Type keyword(s) to search

Crimes You'd Like To See On Dateline: Calling Keith Morrison!

cooksdelight
  • Start Topic

It took them long enough to find and track down the Idaho murderer to make a good show, plus they have lots of pictures of the beautiful victims so I expect we will get a show after the trial.

I was expecting  the motive to be rejection from one of the girls, but now it looks like it might just be acting out a fantasy for the warped mind of the killer.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

It took them long enough to find and track down the Idaho murderer to make a good show, plus they have lots of pictures of the beautiful victims so I expect we will get a show after the trial.

Oh they'll probably do it before a trial.  Sort of the way they kept doing new episodes about the Lori case.

• Like 3

There's an ongoing case here in Massachusetts that's up Dateline's alley. The woman was last seen by a "family member" early on Jan 1 as she was leaving for the airport via a rideshare for a business trip to DC. She was reported missing 3 days later by her employer and husband. The police can find no record of a rideshare, her phone's been off the whole time, and there's been no credit card activity.

As soon as I heard the story, I said to my father "the husband did it." And today, the husband was arrested for misleading police.

Husband of missing Cohasset woman arrested and charged for misleading investigation

• Like 2
  • Useful 3

Ooh, that's a creepy story. 

NewsCenter 5's Brianna Borghi saw young children being led out of the house Sunday morning. Ana and Brian Walshe have three young boys together between the ages of 2 and 6.

This is just heartbreaking ;(. Those poor kids. 

The bit about the wife's former home catching on fire is a spooky coincidence, too. 

• Like 1

As soon as I saw her name, "Ana," I wondered if she was a mail order bride.  I'm always suspicious of men who prefer to have a wife who doesn't know her way around America or speak the language very well. 

I've heard men say they preferred women from (Russian, Korea, wherever) because they were more submissive and dependent.  Not that they always are, but the men think they will be.  It makes me wonder what they want to get away with in a marriage where the wife may not be aware of all her legal options and not have her family close for support.

Edited by JudyObscure
  • Like 2

The mother of three later self-published a children’s book titled “Are You with Me?” about an angel wing-clad deceased father watching over his sons.

The sheer cojones on her to do this, and to put herself out there publicly with this besides. Just. Damn. Putting her children through that kind of pain and hell, that's fucking cold. 

Also, it continues to amaze me how these people manage to put out SO MANY life insurance policies on their spouse. In this case, there was four, and then there's that story about the guy who shot his wife during a trip to Africa who'd had nine policies on her. Shouldn't all that racking up of insurance policies raise some massive red flags on these insurance companies' part at some point? 

• Like 4
38 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

Also, it continues to amaze me how these people manage to put out SO MANY life insurance policies on their spouse.

I've been telling my husband for years (or maybe "warning" him is more like it) that there should be a federal law (named after me, of course) that anytime someone takes out an insurance policy on someone else's life, that someone should be notified and have to sign off on it. It seems pretty damn elementary to me, that if somebody has a financial incentive to kill you, you have a right to know about it in advance.

• Like 6
1 minute ago, Mondrianyone said:

That anytime someone takes out an insurance policy on someone else's life, that someone should be notified and have to sign off on it.

That's already a thing.  Insurance companies aren't going to issue life insurance on a person without their consent.

In the Dateline cases we see either the spouse has agreed to have a ridiculous number--or amount--of policies taken out on them or their names are forged.

• Thanks 2
  • Useful 2
7 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

That's already a thing.

Well, that's a comfort. And probably proof that I've never taken out a policy on someone I was planning to kill.

Maybe they could name a rider to that law after me, then, that says insurance companies must have a database that alerts them when someone takes out a ridiculous number of policies on another person with other insurers. And notifies that person before the policy goes into effect just to ensure their consent wasn't falsified. If those are also things, then I'll just say they're not working flawlessly.

• Like 5
On 6/3/2023 at 8:40 PM, Mondrianyone said:

I've been telling my husband for years (or maybe "warning" him is more like it) that there should be a federal law (named after me, of course) that anytime someone takes out an insurance policy on someone else's life, that someone should be notified and have to sign off on it. It seems pretty damn elementary to me, that if somebody has a financial incentive to kill you, you have a right to know about it in advance.

I don't know if it's possible or if it's even legal, but it should also be a thing that appropriate authorities, or even a higher-up in the insurance company as a signal to look at this one a little more closely, is notified when an insurance policy is called to be collected on within a certain number of days of being purchased. Ninety days should do it, a lot of the husbands that kill their spouses/affair partners do it within a month of getting the (obnoxiously overpriced relative to their salary) policy.

• Like 4
On 6/3/2023 at 7:58 PM, Annber03 said:

The sheer cojones on her to do this, and to put herself out there publicly with this besides. Just. Damn. Putting her children through that kind of pain and hell, that's fucking cold.

This reminds me of an old Dateline episode I saw people talking about on Twitter recently where the husband and wife fake the husband's death, collect on an insurance policy and the husband reenters her life after a makeover as the "boyfriend."  She knew but they tell their son that it's mommy's new boyfriend and his dad is dead.  Talk about cruel because the young kid knew but was gaslit. 

Unfortunately, Peacock doesn't go back that far.  I think now it's only available in podcast form.

44 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

even a higher-up in the insurance company as a signal to look at this one a little more closely, is notified when an insurance policy is called to be collected on within a certain number of days of being purchased. Ninety days should do it, a lot of the husbands that kill their spouses/affair partners do it within a month of getting the (obnoxiously overpriced relative to their salary) policy.

Oh insurance companies do not want to pay out and you better believe they look into something like that.  So do the cops.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 2
1 minute ago, Irlandesa said:

This reminds me of an old Dateline episode I saw people talking about on Twitter recently where the husband and wife fake the husband's death, collect on an insurance policy and the husband reenters her life after a makeover as the "boyfriend."  She knew but they tell their son that it's mommy's new boyfriend and his dad is dead.  Talk about cruel because the young kid knew but was gaslit. 

Unfortunately, Peacock doesn't go back that far.  I think now it's only available in podcast form.

Were the perpetrators named Molly and Clayton Daniels?

If you'd like to see a half-hour version of that case it was a Forensic Files episode way back when. (Season 11, episode 16, Nov. 2006: "Grave Evidence.")

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The Gilgo Beach murders are an obvious topic for Dateline, but at this point it will be thoroughly covered everywhere.

What about this case of the woman who says she stopped to help a toddler and was kidnapped.  Then she returned home two days later.  Sketch? 

• Like 4

I'm sure that that every one of these True Crime shows will be having a "special edition" Gilgo Beach episode soon.  

I live on Long Island and when they showed the suspect's house on the news I figured that there are going to be a lot of "interesting" details coming out about this guy's life.   He is an architect and he is living in home that sticks out like a sore thumb in his neighborhood and not in a good way.   I wouldn't doubt if the police are going to strip that house down to the studs.  It was also reported today that the cops are searching a storage unit that he had.  I really, really, hope that they find some of the murdered women's belongings to prove he did it with some hardcore evidence.  

Waiting for more info about the woman in Kentucky.  At first I thought that maybe the young child was left on the side of the road as "bait" in the hopes that somebody would stop and then get robbed or worse.   I'm glad that the woman turned up safe but yeah, the entire thing is weird.  I'm old enough to remember the Tawana Brawley case here in NY and wonder if this is some strange adult version of that.  

• Like 4
(edited)
20 hours ago, 12catcrazy said:

Waiting for more info about the woman in Kentucky.  At first I thought that maybe the young child was left on the side of the road as "bait" in the hopes that somebody would stop and then get robbed or worse.   I'm glad that the woman turned up safe but yeah, the entire thing is weird.  I'm old enough to remember the Tawana Brawley case here in NY and wonder if this is some strange adult version of that.  

It was Alabama where it happened, and the woman just showed up at her parents' home right after her story was shown on TV.     Sadly, from the camera footage along the interstate, there is no way her story is factual.     I'm betting it will be another Tawana Brawley or Sherri Pepini case.   

The reward fund is being given back to the donors.

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 4
6 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

It was Alabama where it happened, and the woman just showed up at her parents' home right after her story was shown on TV.     Sadly, from the camera footage along the interstate, there is no way her story is factual.     I'm betting it will be another Tawana Brawley or Sherri Pepini case.   

It is a bizarre story and I don't understand her motive? My understanding is that she walked home after being dropped off close. I find that even more suspicious though!

• Like 2

Re the Alabama case - it's looking more like it was a hoax.  Apparently the victim had done some very recent searches on "Amber Alert" and the movie "Taken".  The police also had surveillance video of the highway where her car was found and there were no other vehicles seen.   I guess there will be more updates.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
9 minutes ago, 12catcrazy said:

Re the Alabama case - it's looking more like it was a hoax.  Apparently the victim had done some very recent searches on "Amber Alert" and the movie "Taken".  The police also had surveillance video of the highway where her car was found and there were no other vehicles seen.   I guess there will be more updates.

The Daily Mail just posted this info.  You can count on the Daily Mail to keep up with stories like this.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 7/16/2023 at 5:58 PM, EtheltoTillie said:

The Gilgo Beach murders are an obvious topic for Dateline, but at this point it will be thoroughly covered everywhere.

Did Dateline or one of the other magazine shows already do this story? I know I've seen it, in addition to that movie starring Amy Ryan as Shannan Gilbert's mother.

On 7/17/2023 at 5:29 PM, 12catcrazy said:

I'm old enough to remember the Tawana Brawley case here in NY

Me, too. She was really a moron, but Al Sharpton certainly got a lot of mileage out of defending her ridiculous story.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
(edited)

Gilgo Killer's wife filing now is a ploy to keep the assets safe from paying for his defense, too late in my opinion.    

In the Alabama case, she did the searches, which included one way bus tickets to Nashville, and if you have to pay for search costs if it's a hoax.    She also bought a bunch of snack food and other supplies at Target, and when she was 'kidnapped', she left everything else behind, but took the snacks.     Her latest story is being forced to walk to a waiting semi for her kidnapping, and fighting for her life to escape.  

I wonder if the show will cover the bizarre case in Houston (I think Houston), where the man was abducted 8 years ago, but it turns out was held captive by his mother at their place for all of that time.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 2
19 hours ago, 12catcrazy said:

Definitely a hoax! She also stopped at Target to buy snacks, robe and toilet paper. Now the real question is where did she stay for those 2 days? Is your boyfriend in on it? Her family is in complete denial. 

• Like 2
6 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Gilgo Killer's wife filing now is a ploy to keep the assets safe from paying for his defense, too late in my opinion.    

In the Alabama case, she did the searches, which included one way bus tickets to Nashville...

I wonder if the show will cover the bizarre case in Houston (I think Houston), where the man was abducted 8 years ago, but it turns out was held captive by his mother at their place for all of that time.  

Mrs. Gilgo Killer is probably going to try and put as much space between herself and this freak as fast as possible.  Who knows if he was also abusive at home and maybe she jumped with joy at being able to escape.    I don't know how the asset thing is going to work out; NY divorce laws are pretty complicated and she might not even be on the title to the house.  She will probably have to hire an investigator to see if her husband had "hidden" assets and maybe the value of those guns could come into play as well.    I saw something this morning that law enforcement is going to be doing interviews with the wife and daughter to glean if they knew anything about the Paterfamilias' hobby of murdering ladies of the evening. 

Re the Alabama case - One way ticket bus tickets to Nashville, huh?  Maybe she wanted a selfie with Miranda Lambert (Kidding!).  And if there was any truth to her story (including running through the woods to escape), you'd think at the very least she'd have scratches from the trees and brush and a million bug bites.   I think that the young lady's story is unraveling very quickly.  Wonder why she did it?   Maybe she was counting on setting up a go fund me. 

The Texas case.  I don't think the guy was a "captive" in the way of being chained to a wall or something.  I think he actually left the house many times but used a different name and says he was "brainwashed" by his mother.   This sort of case may make it to 48 Hours but it seems that Dateline goes into either very attractive female victims or affluent people (usually both).  I think this case would be kind of "low rent" for Dateline but you never know.   

• Like 2

I'm wondering if the Samantha Woll case will end up on Dateline?  The police are saying the circumstances don't point to a hate crime.  She was found on her front lawn.  That points to a random intruder or her being killed by someone she knew who was also in the house.

• Like 1

I looked at articles about the Barry and Honey Sherman murders, and it was sad to see how the family has splintered apart over claims of being cheated.     I don't see how anyone could be eliminated from suspicion either, even if you don't kill someone yourself, if you have the means to hire someone to do it for you, you're still a suspect.     A truly baffling case. 

I find it mind boggling that they apparently died so long before they were found.   If the real estate agent hadn't had a tour with potential buyers and found the body, who knows how long it would have been until the crime was discovered.   

I don't think the unlocked house is anything more than people who thought they lived in a safe neighborhood, and were leaving the house ready for visiting realtors and potential buyers.   The fact that Barry was pressuring his son, and other business associates for payment was big red flag to me.  Also, apparently the couple were working on wills, and the family trust, and were apparently changing bequests right before they were murdered, so that would give a lot of people incintives to make sure inheritance wasn't changed. 

I find it odd that there's only one long distance photo of a suspect.  Because of the winter clothes, and the lighting, you can't tell if it's a man or woman.  To kill two people, wouldn't there have to be more than one person to control them?   

A baffling case.   It would be interesting to see Dateline's show about it.