Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I thought I made it pretty clear that Felicity's loyalty here has nothing to do with any interest she might have in Oliver's penis. She's his friend, and more than that, she's an integral part of Team Arrow. The idea that some guy can come in and be a rival of Oliver's, in business, vigilantism or whatever, and even look like being able to entice her away from him (romantically or professionally) does not sit well with me. articularly when Oliver is not putting the same kind of thought into her feelings.

She has to worry about Oliver's feelings if she dates some guy he doesn't like? When has he worried about her feelings? She can't accept a job because Oliver doesn't like her boss? Is Oliver going to pay her bills? Daniel might be Ted Kord, and if he is, they might bond over their love of techie stuff, but she can't be his friend because it might give Oliver a sad? What kind of friend is Oliver anyway? Is he still the same pre-island douchebag, who didn't give second thought to anyone else's feelings, even the people he was supposed to love.

Friendship is a two-way street, and if it looks like Daniel will be good for Felicity (either as a boyfriend, or a boss, however this plays out), then as a friend, Oliver needs to put aside his petty rivalries and support her.

• Love 3
(edited)

Only a small percentage of sociopaths are serial killers or go to prison.  Most of them are businessmen or lawyers or other professionals. Not to name names but there is a certain person on Shark Tank...

Speaking from my own biases, which is as someone who loathed the Dr. Motorcycle Boy part of Castle (so glad Victor Webster go a good role on Continuum), I still think it can work if Oliver friendzones her and then Felicity starts dating Daniel, possibly meeting him while she's looking for a new job,  before Oliver knows about him and becomes a business rival.

And the trouble is, from what I've seen of Oliver, it would make sense to me that seeing Felicity with some other guy (even if it is an Oliver analogue who is also his rival) would be more likely to make him shut down emotionally, than to make him grow. We've seen it before, from him. That's an established character trait by this point, I think. When he feels emotionally compromised, he takes the easiest way out. He tells himself, 'no more. I can't be happy'. To have him go a different way this time would feel false to me.

What if it's part of his growth? There have been a few things which Present Oliver did differently than Past Oliver did, for example not leaving Felicity behind and save as  he did Sara, and curing and capturing Slade whereas he had tried to kill him before.  This can be a new stage of growth for him where instead of shutting down, he makes clear efforts to deal with the situation.

And I don't think the idea of an Oliver analogue works for Felicity either. Because where's the story? That she's dating a guy like Oliver without realising it? Is she trying to make a point? Is it actually just SA playing this guy, wearing a wig and a fake nose? Why not give her someone who is completely detached from all of this and give her a choice.

Maybe that is her choice -- Oliver. And if he doesn't want to be with her, she's still attracted to the same type, a strong man with a good heart who wants to make a difference in the world.

Well, we saw what happened when Felicity expressed her dislike of Isabel,

The more I think about this, the more I want Felicity to make the decision on the basis of what she wants rather than any personal loyalty to Oliver. It's not like he gave a damn how she felt when he was with Isabel, especially given that Isabel treated Felicity like something foul on the bottom of her show, so why should Felicity have to give up a good guy because platonic friend Oliver looks on him as a rival?

To me the problem is that Felicity has already been shown to have her life revolve around Oliver to a disturbing degree, and for her to make dating choices based on what Oliver does or does not like just continues to make it worse. A LOT worse. 

ITA.  He's had his chance, now she needs to do what's best for her. At this point, she owes him friend loyalty, as he does her,  but not more.

If Lyla was a woman Diggle had just met and started dating, or hadn't even begun dating, and they found out she was on a different side? Yes, I think Diggle would end things.

What does "different side" mean?  Are we talking Montagues and Capulets, or Blue Jays vs Dodgers?  Or Communist vs Fascist ? J Walter Thompson vs McCann Ericson?  People have business rivals all the time and unless Daniel is doing something to prevent Oliver from being able to re-acquire his company, as Isabel did, the same Isabel Oliver was sleeping with, why shouldn't Felicity date him?

I don't understand how Daniel can be half as bad as Isabel was even in the first half of s2. She wanted to take his company, she insulted him and she continually put Felicity down both to her face and behind her back.  And if Oliver got to sleep with Isabel in spite of Felicity and Diggle telling him not to, why shouldn't Felicity be able to decide her own life for herself?

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 4

Daniel is going to be a rival for Oliver professionally and personally and a love interest for Felicity. From the description he's a tech wizard soon to be hero with a tragic past. Many are speculating he's Ted Kord...I.e. The Blue Beatle

(edited)

Daniel, who might Ted Kord, is going to be a personal and professional rival for Oliver. He might be a love interest or boss for Felicity.

Beat me to it :)

Edited by Lokiberry
(edited)

‘DANIEL’ | Though Daniel could be a fake name to throw off spoilerholics, this 20something gent — a major recurring character for Season 3 — is a handsome, enigmatic and highly intelligent entrepreneur developing groundbreaking technology. (Picture a business magnate in Ryan Gosling’s body.) Though exuding charm and confidence in public, he privately harbors a tragic past that will drive him to become a tech-powered superhero. Watch for this formidable fella to be a love interest for Felicity and a rival of Oliver’s – both personally and professionally.

http://tvline.com/2014/06/14/arrow-season-3-spoilers-oliver-rivals-felicity-love-interest/

I wonder if we'll be told the casting at ComicCon.

Since he's going to be a high-tech-powered superhero, maybe he hires Felicity to help him build the tech.

Edited by statsgirl
(edited)

There are a lot of sociopaths out there,

There may be a lot of sociopaths out there, but it's coming across like you're practically calling everyone who's ever dated or married someone their family or friends didn't like a sociopath, and I think that's reaching, to put it mildly.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 1
(edited)

She has to worry about Oliver's feelings if she dates some guy he doesn't like? When has he worried about her feelings? She can't accept a job because Oliver doesn't like her boss? Is Oliver going to pay her bills? Daniel might be Ted Kord, and if he is, they might bond over their love of techie stuff, but she can't be his friend because it might give Oliver a sad? What kind of friend is Oliver anyway? Is he still the same pre-island douchebag, who didn't give second thought to anyone else's feelings, even the people he was supposed to love.

Friendship is a two-way street, and if it looks like Daniel will be good for Felicity (either as a boyfriend, or a boss, however this plays out), then as a friend, Oliver needs to put aside his petty rivalries and support her.

Okay, seriously. When did I say this was Oliver's decision to make? How on earth are you getting any of this from what I said? I said that Felicity should avoid dating a guy who is a rival of Oliver's. Felicity makes that decision, because she cares about Oliver. Not that Oliver should order her to, or get into a snit and sulk until she submits. For all the talk of this being up to Felicity, you're removing any thoughts and feelings she might have about it, with this reasoning.

Besides, if this is a TV love triangle, then Oliver will be supportive. He'll do the done-to-death manpain thing of telling her he's happy for her, and then angst and torment himself when her back is turned. But I get the feeling that's what some viewers will want to see, so perhaps I'm not the intended audience.

I don't understand how Daniel can be half as bad as Isabel was even in the first half of s2. She wanted to take his company, she insulted him and she continually put Felicity down both to her face and behind her back.  And if Oliver got to sleep with Isabel in spite of Felicity and Diggle telling him not to, why shouldn't Felicity be able to decide her own life for herself?

Yeah, I think that's more like revisionist history. I don't recall Isabel ever saying anything about Felicity until they went to Russia. She did not continually put Felicity down, either before or after that episode. Nor did she insult Oliver much after that episode, and by that stage, she was playing along with the idea that they were going to cooperate in running the company. In fact, she pretty much disappeared for most of the next ten or so episodes, and when she reappeared, they seemed to be getting on well enough. Nor do I think either Felicity or Diggle told Oliver not to sleep with Isabel, because it was never something that seemed on the cards until it happened.

Edited by Danny Franks
  • Love 1

I wonder if we'll be told the casting at ComicCon.

Since he's going to be a high-tech-powered superhero, maybe he hires Felicity to help him build the tech.

Filming starts 7/9 ( I think) we should get casting news for any character in 301 right around there, if not earlier.

EBR is in Los Angeles currently, I think they might be casting Daniel right now, and she's there for the chemistry tests.

I can't stand love triangles, but at this point I just want Felicity to have a relationship with anyone but Team Arrow, romantic or not. I agree with those saying there's no way a love interest for her is gonna be independent of what Oliver thinks/feels, but I actually enjoyed the dynamics with Barry in S2, so. I'm cautiously optimistic about Daniel.

• Love 1

SA said at Upfronts, I believe,  that this season Oliver is going to have to decide how much of his humanity he wants back and I think the Felicity/Daniel relationship along with Diggle Jr. and Oliver Jr will all be used to slowly breakdown the walls that Oliver built up during his 5 years away. For good or bad jealousy is a powerful motivator. Right now Oliver has Felicity in a convenient emotional box. He cares for her and she's his partner but he doesn't have to evaluate those feelings. He doesn't have to take them out of the box and see exactly what it is he feels.  He doesn't have to experience what it feels like when she has a life away from him. She's safe away from his damaged self but he can have her loyalty and affection without risking putting her in danger from him enemies and hurting her like he did to all the other women he "risked" being a relationship with. I put risked in quotes because except for McKenna Oliver's attempts at relationship were about other reasons then actually looking to try to bond with another person. (Laurel regaining the life he use to have, Sara finding someone who shared his nightmare, Helena saving her, and Isabel a meaningless one night stand that I actually think had more to do with throwing her off the sent of Oliver and Felicity being a couple). And to be honest Oliver needs a good swift kick in the pants to move forward. He's found a comfort zone where he doesn't have to push himself to come back completely to his new life and can still remain detached emotionally. Characters being vulnerable and overcoming obstacles are what moves plot along in the story and since Oliver is the main protagonist no character is going to be added to the series unless they impact Oliver. Love triangles might be cliché and annoying at times but there are reasons that writers use them, they cause characters to grow, think, change.

And what Felicity said on the island is how she feels. Yes, she loves Oliver. She's not ashamed of that but she believes they are unthinkable; that he could never care about her that way. Confronting him and asking him to love her just isn't who Felicity is right now. She's encouraged him to try with McKenna, thought he deserved better with Isabel and supported his relationship with Sara. But she's not going to be the one to make the first move. Like EBR said at Upfronts this is Oliver's battle, Felicity isn't going to wait around for him to decide if he wants to fight it.

If the new love interest is Ted Kord then from what I've read he's one of the more light hearted DC heroes. So Felicity finding someone who is fun to be around and shares her interest in all things tech sounds great to me. Oliver treated QC like it was useful when he needed a secret identity and the rest of the time he played at being a CEO, if he wants it back he's going to have to grow up in business as well as in his personal life. Daniel sounds like he is a multi use character that will be providing the incentive for Oliver to do both.

I'm willing to give the writers some leeway on this because honestly I just want more Felicity in Arrow and despite failing on other storylines the writers have done a fairly good job of developing Oliver and Felicity in a healthy and strong way, slowly building the foundation of this relationship and I want to see how this plays out.

• Love 10

Instead of the love triangle (which I don't have a problem with if they're done right) I'd like to see something more of a loyalty test. Maybe Felicity takes a job with Daniel or his company, while helping Oliver on the side, and she starts to figure out her new boss is involved in secretive activities. Thinking he might be a criminal she starts to investigate, in case she needs to bring it to Oliver's attention, and realizes Daniel is a vigilante too (Blue Beetle, Booster Gold, whoever). Daniel realizes she knows and asks her not to tell anyone. Felicity would find herself in a tough spot, and it would be interesting to watch.

• Love 4

Daniel realizes she knows and asks her not to tell anyone. Felicity would find herself in a tough spot, and it would be interesting to watch.

I feel like that's already been done with the Moira storyline. At this point I think it'd be out of character for her to keep something like that from him, and it would feel too icky if her job somehow hinged on keeping it a secret.

• Love 1
(edited)

I think I like the idea of a loyalty test (still trying to get my mind around it) but I don't think that would happen because it would be about Felicity then, and everything on this show is about Oliver, unless it's a total off-shoot like Diggle's Suicide Squad.

I recently saw an interview with Anna Paquin and Steven Moyers and they said they met during the chemistry test for True Blood. (They're married now.) So yay for chemistry tests.

It'd be like if they brought in some mean girl from Felicity's past and then had Oliver bang her (which will probably happen, now that I think about it).

Been there, done that with Isabel and it was in Felicity's present.

Yeah, I think that's more like revisionist history. I don't recall Isabel ever saying anything about Felicity until they went to Russia. She did not continually put Felicity down, either before or after that episode. Nor did she insult Oliver much after that episode, and by that stage, she was playing along with the idea that they were going to cooperate in running the company. In fact, she pretty much disappeared for most of the next ten or so episodes, and when she reappeared, they seemed to be getting on well enough. Nor do I think either Felicity or Diggle told Oliver not to sleep with Isabel, because it was never something that seemed on the cards until it happened.

We have disagreed about Isabel back from when she first appeared.  Isabel didn't insult Felicity openly when she first appeared but she did insult Oliver and I do think that affects Felicity who is both loyal to and protective of Oliver, as Isabel would have seen.  

Isabel resented Felicity for interrupting her meeting with Oliver even though as his PA, she had every right to and it was up to Oliver to tell her he would get to "Mr. Harper" later, not Felicity's call.  At the time they arrived in Russia, I thought Isabel was being an absolute bitch to Felicity, which included the nasty comments about the length of her skirts, to the extent that Felicity, who never dislikes anyone, begged to be let out of a cab ride with her.  She was spreading the rumor that Felicity got her job because she was sleeping with Oliver (which anyone who worked with Felicity for 5 minutes would have known is not true because of how efficient she is) and any woman who has worked in business would know that's complete death to your career to get the reputation that you slept your way into the job. By giving the rumor credence, Isabel was attacking Felicity who had done nothing to hurt her.

Felicity did ask Oliver not to sleep with Isabel because he deserved better but he ignored her. (I've heard that there was a scene written where Oliver got to Isabel's to sleep with her again but Summer Glau wasn't available.)  Part of that 'better' is being a nice person to other people, especially those who work for you, which Isabel wasn't.  It says a lot that Felicity was completely supportive of Oliver's relationship with Sara later.

The thing to me is that Oliver saw how badly Isabel was treating Felicity and he didn't do a damn thing.  If he had cared about Felicity's feelings, he would have told Isabel to shut up about Felicity and that if he hears that she's says another bad word about Felicity she'd have him to deal with. But he didn't. Loyalty is a two-way street.  So as long as it isn't Slade or Malcolm Merlyn that she's sleeping with, I say "Go, Felicity".

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1

Okay, we're talking a lot about what's happened in the past here. If you want to discuss what's happened already on the show, please take it to the proper discussion. Talking about Daniel, Ted Kord, etc, should happen here - but discussing Oliver, Felicity, and Isabel in past episodes should probably go over to the Relationships thread please. If the jumping off point for the discussion is a new character coming in, you can spoiler tag that information over there. You can also leave a post here that says you're taking the conversation there (or to a different thread). Thanks!

I think that labeling someone as a business rival is a very indistinct description of who "Daniel" is going to be to Oliver.

Rival includes anyone that might be in a similar line of business to Oliver. It doesn't have to mean some kind of ongoing one up man ship or that they even know each other so,I think worrying about if Felicity is being disloyal is premature.

Even if he was a known competitor of Oliver's, unless Oliver has good personal reasons why he's a bad guy, the business side shouldn't enter into any decision Felicity makes. If Daniel is Oliver's business rival, well that's just business and business isn't even where Oliver's passion lies so why would Felicity think Oliver would be upset if she dated some guy in the business world?

• Love 5

Yes, I think that it is important to know that there is a line between rival and enemy. I think that just because 'Daniel' is a rival, doesn't mean that he'll be an enemy. People compete with their friends all of the time, and there is nothing wrong with having a bit of friendly competition. And even if that isn't the dynamic between Oliver and 'Daniel', that doesn't necessarily mean that they are enemy's.

That said, I'm really not sure how they are going to portray Daniel, and the way that Daniel is portrayed will totally effect how Felicity's relationship with him is portrayed. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Leaked?  No.  Offered online early via the website.  Yeah, I've noticed quite a few pilot's being offered up a week or two early but those are mostly Cable Shows.

BTW - I think Flash talk is supposed to go in the Flash forum, not Arrow...I know the Mod's mentioned it not too long ago.

Edited by Morrigan2575
(edited)

Yeah, but there's a screen-cap from the pilot related to Arrow. I don't know whether it's an easter egg or not but it also mentions Wayne Tech.

(It also contains spoilers for Flash)

Re: The screen cap - the date on that paper is 2024 - 10 years in the future. So that Wayne Tech/Queen Inc merger isn't going to happen for another ten years.

Edited by Starfish35

In the Flash forum, someone stated that the CW sent out the pilots of a couple of their new shows and Flash was part of it.  No word back on non-spoilery commentary.  I was hoping the poster would return to give us an update as I assumed there would also be some Arrow stuff in there since the trailer suggests that SA will be in it.  

From what i have heard, there's no one from Arrow in it except Oliver, whose sole appearance was to give a pep talk to Barry. There's one line from Oliver to Barry that somebody pointed out was noteworthy. When Barry doubts that he can be a vigilante like Oliver, Oliver says that Barry can be better, he can be some who can inspire people in a way that the Arrow never could.

(edited)

From this week's Ask Ausiello:

http://www.tvline.com/2014/06/24/michael-chiklis-american-horror-story-freak-show-character-angela-bassett/

Question: Any news on whether Caity Lotz will return to Arrow in Season 3? —Mena

Ausiello: As Colton Haynes (who plays Roy) reminds, Sara “gave up her jacket” to sis Laurel before rejoining Nyssa and the League of Assassins in the season finale. But hey, that’s nothing a trip to Wilson Leather Goods can’t fix, right? “I think we’ll definitely see Sara back,” Haynes ventures. “I’m not sure how soon, but obviously, when she does, we might see different facets of her.”

Not sure why Colton Haynes of all people is answering a Sara question, and I can't tell whether this is just speculation on his part or whether he's actually hinting at something.

Edited by Starfish35

The only reason I'd want Sara to come back is as the Black Canary, if she's not then I don't want her to come back just so they ruin her character ever more for Larurel. Because basically I just wasted a season watching a heroes journey that turned into nevermind we're giving it to someone else now.

• Love 1

The "different facets of her" does like she going to be something other than the Canary.  Ugh.

The S3 summary released at the upfronts described Sara as an 'international assassin.' So he's probably talking about seeing her with the League, if anything. Which, if she was known as Canary with them, wouldn't she still be? Unless she gives herself another name.

(edited)

I think it's just speculation from Colton and the only one who knows major plot-lines is Amell. Colton does know that Sara will be back (Caity will be recurring or regular) and with her apparently joining League, he is making an educated guess. Till the upfronts, even Cassidy didn't know that she will be Black Canary and was saying that it depends on Arrow writers. So, most probably Colton's information is limited up to that event, I guess. 

But everything will be clear once the filming starts and Cassidy's comments from thereon will give a clear indication as to where Laurel will be going in the future.

Edited by abhi

That is a good point. Her LOA name is Canary... So even without the jackets it's still her name. Shows how dumb the whole jacket passing thing was.

I guess she could become White Canary... But why would an assassin wear white.

Laurel wore a giant white trenchcoat to a stealth mission to steal files she could have gotten legally in the first place by using her DA's office credentials, so an assassin wearing white on this show is really not that much of a stretch anymore. *g*

• Love 4
(edited)

I'd consider an assassin that wears all white to be one of the best in the world. Because not worrying about spilling blood on yourself while you work is brave. But I still don't want Sara to have to change just because of Laurel. She showed up with the name Canary and wore all black (with a shout out to comic fishnets with the design on her pants). She is the Black Canary. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 5

I'd consider an assassin that wears all white to be one of the best in the world. Because not worrying about spilling blood on yourself while you work is brave. But I still don't want Sara to have to change just because of Laurel. She showed up with the name Canary and wore all black (with a shout out to comic fishnets with the design on her pants). She is the Black Canary.

I really think they're just messing with us with that jacket hand-off. Maybe the BC is still a possibility for Laurel down the line, but I think they're going to integrate her into the Arrow cave (ugh), possibly have her take up as another 'hero' before they get Sara out of the way for Laurel to take up the mantle full time. With Sara still alive and back with the organization where she went by the name Canary, it makes no sense for Laurel to take it up at this point in time (yes, I know 'making sense' doesn't seem to be a prerequisite on this show). I think this season (or the first half of it, at least), will be a test.

I don't think a character can switch hero persona and be able to justify it to the audience (e.g. if they start Laurel out as Manhunter, it still wouldn't make sense to switch her to Black Canary even if Sara is dead unless it's "we can't let people know the BC is dead, let's get someone else to dress up as her"). It's not just a costume but also a way of being, of fighting and seeing things too.  But I do agree that the first part of the season will be a test.

I really hope they have a plan because if they don't, I can't see any way of writing themselves out of the jacket hand-off hole.

Maybe the "other facets" that CH refers to are Sara finally finding a place she's comfortable in, as Oliver appeared to do in the season finale, and seeing her finally happy.

(edited)

IMO, the other facets of Sara we should be seeing is the cold-blooded murderer side of her character. We have heard some stories of her kills last season, but we haven't really seen that part of her in action, yet.

Edited by strikera0
  • Love 1

They probably should show us that side of Sara, since the only people we saw her kill was two assassins and a serial killer that tortured women. Yet they went with I'm nothing but a killer route with her, when we saw Oliver get to be a hero after we saw him murder about 50 people in season 1. 

• Love 1
(edited)
IMO, the other facets of Sara we should be seeing is the cold-blooded murderer side of her character. We have heard some stories of her kills last season, but we haven't really seen that part of her in action, yet.

If we're talking Flashbacks then yeah I agree and I actually fully expect that since Oliver's flashback storyline in S3 is going to be about him losing his humanity and being stripped down/turned into a killer.  No doubt they're going to parallel Oliver's and Sara's lost of humanity.

However, if you're talking about present day Starling City.  Nope, I wouldn't even buy it, as anything other than a giant RetCon and Character Assassination.  Despite all the BS about how Sara kills and Oliver doesn't, we really never saw Sara kill anyone after 2.05.  In fact the only time she's killed it was to protect her family.  Prior to 2.03 the Canary was running around putting would be rapists in the hospital not the morgue.  In 2.03 she killed The Dollmaker and the LoA member Ra's sent after her.  In 2.04 she knocked the Mayor out and in 2.05 she killed Al-Awal, Quentin killed the other Assassin and she let the 3rd go back to Ra's with a warning.

So, I really wouldn't be able to buy Sara coming back to Starling City in S3 and being some cold-blooded killer (again) not after S2, not after she didn't even kill in the S2 finale and not after she sold her soul to the devil (Ra's/LoA) to save Starling and her family.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2

I hope there aren't too many Sara flash backs to be honest because I felt over loaded with Sara in the second half of s2. I don't care for her storyline as much as Oliver's, and if I have to watch much of her even with Nyssa (hello!) then I'll be annoyed.

• Love 1

Sara's LoA flashbacks would be the only reason for me to tune in the next season. Well, and maybe, just maybe Thea/Malcolm stuff, if it's particularly well-executed. But I'll probably just watch it all on youtube.

(edited)

If we're talking Flashbacks then yeah I agree and I actually fully expect that since Oliver's flashback storyline in S3 is going to be about him losing his humanity and being stripped down/turned into a killer.  No doubt they're going to parallel Oliver's and Sara's lost of humanity.

However, if you're talking about present day Starling City.  Nope, I wouldn't even buy it, as anything other than a giant RetCon and Character Assassination.  Despite all the BS about how Sara kills and Oliver doesn't, we really never saw Sara kill anyone after 2.05.  In fact the only time she's killed it was to protect her family.  Prior to 2.03 the Canary was running around putting would be rapists in the hospital not the morgue.  In 2.03 she killed The Dollmaker and the LoA member Ra's sent after her.  In 2.04 she knocked the Mayor out and in 2.05 she killed Al-Awal, Quentin killed the other Assassin and she let the 3rd go back to Ra's with a warning.

So, I really wouldn't be able to buy Sara coming back to Starling City in S3 and being some cold-blooded killer (again) not after S2, not after she didn't even kill in the S2 finale and not after she sold her soul to the devil (Ra's/LoA) to save Starling and her family.

I agree that it would be a character assassination, but I find it hard to believe that Sara can return to the LoA and not fall back into old habits, so to speak. I would have more faith in the writer's doing Sara's character justice if they had recognized her sacrifice for what it was. Instead, they played her final scene like she was embracing her fate as a killer and we were supposed to be happy for her. Nothing good can come of that, IMO. 

Edited by strikera0
  • Love 2

IDK if this counts as a spoiler or not but here's what AK has to say about season 3:

“Each and every one of them (#Arrow characters) over the course of next season will be making that journey (All facing decisions on what their respective destinies will be). For some people it’s a dark journey. For other people it’s a lighter journey. For some people it’s becoming their comic book characters. In other cases, it’s actually definitively not”

I hope Laurel's the one that's not becoming her comic book character. HOPE FOR LAUREL TO TURN INTO MANHUNTER STILL LIVES! :p 

No but I really really really want Laurel to fall into that last category. 

• Love 1
(edited)

For some people it’s a dark journey. For other people it’s a lighter journey. For some people it’s becoming their comic book characters. In other cases, it’s actually definitively not

I wonder who he's talking about definitely not becoming their comic book characters. Sara not becoming BC even though she kind of is? Or Laurel not becoming BC even though her name is Dinah. Well her first name. Her unused name.

Edited by ArrowLimbo

I don't think Sara counts because she isn't in the comics. Roy will be becoming Arsenal as they have said again and again. Oliver will finally be called Green Arrow. Thea won't become evil as I see a redemption story line for her somewhere down the line and she will become a sidekick to Oliver (this scenario is full of comedic opportunities). Felicity will remain Felicity and Dig will remain Dig, Det Lance will remain Det Lance. The only one left is Laurel. But again I don't take what the EPs say on face value, so who knows.

Thea would need to go bad before any redemption story. For some reason I don't mind her chilling with crazy because Malcom is entertaining. Her story most intrigues me for s3 so I hope it's good.

• Love 4
(edited)

@wonderwall and @apinknightmare

Thanks for the links, quote and confirmation. I remember reading it and thinking he meant the season finale what with Thea going with Merlyn (not becoming Speedy) and Laurel getting the jacket (becoming Black Canary).

However, if he's talking about S3 maybe there's some hope.

Edited by Morrigan2575

Felicity will remain Felicity

And not marry Ed Raymond, hopefully.

Kreisberg: One of the things we're talking about now is that every one of the characters is really asking themselves, "Who am I?" From Oliver to Laurel, everyone is faced with a decision about what their destiny is going to be. Each and every one of them over the course of next season will be making that journey.

I find it mildly amusing that Oliver and Laurel are at opposite ends.

So what we've got is Oliver trying to decide how much of his humanity he wants back, Thea going dark with Malcolm,  Sara trying to figure out if she should stay at the LoA or maybe overturning Ra's al Ghul, Roy finding his place on Team Arrow, Diggle adapting to parenthood, Lyla and the Suicide Squad, Quentin doing more with Team Arrow and Laurel...  I wonder if there is an arc for Felicity too (connected to her daddy story?).