Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Since they've already established magic with DD, maybe the game-changer is real time travel (as opposed to Barry's attempts).

I loved that scene with Malcolm and Felicity. Because she doesn't put up with his bullshit. He made a choice and Felicity is going to remind him of that over and over again because that's the least she can do. To make him feel bad about his actions.

But it won't work, she can't make him feel bad about his actions because he's a sociopath and thinks everything he does is justified.  The only person Malcolm Merlyn will listen to is himself.

I love it when Felicity stands up to him but I think that they've had enough times when she did earlier in 3x20 and again in 3x21) and shots of MM looking impressed by her, that I'm glad they cut this one when he's genuinely grieving for Tommy, Rebecca, Moira and Thea because Felicity would have been called a bitch by so many.  (I'm thinking of Felicity here, not Malcolm.)

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1

Lol Felicity was a bitch to Malcolm? Poor guy. Sucks that everything she said was entirely true.

I felt no sympathy for him because everything that was happening to Thea WAS because he loves himself first and foremost and would put his daughter in harms way in order to be exonerated.

I loved that scene with Malcolm and Felicity. Because she doesn't put up with his bullshit. He made a choice and Felicity is going to remind him of that over and over again because that's the least she can do. To make him feel bad about his actions.

And it wasn't a one-time thing, either. Every day she was in continuing danger bc the LOA wouldn't know about Thea's involvement unless Malcolm released the video, as he threatened to do. He drugged his daughter into murdering a friend of hers and then held the sick-ass video he'd taken of the murder over her/Oliver's head. He's absolutely, utterly grotesque, and I want him to be thrown into a lagoon filled with hungry crocodiles.

Oh, and the reason he was in trouble in the first place was because he murdered 503 innocent people in the Undertaking. The EPs trying to send him on a redemption tour is one of the dumbest things about S3. He's garbage and he needs to die.

"that I'm glad they cut this one when he's genuinely grieving for Tommy, Rebecca, Moira and Thea because Felicity would have been called a bitch by so many."

Malcolm killed Tommy. It's not like he couldn't have anticipated Tommy dying, either, since Malcolm knew Laurel worked in the Glades, and it wouldn't be surprising for Tommy to go to the Glades to try to help her. He also threatened to murder Moira and Thea: to Oliver "Don't worry, your mother and sister will be joining you soon...in DEATH." He's utterly awful and entirely irredeemable.

Edited by AyChihuahua
I don't think they could shoot the cross-over while Arrow was shooting another episode. The logistics would be too nightmare-ish.

Isn't that exactly what they did last year? 

Arrow 307/Flash 108 - filmed simultaneously

Arrow 308/Flash 109 - filmed simultaneously 

Since they've already established magic with DD, maybe the game-changer is real time travel (as opposed to Barry's attempts).

But it won't work, she can't make him feel bad about his actions because he's a sociopath and thinks everything he does is justified. The only person Malcolm Merlyn will listen to is himself.

I love it when Felicity stands up to him but I think that they've had enough times when she did earlier in 3x20 and again in 3x21) and shots of MM looking impressed by her, that I'm glad they cut this one when he's genuinely grieving for Tommy, Rebecca, Moira and Thea because Felicity would have been called a bitch by so many.

Except he was the reason for Tommy's death and didn't think twice about it. He was the reason Thea was in that state because he put himself first again. He must've known it could've ended up like this when he was making this plan which is why I don't give a damn about him or his feelings tbh.

Malcolm deserves to be called out regardless of what state he is in. How else is he going to learn? If Malcolm was a sociopath he wouldn't have even been grieving Thea or Tommy. Because you know... Hes a sociopath.

What I love about this scene was that usually Felicity makes pot shots at him. But this? This must've cut deep which is what he deserves. This is the reality of the situation he put himself in and he needs to know that regardless of whether he listens or not.

And if you think that he only listens to himself then why does it matter that Felicity said what she said? No harm done right?

• Love 3

So I don't get the deleted dream sequence. He says he's happy, that he hasn't said before and his mouth couldn't form the words. She says he'll get better at it, he deserves it...he's [stupid LOA name I refuse to type]. Huh? He's happy being [stupid LOA name I refuse to type]? What was it supposed to mean, other than to freak him out about her calling him that?

What she says to him is just weird, though. You'll get used to being happy, bc you're [stupid LOA name I refuse to type]. Was that supposed to imply he kind of wanted to be that guy? But he wakes up and immediately goes into I am Oliver Queen mode.

I think the line is supposed to be weird/not make sense. Like when you're dreaming and everything is going great, but then something really strange happens, you realize you're dreaming, and you wake up.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 2

Isn't that exactly what they did last year? 

Arrow 307/Flash 108 - filmed simultaneously

Arrow 308/Flash 109 - filmed simultaneously 

I can see them doing the crossovers simultaneously because a major part of the cast was involved with both (Oliver, Felicity, Diggle, Barry, Caitlin, Cisco).  I meant that it would be even harder logistically if the Arrow cast were shooting a regular episode at the same time as working on the Flash part of the crossover.

Malcolm deserves to be called out regardless of what state he is in. How else is he going to learn? If Malcolm was a sociopath he wouldn't have even been grieving Thea or Tommy. Because you know... Hes a sociopath.

Sociopaths can grieve.  What they can't do is understand that it is their own actions that caused the tragedy.  For Malcolm, it will always be someone else's fault (the thugs in the Glades, not the man who wouldn't answer his wife's phone call).  Malcolm will never learn because he is a sociopath.  Felicity can call Malcolm out every day and twice on Sunday but he will never get it that he's the one at fault.  Felicity is the one who is going to get hurt there.

I don't know if the case of Omar Khadr is familiar to people. He was born in Canada to a family of Islamic extremists and spent his early life moving back and forth between Canada and Pakistan.  When he was 15 in 2002, there was a fire fight in Afghanistan in a compound he was in after which a US medic was killed.  The details are contradictory but the military court decided in a decision as shady as hell that Khadr murdered the medic  For the next 13 years, he was first in Guantanamo and later Canadian federal prison.  He was technically a boy soldier, fighting in a war zone, and there is reason to believe someone else threw that grenade.

But setting aside whether he did it or not, if you listen to the interviews with the medic's wife, she's still caught in the moment, a tragedy.  She is still so angry and so hurt and wanting vengeance with the harshest sentences, unable to move beyond that time (I suspect because she's being encouraged not to).

Felicity calling Malcolm out is fun to watch but she's going to end up being the one to be hurt because she'll be trapped in the anger and the pain.  Telling him they have no reason to believe or trust him in 3x22 was good because it was about their interactions in the moment; I don't think her words in the scene with Thea would have touched Malcolm and it would have kept hurting Felicity.

I don't see how Felicity calling out Malcolm on being a terrible person hurts her at all. It's not like she's in some kind of relationship where they have to move on or break up and continually calling him out brings up some hurt they're trying to move past. Malcolm does have moments of heartfelt honesty (I think), but he's an awful person, and in those moments of heartfelt honesty (like he was having with Thea), it's easy to forget all the terrible things he's done. Doesn't hurt to voice a reminder of that, even if those words have no effect on Malcolm. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 5

There is no reason whatsoever for Felicity or anyone else to forgive Malcolm or in any way move on from what he spent years doing, which is murdering people. He's not her dad who left her, or an ex-boyfriend who dumped her, or a friend who hurt her feelings. He's a scumbag mass murderer who keeps hanging around.

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 2

I can see them doing the crossovers simultaneously because a major part of the cast was involved with both (Oliver, Felicity, Diggle, Barry, Caitlin, Cisco). I meant that it would be even harder logistically if the Arrow cast were shooting a regular episode at the same time as working on the Flash part of the crossover.

I'm sorry I'm obviously missing something here. Last year they filmed the Flarrow crossover while also filming other episodes.

While SA/EBR/DR were filming Flash 108 they were also filming Arrow 307. When GG/DP/CV were over filming 308 they were also filming Flash 109.

By all accounts from the cast and crew the scheduling was a nightmare.

Edited by Morrigan2575

I agree, there is no reason for Felicity to forgive Malcolm for the things that he did and I hope she doesn't.

But I don't want to see her stuck in anger. The other scenes where she's given him shade, they were appropriate. I thought that scene wasn't.

(I'd move the discussion to the Felicity thread but I think I've said all I've got.)

While SA/EBR/DR were filming Flash 108 they were also filming Arrow 307. When GG/DP/CV were over filming 308 they were also filming Flash 109.

By all accounts from the cast and crew the scheduling was a nightmare.

Sorry, I didn't know that.

No wonder they said it was a nightmare.

Felicity calling Malcolm out is fun to watch but she's going to end up being the one to be hurt because she'll be trapped in the anger and the pain.  Telling him they have no reason to believe or trust him in 3x22 was good because it was about their interactions in the moment; I don't think her words in the scene with Thea would have touched Malcolm and it would have kept hurting Felicity.

I get what you are saying.  I enjoyed the scene but Felicity hating and calling Malcolm out doesn't add new information to the show, we've seen it before and the scene could be used to malign her character so based on that, it being cut was a good thing.  I still wish we could have had Malcolm's line to Thea about it being ok if she didn't come back but yeah, it would have ticked me off if they showed Malcolm in a purely sympathetic light without a reminder that it's all his fault.   

• Love 1

Pretty much everyone on the show seems to get dumber around Malcolm, and his mere presence is a problem for the show as long as he lives, IMO. The fails in logic required to keep him around were some of the worst moments on the show, ever, IMO, even if Barrowman is a lot of fun in the role. Felicity's disdain for him is the best thing about Malcolm now that his antagonistic relationship with Moira is in the past.* At least for me, anyway.

*His pride when Thea shot him is still great, though.

• Love 11

Pretty much everyone on the show seems to get dumber around Malcolm, and his mere presence is a problem for the show as long as he lives, IMO. The fails in logic required to keep him around were some of the worst moments on the show, ever, IMO, even if Barrowman is a lot of fun in the role. Felicity's disdain for him is the best thing about Malcolm now that his antagonistic relationship with Moira is in the past.* At least for me, anyway.

*His pride when Thea shot him is still great, though.

Someone needs to continue to call Malcolm out. If it's Felicity, so be it; I'll love her all the more for it. The ridiculous lengths the Show went to accommodate him last year were nonsensical. I don't want to see, oh, he's Ra's now, let's all forget about the many, many, many evil things he's done. I like JB well enough, but not enough to want to see his character redeemed. He could save a boatload of kittens. Great for the kittens; he's still a murdering crazy person. 

• Love 3

I don't know why Barry would attend that, though.  I think a wedding is too obvious, but I think that's the reaction SA is looking for.  Which is kind of ironic, considering he already said if it was up to him no footage for the upcoming season would ever get out.  But since it's Facebook, ok then.  LOL

It's okay if he releases stuff because its his choice, he is in control. It's a little bit of a power & ego trip. He doesn't mind it coming from him - he just doesn't like when others spoil the surprise. Although this pic is a kinda weak spoiler. It does look like a funeral - but I can't think of who's funeral/memorial is a game changer, unless its when we have the big miniaturized RP reveal. I can imagine him buzzing around people & people trying to swat him like a fly until they realize it is him.

• Love 3

What she says to him is just weird, though. You'll get used to being happy, bc you're [stupid LOA name I refuse to type]. Was that supposed to imply he kind of wanted to be that guy? But he wakes up and immediately goes into I am Oliver Queen mode.

It was a poorly worded scene & would have taken away from the final "i'm happy" which is likely why it was cut. Although I think they should have had him dream about the runaway porsche (only without any script), just a quick shot - because that final scene really would have been a gotcha because everyone would have thought the sunset scene was just filmed for a dream sequence. It was a missed opportunity for the editors to have some fun.

• Love 1

I can imagine him buzzing around people & people trying to swat him like a fly until they realize it is him.

I hope that happens, if only for a metastatement about Ray Palmer in s3.

And yes, SA is totally a control freak.  But it does seem to work in the show's favor most of the time.

• Love 2

That photo is rather innocuous, the type of stuff SA likes teasing people with. What he gets furious over are the "big" moments, such as the first kiss and the ring in the soufflé. I don't think it's about control as much as knowing how to tease and just plain spoiling.

• Love 5

It does look like a funeral - but I can't think of who's funeral/memorial is a game changer, unless its when we have the big miniaturized RP reveal. I can imagine him buzzing around people & people trying to swat him like a fly until they realize it is him.

And that is when I would REALLY start trying to swat him.

• Love 1

That photo is rather innocuous, the type of stuff SA likes teasing people with. What he gets furious over are the "big" moments, such as the first kiss and the ring in the soufflé. I don't think it's about control as much as knowing how to tease and just plain spoiling.

Oh i don't know about that.  This is the same guy that told a fan all about the Olicity sex scene in 320.  He was extremely lucky that fan didn't spoil that to the world.

• Love 3

It's okay if he releases stuff because its his choice, he is in control. It's a little bit of a power & ego trip. He doesn't mind it coming from him - he just doesn't like when others spoil the surprise. Although this pic is a kinda weak spoiler. It does look like a funeral - but I can't think of who's funeral/memorial is a game changer, unless its when we have the big miniaturized RP reveal. I can imagine him buzzing around people & people trying to swat him like a fly until they realize it is him.

Lending new meaning to the term "coffin fly" (sorry).

If that deleted dream sequence had been kept in, plus the final O&F driving off scene, then questions would've been raised, such as:

• Is Oliver psychic? Even though their clothes are different, Felicity is wearing the same earrings and has the same hairstyle in both dream and real scenes. Or did Oliver ask Felicity to wear her hair that way and wear those earrings (controlling, much)?
  • Did Oliver have that Porsche stashed away somewhere or rented in advance?
  • Is Oliver's final "I'm happy" now a calculated, planned line (rather than a spontaneous utterance) because he's trying to actualize his dream?

Deleted 3x23 O&F Driving Off Scene (O's Dream):

https://twitter.com/emiIybetts/status/646175012748062720

Actual 3x23 O&F Driving Off Scene:

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 6

If that deleted dream sequence had been kept in, plus the final O&F driving off scene, then questions would've been raised, such as:

• Is Oliver psychic? Even though their clothes are different, Felicity is wearing the same earrings and has the same hairstyle in both dream and real scenes. Or did Oliver ask Felicity to wear her hair that way and wear those earrings (controlling, much)?
  • Did Oliver have that Porsche stashed away somewhere or rented in advance?
  • Is Oliver's final "I'm happy" now a calculated, planned line (rather than a spontaneous utterance) because he's trying to actualize his dream?

Totally agree. Unless they had changed Felicity's whole look and probably some dialogue, they could have done one scene or the other, but not both--and certainly not all three, if you include the scene where he describes the dream to her. I thought Oliver's description of it was so much stronger than the dream itself--and it filled in that blank nicely, so you could hazard a guess as to what he'd been dreaming about on the plane. Plus, I think the "I'm happy" would have had less impact with the actual dream scene, so I think they made the right call. 

• Love 7

To have Ronnie die permanently and turn Caitlin into Killer Frost is already way overused on these shows.  It would be like putting up a sign "Abandon Originality All Ye Who Enter".  Not to mention, it would be a permanent loss of Ronnie until he comes back from the dead and they've already done that once.  I have no desire to see him vie with Sara for the crown of Most Often Returned From The Dead.

-- On what Diggle's been up to since Oliver & Felicity left town, DR: "Digg has been running the show with Canary and Speedy.  We've been the ones policing Starling City."

I hope that means that Diggle has been the one directing things.  He's had way more experience than anyone else, first in the army and then Team Arrow. It should be Diggle.

• Love 2

For what it's worth, someone posted on Twitter that Grant was the only Flash cast member there for that scene. No news on who else was there besides him and SA.

Stupid spec but if it's just Oliver and Barry, I wonder if this is the scene that explains why Flash/Arrow aren't on LoT?  Assuming that they're filming Flash 208 and not Arrow 307.  

In addition to the deleted scenes on page 617 of this thread, here are 4 more deleted scenes...

Oliver/Diggle deleted scene from 303 ("you are my family")
https://twitter.com/OlicityMafia/status/646482062594211840

Malcolm/Thea deleted scene from 305 pt3 ("family's precious, Thea")
https://twitter.com/OlicityMafia/status/646486290192560128

Thea/Roy deleted scene from 309 ("get out of my bar!")
https://twitter.com/OlicityMafia/status/646479307808882697

Diggle/Lyla/Cupid/Deadshot deleted scene from 317 ("and here I thought I couldn't hate politicians any more")
https://twitter.com/OlicityMafia/status/646493062156394496

And here's a youtube compilation of some of the deleted Felicity scenes:

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

In addition to the deleted scenes on page 617 of this thread, here are 4 more deleted scenes...

Oliver/Diggle deleted scene from 303 ("you are my family")

https://twitter.com/OlicityMafia/status/646482062594211840

Thea/Roy deleted scene from 309 ("get out of my bar!")

https://twitter.com/OlicityMafia/status/646479307808882697

These two doofuses better kiss and make up quickly into the new season. I just love them.

The bar "fight" is hilariously bad and therefore pretty convincing looking.

Things not looking so good for my need to not have Andy alive in present day.

Why do you say that? What am I missing? I really hope it doesn't happen.

Not for nothing, nobody posted the scene where Oliver talks about Tommy yet?

Nothing happened just confirmation that the 4.7 flashbacks are still Ollie centric so less likely for Andy to appear in a flashback. Though I know there are the 4.8 flashbacks that aren't Ollie centric but that's a LOT set up episode so I'm less sure about Diggle Flashback. Just me worried.

Why do you say that? What am I missing? I really hope it doesn't happen.

Not for nothing, nobody posted the scene where Oliver talks about Tommy yet?

Edited by tarotx

There's also DR's interview in TV Guide where he says that we find out "some very interesting information" about Diggle's brother and that there are "some huge twists."

Wouldn't you know it - some clever fan picked up that Oliver previously mentioned souffles in 1x15 (posting it here because of the 4x01 spoiler pics):

tumblr_nv63uhaxRm1u0odxmo5_400.gif tumblr_nv63uhaxRm1u0odxmo3_400.gif

tumblr_nv63uhaxRm1u0odxmo2_400.gif tumblr_nv63uhaxRm1u0odxmo1_400.gif

tumblr_nv63uhaxRm1u0odxmo6_400.gif tumblr_nv63uhaxRm1u0odxmo4_400.gif

(source)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 10

It will not be a huge twist if Andy turns up alive because that twist has been used a million times on this show. 

i agree it wouldn't be a huge twist. I have already stated that I don't mind if he is alive in the present because unless I see the funeral & death I never consider people actually "dead" on shows like ARROW. That being said I understand the back from the dead fatigue that can happen, so I get why so many here don't want it and would not consider it a twist. (It's not really a twist) (Nor is Andy being a possible bad guy in present/fb a twist). But TPTB will continue to call them twists.

Another Andy twist that I have been thinking about but don't want is what if OQ worked with Andy in the past. What if they were buddies and did missions together? I do not want this because I feel that OQ would either have to been lied to about who Andy was, or never put it together that Andy & his "buddy" were the same  person. Or he has been keeping the truth from Dig (my biggest fear). Either way it might reflect poorly on OQ. For the previous 3 seasons, I never imagined that it would have been possible for OQ to keep a secret as big as knowing/working with Andy a secret from Dig - but now that they created and kept the broken bromance, I feel like OQ keeping a secret of that caliber from Dig is possible. I really want their bromance to be repaired this season, but I can see the writers trying to stretch it out by using Andy. And it won't matter that Andy is alive or dead - he'll still be driving plot & drama.

It's possible that Andy crossed paths with Oliver in flashback and they didn't know it? But yeah, if the actor who plays Andy is on set and they're not filming Diggle flashbacks, then it's likely he's still alive. But that means Deadshot killed the wrong guy and we also have the most predictable 'twist' ever. 

Andy being in Ollie's past? I guess it could work if Andy was undercover with Shadowspire and Ollie never knew his real name. But that's a huge Coincidence and I hate those....But no way in hell do I want Oliver to have known he knew Diggle's brother and has not told him for 4 years. That's probably a breaking point for me. 

Not telling of a past romance isn't anything big for me. I mean Oliver should share his sex history with Felicity the women he wants to marry but since it's in the past it's not a betrayer. Not telling Diggle about Andy is, especially when it was Oliver who tells Diggle about Deadshot so they had conversations about Andy.

• Love 1

Andy being in Ollie's past? I guess it could work if Andy was undercover with Shadowspire and Ollie never knew his real name. But that's a huge Coincidence and I hate those....But no way in hell do I want Oliver to have known he knew Diggle's brother and has not told him for 4 years. That's probably a breaking point for me. 

Not telling of a past romance isn't anything big for me. I mean Oliver should share his sex history with Felicity the women he wants to marry but since it's in the past it's not a betrayer. Not telling Diggle about Andy is, especially when it was Oliver who tells Diggle about Deadshot so they had conversations about Andy.

I don't want Oliver to have known Andy either. It would taint things for me personally. But if they do go there, I just hope Oliver didn't know who he was. That's the only way I could stomach that tbh. I don't think it will happen though, just trying to account for the Andy actor being around and not filming Diggle flashbacks.

• Love 2

I'm not really following LOT news/spoilers, but I just saw this, which does make a funeral for Ronnie more likely:

At San Diego Comic-Con today, Legends of Tomorrow executive producer Phil Klemmer seemingly confirmed the new partnership by saying Jay Jackson is "probably the last person Professor Stein (Victor Garber) wants to share Firestorm with."

From: http://comicbook.com/2015/07/12/jay-jackson-is-other-half-of-firestorm-in-legends-of-tomorrow/