Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E04: Debts Of The Past

WendyCR72
  • Start Topic

Activity seems a bit better here, so episode threads will forge on for now, too...

After surviving a hit against him, Voight is convinced the culprit is a criminal he and Olinksy once put away and is determined to catch him before he injures anyone else. Atwater accidentally spills information about Ruzek's past which unsettles Burgess. Platt assigns Burgess and Roman a high society dognapping case.

Voights appearance in Fire Tuesday was ridiculous considering what had happened between last week and last night. They were finally making the crossovers work and now they're back to inconsistent.

Beckett seemed like a smarter than average perp...but trying to kill Voight, then suing him as a back-up plan is an obvious red flag. BTW, Voight & Olinsky unlock their cars with keys? I know that cheap rental cars don't have keyless entry, but this is Chicago PD 2015, not Gotham 1985.

• Love 3

I was confused by the brief exchange at the end between Mouse & Olinsky — was there something about fingerprints not matching that would indicate that delinquent boxer girl isn't actually his daughter, or what? Because I get that he hadn't decided to do the DNA test yet, since that was the incredibly boring agonized will he won't he scene at the mailbox at the very end...

Solid episode, as always imo when Voight (and Olinsky) are at the center of the plot.

BTW, Voight & Olinsky unlock their cars with keys? I know that cheap rental cars don't have keyless entry, but this is Chicago PD 2015, not Gotham 1985.

Well, Voight and Olinsky prefer a white board to a big screen, so maybe they still live in 1985. I wonder whether it was deliberate move from the writers?

Poor Mouse, he was so excited about his screen. I love Mouse more with every episode.

When Voight and Olinsky went to get Beckett's informer, I was half certain it would be Lindsay's mom. I certainly hope she'll get her comeuppance.

Oh joy, more shallow problems for Burgess/Ruzek. Imo, just like Casey/Dawson on CF, they work better as friends turned lovers than with manufactured drama.

I'd be 100% on Roman's side for being annoyed at a coworker talking about her personal life, but considering his own behavior with his ex that ended with Burgess being shot, I can't.

Atwaters was imo better on patrol than as part of the background in Intelligence. Can't he be back as Burgess' partner and Roman be fired and sent to Chicago Med as a security guy?

I have the feeling there's more Antonio lately than in the second half of last season, so at least that's that.

• Love 1

Great episode - Voight and Olinsky are great together.

Not surprised that Ruzek was happy to push back the wedding. I'd rather they split him and Burgess up and we could enjoy watching him play the field and get into funny situations. I've never bought him as the kind of guy to settle down anyway.

Erin and Jay look like they're back on which is nice. I'd rather they just start dating at this point then a season of angst. They proved last season that they could be professional about it.

I have the feeling there's more Antonio lately than in the second half of last season, so at least that's that.

I hope so after him being so wasted the first two seasons.

Not surprised that Ruzek was happy to push back the wedding. I'd rather they split him and Burgess up and we could enjoy watching him play the field and get into funny situations. I've never bought him as the kind of guy to settle down anyway.

What was the deal with him making dog jokes to her in the locker room at the end of the episode?

What was the deal with him making dog jokes to her in the locker room at the end of the episode?

The brothers she and Roman busted were running a dog smuggling/kidnapping ring on the side (hence all the captive dogs).  Hence dog jokes.  Most of that got cut it seems (although there are a few promo pics that didn't appear in the episode).

That's actually the most Ruzek  has treated her like a fellow cop instead of his girlfriend all season.

Edited by Mars477

While it was the fastest detox in history, I'm glad that Erin has regained Voight's trust. As someone with no experience or knowledge other than what I see on TV, can a cocaine (that was her drug of choice, yes?) addict still drink and have it "not count"? Meaning, is it normal for someone with a drug problem to still be able to drink alcohol without repercussions or trading one addiction for another?

I <3 Sophia Bush.

• Love 1

I don't know any addicts and have never been one myself. But in all the literature I have ever read, drinking for a recovering addict is considered a no-no since they can trade one addiction for another. So people are discouraged from drinking if recovering from a drug habit, etc.

• Love 2

I don't think Erin is an addict though. I think when is a dark place she can party hard and surround herself by the wrong people but I don't think she has an addiction problem. She got clarity in the situation so now she's ok.

• Love 1

I'm not really sure where the Olinsky daughter thing is heading; but I just feel that she will turn out to not be his and he will stay involved because it's clear the girl needs some help.

If that happens, however, it seems too much like she's a Nadia fill-in.

• Love 3

Did I miss something? I thought he hesitated but then finally dropped the parcel in the mailbox. I'll be annoyed if he hasn't - actually I'm already annoyed that he threw that at his family without making sure first. I mean it doesn't change that he was sleeping around but that's on him and he should not put his wife and daughter through that wringer without a damn good reason.

I wish Burgess had brought her whining to the desk-sergeant, then we would at least have gotten some fun out of that incredibly annoying subplot.

• Love 1

Beckett seemed like a smarter than average perp...but trying to kill Voight, then suing him as a back-up plan is an obvious red flag. BTW, Voight & Olinsky unlock their cars with keys? I know that cheap rental cars don't have keyless entry, but this is Chicago PD 2015, not Gotham 1985.

Doing some head canon here. They are plain clothes/undercover cops with a cop car you don't want to alert your presence by the horn signalling a locking door so you don't use it? The timer on the bomb itself using some sort of loud mechanical device also seemed to be a blast from the past.

Did I miss something? I thought he hesitated but then finally dropped the parcel in the mailbox. .

Yes, that's exactly what happened.  How convenient for her mouth guard to be left where he could get the DNA sample without her knowing, though.

• Love 1

Did I miss something? I thought he hesitated but then finally dropped the parcel in the mailbox. I'll be annoyed if he hasn't - actually I'm already annoyed that he threw that at his family without making sure first. I mean it doesn't change that he was sleeping around but that's on him and he should not put his wife and daughter through that wringer without a damn good reason.

I would have to rewatch, but you can't drop things in big city mailboxes anymore. To stop fishing theft and parcels that Homeland Security won't let on airplanes from being dropped in them they now have a little slot so businesses running late and trying to drop a mass mailing into them can't even do that anymore

"bought in a convenience store on Highway 94"

I think that phrase actuallly hurt my brain. Firstly, there is no such thing as stores on 94. It's a f-ing INTERSTATE. "just off of", sure. Not on.

And secondly, it's 94 or the Edens. Maybe I-94. Get out of here with "Highway 94".

• LOL 1
(edited)
On 7/5/2020 at 8:19 PM, CoyoteBlue said:

"bought in a convenience store on Highway 94"

I think that phrase actuallly hurt my brain. Firstly, there is no such thing as stores on 94. It's a f-ing INTERSTATE. "just off of", sure. Not on.

And secondly, it's 94 or the Edens. Maybe I-94. Get out of here with "Highway 94".

HAHAHA!! I could have sworn I posted the same thing!  It actually did hurt my brain.  Just as bad as "Suspect headed south on Fullerton"  UGH!!

Edited by SuzieQ