Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Wait, what the what now?  Its not Michael's place to punish Sonny?  Says CARLY?  Are you f'g kidding me?  The same woman who wanted Sonny to kill Franco and Ava and who knows what else over the last 20 years is NOW saying its not someone else's place to punish a person who done them wrong?

Oh the hypocrisy.  

• Love 15

Wait, what the what now?  Its not Michael's place to punish Sonny?  Says CARLY?  Are you f'g kidding me?  The same woman who wanted Sonny to kill Franco and Ava and who knows what else over the last 20 years is NOW saying its not someone else's place to punish a person who done them wrong?

Oh the hypocrisy.  

It's not anyone's place to punish St. Sonny, according to Snarly. 

On a side note, everytime someone brings Ava up, all I can think of is the time Sonny was talking to Snarly on the phone, trying to convince her why he has to kill Ava (I think she made some weak protest about killing mothers or something)...and she very calmly agrees.  That was chilling.  Like she was agreeing to have meatloaf for dinner or something.

• Love 8

don't you recall the notes in grade school:  "Pick Yes if you like me", "Janie Sue wants to know if you like her", and yeah, asking if the person wants to be your girlfriend/boyfriend?  And I'm old so I am talking 1960s here!!  Lol I once got in trouble for hiding a note a little boy gave me in kindergarten that said, "I luv you do you luv me?

Ummmmm, maybe I just wasn't the popular kid in school (okay I wasn't lol!) but I was in grade school in the '60s and don't remember ANY of this lol!

Considering the kind of lyrics and videos these days (and girls pregnant at 12), I am thinking there's a lot worse out in the real world now... *said in her creakiest, oldladyest voice*

I'm 40 and girls were getting pregnant at 12 in 1986. That isn't exactly a new-in-2015 thing. 

I really fear that this is where Ron is going to go. Shudders

And OMG, I hope not. 

• Love 1

Ummmmm, maybe I just wasn't the popular kid in school (okay I wasn't lol!) but I was in grade school in the '60s and don't remember ANY of this lol!

I grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area, maybe that's the difference.  Not saying it was a good difference, mind you...

I'm 40 and girls were getting pregnant at 12 in 1986. That isn't exactly a new-in-2015 thing. 

I do recall that, yeah, but lived in Memphis at that time.  I was kind of hoping it wasn't a widespread thing.

The background noise that the show assumes is "music" needs to go. It's too loud, irritating in the extreme, and distracts or covers up the actors' lines. Whiny and saccharine at Valentine's festivities, nerve-rattling when it is supposed to contribute suspense and drama, the background music competes directly with the action onstage. .It's a dissonant buzz and confusing swell that serves no clear purpose.

At first we heard it at places like the Metrocourt dining room or in the local coffee shops, which offered a logical venue for background music. Today it was inescapable, whether in the jail cells, in Windemere's living room, or in the halls and offices of General Hospital..

• Love 1

The background noise that the show assumes is "music" needs to go. It's too loud, irritating in the extreme, and distracts or covers up the actors' lines. Whiny and saccharine at Valentine's festivities, nerve-rattling when it is supposed to contribute suspense and drama, the background music competes directly with the action onstage. .It's a dissonant buzz and confusing swell that serves no clear purpose.

At first we heard it at places like the Metrocourt dining room or in the local coffee shops, which offered a logical venue for background music. Today it was inescapable, whether in the jail cells, in Windemere's living room, or in the halls and offices of General Hospital..

Glad someone brought this up.  I, too, have noticed that the music seems to be everywhere, and a bit too loud.

• Love 1

Playing Devil's advocate here, because I agree with you that it's not funny....but don't you recall the notes in grade school: "Pick Yes if you like me", "Janie Sue wants to know if you like her", and yeah, asking if the person wants to be your girlfriend/boyfriend? And I'm old so I am talking 1960s here!! Lol I once got in trouble for hiding a note a little boy gave me in kindergarten that said, "I luv you do you luv me?" Considering the kind of lyrics and videos these days (and girls pregnant at 12), I am thinking there's a lot worse out in the real world now... *said in her creakiest, oldladyest voice*

Haha, I totally get that, but I think this is different. Ron is actually writing this like these kids are seriously in love and that's what rubs me the wrong way. Like Spencer literally saying Emma is the love of his life. Kids don't talk like that. Or at least they didn't when I was younger.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 5

I dunno, I think really melodramatic, precocious kids say that kind of stuff sometimes. Spencer is all of the above. What I have a problem with is all four of them taking it so seriously. At least one or two of them is gonna be over it and be like, 'whatever, I have to go cuss out college students in GTA Online now.'

I dunno, I think really melodramatic, precocious kids say that kind of stuff sometimes. Spencer is all of the above. What I have a problem with is all four of them taking it so seriously. At least one or two of them is gonna be over it and be like, 'whatever, I have to go cuss out college students in GTA Online now.'

Haaaa. I just can't stand any of the children. I don't like them more than I don't like Patrick. So you can imagine.

• Love 1

Haha, I totally get that, but I think this is different. Ron is actually writing this like these kids are seriously in love and that's what rubs me the wrong way. Like Spencer literally saying Emma is the love of his life. Kids don't talk like that. Or at least they didn't when I was younger.

I have to wait until 8 pm EST to see it on Hulu, dammit, so haven't watched it yet..."Love of his life"?  No, it never went that far when I was a kid!  Now that you put it that way, I agree with you. 

What on earth is this Ron person's problem?  I know nothing about him.  He wrote for OLTL too, didn't he?  Did he write that whole Nicky/Vicky thing?   What other soaps has he written for?

Ahh Ron just blocked me on twitter, I feel like a member of a very special club

What did you say to him?

I forgot to quote the line of the day:

Lulu: "Why did my father do this?!"

Helena: "Maybe he got sick of you." Burn.

That was an awesome burn.

Why can't Carly stop doing things that make me want to stab her in the eye with a spork?

• Love 3

I have to wait until 8 pm EST to see it on Hulu, dammit, so haven't watched it yet..."Love of his life"?  No, it never went that far when I was a kid!  Now that you put it that way, I agree with you. 

What on earth is this Ron person's problem? 

. . . . . . . .  how long have you got? I would check out the "P.C. in the Press" thread for just the tip of the iceberg. :)

• Love 3

IA my neice is four and although she has a boyfriend at school.She really doesn't know what it means.I mean they hardly talk about stuff like being the love of there life ect.

The thing about the little kids is that when they first played them as a triangle, I thought it was a cute little diversion that we weren't supposed to take seriously.  I recall remarking at the time that it was infinitely more interesting than the Molly/TJ/Rafe/Taylor quad.  

But now, it's overplayed AND Ron wants us to take it seriously AND they're pretty much repeating the exact same story they gave that Molly/TJ/Rafe?Taylor quad.

Why does Ron hate me so?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4

Helena's line would have been good but I am just over her. I just can't get behind Helena's burn of Lulu after she tried to facilitate her son raping her and then helping her son freeze her. I only wish Lulu had punched Helena in her rape-loving face.

• Love 11

I am honestly counting the months until there's some story where Emma and Cam become jealous/envious of Spencer and Joss in some way and set them up to get in trouble, and someone else, probably an adult, is injured. Everyone will blame poor Spencer and Joss, and Cam and Emma will be wracked with guilt. It's coming!

The thing about the little kids is that when they first played them as a triangle, I thought it was a cute little diversion that we weren't supposed to take seriously.  I recall remarking at the time that it was infinitely more interesting than the Molly/TJ/Rafe/Taylor quad.  

But now, it's overplayed AND Ron wants us to take it seriously AND they're pretty much repeating the exact same story they gave that Molly/TJ/Rafe?Taylor quad.

Seriously, how long has this been going on already? Weren't Cam and Emma already "steady" during all the chupacabra crap over a year ago?!

• Love 2

Joss should kill them both.

I think the most logical way to go now is for Joss to go on a murder spree. Get rid of the useless and/or annoying people. So, everyone.

I can't believe airtime was wasted on people talking about Spencer's birthday.

I'm just hoping people die at his party. We were deprived of any actual stakes during the boat party and I need some people to die already. Joss can start her murder spree at the party.

Lulu: "Why did my father do this?!"

Helena: "Maybe he got sick of you."

I LOLed.

Ahh Ron just blocked me on twitter, I feel like a member of a very special club

Congratulations!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 5

I feel like we are now sort of half-expected to regard Helena as Nikolas' crazy old grandmother who can be trouble but who he has to love, just like Nathan and Obrecht. That is the antithesis of Helena, who can still be truly scary when they write her well and give Constance room to play it. Helena is not the "kooky villain" character. I still can't believe Nikolas was apologizing for her to Spencer and expects to keep her in his life. It makes absolutely zero sense. It's completely untrue to the characters and history.

• Love 10

While I agree that Patrick isn't my idea of the quintessential brain surgeon he is supposed to be well-trained in that field. When Jake first showed up at the hospital, I think he was supposedly vetted by Patrick, who didn't mention any electronic box in Jake's scar tissue. So I am confused...when did Helena get hold of Jake to insert the device? Over a weekend at Windemere after he got out of the hospital? I'm pretty sure it would take him awhile to recover from brain surgery; I think it usually involves opening the skull. And the person's balance and stomach are upset (a teen friend had brain surgery a couple of times.) I know I'm thinking too logically again, but in my experience brain surgery involves recovery time, and sometimes rehabilitation.

• Love 1

All Spencer does is mock them for being townies. Does Spencer know anyone who sn't a townie? 

On another board we was talking how it might be interesting if nik and ecspecially spencer lost there wealth.Maybe it would humble him somewhat.

• Love 2
IA my neice is four and although she has a boyfriend at school.She really doesn't know what it means.I mean they hardly talk about stuff like being the love of there life ect.

I think that's part of the distinction.  Little kids, real little kids, play act being grown ups. So they want to marry adults, and chase after kids on the playground for purposes of declaring their love or giving them some chaste kiss.

But these kids aren't supposedly playing acting ... I guess?  And no adult has sat them down to ask them what they mean by their declarations and actions.  This talk of "dates"? The parents really need to sit them down and make sure there isn't physical experimentation going on, no coercion, no pressuring.  These kids have crossed lines in terms of seeing themselves as coupled up.  Developmentally, it's just all wrong, and that's why it's making just about anyone in the audience who has progressed further than adolescenthood feel uncomfortable.  

Imagine how Robert would respond to an 8-year-old boy giving Robin a faberge egg or have his limo driver pick her up for a "date" at Kellys? 

• Love 2

I almost, almost felt sorry for Morgan when he said, paraphrasing, "For what it's worth, you'll never lose me, dad." I could just hear Sonny's inner monologue "Uh, yeah, whatever...weren't we just talking about Michael?" It's sad, and pathetic, how desperate he is for Sonny's love and for any scrap of praise. 

Like I said though, I only almost felt bad for him. I can't feel too bad for him because Morgan's severe lack of empathy for Michael is astounding. I think from the very moment Morgan found out Michael knew the truth, he's barely been able to muster up an apology (for his part in the cover-up) and he hasn't, or even attempted to, understood why Michael is so upset. I know some have said it's because the Corinthos kids weren't really taught to have any respect for AJ, or anything, but still, you would think maybe Morgan would try to come up with some kind of comprehension in that teeny brain of his of why Michael, who he knows damn well grew to love AJ, might not be so hunky dory with Sonny killing AJ in cold blood.

I swear Morgan is truly his mother's child. Every time Sonny, or anyone else, points out why Michael has a legitimate grievance, Morgan has that same look of "Uh, why are you bringing logic into this" that Carly gets whenever someone points out that her kids getting shot at might be a bad thing. Like today when Carly had he gall to get to make it seem like AJ being a trust fund baby was somehow worse than Sonny the career and then when Michael pointed out that AJ may have been an alcoholic, but unlike Sonny he wasn't a murderer, Carly had that same look on her face.

Maybe it's may affection for the character's biological father, but I don't find the Cameron actor that wooden, but he did have a line reading today when he confronted Emma about lying, that I practically gasped in shock at how bad it was. The kiddie quad certainly sucks, though I am grateful it has been on less recently.

I also guess Michael doesn't realize it will take time to win his suit and in that time yes Avery will bond with Sonny and Michael will be a stranger to her.

Not with how fast the justice system works on GH. Even though it felt interminable watching, it didn't take that long for the judge to reach a decision in the Maxie/Spinelli/Dante/Lulu custody trial.

Edited by FilmTVGeek80
  • Love 5

While I agree that Patrick isn't my idea of the quintessential brain surgeon he is supposed to be well-trained in that field. When Jake first showed up at the hospital, I think he was supposedly vetted by Patrick, who didn't mention any electronic box in Jake's scar tissue. 

Apparently Patrick just didn't notice the microchip the first time because he didn't know to look for it. LOL.

• Love 3

I have to wait until 8 pm EST to see it on Hulu, dammit, so haven't watched it yet..."Love of his life"? No, it never went that far when I was a kid! Now that you put it that way, I agree with you.

Oh, I would'nt be able to remember his dialogue from today...my brain switches off when he's on-screen. But he said it in the past.

Apparently Patrick just didn't notice the microchip the first time because he didn't know to look for it. LOL.

He would of found it if it was near Sam's boobs, though.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 5

Maybe it's may affection for the character's biological father, but I don't find the Cameron actor that wooden ...

I actually like Cameron the most of the kiddie quad. He just has a sweetness that I appreciate. Is his dad Zander? If so, that may be why I have affection for him, too.

• Love 5

The gifts and the occasional goofy kid date don't bother me, really. That's all typical sitcom stuff. If It only happened a few times a year or in service of some other, larger story, fine. What bothers me is how hard they play it, as though they think these kids can handle the sheer volume of the material (some of which is definitely weird coming out of their mouths), how precocious they all are, how the writing is slanted against some of the little kids just like they are the adults, and how they seem to have no lives of their own with their parents and families outside of this weird kid quadrangle.

We could go into other examples of other stories at other times in other places, but I mean, Lucky, Emily and Sly got into their share of adventures which still treated them like three-dimensional kids with families, backstories and unique personalities, as opposed to just being quip machines for adults, or playing out kabuki versions of adult stories. That's another place where it does get uncomfortable, because sometimes they do get a little too glib or mature about what would be normal jokes coming out of the adults' mouths.

I don't know why they de-cast Becky Herbst's neighbor kid, the one who played Cam before. Maybe he just was bored with it - he was not an actor, AFAIK. But his bitchface put anything Spencer does to shame.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 5

Oh FFS. GH was interrupted for 20 minutes so ABC could show us someone being rescued from the ice in NJ. Why is this 'breaking news'???

I switched my DVR to regard Channel 6 (Philadelphia).  They don't interrupt the way Channel 7 always does, an even when Channel 6 gives you breaking news, it keeps GH going in a box in the upper corner.  It's the little joys in life.

I really liked the Avery stuff on all sides. I especially liked LW and CD in their scenes. I for one didn't care for the confrontation they had at the hell no wedding but I thought this one was much better. I thought both Michael and Carly had good points and I also liked Sonny's realization that Michael IS his father's (meaning his) child. He seems genuinely concerned about having to battle it out with him b/c he realizes he is a worthy opponent. I liked the twist that Michael is like Sonny and that is why he is scary but the whole reason he is doing it is to renounce Sonny. So ironic that he is being like the one he despises.

I liked the Michael/Carly scenes too, and I have always thought CD and LW have great mother/son chemistry.  I think both made excellent points, and yes, I think Michael genuinely cares about Avery.  I think he does want to spare her from the traumatic life he had living with Sonny because let's face it, all of Sonny's kids have had violent traumas visited upon them.  No one escaped.  It's a given that Avery will one day be a target for violence as well.  Michael is right about that, but Carly was also right that Michael still loves Sonny.  He does, which is why he's so angry - because loving Sonny is a betrayal to AJ.

Good for Michael for standing up to Carly. What was that bullshit? 'So Avery can love Sonny the way you did...' vomit. What was she smoking?

Carly was nutso with her love for Sonny.  She seemed almost gleeful that Michael was just like Sonny (paraphrasing) "Your anger, your need for revenge.  It's so Sonny."  She was almost salivating.  I thought the creepiest thing was her "Let Avery adore Sonny the way you use to."  That's not normal.  I'm sorry.  I think Michael should grab Avery as soon as he can.

• Love 7

I think Carly has no idea where the fuck her life is going anymore after the loss of both Jax and Jason, and I think Franco was a major symptom of that, but going back to Sonny and going ride or die with him vs. Michael is almost worse, in a stealthier way. I think it's all an extended downward spiral she doesn't know her way out of. Addressing that would be the only way to rebuild her character at this point.

• Love 5

I think that's part of the distinction.  Little kids, real little kids, play act being grown ups. So they want to marry adults, and chase after kids on the playground for purposes of declaring their love or giving them some chaste kiss.

But these kids aren't supposedly playing acting ... I guess?  And no adult has sat them down to ask them what they mean by their declarations and actions.  This talk of "dates"? The parents really need to sit them down and make sure there isn't physical experimentation going on, no coercion, no pressuring.  These kids have crossed lines in terms of seeing themselves as coupled up.  Developmentally, it's just all wrong, and that's why it's making just about anyone in the audience who has progressed further than adolescenthood feel uncomfortable.  

Imagine how Robert would respond to an 8-year-old boy giving Robin a faberge egg or have his limo driver pick her up for a "date" at Kellys? 

considering how he acted when she went on her first date at 13 not well lol.

I actually like Cameron the most of the kiddie quad. He just has a sweetness that I appreciate. Is his dad Zander? If so, that may be why I have affection for him, too.

Same here, maybe it's because he is a nice kid I like him. Spencer is just annoying.

• Love 4

Like I said though, I only almost felt bad for him. I can't feel too bad for him because Morgan's severe lack of empathy for Michael is astounding. I think from the very moment Morgan found out Michael knew the truth, he's barely been able to muster up an apology (for his part in the cover-up) and he hasn't, or even attempted to, understood why Michael is so upset. I know some have said it's because the Corinthos kids weren't really taught to have any respect for AJ, or anything, but still, you would think maybe Morgan would try to come up with some kind of comprehension in that teeny brain of his of why Michael, who he knows damn well grew to love AJ, might not be so hunky dory with Sonny killing AJ in cold blood.

Yeah, that's what really turned me against Morgan today. At first I understood, he was mad on behalf of Kiki, etc etc, but instead of becoming more understanding he just acts like Michael is more petty by the day. Even this past summer when Michael was telling Morgan that Sonny cared about them, he wasn't denying Morgan's right to be mad. I kinda wish Morgan were trying to get Sonny and Carly to turn against Michael on purpose, like I said. That would be interesting. But he's just being boring right now.

Not that I think Michael is doing the "right thing" necessarily. But he's not being any worse than Carly/Sonny/Morgan.

I swear Morgan is truly his mother's child. Every time Sonny, or anyone else, points out why Michael has a legitimate grievance, Morgan has that same look of "Uh, why are you bringing logic into this" that Carly gets whenever someone points out that her kids getting shot at might be a bad thing.

Oh, he definitely is. Morgan has always reminded me a bit of young Carly.

• Love 2

I love how Lily getting blown up was "a long time ago," according to Carly, but AJ driving Jason into a tree was yesterday.

ugh Just when I think I can't hate Carly anymore and why AJ did drive drunk. I get that Jason was trying to get AJ to stop driving but what moron gets in a car with a drunk.I feel like Jason bears a little responsablity here besides I feel like AJ paid for that for years and years.

• Love 4

I can't wait to hear how selfish Morgan thinks Michael is when he finds out Carly switched the test results because he's not ready to be a dad, and she's off canoodling on Valentine's Day with Sonny and his baby. I still firmly believe that's what happened.

• Love 9

I think Carly has no idea where the fuck her life is going anymore after the loss of both Jax and Jason, and I think Franco was a major symptom of that, but going back to Sonny and going ride or die with him vs. Michael is almost worse, in a stealthier way. I think it's all an extended downward spiral she doesn't know her way out of. Addressing that would be the only way to rebuild her character at this point.

Yeah, this whole sale "rah rah Sonny" Carly seems a little much even for her but it's a lot more understandable when she does it for Sonny at least than when she did it for friggin Franco. I mean it is just a thing that happens to all of Sonny's women I guess because Olivia was in the same place this time last year. Probably Sonny will accidentally get Joss blown up or something and Carly will start screeching how he's an awful father again.

• Love 2

Robert was SO overprotective and a hardass. And here we have Patrick who sends his child to her boyfriend's home for sleepovers.

...Yeah, that was a little weird.

Probably Sonny will accidentally get Joss blown up or something and Carly will start screeching how he's an awful father again.

It will appear to have been Sonny but in reality, jealous Cameron and Emma lit the fuse thinking it would just singe her hair! You think I'm joking!

Edited by jsbt

Yeah, he's very sweet, and like Emma, when they're not forced to say the ridiculous, ham-fisted things they have to say, seems like a real kid, unlike Joss and Spencer.

Yeah, Zander was his father. That's probably another reason I prefer Cameron to Spencer because whether Ron's doing this on purpose or not, Cameron's getting the same designated loser writing that Zander got when he was in a triangle with Nik and Emily. 

• Love 4

spencer annoys me mostly becuae of the way RC and FV is always gushing over him on twitter. I remeber RC saying the little actor didn't put his name in the younger category like he would have had a chance to be nominated.THese kids aren't getting dramtic stuff like KMc and JJ got.

• Love 2