Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

shocking news: Sara is alive?

This was the first thing I thought of, and still think it's the most likely. What the two other things are that Oliver has to do to complete his transition, though, I have no clue. I am just hoping so hard that this Nyssa marriage thing is not happening that I am happy to separate those two clauses and assume they're not connected.

• Love 1

Ra's has died in the Comics so why would DC will care?

Ra's also did all the stuff with Batman to persuade his daughter that Ra's way of life is right in the end. Maybe this is still along those lines with Nyssa?

Edited by tarotx

I thought that was Malcolm that shot Oliver?

ETA: Sound helps. LOL it was Thea.

If it makes you feel better I was watching it on a phone with poor lighting & sound, thought it might be Felicity. I was like damn they're all over the boards/fics pulling ideas now. But Thea is an interesting choice. Wonder how this factors into the LP aftereffects.

My final guess on the wedding and marriage is Sara/Nyssa. Ra's may want Al Sahim & Nyssa to marry but my guess would be they trick him somehow. I might be more inclined to believe the wedding would be Oliver/Nyssa if there wasn't going to be a marriage even if it doesn't last into S4. I am thinking there have been so many in-show anvils regarding O/F as a distraction. If you are spoiler free Sara being alive might be considered a shocker.

It sounds like there is a drive-off into the sunset scene per BTS pictures with Oliver and Felicity in 3.23. Would they really do that if Oliver & Nyssa were in a MOC? They wouldn't want to anger the potential buyers of the 3.5 comic would they? (Cynicism is running high here! ;)

Edited by Sunshine

Yeah, the "irreversible damage" could be physical, not emotional. 

Palmer Industries better get to work on a go go gadget arm (or other appendage)!

Im usually not on the side of emotional damage. But Id rather not see a fake appendage, unless they can just make it seem like his actual skin. The robotic limbs are just tiresome after awhile. And I fear the budget would not allow the proper CGI to make a robotic prosthetic realistic on regular basis. They can barely keep Oliver's scars straight.

What is she going to say? "Hold on guys, I'm going to scream at them"

Don't give them any ideas. They stuck her with one of the cheesiest line this season already.

Ray's a good guy, but him telling Felicity to fight for Oliver would be much like Laurel's advice to Sara last year about Oliver, and that's something I don't need to see repeated on my television.

Which is why it most likely will be. Reduce Reuse Recycle is the motto of the show behind because plot says so.

Maybe the wedding is supposed to be Nyssa and Oliver but Felicity ends up under the veils? (They even have a spare voice changer laying around.) That might be kind of fun.  

I can see Ra's telling Oliver if he doesn't kill Nyssa, the only way he can save her life is to marry her.  Which again, might be kind of fun if the discussion in the new Arrow lair resembles the comments here. 

Edited by tessaray
  • Love 5

Maybe the wedding is supposed to be Nyssa and Oliver but Felicity ends up under the veils? (They even have a spare voice changer laying around.) That might be kind of fun.  

I can see Ra's telling Oliver if he doesn't kill Nyssa, the only way he can save her life is to marry her.  Which again, might be kind of fun if the discussion in the new Arrow lair resembles the comments here. 

Trickery by O/F ruins the big villain's masterplan... This has a very familiar feel to it. It would be the Gotcha moment the writers love. It would also explain how the O/F marriage may still be in the working stages during s4. They love each other yes, but are they really ready for marriage? Especially one entered under such conditions as these? But then again, it was needed to save someone, so its not a hasty or careless whim decision it served a heroic & plot purpose. It could be interesting to see how it plays out. Like apinkknightmare said the marriage would likely not be valid outside of NP, so the writers could get away with actually delaying an actual O/F in SC. Plus, I feel the lawyer in MG comes out sometimes, so this valid only in NP is his way of trolling s4 and still being right on a technicality.

• Love 4

Oh please no :p Please please please let the people getting married be Thea/Roy! 

I have never dreaded a wedding this much

Thea and Roy might actually be sweet, which is why I can't see the EPs going that way.   OTOH, it is totally like them to give the fans something (or anything) Olicity and then follow-up immediately with something that kind of ruins it.  

Trickery by O/F ruins the big villain's masterplan... This has a very familiar feel to it. It would be the Gotcha moment the writers love. It would also explain how the O/F marriage may still be in the working stages during s4. They love each other yes, but are they really ready for marriage? Especially one entered under such conditions as these? But then again, it was needed to save someone, so its not a hasty or careless whim decision it served a heroic & plot purpose. It could be interesting to see how it plays out. Like apinkknightmare said the marriage would likely not be valid outside of NP, so the writers could get away with actually delaying an actual O/F in SC. Plus, I feel the lawyer in MG comes out sometimes, so this valid only in NP is his way of trolling s4 and still being right on a technicality.

It just occurred to me - what if it weren't O/F but O/L?  That would get them their married Arrow/BC.  Ugh.  I don't want to think about weddings anymore. 

Edited by tessaray
  • Love 1

I dread most TV weddings these days... They very rarely turn out the way we want. And honestly, I feel there is no need for a wedding this season on Arrow, nevermind a "marriage". For every Outlander (good) & Red Wedding (shocking), we get a Castle drawn out disaster that just ruins the actual moment it happens.

• Love 3

If Oliver and Nyssa were to get married how would that marriage play out? Because didn't they say there is a wedding and a marriage...Is it a quicky marriage? Married today, divorced tomorrow because I had to got drive into the sunset with someone else? At some point Oliver has to snap out of it and I don't think the marriage will be that much of an actual marriage after that. (And why on earth would Ras want them to get married after he all but threw his daughter out)

If he got married to some random league member, I doubt people would be interested. They'd be upset yet uninterested. Does that make sense? 

Also, why would it be funny if Ray were the minister? Because he'd think Nanda Parbat is not very up to date with there no being electricity.

I have my doubts that O/F will get married but I still want something positive before this season is over. God knows the end of Diggle/Oliver already hurts.

If Oliver and Nyssa were to get married how would that marriage play out? Because didn't they say there is a wedding and a marriage...Is it a quicky marriage? Married today, divorced tomorrow because I had to got drive into the sunset with someone else? At some point Oliver has to snap out of it and I don't think the marriage will be that much of an actual marriage after that. (And why on earth would Ras want them to get married after he all but threw his daughter out)

A wedding and a marriage - of convenience?  On both their parts?  A medieval concept to go with the medieval setting... O/F may head off into the sunset thinking that what happens in NP stays in NP - until 4th season complications ensue?

Since there was this unmentioned prophecy that Oliver just happened to fulfill after the fact, maybe there is some obscure LoA law they can trot out that lets Nyssa challenge Ra's death sentence?  Or maybe Ra's thinks letting Nyssa live but as the property of the new Heir is some kind of fitting punishment for challenging him?  They seem to making it up as they go along anyway.  

Wouldn't the same law that let Oliver challenge Ra's (and lose) allow Nyssa to do the same?  That said, she'd have first hand knowledge of his skill and probably not even try.  I was rather surprised when Ra's said no one had challenged him to a duel in what, fifty years?  If it's likely death anyway, why not have a go at it? 

• Love 1

The fact that they're keeping it a secret instead of pimping it for ratings leads me to believe it's O/N.

The fact that MG stated a wedding and a marriage that may or may not last into S4 makes me doubt it's O/N. Because they way the question was asked, the marriage comment implied a commitment (to me).

• Love 5

Wouldn't the same law that let Oliver challenge Ra's (and lose) allow Nyssa to do the same? 

Yeah, I think Nyssa will challenge Ra's. There was that picture of the Mountain of Duels, afterall (unless it was an old picture and not a new one). I don't know how that plane scene of the finale factors in in all this, though.

Edited by looptab

I am curious and spoiled enough to ask the question here, but do you guys think Oliver and Felicity will get back together post Nanda ParBAt, or do you think it will be chalked up to a desperate hook up because they were about to lose each other forever (or as long as forever is on a cw show)?

The EPs have said that seasons 1-3 are a trilogy of sorts.  That, plus the title of 3x23, indicate to me that this season will end happily for Oliver and Felicity.  I mean, why would you end your trilogy unhappily for your main couple?  So I can see this trilogy wrapping up various storylines for the various characters in a good way - and then the last scene of 3x23 ominously sets up the Big Bad for season 4.

If the EPs hadn't made that trilogy comment, I would be more inclined to think that this season ends in a shocker or cliffhanger - for example, the driving off into the sunset scene is in Oliver's imagination as part of a montage of lost hopes, as he fully takes charge of the LOA (because Ra's is dead) and is married to Nyssa.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
(edited)

I'm a bit loopy due to lack of sleep and the caffeine hasn't kicked in yet but I'm wondering if we got it all wrong?  It's the Libra in me, always see two possibilities, plus I'm an eternal optimist once I get over my initial angry reaction.

““This is Your Sword” — (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV) AL SAH-HIM TAKES HIS FINAL STEPS TO ASCENSION; ROY AND THEA REUNITE — Oliver/Al Sah-him (Stephen Amell) finishes his training and is left with two final tasks to become the next Ra’s al Ghul. Ra’s (guest star Matt Nable) threatens Nyssa (guest star Katrina Law) and delivers some shocking news. Meanwhile, Malcolm (John Barrowman) makes a surprising offer to Team Arrow and Thea (Willa Holland) goes to see Roy (Colton Haynes). Wendey Stanzler directed the episode with story by Erik Oleson and teleplay by Ben Sokolowski & Brian Ford Sullivan (#322). Original airdate 5/6/2015.”

The final 2 tasks could be to kill Nyssa (which Oliver was sent to do in 321) and kill Ra's in order to take his place.

The Ra's threatens Nyssa and delivers some shocking news could be independent. Ra's threatens Nyssa, you will die by Al-Sa-Him's hands so that he may fully ascend to Ra's Ollie Ghul status. The shocking news could be that he resurrected Sara (which would explain the clip of Sara/Canary) walking the promo for 320.  Which could also tie together...oh BTW if you don't accept your death I'm going to kill Sara all over again for you to watch.  Mwhahaha!

ETA: Someone just informed me that MG said the clip of Sara/Canary from the promo will not feature in any future episodes this season.  That might blow my theory out of the water or it just might mean we're told Ra's resurrected Sara but never see anything. Perhaps that becomes the basis of a mystery for early S4 to setup the spin-off.  Where in the World is Sara Lance?

In any case if TIIC are stupid enough to go this route (with all the female issues they've had this year) and the network was stupid enough to allow them to go this route then I really hope the Feminist and LGBT community rip them a new one because (IMO) they would deserve it.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 4

I think MM is more likely to die than Ra's. DC would object to their Biggest Bad getting killed.

I think the fact that they made Ra's into a title, instead of his name, means this current guy can kick it, because someone else will take the title. It's a pretty good loophole, imo. That way Ra's never dies in this universe.

• Love 9

Is this being a male-only title the reason for him not accepting Nyssa as the next Ra's? I don't watch so that's unclear to me. From the outside, it's just hilarious how much these writers fanboy Nolan's Batman trilogy, it's not just Laurel being a carbon copy of Rachel, now it's LoA as Oliver's enemy and him hooking up with Ra's daughter (even if only symbolically via marriage). What will they do when they run out of stuff to copy, I wonder?

The EPs have said that seasons 1-3 are a trilogy of sorts.  That, plus the title of 3x23, indicate to me that this season will end happily for Oliver and Felicity.  I mean, why would you end your trilogy unhappily for your main couple?  So I can see this trilogy wrapping up various storylines for the various characters in a good way - and then the last scene of 3x23 ominously sets up the Big Bad for season 4.

If the EPs hadn't made that trilogy comment, I would be more inclined to think that this season ends in a shocker or cliffhanger - for example, the driving off into the sunset scene is in Oliver's imagination as part of a montage of lost hopes, as he fully takes charge of the LOA (because Ra's is dead) and is married to Nyssa.

It's funny. Last year they said that the finale was the ending of a chapter on Arrow, that it topped off the previous two seasons. Suddenly they want to reclaim the prior two years?

I guess I understand why when I think of some of the wasted episodes this year. At least in season two I adored the first half before it fell apart. This season I can think of four episodes from the first half that I loved (and that includes the crossover) and maybe three since? And I'm expecting a lot of pain in the next two before the finale makes it all better.

• Love 2

Is this being a male-only title the reason for him not accepting Nyssa as the next Ra's? I don't watch so that's unclear to me. From the outside, it's just hilarious how much these writers fanboy Nolan's Batman trilogy, it's not just Laurel being a carbon copy of Rachel, now it's LoA as Oliver's enemy and him hooking up with Ra's daughter (even if only symbolically via marriage). What will they do when they run out of stuff to copy, I wonder?

No, they've never stated that, in fact Nyssa walked around introducing herself as Heir to the Demon and apparently considered the position/title of Ra's Al Ghul as her birth-rite.  So if it's just a male thing, I would imagine Nyssa would have known years ago that she could never ascend to Ra's Al Ghul, instead of being angry that her father gave away her inheritance.

The guys do fanboy The Nolan movies and Batman in general.  However they do it in the worst way possible.  I know people are pointing to Oliver/Nyssa and saying well Ra's wanted Bruce/Talia to marry and produce an heir but the key difference is Ra's wasn't trying to force his gay daughter into becoming a brood mare.  In the comics (From what I've read), Ra's basically determined that Bruce was a worthy consort for his daughter and a worthy successor for Ra's Al Ghul but only if both parties were willing.

• Love 3

The EPs have said that Ra's is evil.  He might've thought Sara was just a fling for Nyssa, but last year's events proved it was more than that.  If Ra's' twisted thinking is that Nyssa's close relationship with Sara proved that she is now unfit to be the next Ra's because she might never have a child and continue his bloodline, then I can see him engineering Oliver's ascension.  Oliver was the first guy to challenge Ra's in 67 years.  So Ra's sees this young fit guy challenging him, he deliberately doesn't stab him through the heart giving Oliver a chance to survive (maybe Maseo saved him on Ra's orders), and then uses the prophecy to proclaim Oliver his Heir.  Ra's then deliberately drives Nyssa away in order to force her and Oliver into a corner where they have no choice but to marry (perhaps both to save Nyssa's life and return/save Sara). Next he'll force them to have a child.  It would be evil and diabolical.  But can you think of a better reason for why Ra's is so insistent on having Oliver as his Heir?

ETA:  Maseo confessed to Ra's about helping Oliver's friends try to escape with Oliver (killing three LOA members in the process).  So why wouldn't Maseo confess to Ra's about saving Oliver's life, unless he did so on Ra's' orders?

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
I know people are pointing to Oliver/Nyssa and saying well Ra's wanted Bruce/Talia to marry and produce an heir but the key difference is Ra's wasn't trying to force his gay daughter into becoming a brood mare.  In the comics (From what I've read), Ra's basically determined that Bruce was a worthy consort for his daughter and a worthy successor for Ra's Al Ghul but only if both parties were willing.

Well, we don't know yet if Ra's wants to force Nyssa to marry Oliver against her will. Who knows, maybe she consents. I actually expect she will (for whatever reason - Sara?), otherwise the backlash is going to be ugly.

But can you think of a better reason for why Ra's is so insistent on having Oliver as his Heir?

Because he's the hero and everything has to revolve around him whether it makes sense or not.

Edited by FurryFury
  • Love 1
(edited)
Well, we don't know yet if Ra's wants to force Nyssa to marry Oliver against her will. Who knows, maybe she consents. I actually expect she will (for whatever reason - Sara?), otherwise the backlash is going to be ugly.

IMO anything that isn't her choice isn't willing.  Forcing someone to marry to protect a loved one or themselves (marry or death) are in fact force (IMO).  I honestly can't see a gay woman willingly choosing to marry a guy but, you're right we don't know and, for all I know, there is no Nyssa/Oliver marriage.  However, if there is, and it's one of Ra's threats to Nyssa then, someone should be fired for coming up with this boneheaded idea (IMO).

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 4

If "only the student can defeat the master" and Ra's is out for blood, Nyssa should challenge him to the death. Might solve all the problems with this storyline. ;)

ETA: Nevermind. Someone mentioned this previously up thread.

Edited by Sunshine
Forcing someone to marry to protect a loved one or themselves (marry or death) are in fact force (IMO).

It is, but who knows how it's going to play out? Maybe Oliver and Nyssa only marry to fool Ra's? I think it's just way too early to judge.

And TBH, I don't really think it matters if Nyssa's gay or straight, forced marriage is still creepy (I mean, it sucks for both parties, but considering the historical parallels, it's so much worse for women). I just don't think it's going to be played straight (and hopefully Ra's going to go, I mean I've only seen him in the Fight Club trailer and I already dislike him).

Edited by FurryFury

The only way it will work for me is if Nyssa and Oliver come up with the plan to marry so he doesn't have to kill her. Then Nyssa kills Ra's and becomes the head of the LOA, she releases Oliver and they get their marriage annulled. Also she can also kill Malcolm for killing Sara (even if they find out Sara's alive). Next season can start out with a new big bad with LOA still out there. 

• Love 5

The way this wedding ceremony plays out best for me is that Ra's tells Oliver he needs to get married for heir purposes, and has Oliver pick a bride out of a group of women (whose faces would be covered, because this is the only way this works). The team infiltrates, someone knocks the woman out, and Felicity takes her place (preferably because someone needs to get close enough to Oliver to tell/give him something to set forth some kind of plan of action to get him out of there).  She and Oliver get married in a League ceremony, which is a sham anyway because it's not legally binding. So, they're married, but they're not really married. Ultimate shipper troll.

There are ways an Oliver/Nyssa wedding would work for me, but...I just don't like it. And I'm not really a fan of a real O/F wedding, so this is the best I can come up with.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 13
(edited)

It is, but who knows how it's going to play out? Maybe Oliver and Nyssa only marry to fool Ra's? I think it's just way too early to judge.

And TBH, I don't really think it matters if Nyssa's gay or straight, forced marriage is still creepy (I mean, it sucks for both parties, but considering the historical parallels, it's so much worse for women). I just don't think it's going to be played straight (and hopefully Ra's going to go, I mean I've only seen him in the Fight Club trailer and I already dislike him).

You're absolutely correct, I have no idea how it's going to play out (if it even happens).  I'm reacting to what I perceive to be a very disturbing storyline, one that I'm not sure there is an acceptable handling of (for me).  Maybe this is all fear and it won't happen or it will play out in a way I can accept, I don't know.  All I know is, the mere thought has totally turned me off watching 321/322.  

The only way it will work for me is if Nyssa and Oliver come up with the plan to marry so he doesn't have to kill her. Then Nyssa kills Ra's and becomes the head of the LOA, she releases Oliver and they get their marriage annulled. Also she can also kill Malcolm for killing Sara (even if they find out Sara's alive). Next season can start out with a new big bad with LOA still out there.

That might be the least offensive option but somehow I doubt it because that gives too much agency to Nyssa and I don't think they'd do that, since this is Oliver's story. Oliver will always be the one to take down that Big Bad in the finale.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

A part of me still thinks this is one big trolling event. I don't get the impression its something they are promoting mainstream. He just wants to drive the fans crazy.

• Love 1

IMO anything that isn't her choice isn't willing.  Forcing someone to marry to protect a loved one or themselves (marry or death) are in fact force (IMO).  I honestly can't see a gay woman willingly choosing to marry a guy but, you're right we don't know and, for all I know, there is no Nyssa/Oliver marriage.  However, if there is, and it's one of Ra's threats to Nyssa then, someone should be fired for coming up with this boneheaded idea (IMO).

Thats what makes this spoiler wedding so hard to figure out. None of the obvious choices make sense. I could see Nyssa willing to marrying Oliver to help take down her father. Perhaps to save her life or set other plans in motions. But there wouldn't be a marriage after the wedding. There is no way I see Oliver & Nyssa having a "marriage" even by TV standards. Likewise, I can see O/F having a marriage in S4, but I can't see a wedding happening in 2 episodes without some significant plot twisting to get there. OQ to a rando LoA woman just seems like a waste of time & plot, plus you'd have to cast a new actor so its costly. S&N and Roy/Thea would be romantic & nice but how does that further serve this story arc the writers have lined up? It's mind-boggling how its all gonna work out. Right now, I think its a waste of time on Arrow to even be having a wedding. But if they find so way to make it interesting & rewarding, I will gladly appreciate it. As of now, I can't see how its gonna be in the show's favor to have any of these options.

• Love 2
There is no way I see Oliver & Nyssa having a "marriage" even by TV standards.

A political alliance to hold LoA together after Ra's gone? They are considered married in NP, Oliver's back in Startling and Nyssa's ruling the LoA. I think it could work. They wouldn't consider it a real marriage, but maybe for League, it's enough.

That might be the least offensive option but somehow I doubt it because that gives too much agency to Nyssa and I don't think they'd do that, since this is Oliver's story. Oliver will always be the one to take down that Big Bad in the finale.

Didn't Felicity technically take down Slade? Although it's been a while and I'm probably confusing stuff.

Edited by FurryFury

I was going for, yes Nyssa takes down the big bad Ra's, but she's still an assassin and could be a threat in later seasons. But you are right, how about Oliver stabs him and Nyssa pushes him off the plane?

Then if they want Oliver to be the Man, then he can appoint Nyssa as the new Leader of the League and then she can release him. 

Didn't Felicity technically take down Slade? Although it's been a while and I'm probably confusing stuff.

She opened the door for Oliver to take him down. 

A part of me still thinks this is one big trolling event. I don't get the impression its something they are promoting mainstream. He just wants to drive the fans crazy.

I think he's trolling to a certain extent. He's mentioned the second wedding more than once in print pieces (and maybe in video interviews, I can't remember), and clarified that it was a wedding and a marriage because people were thinking that he was just riling them up because maybe Oliver and Co. run through a set where there's a wedding by two randos happening. Saying it's a wedding and a marriage makes it seem like these are two people we know. I think it's not being publicized because it's a plot event, not some kind of ratings extravaganza (like if O&F were to get married). I think it's being teased but not advertised because it's nothing more than a story twist (like Oliver marrying Nyssa or some League random), or something low key, like if Thea for whatever reason married Roy.

• Love 2

It says something about U.S. television, or Arrow, or both, that so many people here are responding to the Oliver/Felicity hookup with "Great. He's going to marry Nyssa in two more episodes, isn't he? I knew it."

• Love 10
(edited)

A political alliance to hold LoA together after Ra's gone? They are considered married in NP, Oliver's back in Startling and Nyssa's ruling the LoA. I think it could work. They wouldn't consider it a real marriage, but maybe for League, it's enough.

I'd give Felicity the assist.  She stabbed Slade in the neck with the Mirakuru cure, which took his powers away but Oliver still had to fight and defeat Slade.  

It says something about U.S. television, or Arrow, or both, that so many people here are responding to the Oliver/Felicity hookup with "Great. He's going to marry Nyssa in two more episodes, isn't he? I knew it."

I think it's more about Arrow than US TV (personally).  Then again, I'm also certain that the only reason O/N marriage even became a concept (right or wrong) is because it happened with Talia/Bruce in the Batman comics and these idiots love to rip-off Batman.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2

Sigh. I want Nyssa to take Ra's down after taking away her birth right, just like I wanted Thea to destroy Malcolm for everything he did to her but I don't think either of those things are gonna happen, especially because a man always has to be there in some way to save the day presumably.

As for the wedding, I don't want anyone to get married because I can't see a plot reason for why so it just feels like trolling to me. I'm dreading it though. Dreading it.

Edited by Angel12d

I will laugh my head off if the wedding does wind up being two random people that get interrupted by fisticuffs, despite MG mentioning it on more than one occasion and answering a ton of questions about it (present day, first marriage for both, wedding and a marriage). It would be the first time I'm actually relieved at the trolling.

• Love 5

I'd give Felicity the assist. She stabbed Slade in the neck with the Mirakuru cure, which took his powers away but Oliver still had to fight and defeat Slade.

I think it's more about Arrow than US TV (personally). Then again, I'm also certain that the only reason O/N marriage even became a concept (right or wrong) is because it happened with Talia/Bruce in the Batman comics and these idiots love to rip-off Batman.

Oh yeah Felicity and Oliver both took down Slade. evidence they would be one Hell of a power couple lol also why I think if he comes back Felicity is in danger Edited by jay741982
  • Love 1

It says something about U.S. television, or Arrow, or both, that so many people here are responding to the Oliver/Felicity hookup with "Great. He's going to marry Nyssa in two more episodes, isn't he? I knew it."

I'm just over here in a corner going it's Roy and Thea, it's Roy and Thea, it's Roy and Thea......

• Love 2

I'm just over here in a corner going it's Roy and Thea, it's Roy and Thea, it's Roy and Thea...…

Right there with you. 

Shouldn't they call it Black Canary Cry? Its a little long winded but The Canary is Sara and Laurel isn't her sister. Really they could call it Sara's Cry (which is both beautiful and sad).

• Love 1

Shouldn't they call it Black Canary Cry? Its a little long winded but The Canary is Sara and Laurel isn't her sister. Really they could call it Sara's Cry (which is both beautiful and sad).

You have to handwave it.  Just like you had to handwave that light-hearted scene where Laurel and Cisco were yukking it up over her Black Canary name... a moment that should've been more somber because it should've reminded them both of her dead sister.

I actually don't think the name of the Canary Cry is the problem.  I think the bigger problem is that this season was supposed to be about Laurel's identity journey culminating in her deciding to be her own kind of hero - and yet she's copying everything of Sara/Canary's.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 5

Guys, why does Nyssa appear to be naked in the extended promo? Where is she and who is she talking to? I thought maybe MG was trolling in his answer to that Laurel/Nyssa shipper, but...they wouldn't go there, would they?

Nah, I don't think they will. Mostly because I don't think they'll be able to sell that storyline to Katie Cassidy. If she was uncomfortable fake making out with a married man, I imagine she'd be as awkward trying to sell a same-sex relationship. Who knows? Maybe I'm wrong.

Boy oh boy, that Canary Cry looks all sorts of awkward ... and well, just bad. Why does she have to actually scream? Can't she just activate the choker? This is one of those things that may look cool in the comics but just looks horrible live action, I think.

• Love 3