Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: The Ripple Effect

Hap and Jules have a history? Who didn't see that coming?

Oh Hap, Hap, Hap! Falling for the "I Love you, Pop" but then you proved how smart you are right before the sheriff came. I hope.

And why does Carla feel she has the right to "pick out" what Lacey should wear?

So, like, is AJ like the Ray of this show? Yes, I went ahead and made a Dallas reference. It's all y'all's' fault.

Wick is one dumb sonofabitch.

Maybe it's just me, but Cody really annoyed me talking away about going house shopping, when she knew that a call had come in and Billy was talking to Hap. But she didn't care, kept yammering and yammering, while Billy's trying to have a conversation. At first, I thought she was teasing or something, but when he got off the phone, she was like, who was that? 

Ooooh. Hap is a "Devil."

I could just sit here and watch Don Johnson and listen to him talk. I can't tell you how much I loved hearing his voice saying "Last Week on Blood and Oil." I squeed like my inner teen I did.

And now I have to rewatch this on Demand, because my stupid dvr cut it right after Hap told Jules to stay away from Wick.

• Love 3

I liked this episode. I feel like it's slowly but surely getting somewhere. Who's the dead guy? He's clearly a scapegoat since we know Wick is the real culprit to what went down with the fire. What's the story with Lacey and Carla? Definitely some kind of animosity there. Jules was once a bed warmer for Hap? Hap is so JR Ewing.

• Love 2

I liked this episode. I feel like it's slowly but surely getting somewhere. Who's the dead guy? He's clearly a scapegoat since we know Wick is the real culprit to what went down with the fire. 

The dead guy, Sphinx, is the guy Wick and his partner tried to sell the oil to; he saw Briggs Oil on the tanker, and figured the award Hap was offering for who started the fire, was more, than him trying to buy "stolen" oil.  And since he was going to go to the cops, Wick's partner killed him. Or maybe he wasn't, and partner killed him because he "knew."

I liked this episode, and I like this show!!!  Just what I wanted on a Sunday night, because I'm tired and sick of The Good Wife!!  

Don Johnson can make me melt in my slippers, and Chace Crawford, while not the best actor, is more eye candy! (although he's waaay out my age bracket, LOL!!)

I'm loving all the intrigue:

Who is AJ, really?

What's up between Lacey and Carla?

What's up with the sheriff?

What's really going on between Hap and Jules?

So much fun, soapiness!!  Looking forward to more!   :-)

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 3

I'm finding it hard to actively like anyone. I don't care if they all fail. The only people I liked haven't even used their newfound $50,000 yet. I'm waiting to see Billy and Cody eat at their new restaurant.

• Love 1

I expected this show to be my frothy Sunday night replacement for Revenge, but it has been such a disappointment. Revenge had its faults, but the pilot episode was brilliant. It's a week after watching the Blood & Oil one and I can barely remember what happened.

• Love 2

I expected this show to be my frothy Sunday night replacement for Revenge, but it has been such a disappointment. Revenge had its faults, but the pilot episode was brilliant. It's a week after watching the Blood & Oil one and I can barely remember what happened.

Revenge in its heydey had more interesting characters and premise before it burned out quickly.  So far, it's just Don trying to elevate the material and there's really not much to work with.

• Love 1

I can remember Dynasty, Knots Landing, and Melrose Place all being some rather uninteresting soap operas when they began their first seasons.  The shot in the arm for all three of them were the introduction of queen bee vixens.  Dynasty took off with the introduction of Joan Collins (Alexis), Knots Landing took off with Donna Mills (Abby), and Melrose Place grew popular fast with Heather Locklear (Amanda).  Blood and Oil needs this queen bee type, and she should come in the form of Hap's ex-wife.  Hap could use a somewhat formidable male nemesis also.  Kind of like JR Ewing had with Cliff Barnes.  Blood and Oil has elements to build on.  I just hope that they can do it before ABC gets any ideas of pulling the plug.  I'm encouraged that they wanted new writers who could bring some OMG moments.  I think those moments are coming.

Edited by Syndicate
  • Love 4

I won't lie. The only scenes I find enjoyable are those with Hap/Don Johnson. Everyone else just fucking bores me.

Maybe next week, we'll get someone else to write the episodes? It's been the same guy for the past two weeks; I think it's the show runner.

• Love 2

This show continues to bore despite some things happening. It feels like the characters are all talking at each other. The balance of talking and action is really off. The ratings aren't good (far worse than Quantico) so I don't know if it will even get picked up for the back nine episodes, if it's not cancelled first. Also, I'm pretty sure there's an option between a crappy trailer park and some perfect house. It's just stupid to think those are the only two options. Of and the ludicrous things, this bothered me the most.

Edited by deaja
Fixed formatting.
  • Love 1

I won't lie. The only scenes I find enjoyable are those with Hap/Don Johnson. Everyone else just fucking bores me.

Maybe next week, we'll get someone else to write the episodes? It's been the same guy for the past two weeks; I think it's the show runner.

They do have new writers coming up (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_%26_Oil#Episodes), but I'm just not a fan of soap operas. *sigh* I guess there's no hope for a more creative producer to see Don Johnson in this and offer him something better? I just don't know if I can keep watching this just to see him.
  • Love 1

This show continues to bore despite some things happening. It feels like the characters are all talking at each other. The balance of talking and action is really off.

Because they are, things have happened, but they're not really interesting and it doesn't help that the characters themselves don't even care (ex. the car crash in the pilot that the couple just left behind and didn't care about at all).

They do have new writers coming up (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_%26_Oil#Episodes), but I'm just not a fan of soap operas. *sigh* I guess there's no hope for a more creative producer to see Don Johnson in this and offer him something better? I just don't know if I can keep watching this just to see him.

I can.  Keep watching just to see him, that is. Because, even though he's not purty in the conventional sense, Wait a minute! Of COURSE he's still purty! AND he is sexy. To me, that is. And that gravelly voice, and...umm...okay, I'll just leave it at that, why don't I?

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 2

If anyone is looking for a business to open up in Rock Springs, I would suggest an anvil manufacturing and repair shop.  Because more than a few get dropped in the course of an hour of this show. 

$18/gallon of crude oil?  So how does that translate into $3/gallon for unleaded gasoline?

Amber Valletta's acting would be a buzzkill even if this show were as great as I need it to be.  She's just tragic.  She makes Chace Crawford and his wife look like Royal Shakespeare Company dropouts.

They're all bland and/or dull except for Don who seems to be the only one trying but the material doesn't give him much to work with.

• Love 1

Dynasty took off with the introduction of Joan Collins (Alexis), Knots Landing took off with Donna Mills (Abby), and Melrose Place grew popular fast with Heather Locklear (Amanda). Blood and Oil needs this queen bee type, and she should come in the form of Hap's ex-wife.

And ideally her initials should be "A.C.", as in Alexis Carrington, Abby Cunningham, and Falcon Crest's Angela Channing.

I'm only watching this for Don Johnson too. He does make the show better than it would be otherwise but he may not be enough.