Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

With all the ridiculous crap going on on this show in the past week, I've actually found myself feeling nostalgic for Guza, which makes me feel like I should go to a neurologist and have my brain checked for a tumor.

• Love 5

I still think Ava's dumbest move was not using an alias.  "My last name is Jerome, but I'm not one of thooose Jeromes!", indeed.

The only thing that I think might top even that would be her having kept Kiki as her daughter. Ava should have realized that spawn of hers was a lost cause by the age of three and left her on the front steps of a church and hightailed it out of there.

• Love 4

With all the ridiculous crap going on on this show in the past week, I've actually found myself feeling nostalgic for Guza, which makes me feel like I should go to a neurologist and have my brain checked for a tumor.

I think the real question is, have we reached McTavish levels yet? If you start to get nostalgic for her, that's when you should go check for a tumor.*

*(Exception made for people who enjoyed Gia/Nikolas, probably one of the few bright spots from that era)

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2

I saw this on another board and went back and checked myself...

When Carly first showed up on the dock yesterday, she says that MONICA called her and told her about the explosion. 

Say whaaat?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1

I saw this on another board and went back and checked myself...

When Carly first showed up on the dock yesterday, she says that MONICA called her and told her about the explosion. 

Say whaaat?

Yeah I was wondering about that myself. 

I love how they can't be bothered to write for some characters but will use their names all the time. 

It's just vile.  Monica's not allowed on-screen for a charity event related to her son, but can off-screen call the woman who covered for his murderer?

I mean, if they needed to exposit how Carly wound up on the docks, say it was Bobbie who called her, or Lucas, or Lulu.  Anyone but Monica.

• Love 8

It's just vile.  Monica's not allowed on-screen for a charity event related to her son, but can off-screen call the woman who covered for his murderer?

I mean, if they needed to exposit how Carly wound up on the docks, say it was Bobbie who called her, or Lucas, or Lulu.  Anyone but Monica.

Exactly! When she said Monica told her I was like, "Monica? Why not the people who were actually there and who actually like her telling her about it?" Stupid show. 

I think they like poking the angry bear IMO.  That type of thing seems to me to be done purely to get fans pissed because Monica not being there is way too glaring.

• Love 2

I think they like poking the angry bear IMO.  That type of thing seems to me to be done purely to get fans pissed because Monica not being there is way too glaring.

I don't know if I believe the Monica thing is intentional so much as their being careless and not giving a shit about anything A.J., but they absolutely do enjoy fucking with the Internet forums they frequent (which used to include our old home). They have devoted scenes to it in the past on this show and [Past Soap Opera TBA].

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 1

I loved that Tracy was quick to correct Michael that while he recently got his little bubble popped about "Daddy Dearest" being a stand up guy, Sonny has been the same piece of scum that he's always been and that Michael suddenly realized just how scummy doesn't negate the truth anyone with half a brain has known since he first came slithering into town.

The show just reeks of hopelessness at this point to me.

The characters seem hopeless, the story-lines and plots seem hopeless, and the writing and directing both continue to be so hopeless I'm nearly rendered speechless by all the train wrecks that occur every single episode.

Every time I see or hear Kiki my skin crawls. She cannot disappear soon enough.

I actually thought that Dominic and Maurice had a moment there together for a second.

If Maurice wasn't playing Sonny, the shittiest character alive in the PC universe, I think they might actually do well playing father and son and having a truly close and personal relationship.

That "Ivy" chick is...why is she here? Why does she exist? Why didn't she die? I want her to die. I really, truly need her dead. I haven't hated a newbie this much in quite a while, at least since Levi. 

• Love 5

I'd trade Levi for Ivy in a moment. Ivy is loud, screechy beige. She's uggs in a long line at Starbucks, screaming for non fat soy no sugar low fat skinny vanilla latte while I'm like shut up. A piece of my soul dies when I see women like Ivy. And now she's proved she's worse than the time she took two parking spaces at Target. Bitch.

At least Micheal looks mad in the previews, so there's that. Sigh. On with geriatric Fight Club. Or the Fluke Story.

• Love 3

I'd trade Levi for Ivy in a moment. Ivy is loud, screechy beige. She's uggs in a long line at Starbucks, screaming for non fat soy no sugar low fat skinny vanilla latte while I'm like shut up. A piece of my soul dies when I see women like Ivy. And now she's proved she's worse than the time she took two parking spaces at Target. Bitch.

More than that, did they have to name her Ivy? Like it's not bad enough they've fucked up the name Lauren for me until the end of time, now they gotta wreck this name too?

• Love 2

For the love of mercy quit bring up Levi's name. I mean yah we have Ivy but we could have them BOTH if you aren't careful b/c you know the old GH motto: Dead isn't really dead. EVER!

Maybe Ivy is Levi in a mask...I'm onto you Ron!

• Love 8

For the love of mercy quit bring up Levi's name. I mean yah we have Ivy but we could have them BOTH if you aren't careful b/c you know the old GH motto: Dead isn't really dead. EVER!

For serious, Ron would probably try and make them a supercouple.

• Love 2

Damn it Dante just because you're a giant ***** when it comes to forgiving Sonny doesn't mean you should encourage it in others! At least he didn't call him dad in those good bye scenes. blerg.

Geez, Tracy, how about a "how are you after being almost blown up?" when Dante comes into the room. I blame Scott Sickles.

Besides when Dante came in I didn't watch any of those Sonny/Morgan/Carly scenes. Spare me!

Geez Nik, way to act SO put out when Lulu gets mad at you even though you didn't know there was a bomb. Even though she was way over the top when she said he was as unrecognizable as Fluke. Again, I blame the "subtlety" of Scott Sickles.

Obrecht: Perhaps you should try a safer career, like modeling.

Jesus, poor Nathan. Why don't they just throw a bucket of gravy over him and call it a day.

Well, if Sonny owes his freedom to someone at least it's a major ***** who can't act.

I cannot stand Carly as materfamilias. Simpering to Dante about how his father was worried about him, talking about baby Avery. Yeah, don't worry Carly, Brenda will come calling soon enough eventually.

KA really is a crappy actress. Her phone call to Michael was dreadful. She looks mildly concerned that her mother is dead. 

Oh yeah, I forgot about that one. *****, he hasn't spoken to you in weeks! Maybe you should find someone else to tell stuff to.

• Love 4

Good on Lulu for tearing into Nikolas.  He more than deserved that.  Those scenes of Ivy yelling at him, though, what a waste of time.  Show, we don't care about her, we never cared about her non-relationship with Nikolas, just make her go away!

So Sloane is now completely in the League of Doom?  The fuck?

"Too busy nursing his grudge."?  Shut up, Morgan.

• Love 8

That goat-looking motherfucker can barely read and still has one live biological dad! This is why I've been done with Morgan.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 10

That goat-looking motherfucker can barely read and still has one live biological dad! This is why I've been done with Morgan.

And it was more than a little rich considering Morgan's own past grudges against Sonny, and what Sonny did to Michael was like six zillion times worse.

Also, you gotta love (and by love, I mean hate) how fired up Kiki is about Sonny being a murderer now that it's her parent that's dead and not Michael's.  He dumped you, bitch, for cause.  You don't get to cry to him for emotional support.  Isn't that why you kept his brother in your back pocket?

• Love 10

Hee, but also, I want you to remember you said that when Michael's back with his Betty Boop lips firmly attached to Sonny's murderous ass.

• Love 4

Please, show, just stop with the Sonny crap. 

This show has never stopped with the Sonny crap unfortunately, we never get a real break from him. He remains the "lead" with all else revolving around him. 

I'm tired of it. I'm just so very tired of it.

He killed AJ and got a couple of months locked away in the most criminally run prison imaginable. He got his ass kicked a few times and that's about it. Not only is he getting a pardon for cold blooded murder but he's being hailed as a hero by the whole goddamn town, I just...

And yet they still make time to insult and demean A.J. for being "fat" and a "drunk". 

• Love 10

This show has never stopped with the Sonny crap unfortunately, we never get a real break from him. He remains the "lead" with all else revolving around him. 

I'm tired of it. I'm just so very tired of it.

He killed AJ and got a couple of months locked away in the most criminally run prison imaginable. He got his ass kicked a few times and that's about it. Not only is he getting a pardon for cold blooded murder but he's being hailed as a hero by the whole goddamn town, I just...

And yet they still make time to insult and demean A.J. for being "fat" and a "drunk".

But he saved everybody on that boat!

Oh no, I just had a flashback to It's A Wonderful Life.  "Harry Bailey went to war! He saved the life of every man on that transport!"

Edited by sometimesfan
  • Love 1
Oh yeah, I forgot about that one. *****, he hasn't spoken to you in weeks! Maybe you should find someone else to tell stuff to

I imagine she tried to do that with Avery and that giant baby slammed her face first down onto a table and she just hasn't worked up the courage to try again yet.

I usually never FF, but I think today may change that.  I seriously don't think I can stomach it.

It's not that bad - but it's not worth sitting through, definitely not. Especially since it's near the end of the episode and just leads up to the governor declaring Sonny the toast of Albany.

I'm still interested in seeing if there's going to be anything interesting for Morgan when he's not around Sonny. But given they recast Kikizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Love 1

The show just reeks of hopelessness at this point to me.

The characters seem hopeless, the story-lines and plots seem hopeless, and the writing and directing both continue to be so hopeless I'm nearly rendered speechless by all the train wrecks that occur every single episode.

Every time I see or hear Kiki my skin crawls. She cannot disappear soon enough.

First off, yes - Kiki makes me want to hurt people. Her, specifically. 

Now for the hopeless part. Maybe the last 15 years of soaps have given me a brain tumor or lowered my standards but of the remaining four soaps on the air I'd rank GH as #2. Yes, it wears its budget cuts on its tattered sleeves but at least people still have homes, unlike Days where everything including sex and murders takes place in the park. Yes, the quality of storylines is highly variable but there is something worse than Fluke, it's called Ian Ward on Y&R.

GH is not perfect, far from it. Nearly all the stories rely on star power / acting prowess to make them work. When TG decides to turn in his monthly acting performance, the Fluke storyline has the occasional entertaining scene, for instance. But, truth be told, even if TG was bringing it like it was 1996 not much could make that story work. What I like about the Cartini version of GH is that the stories, except Fluke, move forward and there are multiple, independent stories. I can enjoy parts of episodes which is more than I can say about Days/Y&R.

What is tough, and I think this is true for all soaps, is that the characters on screen are saddled with the sins of too many writing regimes. When Alexis strolled into the prison to visit Nina and acted all too good for the whole thing I thought, "Sweetie, I see you. You're the same person who faked DID to get away with murder so tone down the judgement." But the scene needed Alexis to act like she's never defended a mobster before or committed murder, etc. The Cartini pacing just adds more sins to each character's roster.

Not that any of that helps if this is your favorite soap and you aren't enjoying it. I sympathize. I quit this show twice. I think I can enjoy it now because I care 99% less.

• Love 1

Good on Lulu for tearing into Nikolas.  He more than deserved that.  Those scenes of Ivy yelling at him, though, what a waste of time.  Show, we don't care about her, we never cared about her non-relationship with Nikolas, just make her go away!

So Sloane is now completely in the League of Doom?  The fuck?

When Morgan was being all pissy I was hoping he was about to yell, "Hey, I'm your biological son and I'm HERE. Can you worry about me a little?" Alas, no. He was too busy spreading the news that Sonny has risen.

• Love 7

Hee, but also, I want you to remember you said that when Michael's back with his Betty Boop lips firmly attached to Sonny's murderous ass.

Oh, I'll remember. This has nothing to do with what kind of pretzels the writers put Michael through. Seasons change and time passes but Morgan remains an idiot. I like the character a lot sometimes but this has been his angle since the day the truth about A.J. came out - 'jeez, get over it, bro!' Fuck off, Morgan, you wanted everyone to bleed for you when your college girlfriend didn't want to stay guilt-married to you at 21.

No no no. If I'm not woman enough to say them you shouldn't take the fall. 

Oh, I just meant I'll say them some other time for no good reason. Like right now. Morgan is a pussy!

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 4

May I have the appointment after yours?  I seem to have developed the same nostalgia for Guza - especially for his sweeps stories?   

• Love 1

Not that any of that helps if this is your favorite soap and you aren't enjoying it. I sympathize. I quit this show twice. I think I can enjoy it now because I care 99% less.

No, I feel the same way. But they've definitely made some stuff worse when they didn't have to. Now I don't know if you figured out/looked up the history of say, Dante and Olivia? To make it as short as possible, Dante was an undercover cop, Olivia is his mom, she knew, but she didn't want dante to know Sonny was his dad and Sonny ended up shooting Dante. Dante lied and said he shot himself but they had an ambivalent relationship. Cut to the day Ron Carlivati came aboard, Sonny took a bullet (a mere scratch on the arm I might add) for Dante and Dante was all good and called him "dad". Last year Sonny and Olivia were sleeping together and Olivia cheated on her, and Olivia and Dante are still perfectly a-okay with him, and Ron made it worse. 

So they did inherit a lot of the sins of Guza's regime. But they've also gotten rid of a lot of the nuances. (Because they fired a lot of the scriptwriters that gave Guza's writing the nuances). But like you, I am also way less invested, so. Just some days like today annoy me more than others.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4

Now for the hopeless part. Maybe the last 15 years of soaps have given me a brain tumor or lowered my standards but of the remaining four soaps on the air I'd rank GH as #2. Yes, it wears its budget cuts on its tattered sleeves but at least people still have homes, unlike Days where everything including sex and murders takes place in the park. Yes, the quality of storylines is highly variable but there is something worse than Fluke, it's called Ian Ward on Y&R.

Oh, it's easily the soap I enjoy the most today, but at least 75-90% of that is now for all the wrong reasons - sheer comedy and ludicrous madness. It wasn't always this way under Ron and Frank, but I think their foolish choices in 2013 after their massive stroke-out when [Previous Soap Opera] returned - without them! - have crippled the show utterly. Barring some lousy characters or stories, I think it was going pretty well up til then. Since then it's been all their worst impulses and laziness, unbound, because so much of the show was then skewed to service their worst ideas and it got in the way of actually making General Hospital as opposed to making something about them and their perpetual vanity proving ground.

I think they fundamentally altered the show and broke the back of the Guza GH in a way no one else would, and I will alwas be grateful for that. I usually find something I can enjoy every day, every week, every month - I think there are pieces of good stories, skeletons of good ideas, and often they hit on something unique and heartfelt or fun which no one else would do (like Bobbie and the Spencers paying tribute to Ruby). They have their hearts in the right place. The problem is that now more than ever, their heads are up their asses. GH could be so good under them but they are deeply, pridefully, almost bitterly invested in making it a very specific kind of personal bad. That's what frustrates me. Because I can see where the good is and it's buried under shit and stuff that is just embarrassing (but fun).

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 10

Dante telling Michael he needs to thank Sonny for saving him.  Fine, Michael, don't go see him, send him an Edible Arrangement.  Just don't include any of the chocolate dipped stuff.  Chocolate is for people who didn't kill your father. 

• Love 15

The second the show started, I was already pissed all over again about Sonny being alive, and even more about him being a hero.  And it spiraled from there.  Every single scene sent me in to a tirade; it took me hours to get through the episode because I kept having to pause to get my blood pressure down.  Possible exceptions: Dr. O suggesting that Nathan become a farmer, and Lulu going off on Nik. 

Is that the same Ivy?  Really, I have no idea.  And I don't understand this commissioner fellow- he's like the cartoon villain version of himself. 

I wish I had the words to adequately express my anger at this show right now, I really do. Fuck this whole show.  Is there anyone out there who is enjoying this dreck?

• Love 6