Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

26 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Poor Kevin, having to deal with Lulu's refusal to listen to sense and reason.

Kevin was being so much gentler and nicer to Lulu than I would have been and did keep looking at Laura for permission to talk to her daughter that way. And this is the thanks he get. How is it that Dante and Kevin are the only two in this situation even trying to put Charlotte first?

• Love 6

I don't understand this Alexis/Liz story.  Who goes to the police with a half baked theory and they take it seriously?  Liz: "I saw Alexis come out of a room at GH.  therefore, Tom attacked her, she defended herself and killed him, Franco found out, Julian found out that Franco knows and made Franco disapear to protect Alexis".  

Why didn't either Dante or Nathan go:  "Or, she was just coming out of a room at GH"

Instead Dante's all, "Let me go talk to Alexis".  How is that going to go?  

Dante: "Liz saw you come out of a room at GH ergo you killed Tom Baker".  

Alexis: "Yep, that's exactly how it happened".  

What?

I hate Sonny with the heat of a thousand suns, and most of the time I'm not a fan of MBs either, but there was one moment today when he made me laugh.  Nelle says something like, "Carly wants me to take Morgan's mail but do you want me to tell her that you wouldn't let me take it (paraphrased).  And Sonny's line is something like, "I think you should do what Carly wants", but MB used a tone that made it seem like Sonny's skeered of Carly and wouldn't want to cross her.  Twas funny to me at the time, though written out, not so much!!

• Love 5

Watching Alexis sit around the house mooning over booze while Sam is out investigating is just as infuriating as watching Liz take a backseat to Franco in the rape revisit story. Just NO. Alexis is not on house arrest, so why is she basically chained to her front door?  Maybe how Alexis gets herself back into a better frame of mind, and staying sober, is by firmly hunting down what happened to her the night she struggled with Tom in the alley. Not dithering over it and watching Sam come and go.   Sam is a supporting player, supporting Alexis, not the other way around. I mean, the only reason Liz is now getting more to do in her own story is because Franco can't do it. That's bullshit.  Kristina and Molly STILL haven't been told by Alexis. That's bullshit. And Jason? He can fuck right off and out of BOTH stories. Shouldn't his ass be packing for their move to a safer town? Wasn't that a super serious conversation he and Sam had? GET ON IT THEN. That's the Jason/Sam story. Happy, perfect smug family who never does anything wrong buys a home somewhere else.

But I did have a good laugh at Sonny attempting to mansplain anger to a woman. I mean REALLY.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Perkie said:

I don't understand this Alexis/Liz story.  Who goes to the police with a half baked theory and they take it seriously?

Seriously.  And why would they not question Liz's motivation to provide this alternate theory given her involvement with Franco?

• Love 6

Enough with Morgan, already.

And if Lulu wants to get custody of Charlotte, she is going to show the court that she is willing to work in the best interests of the child.  She is incapable of putting  the kid's needs ahead of her own.  The court is not going to give Lulu any kind of custody if she keeps doing what she's doing.

• Love 8
27 minutes ago, Perkie said:

I thought that's why we were having the scenes.  They had to put the Ava stuff on hold while they did the Nelle stuff, so now they're bringing it back up.  

I had to laugh at the giant stack of mail that Morgan's gotten in the past couple of months.  

Today was the day that I really  believe my theory that this Lulu/Charlotte story is being written for ER's maternity leave exit.  The first time that I truly thought Lulu is becoming a complete wackadoo and will need to be carted off to Ferncliff for a couple of months.  Her reaction to Kevin's very logical suggestions was just scary.  

At first, I wasn't sure about your theory about Lulu, but now I think you just might be on to something.  Lulu is showing herself to be a few bricks short of a load.  Once I got over Kevin and Laura being wasted to prop her today, I marvelled at how out of touch with reality that she is in this situation. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Seriously.  And why would they not question Liz's motivation to provide this alternate theory given her involvement with Franco?

The Port Charles PD in not exactly the smartest in the country.

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

If only they'd do what OLTL did for Bree Williamson's: They sent Jessica upstairs for a nap, and she didn't come down for three months.

I know it's way early - but can the writers just send her upstairs now to give us all a break from this painful story. 

• Love 3

And then Julian gets implicated, too.

Why can't Sonny just tell Carly that he's uncomfortable with Nelle going through Morgan's mail because it's so personal? And that maybe she's okay with it, but he isn't? Why would Carly really care? Have Michael go through everything. It's not as if Nelle is the only person who can read.

I'm glad Diane wasn't there to see Alexis pour out that bottle of very good wine.

Ugh, Nurse Amy 2.0 is back tomorrow. No, thanks.

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, Aurora2 said:

At first, I wasn't sure about your theory about Lulu, but now I think you just might be on to something.  Lulu is showing herself to be a few bricks short of a load.  Once I got over Kevin and Laura being wasted to prop her today, I marvelled at how out of touch with reality that she is in this situation. 

Did I miss a scene at the end or did Kevin/Laura just have a really abrupt ending to their scene after Lulu got all huffy and stormed off? Kevin apologized for talking out of turn if this wasn't his place, Laura said they needed to hear it but wondered how Kevin could be so impartial / objective about the man that shot him (That's his JOB, Laura, to be objective and impartial), Kevin was all "trust me, I haven't forgotten" and that was it for them for the day?

And why would they not question Liz's motivation to provide this alternate theory given her involvement with Franco?

Well Nathan did say, "dude's done a boatload of crap, what makes you think he didn't do this".  But then she was all, "he's changed, blah, blah, blah" and he just nodded and was "ok, good splainin'".  Of course she forgot to mention the part where he drugged Tom, shoved him in a cage and shocked him.  

• Love 7

Lulu is showing herself to be a few bricks short of a load. 

Today was the first day that I believed ER's acting.  She's not Lulu, but whoever she is, ER is doing a bang up job of showing someone losing their shit.  Her eyes bugged out at Kevin's suggestion of family therapy with Valentin and she sarcastically said something like, "Oh yeah, I'm going to sit in a room with a murderer"... and I was like bitch be crazy, amirite.  

• Love 2

I don't understand, with all the "our poor baby" weepy Corinthii scenes that have happened and will continue to happen, why some basic moments aren't happening. Carly sees a letter for Morgan. Sonny reveals that he's kept all Morgan's mail in a cabinet. Carly gasps in astonishment.

And that's it? No flash of anger? No fury at him keeping this from her? That felt so strange, like a much needed beat was missing. I just don't buy that someone as thin-skinned as Carly wouldn't be terribly hurt and feel betrayed by this decision Sonny made all by himself. That she wouldn't cry and yell and that his equally thin-skinned self wouldn't get immediately defensive and yell back.  Carly could have rattled on about Sonny having no right to keep something like this from her, even if he thought it was sheltering her and Sonny could have flashbacked to him and Nelle.  Extremely poor execution, especially since Carly just sends Nelle to get the mail. She doesn't call Sonny and give him a heads up, again, something I don't buy.

Just extremely poor execution.

• Love 1

Why would Carly really care? Have Michael go through everything. It's not as if Nelle is the only person who can read.

MIchael offered to do it, but Carly felt it would be as painful for him as for her and Nelle has no personal attachment.  

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

and that was it for them for the day?

I'm sorry, did you not get the memo that if you're not Sonny, Franco, or Sam you are not allowed scenes longer than 2.36 minutes?

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Perkie said:

I'm sorry, did you not get the memo that if you're not Sonny, Franco, or Sam you are not allowed scenes longer than 2.36 minutes?

Ha, true. It just was a very abrupt and jarring ending.

Of course Liez sells out Alexis so she can save her rapist serial killer boyfriend. Asshole.

Of course Dante and Tree take the low rent Nancy Drew and her half baked theory seriously. Freako doesn't have a history of committing murder and Liez doesn't have her own reasons for wanting anyone but Freako to be guilty. Nope. 

Of course Sam is the one to find Freako's note and will be the one to save him. I'm vomiting. 

All Kiki and Dillon do is go around and around in circles. I'm sure next week there will be another obstacle keeping them apart. Whatever. 

I wanted Kevin to leave the room and then sneak up on Lulu and inject her with multiple horse tranquilizers. I don't think Dante or Laura would be upset. 

Why won't mobster Sonny just have Nelly killed? Do your damn job.

• Love 13

What is this crap about Morgan being Kiki's first love? That was Michael. If she loved Morgan so much she would not have started having feelings for his brother as soon as she met him. And the speech to Carly was totally unnecessary. Carly should have just told her to save her breath. At least Sam was like "okay kids, the grown-ups are handling it" to Kiki.

And also, *Kiki* has to remind Dillon that Liz and Sam have history? Nope.

"It's not like you have a favorite." Aaaand that means Carly has a favorite son.

No one can convince me Morgan buying festival tickets wasn't a "Bryan's search for Coachella tickets" shout-out.

If Sonny doesn't want Nelle thinking there's something inappropriate going on maybe he should back up about 5 feet from her face. I liked her blue scarf/coat ensemble though. Lulu's hair was also really good. And I like Dante's beard but if it has to be sacrificed to get rid of Nathan's devil goatee I'm all for it.

Jeez Liz, maybe Alexis' murderer boyfriend is just as innocent as your murderer boyfriend. Also, everytime Liz says Franco's changed I just picture Lucky crying outside a window.

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Today was the first day that I believed ER's acting.  She's not Lulu, but whoever she is, ER is doing a bang up job of showing someone losing their shit.  Her eyes bugged out at Kevin's suggestion of family therapy with Valentin and she sarcastically said something like, "Oh yeah, I'm going to sit in a room with a murderer"... and I was like bitch be crazy, amirite.  

Hmm - interesting observation.  So now we wait to see if the writing continues to hold up this "losing her shit" direction - or if another direction is being taken.  IF Lulu does continue to lose it, then, definitely, well done by ER.  However, if this direction is not pursued, then maybe we have an "OOPS!" moment for her  instead.   This is OK - something to pique my interest in watching. 

45 minutes ago, CookieBud said:

Enough with Morgan, already.

I know. I'm starting to wish he were around because this canonization is almost as annoying as he was when he was around.

• Love 7
23 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Did I miss a scene at the end or did Kevin/Laura just have a really abrupt ending to their scene after Lulu got all huffy and stormed off? Kevin apologized for talking out of turn if this wasn't his place, Laura said they needed to hear it but wondered how Kevin could be so impartial / objective about the man that shot him (That's his JOB, Laura, to be objective and impartial), Kevin was all "trust me, I haven't forgotten" and that was it for them for the day?

Yup!  Just passing through to prop Laura's perennially annoying daughter. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Linny said:

Dillon's hair reminds me of the episode of Seinfeld where they have the low flow shower head. It looks so bad.

Yes! Perfect description. I knew something was off about it but couldn't put my finger on it. I could only describe it as "helmet head." In any case, his hair looks like a Lego figurine's now.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, ulkis said:

And the speech to Carly was totally unnecessary. Carly should have just told her to save her breath. At least Sam was like "okay kids, the grown-ups are handling it" to Kiki.

I wanted Carly to kick her in the throat. Why are adults allowing this girl to talk to them like she's relevant?

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Aurora2 said:

Yup!  Just passing through to prop Laura's perennially annoying daughter. 

And he got yelled at for his troubles. I appreciated that Laura attempted to make Lulu behave and respect her boyfriend, but obviously it didn't work. Hopefully Laura chews her out when Lulu calls her later for being rude to Kevin when Kevin ASKED Lulu if he could speak up and she said yes.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, LeftPhalange said:

I wanted Carly to kick her in the throat. Why are adults allowing this girl to talk to them like she's relevant?

Because Uncle Frank chose her and loves her. 

1 minute ago, LexieLily said:

And he got yelled at for his troubles. I appreciated that Laura attempted to make Lulu behave and respect her boyfriend, but obviously it didn't work. Hopefully Laura chews her out when Lulu calls her later for being rude to Kevin when Kevin ASKED Lulu if he could speak up and she said yes.

Lulu has become a charter member in The Unlikeables. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Hopefully Laura chews her out when Lulu calls her later for being rude to Kevin when Kevin ASKED Lulu if he could speak up and she said yes.

Lulu didn't hear what she wanted. She was shirty with Laura when Laura first brought up the possibility of shared custody. 

• Love 5
31 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Of course she forgot to mention the part where he drugged Tom, shoved him in a cage and shocked him.  

Which made her "We must tell the proper authorities all we've learned!" to Sam was such bullshit.  She certainly left out the stuff that didn't help her sweetie, blech.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Lulu didn't hear what she wanted. She was shirty with Laura when Laura first brought up the possibility of shared custody. 

Lulu, everyone around you is telling you to take the shared custody hit for now, get to KNOW Charlotte and bond with her, and then maybe revisit the situation in a few months when Charlotte isn't scared of you. Your husband, your mother, your mother's boyfriend - who is a psychiatrist and perhaps the one with the best advice/reasoning in this whole scenario. LISTEN to them.

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, ulkis said:

What is this crap about Morgan being Kiki's first love? That was Michael.

Apparently, we're supposed to forget THE CALENDAR YEAR Kiki and Michael were together.  Okay then, show.

• Love 3
Just now, TeeVee329 said:

Apparently, we're supposed to forget THE CALENDAR YEAR Kiki and Michael were together.  Okay then, show.

And before that, how Kiki said "how can I be happy without you?" two seconds after she met the guy.

I actually don't think we're supposed to forget, I just think the show wants us to think that Morgan was her first love and Michael was her second. Which, come on, sorry, but each time Kiki was with Morgan her thoughts started wandering a week later.  (Except for when Morgan cheated with Denise/Ava first, and they were also only together for two seconds then.) Morgan wasn't any kind of love for her, except perhaps the friendship kind.

Just now, Lillybee said:

Did Carly really claim that the Metrocourt restaurant has 4 Michelin stars or did I mishear her? Doesn't she know that the highest rating is  stars?

No, she said 5 star restaurant.

• Love 2

But none of those places are as classy as the MetroCourt. It's expected you'll take a bullet at Jake's or Gene's Branford Roadhouse (est. 1975). But you get shot at the MC, and it's an elegant experience.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 12
4 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

But what about at the docks? You can have the added bonus of being locked in a shed or kicked in the harbor! (Probably not classy, either)

Or have your husband hold a knife to your throat.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Linny said:

Dillon's hair reminds me of the episode of Seinfeld where they have the low flow shower head. It looks so bad.

LMAO! That's exactly it.

1 hour ago, ulkis said:

And also, *Kiki* has to remind Dillon that Liz and Sam have history? Nope.

That nearly sent me over the edge.

Liz is heinous. I am 100% done with her.

ER's eyebrows look horrible and I found it super distracting during those scenes.

• Love 2

But you get shot at the MC, and it's an elegant experience.

It's also where cakes go to die, first Sonny's bday cake was stabbed to death by Kannie, then Naxie's cake gets squashed by Lulu.  I also like how there's no sign or mention that Lulu came through the ceiling vent "yesterday".  

Gene's Branford Roadhouse (est. 1975)

This never stops being funny.  But I have to ask, what is a Branford?  It's not "Gene Branford's" Roadhouse, meaning it belongs to Gene Branford, but rather "Gene's Branford Roadhouse" as in, they type of roadhouse.  So what is a branford?  

kicked in the harbor!

Jason getting shot and kicked in the harbor.....BEST DAY EVER!!  Then Ron had to mess it up by bringing him back.  Stupid Ron.  

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Perkie said:

This never stops being funny.  But I have to ask, what is a Branford?  It's not "Gene Branford's" Roadhouse, meaning it belongs to Gene Branford, but rather "Gene's Branford Roadhouse" as in, they type of roadhouse.  So what is a branford?  

Probably a grammatical error. 

• Love 3

But none of those places are as classy as the MetroCourt. It's expected you'll take a bullet at Jake's or Gene's Branford Roadhouse (est. 1975). But you get shot at the MC, and it's an elegant experience.

And if you're injured too badly, there's always room for you at The Facility That Jax Found.  

• Love 3