Type keyword(s) to search

The Current Season Of America's Next Top Model Will Be Its Last

I think it is highly likely that if ANTM does return, it will be on one of those cable channels that regularly air reruns of old cycles, like E! Entertainment, Oxygen or Bravo.

Didn't the Kardashians appear several times in prior cycle? I can totally see Khloe Kardashian (the gorilla looking one) as the new host and the mom Kris Jenner will be one of the judges along with some other rancid E! personality like Kelly Osbourne, the male "Tonight Show" intern with the really high voice (don't remember his name) and one of the guys from "gay eye for the straight guy" as the "fashion consultant", and guest judges each week will be housewives from various cycles of "Real Housewives" of Jersey, OC, Beverly Hills etc.

That would be a horrendous reboot but I can totally see that happening.

Edited by Mattipoo
  • Love 1

RCharter- I agree. This show is best for its snark. This is one reason I'd kind of miss it because I love coming to this forum and making fun of it. I have one friend who watches this show when it happens to come on and she's not busy doing other things. In fact, she's just caught up on this season and loves Nyle. (Don't we all? Well, most of us anyway.)

Basically, I have this forum on which to make fun of the show. My options to snark on it anywhere else are (somewhat) limited.  Lol.

Mattipoo- I was thinking the same. If the show returned to TV (not Hulu, Amazon, etc.), it would likely end up on one of the channels you mentioned. We'd see the stars from the other shows rotated in and out as actual or guest judges and involved in the challenges. Although I watch E! for House of DVF (also good for snark) and Bravo for the MDL shows.

I would pay to watch it if it went back to what it was in the first few cycles.  In other words.. a show about modelling!

Canada- SAME. I miss the format of the earlier cycles. I miss the runway challenge episodes when, at least, one person would have a major fall. I actually miss the two-hour premiere episodes when we'd meet several potential contestants and the crazy they'd bring while Mr. Jay and Miss Jay would make some of the funniest faces on the panel.

Edited by Surrealist
  • Love 2

Jokes aside, if ANTM does return in some capacity, I hope Christie Teigen becomes the new host, as she is a moderately successful model and great TV personality. They should also rehire Nigel Barker and Mr. Jay, and go back to the original format they had in the early cycles. That will make me watch it again.

Edited by Mattipoo
  • Love 2

Jokes aside, if ANTM does return in some capacity, I hope Christie Teigen becomes the new host, as she is a moderately successful model and great TV personality. They should also rehire Nigel Barker and Mr. Jay, and go back to the original format they had in the early cycles. That will make me watch it again.

Co-sign on all of this. Plus Chrissy has no problem telling people where to go. No asskissing any of the contestants.

Sigh. Oh well, time to go through the TYve Stages of Grief.

Denial: "Uh, Fierce! Bootytooch! Aswirl! I am Tookie! POT LEDOM!"

Anger: "HOW DARE YOU! WE WERE ALL ROOTING FOR YOU! KISS MY FAT ASS!"

Bargaining: "As a graduate of Harvard Business School, clearly we can come up with a flow chart or Venn diagram to address this situation."

Depression: "This is so sad. It is like that one time I pretended to be homeless for a few hours."

Acceptance: "Oh well, it was a good run. At least I'm not Becky."

<SMIZE>

Love you for this. Laughed so much.

• Love 3

Curiosity question:

If ANTM came back on Hulu, Amazon, or through some other site, would any of you watch it?

Even if, say, Tyra acted as not only the host, but also the makeup artist, hair stylist, art director, photographer, and judge?

I'm thinking in terms of what I'd assume would be the budget.  ;-)

Only if it went back to what it was in the first few cycles: A competition featuring legit modeling candidates doing legit challenges. I'd be open to all-girl or all-boy, but no more girls vs. boys b.s.

In other news, The Gray Lady herself offers the following ANTM reflection.

Edited by ExMathMajor
  • Love 3

Well maybe not so fast...  'America’s Next Top Model' picked-up by VH1

“The CW canceled (“ANTM”) even though it was their most downloaded show,” said our insider, “but the speculation was that it’s because Tyra’s salary is so high. It's an expensive show to make because she gets a s---load of money.”

We’re told that executive producer Ken Mok — who has run the show since its first season and recently produced Jennifer Lawrence movie “Joy” — negotiated the VH1 deal.

They should just hire Jade as the next host. Jade will be available for cheap since she is an unknown supermodel, and she will bring the crazy and entertaining drama we have come to expect from the show for little more than a fraction of Tyra's barbecued ribs budget.

Edited by Mattipoo
  • Love 1

Hmmm. . . . interesting about moving to VH1, but that could be good for the show, especially if they do some revamping. A few of the things I would like to see be done is both of the Jays come back, bring back the quality of both the girls and the photo shoots (you know, something that would actually be seen or done in the real world of fashion and not whatever crazy scheme Tyra dreamt up) and, if an agency would DARE touch this show again, get an agency rep in from the first. Have the agency help to choose the girls, get veto power over the final picture (as in, if they don't like it, they get to see the whole film to choose another "best" picture) and, since they would have to rep the winner, they would get the option to either veto an elimination altogether, switch girls or otherwise overrule the judging panel.

Tyra has a decent eye for potential models, but she's ruined more than a few with her need for drama and attention.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 1

Also, if the show's coming back on VH1, can we please get a mix of photographers like we used to on the earlier Cycles? No more "Your photographer for today's shoot will be . . . Erik Asla. And he will be using a pinhole camera."

Edited by Surrealist

^zoypes!  braodcasting my photoshop free untouched face to the world sounds terrible, especially for the viewers with the HD!  But I hope one of you all get on this opportunity, because standards of beauty are pretty unrealistic.

10 hours ago, Justin james said:

Lol. This season is  not last season of Australia Next Top Model. Everyone you know the first series of this show was premiered on 11 January 2005 ITV Studios and after this every year this show will come and lots of people fill their application form to participate. the next season is going to be telecast on Fox8. Don't be afraid and get ready for auditions. if you have any doubt about this show and its auditions requirements check details http://australia2018auditions.com/australia-next-top-model-2018-auditions.html

This is the forum for America's Next Top Model.  The forum for the Australian version can be found here.

• Love 1