not wrong btw) so I noticed that right away, lol.

I'm embarrassed to admit this, but when I see Felicity with her hair down I now assume we're getting a bedroom scene. 3.20, 4.01, 4.06--the ponytail came down and out came what my friend and I refer to as Felicity's "sex hair", although I can't imagine they'd have time during the crossover event.

• Love 2

Awwww. I love Barry and Felicity's friendship so much.

But we're supposed to believe he'd not only be late to her funeral (hey, villain shenanigans wait for no one, I can buy that), but also be super casual about the whole thing.

Silliness.

• Love 10

Awwww. I love Barry and Felicity's friendship so much.

So does Oliver.  He's actually smiling when they hug.  Guess any residual jealousy is gone.

The guy who plays Hawkman has scary large arms.  I think they may be bigger than DR's.

• Love 1

I don't think they would have Donna show up at the gravesite with Oliver mid-season because it would narrow the field of possible deaths too much (really, down to Quentin and Felicity).

If Quentin is the one to die and Laurel survives to S5, then maybe they'll set up a storyline for Laurel where her father's death turns her dark.  She spends the summer hiatus intensively training in Nanda Parbat with Nyssa (who has finally become head of the LOA).  Then she returns to Star City in the fall with a killer mentality.  

It would contrast the two sisters yet again, but in reverse.  Now that Sara is emerging from darkness into light, they'd have Laurel descending from light (cough, cough) into darkness.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Flash Ep:           Arrow Ep:

Barry                 Oliver

Cisco                 Felicity

Oliver                 Diggle

Felicity               Thea

Diggle                Laurel

Thea                  Barry

The Hawks        Cisco

Malcolm            Caitlyn

Savage              The Hawks

Savage

Dang.

I think (not sure) Caitlin might be in the Flash episode, just not part of the Arrow/Flash scenes.  There's a whole subplot in the Flash portion involving Wells/Jay Garrick and testing some super speed formula.  It's possible that Caitlin will be involved in that story, not sure.

ETA: Malcolm is also in 408

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2

Flash Ep:           Arrow Ep:

Barry                 Oliver

Cisco                 Felicity

Oliver                 Diggle

Felicity               Thea

Diggle                Laurel

Thea                  Barry

The Hawks        Cisco

Malcolm            Caitlyn

Savage              The Hawks

Savage

Dang.

Plus Baby Mama and Baby.  Gonna be way overstuffed.

I don't think they would have Donna show up at the gravesite with Oliver mid-season because it would narrow the field of possible deaths too much (really, down to Quentin and Felicity).

If Quentin is the one to die and Laurel survives to S5, then maybe they'll set up a storyline for Laurel where her father's death turns her dark.  She spends the summer hiatus intensively training in Nanda Parbat with Nyssa (who's then head of the LOA).  Then she returns to Star City in the fall with a killer mentality.  

It would contrast the two sisters yet again, but in reverse.  Now that Sara is emerging from darkness into light, they'll have Laurel descending from light (cough, cough) into darkness.

I was actually thinking about that very possibility this morning. It's been thrown around a bit that the reason no one's talking about Laurel's season 4b storyline is that she'll be dealing with Quentin's death and they don't want to spoil that, but that doesn't quite add up to me because (thanks to the flashback in the premiere) the show has already made dealing with whoever's dead Oliver's storyline. Plus, Laurel already got the "dealing with the death of a loved one" last season when she became Black Canary as a response to Sara's death.

So, if Quentin is the death this season, having her go "dark" is one of the few storylines that would be different from her storyline last year and from Oliver's storyline in 4b where he's apparently swearing revenge on whoever killed the dead character. I know that trying to apply logic to the narrative decisions this show makes re: Laurel is an exercise in futility, but having Laurel go bad is pretty much the only storyline that wouldn't be a retread of either her own storyline from last year or redundant with what we already know is Oliver's storyline at the end of this year.    

Although, really, the most logical decision for a character without storylines who is a dud by pretty much every metric available (social media, episode ratings, critical response) is to just get rid of her altogether, either by putting her in the grave or by having her leave Star[ling] City in the wake of her father's death. 

• Love 3

What if Lance is in the Grave and Laurel leaves for Greener pastures?  Two birds with one stone (Although, I'd rather keep PB/Lance, he's too good of an actor to waste, IMO).  However, you could have Lance die protecting Laurel.  Dad's dead, Mom's off in CC, Sara's off in Space/Time and Laurel could decide that she needs a fresh start, away from all the death (Sara/Oliver, Tommy, Sara again, Lance) so she goes off to find a new start in a new town that needs a hero.  

• Love 2

I'm embarrassed to admit this, but when I see Felicity with her hair down I now assume we're getting a bedroom scene. 3.20, 4.01, 4.06--the ponytail came down and out came what my friend and I refer to as Felicity's "sex hair", although I can't imagine they'd have time during the crossover event.

I actually wish they would drop the ponytail for Felicity.  I know it's her look, but she looks much older without it.  There have been a few times this season (mostly notably the episode when Oliver revealed the new lair to the team) that between the shorter ponytail and the outfit she was wearing, EBR looked like a teenager next to SA.

I really like the still of Barry/Felicity.  I enjoy their friendship so much.

• Love 5

I don't watch The Flash anymore, so I don't care about Iris, but making her a reporter was the worst idea ever.  Everybody and their brother is showing up in the crossover, but there's just not a role for her here, I guess.  The EPs should have given her Caitlyn's position as a scientist instead when they were creating the character.  Oh well.

Edited by SonofaBiscuit
  • Love 2

Hey! There is always time.

Looks to be two very crowded episodes characterwise. I'm interested if they handle it right like they did during the last Flarrow crossover, or poorly as I think has been the case, at times, with Arrow. 

• Love 4

What if Lance is in the Grave and Laurel leaves for Greener pastures?  Two birds with one stone (Although, I'd rather keep PB/Lance, he's too good of an actor to waste, IMO).  However, you could have Lance die protecting Laurel.  Dad's dead, Mom's off in CC, Sara's off in Space/Time and Laurel could decide that she needs a fresh start, away from all the death (Sara/Oliver, Tommy, Sara again, Lance) so she goes off to find a new start in a new town that needs a hero.  

This makes by far the most sense to me, especially since that would mean no killing off of BC, which seems to be the sticking point in terms of people thinking that Laurel can't possibly be in the grave. Oh man, I can't even imagine how much better this show would be if it got rid of wasting time on Lance family drama every episode.

• Love 4

If the flash forward is 8 months in the future, that makes it in April and ep 419 going by previous years timing.  Even if grieving over Quentin's death is Laurel's plot for 4B, that's a lot of episodes until then where there isn't anything yet about what's happening for her unless they're finally going to do the conflict between ADA and vigilante.

I wonder if the brouhaha about Castle breaking up its main couple, and the pretty big drop in ratings that the breakup seems to have caused, will make Arrow EPs think twice about breaking up O/F at some point. 

I really hope so.  It just about killed the show permanently and it does look like they made a last minute switch scene to put them together before the winter hiatus based on how much people hated the separation.

Chappaquiddick refers to a accident where a car driven by Ted Kennedy went off the road into tidal pond. Kennedy was able to get free from the car but his passenger, Mary Jo Kopechne, was not. Instead of calling for help or trying to save her, he went home and failed to report the accident for 9 hours. There were all kinds of rumors around the event. That the woman was actually suffocated before the accident. That Kennedy was drunk and that's why he crashed the car and failed to report it until he had sobered up. Whatever the truth is, at the time of the accident it was universally believed that he would go on to follow in John's footsteps and become president. The accident ended up destroying his political career beyond being a Senator.

I remember at the time that it was about him being drunk but ironically, it wasn't the fact that he was drunk but that there was an air bubble in the car and if he had called for help immediately instead of waiting for so many hours she might have been saved.

If Quentin is the one to die and Laurel survives to S5, then maybe they'll set up a storyline for Laurel where her father's death turns her dark.  She spends the summer hiatus intensively training in Nanda Parbat with Nyssa (who has finally become head of the LOA).  Then she returns to Star City in the fall with a killer mentality.  

It would contrast the two sisters yet again, but in reverse.  Now that Sara is emerging from darkness into light, they'd have Laurel descending from light (cough, cough) into darkness.

I like the idea but I've come to accept, reluctantly, that they are never going to let Laurel go dark even though it might be the best thing that could happen to the character.

I didn't really expect Iris to be on the Arrow part of the crossover.  Following comics and making her a reporter instead of someone who could actually be useful to Team Flash pretty much killed her usefullness in any crossover.

I wanted The Calculator to be her father, but that is not who I would cast at all.

I thought they would do a special announcement for her father. I don't know. Reading that it really didn't give me the impression it was her father.

I've never seen Everwood. Is he good?

Very very good.

I wanted The Calculator to be her father, but that is not who I would cast at all.

I thought they would do a special announcement for her father. I don't know. Reading that it really didn't give me the impression it was her father.

I would bet most of my 401k that he is.  Timing's right, character's right (computer science genius). 

• Love 7

So does Oliver.  He's actually smiling when they hug.  Guess any residual jealousy is gone.

I was going to comment that his smile on the picture posted by was a bit stilted and not too appreciative. Perception is in the eye of the beholder :)

Me neither, but I saw the Untouchables in the 90's and he was good.

Yes, Tom Amandes is good.  And you really need to get on that because of Chris Pratt!  Bright and Hannah.  Sigh.

Other than a stupid storyline involving a baby, it's a great show.  Oh, and for whatever reason I've never been a huge fan of the main LI girl, who's the main character in Revenge.

• Love 1

He's a great actor but not who I imagined as Felicity's dad. Although we don't know for sure that he is yet. Gonna wait and see...

I like how they're bringing Roy back though. Nice.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 2

He's a great actor but not who I imagined as Felicity's dad. Although we don't know for sure that he is yet. Gonna wait and see...

I like how they're bringing Roy back though. Nice.

He's totally her father.

ETA DR's drop the mic comment makes perfect sense now.  I wonder if this/these are setup episodes and he comes back as a major bad in S5?

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 2

Pretty sure he was in Scandal for a few episodes. He's definitely a good actor. 

He's totally her father.

Well, it certainly lines up with her dad already cast. It just makes me laugh that people predicted he'd be The Calculator. It's like nothing is a surprise anymore. 

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 1

Other than a stupid storyline involving a baby, it's a great show.  Oh, and for whatever reason I've never been a huge fan of the main LI girl, who's the main character in Revenge.

Oh my gosh, I was thinking about that stupid storyline this morning!

Tom Amandes has been good in everything I've seen him in. Glad he's joining the show and love the idea of him as Felicity's dad.

• Love 2

David Rappaport said that they're announcing who was cast as Felicity's dad this week. It's totally him.

I'm actually excited about Tom Amandes as Felicity's dad. He's a good actor and from his previous roles, I can totally picture him as a guy that ditched his family and decided to go bad because he thinks he's better/smarter than everyone else.

• Love 5

I like the actor, he was very good on Everwood. I've seen him in a few other things and he's never disappointed before. Being that he's Calculator and the announcement follows what Rappaport Casting said on Sunday I'm going with this guy being Felicity's dad.

I think this is great casting for Calculator and if he is indeed Felicity's father I think it's great casting as well.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 8

I think he's a good actor. They probably will hint that he's Felicity's father but will leave the surprise reveal for the episode. 

I'm thinking Rapport maybe wasn't suppose to say they had casted Felicity's Father.

He is a good actor, just not what I pictured. Him and Donna?

I'm totally willing to be proven wrong. It depends on how it comes across on screen. But my initial gut reaction was 'huh.'

I wonder if he'll come up against Felicity and become obsessed with finding out who she is like he did with Oracle in the comics. 

• Love 3

They have already hinted that he was different than Donna though. 

I mean more physically. Donna seemed to imply he swept her off her feet and that's an odd picture.

I do really like how they seem to be introducing him. Having him pull in Roy? Never saw that coming.

• Love 1