Type keyword(s) to search

Dean Winchester: aka Squirrel

• Start Topic

46 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

It's baby Jensen to a T.  The big eyes, the lips...

Recalling the other young Jensen photo, I think this Zepp has a bit of a sweetheart shape face like Daneel.  Regardless, all the kids are so very lovely.  I look at this photo and hope they can be raised away from celebrity.  I think both the Ackles and Padalecki's are keen on that.  

(edited)

Jensen's solo Saturday panel from JIB. I just started but I am giggling at him talking about the "I'd murder 'em all"  scene from A Most Holy Man, which it seems was mostly unscripted. Love his slow grin when he starts talking about it. Nobody is a bigger Dean fan than Jensen. Starts about 10:45. His rendition of his audition for 'Sam' is pretty funny, too - watch from the beginning. :)

Jeez, the next question is tough. He's asked about the scene at the end of AT, when Dean says he needs a win, and if he's ever had such a need/win. He talks about the death of a good friend/roommate in a bad car accident. He says he was driving in the car behind him (on a road trip), so if I'm understanding right, he must have witnessed it? How awful. :(

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, Myrelle said:

That solo panel was so good. The questions were all interesting and novel.

JIbcon is probably the only Con I'd ever want to go to if I won the lottery.

Yes, and you get to see the beautiful city of Roma at the same time.  Jensen's panel was absolutely wonderful. No Jared interrupting and fooling about. And my sincere gratitude to the audience for such fine questions.  I wish I could've been there.

• Love 3

At some point this weekend I saw a video of Jensen talking about how his panel tends to be more serious, and then there is (totally paraphrased here - I need to find that clip) him and the fool beside him (pointing to Jared's empty chair) making clowns of themselves for an hour. He's so right - and I love their panels and the camaraderie and silliness - but this is why having both a solo and a duo panel would be such a welcome thing at Creation cons. Not just for Jensen fans, but for Jared's as well. Best of both worlds. The problem is Creation only has them for one day, and with the private M&Gs and the hundreds of photo ops and autographs, it would be nearly impossible to fit them in. Something would have to give, and no way is Creation giving up the cash cow that is photo-ops and M&Gs. The only way, IMO, would be to forego the morning Gold panel and have two solos instead, but then they'd need to offer up something great to make the crazy price of the Gold worthwhile, or lower the price - and ain't no way that's happening, either.

31 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

At some point this weekend I saw a video of Jensen talking about how his panel tends to be more serious, and then there is (totally paraphrased here - I need to find that clip) him and the fool beside him (pointing to Jared's empty chair) making clowns of themselves for an hour. He's so right - and I love their panels and the camaraderie and silliness - but this is why having both a solo and a duo panel would be such a welcome thing at Creation cons. Not just for Jensen fans, but for Jared's as well. Best of both worlds. The problem is Creation only has them for one day, and with the private M&Gs and the hundreds of photo ops and autographs, it would be nearly impossible to fit them in. Something would have to give, and no way is Creation giving up the cash cow that is photo-ops and M&Gs. The only way, IMO, would be to forego the morning Gold panel and have two solos instead, but then they'd need to offer up something great to make the crazy price of the Gold worthwhile, or lower the price - and ain't no way that's happening, either.

I would bet that the J's wouldn't mind giving up the Gold panel.  They always look so tired.  

1 hour ago, Casseiopeia said:

I would bet that the J's wouldn't mind giving up the Gold panel.  They always look so tired.  

But they'd probably have to do the solo panels in their place. Otherwise it'd be photo ops and IMO those would be more tiring than standing talking for half an hour. 

On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 6:09 PM, gonzosgirrl said:

Jensen's solo Saturday panel from JIB. I just started but I am giggling at him talking about the "I'd murder 'em all"  scene from A Most Holy Man, which it seems was mostly unscripted. Love his slow grin when he starts talking about it. Nobody is a bigger Dean fan than Jensen. Starts about 10:45. His rendition of his audition for 'Sam' is pretty funny, too - watch from the beginning. :)

Jeez, the next question is tough. He's asked about the scene at the end of AT, when Dean says he needs a win, and if he's ever had such a need/win. He talks about the death of a good friend/roommate in a bad car accident. He says he was driving in the car behind him (on a road trip), so if I'm understanding right, he must have witnessed it? How awful. :(

Thanks for uploading this @gonzosgirrl.

• Love 1

A few years ago, as I understand it, J2 decided to always do panels together.  I don't know if it was because of Jensen's original shyness (it use to terrify him to get up on stage alone.... per him....) or 'unified front' - because they do everything together.

So, I don't see them going to solo panels.  And honestly, I don't blame them. The intensity in the room for the main panel is nuts when it's J2. I don't know the size of JIBCON but I get the impression it's not as large.  

ITA, the questions at JIB were just flat-out better when they had the full solo attention of the star. From my perspective they were also better because they were more focused on the show and less on personal life or prank-class questions.  OTOH, the "dance", "drink", etc... wheel does nothing for me.  But, the boys do it every year ... so they must not hate it.  They also seemed to keep the apple juice just plain apple juice this year. 

1 minute ago, bethy said:

That little scene with Jody kills me every time. She’s comforting him and he accepts it. It’s just so sweet and tender.

True indeed! If they gave us little moments like that with Mary it would help to make her character a little more palatable IMO.

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, DeeDee79 said:

True indeed! If they gave us little moments like that with Mary it would help to make her character a little more palatable IMO.

They needed something with Mary, for sure, but I do think that that moment between Dean and Jody has years of relationship and respect and care behind it. And that would take some building with Mary, which would require that she be invested in growing her relationship with her sons. #isbitterstillalways

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, bethy said:

They needed something with Mary, for sure, but I do think that that moment between Dean and Jody has years of relationship and respect and care behind it. And that would take some building with Mary, which would require that she be invested in growing her relationship with her sons. #isbitterstillalways

Good point. They could have been building their relationship up to moments like this from the beginning of season 12. So much potential squandered for unnecessary angst.

• Love 3

Jensen sits on the stool legs apart and when he's not holding his mic to his mouth, he rests it down between his legs. I have to smile at the visual it creates. I don't think it's on purpose, tho.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Ketch (David Haydn-Jones).

He's probably really enjoying the SPN "family" and all it entails. He seems like a nice guy and I loved his work as the villain I loved to hate. I still like him even though he's not as evil.  :)

• Love 8

This has been kicking around in my head since I posted about the potential lost in regards to great friendships between Dean & Benny as well as Dean & Victor. Assuming anyone else loved their interactions with Dean as much as I did, who would you have loved to see a friendship flourish with more if you had to pick between the two? I'm torn: Benny was so genuine and I loved their interactions. However Victor was had the same goodness and integrity as Dean and would have been an awesome hunter to join in from time to time. Any thoughts on this or should I stop thinking so much and go to bed already?

• Love 3
(edited)
22 minutes ago, DeeDee79 said:

This has been kicking around in my head since I posted about the potential lost in regards to great friendships between Dean & Benny as well as Dean & Victor. Assuming anyone else loved their interactions with Dean as much as I did, who would you have loved to see a friendship flourish with more if you had to pick between the two? I'm torn: Benny was so genuine and I loved their interactions. However Victor was had the same goodness and integrity as Dean and would have been an awesome hunter to join in from time to time. Any thoughts on this or should I stop thinking so much and go to bed already?

Victor.  Benny was a little too needy/clingy for me.  Victor would have made a great ally and Hunter for future episodes.  Dean and Hendrickson were soldiers in War.  CMW was a great actor as well.

Edited by Casseiopeia
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

Victor would have made a great ally and Hunter for future episodes.  Dean and Hendrickson were soldiers in War. 

Agreed! The way that he jumped right into the fight moments after finding out the truth was awesome. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, DeeDee79 said:

I legit shipped Dean and Victor.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, DeeDee79 said:

That's a tough one. I loved them both so much, but if I had to pick it would probably be Benny.

He always seemed to me like the older brother that Dean never had. He watched out for Dean in a way that to me no one ever really had before. He listened to him and respected his thoughts and decisions even if he didn't always agree with them, and in this way, he recognized and respected Dean's leadership abilities, too. And I loved Elizabeth, his kin, too. I have a head canon where Dean settled down with Elizabeth and Benny lived nearby and would watch over and out for her when Dean went on hunts. And there would be a different pie waiting for him on his return every time. ;-)

• Love 7
11 hours ago, DeeDee79 said:

As much as I loved Benny, I'm going with Victor. Victor IMO had some of the best lines ever, like in Nightshifter when he takes over command and tells the cop " I don't care if you bang your wife or go get a donut". Why isn't there an abundance of Victor fics I wonder. 

• Love 3

Sam was openly jealous of Dean's friendship with Benny - so there you go....

I haven't watched in a while  but there's a scene in purgatory where they're hunting vampires and working in unison via a series of taps and whistles.  We never really see anything like that with Sam when they're on a hunt.  In the beginning, yes.  When Dean is in jail and sends a cryptic note to Sam and he understands fully what Dean means and takes action.  But that kind of thing doesn't really happen now.  Sam just looks condescending most of the time. 

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Myrelle said:

That's a tough one. I loved them both so much, but if I had to pick it would probably be Benny.

He always seemed to me like the older brother that Dean never had. He watched out for Dean in a way that to me no one ever really had before. He listened to him and respected his thoughts and decisions even if he didn't always agree with them, and in this way, he recognized and respected Dean's leadership abilities, too. And I loved Elizabeth, his kin, too. I have a head canon where Dean settled down with Elizabeth and Benny lived nearby and would watch over and out for her when Dean went on hunts. And there would be a different pie waiting for him on his return every time. ;-)

I love this post. But you are right, there hasn't been another character that has been so unfailingly supportive and appreciative of Dean as a person. Ideally, doesn't everyone deserve someone like that in their lives? For some people it would be a parent, (ha ha ha) or a best friend, or yeah, an older brother, none of which Dean has ever had. So maybe for some, Benny was a little too good to be true, but damnit, it was nice to see Dean have someone like that. 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

I haven't watched in a while  but there's a scene in purgatory where they're hunting vampires and working in unison via a series of taps and whistles.  We never really see anything like that with Sam when they're on a hunt. 

I love that scene! It's from Blood Brother: 

9 hours ago, trxr4kids said:

As much as I loved Benny, I'm going with Victor. Victor IMO had some of the best lines ever, like in Nightshifter when he takes over command and tells the cop " I don't care if you bang your wife or go get a donut". Why isn't there an abundance of Victor fics I wonder. 

My favorite was from Jus In Bello: "I'm trying to decide what to have for dinner tonight: steak or lobster? What the hell; surf and turf!" It's all in the delivery :)

• Love 7

It's funny; reading all of your responses makes it even harder for me to choose now :) Ideally ( for me ) Victor would've survived and been around to research when Dean disappeared and wound up in Purgatory. He would've then found a way in and popped up just as Dean reached the portal with Benny. Once back in our world they could've teamed up for hunts and hung out at the bunker when they had downtime :) 

• Love 7
(edited)
5 hours ago, DeeDee79 said:

I love that scene! It's from Blood Brother: 

My favorite was from Jus In Bello: "I'm trying to decide what to have for dinner tonight: steak or lobster? What the hell; surf and turf!" It's all in the delivery :)

That scene was Gold. Every time I hear In The Hall of the Mountain King now, I think of that scene.

And Dean and Victor also fought back to back in JIB. I love the visual of Dean fighting back to back with these guys. It makes such a statement where it concerns Dean and what is important to him as a hunter. It's what he wants, values, and appreciates most of all in a hunting partner, IMO-someone whom he can truly count on to always have his back.

Edited by Myrelle
  • Love 5