Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2 Wish List - Plot and Zombies Please?

• Start Topic

Where does the Horde come from?

Mass riots from panicky people?

The military taking out the rioters?

A vaccine distributed by the gov't that backfires spectacularily and kills everyone it innoculated?

Someone left the door to the LA County Morgue open, and it just escalated from there?

It's a very good question.

• Love 4

Mass riots from panicky people?

The military taking out the rioters?

A vaccine distributed by the gov't that backfires spectacularily and kills everyone it innoculated?

Someone left the door to the LA County Morgue open, and it just escalated from there?

It's a very good question.

Considering the backlog of bodies, that isn't farfetched :

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-bodies-storage-morgue-20160311-story.html

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-coroner-office-workloads-accreditation-20160312-story.html

• Love 1
(edited)

Opportunistic feeding among the homeless - those who don't have locked doors to hide behind? Current estimates are over a quarter-million in LA County alone.

Edited by Nashville
  • Love 1

For season 2 I really hope we get to see more of society falling, the effects and different points of view. Considering how fast a provocative picture of one of those Kardashians spreads across the internet, I have trouble believing there was radio silence about the outbreak and its effects.

I would give anything to see a perspective that is unrelated to the main cast. If the showrunners skipped over news reports and internet news stories because they wanted to restrict what we discover through the characters, they may prove to be a fatal mistake.

• Love 2

I watched the 1st season and enjoyed it well enough for the most part, but after the new season of TWD started I realized how meh FTWD was in comparison. Overall I thought the riot episodes delivered most on the whole "fall of society" premise the show was purported to be about. At this point flashbacks are about the only way I can think of to explore it, so that would be something I'd like to see this season. I hope they do something good incorporating Flight 462 as well; that was kind of an interesting webisode-type story.

I'd also like to see Tobias again; he and Strand, IMO, are the only characters who demonstrated some decent strategic thinking. Like others, I had a really hard time rooting for the main characters after they intentionally got hundreds of people killed to, ultimately, save one junkie who was only around to be saved because Strand had the means to keep Nick from being put down.

I did like Liza and it sucks they killed her off; I hope they better develop the characters they have left. It's funny because the teenage characters are typically the most annoying on TV programs, but for me they're the most tolerable, except for Strand (who's more intriguing than likable at this point). [Edited to add: I've changed my mind. Kill the teenagers. Now.]

It stills bugs they chose the name Madison for a >40 year old woman, but that aside her flat affect and resting bitch face irritates me. It'd be nice if she had more of a personality, both in the writing and her performance. And please grow a pair, Travis. I don't want or expect him to be tough like the experienced CDB, but there's something about his relationship with Madison which kind of emasculates him in my eyes. I'd realllly like Nick to change his clothes. LOL

I hope they show a lot more actual fear of the walkers. If they're supposed to be kind of clueless and stumbling around, they could at least show them being really frightened.

Now that I write all this out, I can't say I'm all that excited about the new season. I'll give a chance for now. If the 2nd season isn't a significant improvement, though, I'll probably bid the show adieu.

Edited by Sighed I
  • Love 2

After the travesty of the Negan finale in TWD, I've pretty much had my fill of the whole WD universe.  It's just endless repetition of people getting killed by undead and crazy psychos running around.  I had hoped FTWD would focus on the collapse of civilization as we know it, but it looks like the whole collapse was completed by the end of the first short season. So now FTWD is no different than TWD except for the location, with people going from place to place, and every place is just a brief rest stop before the next bloody assault.  It's gotten so old and I'm played out with the ZA theme.  There are so many interesting themes that could be addressed by these shows.  Finding a cure for one.  Working in characters from the government, military, etc., representing pockets of civilization still out there trying to find a solution.  Instead it's just Sons of Anarchy with Zombies.  So I'm not going to be picking up on season 2 of this one, season one was enough.

Edited by Dobian
  • Love 3

For this season I wish that this posse would meet up with some utility workers that could explain to them why there were phone outages and power problems at all.

I had to assume that the outages were coincidental, as with the flu outbreak, and that they just happened to occur on, or very shortly after, the same day that Travis, Madison and the crew began to notice the undead about them.

I'm hip to the fact that certain circumstances, like a damaged cable or damaged equipment in a switching office, can cause problems with telephone service such as no dial tone or a constant busy signal.  None of that was shown to have happened on the show so I kept wondering why they were having all of those problems talking to one another.

Also, if there were an event big enough that caused a lot of people in an area to try dialing at once that could also cause busy signals and whatnot but the show was pretty clear that most of the populace was unaware that there was a problem with the dead rising and cruising about so that shouldn't have been the reason for the funky telephone issues.

As unlikely as the telephone problems were the whole issue with there being either no power or spotty power availability was as random as random could be and I couldn't get with that either.

It stills bugs they chose the name Madison for a >40 year old woman, but that aside her flat affect and resting bitch face irritates me. It'd be nice if she had more of a personality, both in the writing and her performance. And please grow a pair, Travis. I don't want or expect him to be tough like the experienced CDB, but there's something about his relationship with Madison which kind of emasculates him in my eyes. I'd realllly like Nick to change his clothes. LOL

I know! I hate it when they take a name that is popular now and put it on a character that would never have been named that in the early 70's. Her name should have been Debbie or Lisa. Not Madison.

Anybody remember the seen from Splash when Daryl Hannah and Tom Hanks are trying to figure out a name for her in human talk not fish speak and she points to the street sign for Madison Avenue. Tom Hanks says (something like )"You want to be called Madison? That's not a name"

That film was released in 1984.

I rest my case.

• Love 4

I know! I hate it when they take a name that is popular now and put it on a character that would never have been named that in the early 70's. Her name should have been Debbie or Lisa. Not Madison.

Anybody remember the seen from Splash when Daryl Hannah and Tom Hanks are trying to figure out a name for her in human talk not fish speak and she points to the street sign for Madison Avenue. Tom Hanks says (something like )"You want to be called Madison? That's not a name"

That film was released in 1984.

I rest my case.

Amen! Splash was the first thing that came to my mind too. I know LA is a hot spot for creative naming trends, but come on! Based off of popular baby name lists going back decades, Madison didn't appear at all until after Splash was released. With all the Gen Xers and Boomers working on the show, I'm surprised no one caught it, or thought anyone would notice.

How about this ? lets retcon it -- she hated her parents and her former life so much that she changed her named in adulthood.  It fits with the hints about abuse and addiction running in the family and everything ...

In E3 have a horde of walkers kill:

Madison

Travis

Ofelia

Chris

If the remainder of the cast can't make use of a larger amount of face time to become more interesting characters, then in E5 have a horde of walkers kill:

Alicia

If the showrunners can't figure out how to make the show interesting with the three remaining cast members (Strand, Nick, Daniel), then in E6 have a horde of walkers kill:

Showrunner Dave Erickson

Edited by SnarkyTart
  • Love 1