Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Okay, I watched the trailer and uhm my body is ready for season four.

Even though it sends like Lance is still being an abusive dick. And even though Dig looks like a busted race bended magneto. And when did Laurel get a motorcycle license? Or is that just another law she's breaking?

I'm very excited for Thea's arc. Bring the cray Willa!

I thought Sara's resurrection liked better in the LoT trailer to be honest. And I'm stoked that it seems that Nyssa is taking none of Malcolm's shit. She better not die considering I only got through season three because of her.

I don't like the renaming of Starling but I like how they did it.

And I've always thought that Susanna and Jeri looked similar. But Damn do I miss Moira as well.

I can't figure out if they are returning for DD or Thea. Laurel's scene make me think they return because of DD. But SA's tweet and the shots of crazy Thea makes me think it's for Thea. Maybe its both?

There is a threat but they take care of it (maybe not realizing DD is behind it and there is more coming) and during that time Oliver finds out Thea isn't right.

I remember after the S3 trailer came out we basically knew everything about the episode. Glad that isn't the case this season.

• Love 3

In all fairness the S3 sizzle reel was released with 1 episode filmed. For this one they had 4 episodes to play with.

As for what brings Oliver back Laurel's speech stated they needed the Arrow to fight these ghosts that are in SC.

I'm sure Speedy going cray cray is part of ot but it seems the main driver is needing the Arrow not Thea needing her brother.

If I had to guess the timing goes Olicity happy, nuTA fighting but out of their league against these Ghosts (working for DD).

Diggle/Thea have their scene, Dig says Oliver left so they refuse to go to him.

Laurel goes to get Oliver, olicity come back to help and Oliver finds Cray Cray Thea.

Something happens but Oliver needs convincing that he can go out there again. Felicity reveals the new suit.

Oliver goes off to join the fight, we get the GA/Diggle street scene

My big question is, does the GA/DD scene happen in 401? The clips were quick so I wasn't sure

ComicBookResources also did a breakdown of the S4 trailer with lots of photo stills (screenshots)...

22 HIGHLIGHTS FROM THE "ARROW" SEASON 4 TRAILER
Posted: 13 hours ago | Updated: 14 hours ago
http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/22-highlights-from-the-arrow-season-4-trailer

olicitysmooch-feb8a.jpg

And here's my own breakdown from watching the S4 trailer:

-- Oliver is jogging down a suburban street and heads onto the driveway of a nice suburban house, while his voiceover says "the Arrow's dead.. I couldn't be that person even if I wanted to be."  He enters the kitchen, smiling, and sees Felicity sitting on the counter next to the stove, reading a cookbook titled "Cooking to Impress" and stirring something in a pan.
-- Oliver & Felicity kiss in the house, while his voiceover says "and I don't wannabe."
-- Billboard states that the city has been renamed Star City in honor of Dr. Raymond Palmer (1981-2015).
-- Speedy rides behind BC on her motorcycle, exclaiming "This is so cool".
-- Diggle appears in his new supersuit, which does have a visor over the face.
-- Diggle says "Oliver walked away" to Thea and Laurel.
-- Diggle, BC and Speedy fight bad guys.
-- Laurel says "the Ghost is like nothing we've seen before, well trained, well armed. We need the Arrow."
-- Felicity uncovers a large glass case containing Oliver's new GA suit and, smiling, shows it to him.
-- Shots of Oliver & Felicity back with TA.
-- Shot of Constantine talking on a cell phone.
-- Quentin knocks out Diggle by hitting him on the back of his head.
-- Tense confrontation between Nyssa and Malcolm/Ra's.
-- Curtis Holt (aka Mr. Terrific) meets Felicity.
-- Felicity shoots a machine gun in what looks like a shot-out lair.
-- Oliver gets hit by a car.
-- Star City police precinct, including Quentin, is attacked by armed men.
-- Shots of DD opening a cabinet, walking into city offices where people are seated around a table, and putting his hand on soldier's chest, with voiceover saying "oh, you don't know who I am, do you?... I'm Damien Darhk."
-- Panicking crowd at a public gathering start running, Quentin is holding a microphone and looks at BC, who's standing still among the crowd.
-- Press conference with Jessica Danforth at podium with "Jessica Danforth for Mayor 2016" banner. Behind her are several people, including Lonnie Machin (aka Anarky).
-- DD says "so you're all fretting about this city dying. I'm here on behalf of an organization that wants you to let it die."
-- Quentin tells Oliver "this city started to go to crap the moment you put on that hood. You brought madness into all of our lives, and the monster you were inspired other monsters."
-- DD tells Lonnie Machin "I respect order, discipline. All you represent is anarchy,"
-- Shot of Amanda Waller telling Oliver "you have certainly chosen an unusual hobby, Mr. Queen."
-- Diggle tells Oliver "even when we are out there, we are not out there together."
-- Voiceover of Felicity angrily saying "you both almost got killed tonight because you didn't have each other's backs" , then shot of suited-up Oliver & Diggle standing next to each other.
-- Curtis and Felicity play around with a spherical metal ball (future T-Sphere?)
-- Curtis and Felicity hiding under a table, with Curtis saying "what's happening now, it is not in my job description."
-- Shots of Speedy fighting and acting a bit crazy, with voiceover saying "when people go in the Pit, they don't come out the same."
-- Shot of Nyssa and Malcolm fighting.
-- More TA fight scenes.
-- Shot of corseted Sara rising up out of the LP, while others stand around the LP
-- DD says to costumed Oliver "you can't be the Arrow because he died, so who are you?" Oliver replies "you're about to find out" as he draws an arrow out of his quiver.
-- Jeremy Tell (aka Double Down) approaches elevator which has Curtis and Felicity in it.  Felicity kicks Double Down back just as elevator doors close. Curtis asks "since when are you such a badass?"  Felicity answers "since always."

arrowfaceoff-12971.jpg

felicitymachinegun-f309b.jpg

digglehelmet-bfd42.jpg

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4

My big question is, does the GA/DD scene happen in 401? The clips were quick so I wasn't sure

I think it does happen in 4x01 because SA mentioned that he meets DD in the very first episode compared to having to wait 9 episodes in the other seasons to meet the villain. 

ETA: Link to video where Stephen says that scene is from 4x01:

https://twitter.com/kalichica12/status/639985083206778880

Edited by Chasity

Sidenote - The MG photobombing Olicity photos are funny... But I think I prefer when it is just his head it seems funnier. The latest one with him standing next to him with his whole body, just looked odd to me... not as funny. Oh well, its always humorous to see what fans come up with.

• Love 1

Actually that's what I'm looking forward to - Oliver and the team meeting DD in the first episode, fully knowing that he's bad but unable to do anything about it like they normally do with the weekly big bad. It's definitely a different way of approaching the big bad of the season. It feels more and more like DD is in control of some high profile and powerful people in the city and pulling the strings and the solution isn't as easy as it used to be. I like the sound of it already. I hope they can do it justice.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 1

Thanks, TV echo, for posting the breakdown links in the Spoilers thread. I thought the ScreenCrush one in particular had a lot of details that I hadn't caught when I watched the trailer.

I especially hadn't caught that Thea and Oliver fight at one point, or that Quentin hits Diggle from behind (why?).

One of the two women standing next to the Lazarus Pit has to be Laurel, but who is the other one? And honestly, I'm not for certain which one of them is Laurel. My first reaction is that she's the one in the white top, but the other one has what looks like Laurel's rings on her right hand. That may just be the light somehow though.

And apparently (I read this somewhere else) Quentin's monsters speech to Oliver is a rip off of something from the Dark Knight trilogy? It's ringing a bell, but I don't remember those movies well enough to place it.

Edited by Starfish35

And apparently (I read this somewhere else) Quentin's monsters speech to Oliver is a rip off of something from the Dark Knight trilogy? It's ringing a bell, but I don't remember those movies well enough to place it.

It's from the end of Batman Begins. When Gordon/Batman meet on the roof, Gordon shows Batman the Joker card.

We're really exploring the notion of family and what that means," executive producer Wendy Mericle tells The Hollywood Reporter. "Oliver being in a relationship with Felicity is obviously a huge component of season four. Also, what does family mean to the team and to individual members of the team? And now that Oliver's faith in humanity has been restored via his relationship with Felicity, that will be challenged by our new villain Damien Dahrk, so how will he maintain his faith in people over the course of the season?"

Really sounds like the big theme of the season is family (as others have suspected earlier) and trust. They lay Oliver's new faith in humanity at Felicity's feet but at the same time say that it will be tested. I wonder how personal they will make this vs just having to deal with an evil mad man.

Fans aren't making those photos - someone working on Arrow is.

Sorry missed that. Thanks for the heads up. :)  But really, this is what they are spending their time & money on? Alright, that explains some things.

0QfhNbA.jpg

In looking at this image, I wonder if Lance isn't trying to drag an obsessed Diggle out of this place. QL isn't sneaking up on him. And look at the expression on Digs face.

Edited by BkWurm1

Sorry missed that. Thanks for the heads up. :) But really, this is what they are spending their time & money on? Alright, that explains some things.

Putting him in those pics as a joke takes less than a minute, and the cost is negligible. The fandom (and MG) seems to enjoy it, so I don't begrudge anyone for having a little fun.

• Love 9

Putting him in those pics as a joke takes less than a minute, and the cost is negligible. The fandom (and MG) seems to enjoy it, so I don't begrudge anyone for having a little fun.

Agreed. I also agree the photo bomb and hiding in the bushes ones are much funnier than the posed picture.

• Love 1

0QfhNbA.jpg

In looking at this image, I wonder if Lance isn't trying to drag an obsessed Diggle out of this place. QL isn't sneaking up on him. And look at the expression on Digs face.

Thanks for fixing the link, couldn't see the image before. Yes, it does look possible but also very confusing. I can see Lance knocking, anyone but Diggle and Oliver out in order to get them to safety. However there's no way Lance could carry or even drag Diggle into hiding. Edited by Morrigan2575

0QfhNbA.jpg

I very much don't think so, especially looking at Quentin's face. And coupled with the monsters speech, Quentin is clearly still anti-Arrow.

I'm trying to get a handle on the timing, which the house has kind of wrecked. If it's in Coast City, it would be very surprising for them to have settled there, in such a permanent house, if Ray has already blown up. Felicity would be contacted fairly quickly about that, and I don't see how she can be CEO from another city. Now, she COULD just own the majority/a lot of shares, which wouldn't require her to do a whole lot except help choose a new CEO and then stand back and count her cash, but I'd be surprised if she wasn't CEO. Is it possible that Ray blowing up was a glimpse of the future in the S3 finale? That seems weird to me, but if he blew up and then they bought a house in a different city, that's also weird.

Do we know how many episodes JR Bourne is going to be in? I'm wondering if he's a candidate for Felicity's daddy. I know DR pretty much said her dad would be someone famous, but he could have been misinformed or plans could have changed.

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 1

I think they're probably renting the house. 

Maybe the transfer of ownership Felicity signed wasn't immediately found? I mean, Ray must've gone all 'splodey relatively soon after the events of the finale, unless he's just really terrible at keeping up with HR, since he entered Felicity in the system as having quit right before his suit malfunctioned. It seems kind of strange that Felicity would've stayed away from Star(ling) even if she wasn't an owner, since she was the most recent VP and would have the most knowledge about running the place. Maybe Ray was able to get in touch with her somehow and tell her he wasn't dead and that he wanted to stay small for some kind of scientific reason? Which is stupid, I know, I'm just trying to figure it out.

I don't begrudge anybody some fun. They're funny. I just wish they would put more effort in some of the other stuff they release. But yeah, everyone deserves some fun.

IRL, houses like that, in neighborhoods like that, are almost never rentals. However, this is tv, so it could be a [presumably furnished] rental. I really wish it was their permanent house in the suburbs of SC, but it probably isn't.

• Love 1

If DD is able to control someone after putting his hand on their chest, I wonder if the writers would go there and have DD get Diggle Laurel Thea or Felicity under his control to do his bidding and go against Green Arrow/Oliver Queen. He could discover Oliver is the biggest thorn in his side and hit him where it hurts. His sis his bro or his woman

I definitely don't think they bought that house. I assumed it was a rental, especially as it's likely Felicity is not as content with domestic life outside Team Arrow as Oliver is (as SA implied a few times at SDCC). I don't know. I just can't see them buying a place so soon. I could be wrong though.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 1

If they were settled down in Starling City (I refuse to call it Star City before I have to), Felicity would probably have heard about Ray's death/dissapearance and if she has any sense ot loyalty, she would have gone down to PI to help deal with the problems the loss of their leader caused, even if she doesn't know that she's the new CEO,  So I hope that their new house is somewhere else, maybe Coast City since Oliver would want to stay away from Team Flash in Central City.

It also makes more sense for Laurel to call Oliver back if he's not in the same town as they are. Just as I can't see Felicity avoiding helping out at PI, I can't see Oliver sticking his head under the covers when Starling City is in danger from the Ghosts.

IRL, houses like that, in neighborhoods like that, are almost never rentals. However, this is tv, so it could be a [presumably furnished] rental. I really wish it was their permanent house in the suburbs of SC, but it probably isn't.

You can rent furniture too.  (Not such a good idea now with the revival of bed bugs, but you can)

While I appreciate the thought of domesticity for them, it doesn't make sense to live in the suburbs because the commute can be so long, even if you don't have to get into town fast to fight crime.

• Love 1

I definitely think they're somewhere that isn't Star(ling) City. I don't think that Oliver and Felicity would've been able to stay out of the action if they were in town. And he would've been spending time with Thea and would know she went off the rails a bit. 

• Love 1

I thought everyone was saying that they settled in Coast City? Or was that just assumed?

From today's Arrow panel: 

They do something in the premiere that they've never done before that will leave the future in jeopardy & reverb throughout season.

Does the "doing something we've never done on the show before" sound like something they've said before? Also, ominous much?

• Love 1

I thought everyone was saying that they settled in Coast City? Or was that just assumed?

Does the "doing something we've never done on the show before" sound like something they've said before? Also, ominous much?

Sounds like something they said about every other episode of S3.

I heard that SA said the Flashbacks took them to a secret location that he couldn't talk about but it was a set they hadn't used in awhile. I half wonder if Oliver is going back to the Island in S4? Seems crazy I know but it also ties inyo the comment about Fans of Year One being happy. Then again I could be seeing dots that aren't there.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 3

Something was put out there about them settling in Coast City because Oliver had a friend there, but I can't find the interview (I thought it was MG or WM), so I'm not sure if that's canon or fanon. And I think the thing they haven't done before involves mysticism in some way.

Seems crazy I know but it also ties inyo the comment about Fans of Year One being happy. Then again I could be seeing dots that aren't there.

They've been back to the island twice since (in the S2 finale and The Return). And they were on the island/in the freighter for S2 flashbacks. I can't think of anywhere they were in S1 that they haven't been back to...unless he misspoke? IDK.

Ugh reverb through the season? Doesn't sound great

I really hope it's not that DD can control minds a la Loki theory that's going around. It's such a cheap way to change established characters' alliances/motivations

I don't want it either but I could see the writers doing this. The season is lighter per MG and WM but if DD has these powers I could see a Mid season finale of DD putting the mind whammy on Dig Laurel Thea or Felicity after finding out Oliver is the thorn In his side. I don't know if they could resist him doing it to Felicity to cause problems for Olicity.

• Love 1

From what I saw in the trailer, it was him touching a guy's chest, which would be for a million reasons not involving mind control. However, isn't HIVE in comic books all about mind control? Like bees, creating drones? So it does seem pretty likely, but hopefully he can't just do it willy-nilly, or the season would be over really quickly.

I am not totally sure why, but I am really excited about Curtis Holt. He seems like the fun quirky friend for Felicity that Ray (the Cane Toad) could have been with better casting/writing. I think that is very good casting...he and Felicity seemed to have a lot of chemistry in just those few scenes.

• Love 1

A flash forward perhaps???  Perhaps to the end of the season?  Not something I'd want but I've been expecting a flash forward since they were doing the flashbacks. 

• Love 1

A flash forward perhaps???  Perhaps to the end of the season?  Not something I'd want but I've been expecting a flash forward since they were doing the flashbacks. 

I really hope not. I feel like they should hold off on that story telling until after they run out of flashback years. Or they need to spice up the fb years when OQ is growing his beard. Plus with FLASH & LoT time jumping all the time, its hard enough to keep the timelines straight. But I think its something they will do eventually.

From what I saw in the trailer, it was him touching a guy's chest, which would be for a million reasons not involving mind control. However, isn't HIVE in comic books all about mind control? Like bees, creating drones? So it does seem pretty likely, but hopefully he can't just do it willy-nilly, or the season would be over really quickly.

I am not totally sure why, but I am really excited about Curtis Holt. He seems like the fun quirky friend for Felicity that Ray (the Cane Toad) could have been with better casting/writing. I think that is very good casting...he and Felicity seemed to have a lot of chemistry in just those few scenes.

I feel like they will do the mind control thing. but I wonder if it requires something implanted in the person & that is what the touch is about. It would also be a way for them to use PT as a means to devise tech to counteract the effects. It would give a plot for Mr. Terrific & FS to work on.

But I do think with DD, we will be heading to mysticism & magic, and historically those stories do usually really heavily on mind control or heavily influencing people with spells/potions/etc.

And I think if any of the main Arrow cast is going to subject to mind control my bet this season is on Quentin. It could set-up Dig v. QL, once Dig gets to go after HIVE. It also could explain why Andy Diggle went to the darkside. Dig is gonna be a good guy this season. TQ is gonna be busy with her post-LP effects story. I doubt they'll make LL bad, now that they made her BC, again too soon for her. Plus WC might be bad post-LP, so they'll hold off on duplicating her plot until s5. And I think it is too soon in the series to pit OQ against FS because of mind control. They'll hold off on getting her under a bad guy's influence later in the series.

His answer was "When he gets his shit together." [everyone laughs] "There's no way that I can answer that question without-- There's no way that I can answer that question." Here's the clip.

My first thought when I saw this clip earlier today was that OQ/FS will be engaged very quickly into the season, if they are not already. Something about their domesticity just screamed engaged. I thought I might have seen a ring when she was holding the cookbook, but on zooming in it looks like just the light. I doubt they'll get married this season, but it wouldn't surprise me if they did. But I definitely see an engagement. It's like the quintessential way to be a family, since family is the theme.

• Love 2

My first thought when I saw this clip earlier today was that OQ/FS will be engaged very quickly into the season, if they are not already. Something about their domesticity just screamed engaged. I thought I might have seen a ring when she was holding the cookbook, but on zooming in it looks like just the light. I doubt they'll get married this season, but it wouldn't surprise me if they did. But I definitely see an engagement. It's like the quintessential way to be a family, since family is the theme.

I am not a fan of [particularly manufactured] angst, thus why I hated everything about S3, up to and including their love scene. Therefore, if they remain a couple, with outside pressures, maybe engaged/married, I'd be very happy. They are, at this point, pretty obviously meant to be, so I would like for the EPs to stop trying to stuff the Olicity peg into the Lauriver hole.

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 6

so I would like for the EPs to stop trying to stuff the Olicity peg into the Lauriver hole.

Absolutely, I said something similar in the relationship thread a week or so ago.

Also, did anyone else notice how different SA/OQ's run was in the opener? It was so peppy & springy. Frankly, a little dorky. I love that SA can bring such simple changes to the character. It really makes a difference. He's just a man in love going for a jog, eager to get home but still bouncing along to get there.

• Love 6

Absolutely, I said something similar in the relationship thread a week or so ago.

Also, did anyone else notice how different SA/OQ's run was in the opener? It was so peppy & springy. Frankly, a little dorky. I love that SA can bring such simple changes to the character. It really makes a difference. He's just a man in love going for a jog, eager to get home but still bouncing along to get there.

I'm legit on board with him being a good actor now. I was iffy in early S1 (I know he was portraying effed-up OQ pretending to be playboy OQ, but I didn't think it was a great portrayal), but he's quite good now. I also sort of love that SA is anti-method (per his recent interview), bc I think method is massively overrated and the best path to a nervous breakdown if the character is screwed up enough.

• Love 2

I could possibly see a proposal happening this season but not until much later. I don't believe they'd have Olicity engaged already. They're going to show it happening, that is if it happens at all. 

Like SA said, Oliver has to get his shit together first and he needs to be in a relationship with Felicity while also being GA and learning that balance. So far he's just been in a relationship with Felicity for five months and he's blissfully happy but it's not going to be the same once they're back in SC. So they need to sort of figure out how that will work and meet challenges before any proposal happens and I think that's probably a season long arc tbh.

• Love 1

I feel like they will do the mind control thing. but I wonder if it requires something implanted in the person & that is what the touch is about. It would also be a way for them to use PT as a means to devise tech to counteract the effects. It would give a plot for Mr. Terrific & FS to work on.

But I do think with DD, we will be heading to mysticism & magic, and historically those stories do usually really heavily on mind control or heavily influencing people with spells/potions/etc.

And I think if any of the main Arrow cast is going to subject to mind control my bet this season is on Quentin. It could set-up Dig v. QL, once Dig gets to go after HIVE. It also could explain why Andy Diggle went to the darkside. Dig is gonna be a good guy this season. TQ is gonna be busy with her post-LP effects story. I doubt they'll make LL bad, now that they made her BC, again too soon for her. Plus WC might be bad post-LP, so they'll hold off on duplicating her plot until s5. And I think it is too soon in the series to pit OQ against FS because of mind control. They'll hold off on getting her under a bad guy's influence later in the series.

Can I ask how it's too early to get her under a mind whammy from a bad guy? I think this would be the season with DD having those kind of powers. I don't want Felicity Falling under a Mind whammy from a Bad guy at all by the way

They did some kind of mind control with Thea and some kind of fake brainwashing with Oliver. So though they will probably do some kind of mind control, it's not something new to the show. Even Vertigo and Mirakuru had a kind of mental aspect that shows how mind control is not a stretch.

• Love 1

When has it been said that DD in the show has mind whammy powers?

I found this but it doesn't really say what kind of powers he has, just that he's not a meta human. It certainly plays into the idea of DD having magic

-- Per WM, DD has powers we've never seen before, but he's not metahuman. His powers are beyond metapowers, and it's scary and supercool. (TV Fanatic video of interview with WM at SDCC 2015, page 166 of Behind the Mask thread)

Edited by Morrigan2575