Type keyword(s) to search

S31: Kelly Wiglesworth

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

Kelly lives in Mexico, doesn't follow the show and doesn't have internet access. At least, that is what was reported on RHAP

Kelly also talked about those things in her interview with Survivor Oz, at the time of the interview, she had never even watched her own season, she said her mother is a big fan of the show and whenever she was visiting, she would go into another room while her mother watched it. Apparently, she did watch her season before coming back out, I think she does now have internet access.

Everyone does the talking about and for her. She isn't getting any airtime and her confessionals must be really, really boring. She apparently didn't give Probst anything to work with either. So, with all that said, how far does she go? Not neccesarly a winners edit but maybe Top 5 or 6? At worst, I think she makes the jury. She seems harmless and I don't think anyone is thinking of her.

Kelly also talked about those things in her interview with Survivor Oz, at the time of the interview, she had never even watched her own season, she said her mother is a big fan of the show and whenever she was visiting, she would go into another room while her mother watched it. Apparently, she did watch her season before coming back out, I think she does now have internet access.

It seems so odd to me that someone would return to a show that they apparently felt so against they left the room when it was on.  

And then to not prep for this season by watching your opponents play is a whole other thing I don't get.  Granted, watching 10 or however many seasons this cast pulls from would take some serious time but they're devoting a month or more of their life to this.   Why go into it blind?  

Though Rob C. kind of suggested that Andrew's game prep was reading the Survivor wiki pages of his opponents.  I guess there is that quickie version of prep, and you could get through it in an hour.  I don't know, I'd want to see the challenges and the living conditions and see Jeff's antics and just know what I was signing up for.  

It seems so odd to me that someone would return to a show that they apparently felt so against they left the room when it was on.  

And then to not prep for this season by watching your opponents play is a whole other thing I don't get.  Granted, watching 10 or however many seasons this cast pulls from would take some serious time but they're devoting a month or more of their life to this.   Why go into it blind?  

Though Rob C. kind of suggested that Andrew's game prep was reading the Survivor wiki pages of his opponents.  I guess there is that quickie version of prep, and you could get through it in an hour.  I don't know, I'd want to see the challenges and the living conditions and see Jeff's antics and just know what I was signing up for.  

Yeah, it does seem odd.  Kelly got lucky her first season that she was a challenge monster and was on the right tribe (the one that figured out alliances).  They haven't shown very much of her, but it doesn't appear that she's playing a very good game to do much more than stick around for a while and then go early after the merge.

Welp!  I think the editors told us a lot about Kelly at tonight's tribal.  None of her thoughts, and I'd bet perhaps a whole dollar (not a gambler) that it wasn't an accident with the seating at tribal such that after Woo got vote out, Kelly looked like she was on an island of one versus the rest of the folks hardcore playing the game.

I'm really interested to hear her thoughts about this whole experience once she's out.

• Love 1

That is interesting to me.  Why would she refuse to watch it even under those circumstances?  I can't believe its because she's traumatized over the experience.  And if she didn't care for the show or TV, why be so dramatic that you have to leave your room?  I remember Kelly saying she didn't watch her season because she lived it, and she didn't want what was edited on TV to taint her overall experience.  I can understand that.  But avoiding it to the point of leaving the room when its on seems dramatic.

I don't know if Kelly believes she's voting with an alliance or voting logically in keeping someone physically strong like Woo over Spencer.  I would like to hear her insight on that.  She's been on the outside of every vote except Shirin/Spencer (which I don't even count because those two dug themselves into that hole).  However, she voted alongside the yoga loving Vytas, who one could argue would have been more of an assett around camp and in challenges, and then voted alongside Woo/Savage, who she may figure are better physically at the competition and that Woo would be more loyal than Spencer.  I don't know what's going on in that brain of hers.  Seeing how quickly she teared up tonight talking about her son (which isn't surprising given the circumstances) I wonder if that is taking its toll on her as well.  Anyway, I hope as the field thins out, should Kelly be around, we get to see more of her.  I'm thinking once the merge happens, she might be okay for awhile.

See, the weird thing to me is not the absence of talking heads, but more the way we don't see interact with anyone on any tribe she's on. And because most of the time she kind of wears a mask that says non-plussed, I don't even know how she feels about things happening. I've never seen her play and was so excited to finally see one of the "originals", but so far she's a cipher to me - thanks editing - NOT.  

Did she start singing non stop songs that CBS didn't have the clearance to, à la Brenda 2.0? I wish some eliminated people could cast some light here...

• Love 1

I assume it's because she's voting with the numbers.  I think her strategy is to make it to the individual part of the game and immunity her way to the end. Either that or she really doesn't give a damn and she's only doing this season because they threw enough money at her to come back.

• Love 1

She's not voting with the numbers, though. She's been on the wrong side of the vote every time, except for the Shirin boot. She voted Abi when Vytas went out, Spencer when Monica went out, and Spencer again when Woo went out. She seemed to be a loner on new Bayon, but on both old Ta Keo and now on new Ta Keo, she's joined the losing alliance. I don't know if it's that her instincts are terrible, or she can't get anyone to work with her so she's going with the minority because the majority doesn't need her vote and so she doesn't get looped in, but so far she's playing a terrible, albeit lucky, game.

See, the weird thing to me is not the absence of talking heads, but more the way we don't see interact with anyone on any tribe she's on.
And no one else does talking heads about her either, not even in the episode where she was one of the potential boots.

It's weird because we see that she does interact with people. Even if Wigles herself is giving horrible talking heads in which she refuses to rephrase the question as a sentence and gives short, incomplete answers, the editors should be able to get clips of other people talking about her to give us ideas about what she's doing. 

• Love 4

She voted Abi when Vytas went out, Spencer when Monica went out, and Spencer again when Woo went out.

The Abi vote was alliance based but the two Spencer votes was definitely a case of her trying to vote with the numbers, she just happened to go to tribal when two different blindsides happened.

• Love 1

From what Monica said, Kelly has a very old school mind set.  She didn't care about alliances and was more about the survival aspect (which maybe that was part strategy, try and be the provider).  Whether she was with the vote or not, her votes seemed to be keeping the strong person in the game (or attempting to).  I don't know if it was so much voting with what she thought was numbers or thinking people would go along with the logic that you want more strength, less drama at camp.  Varner said he had a pre-game alliance with her, she said she didn't want to play the alliance game and vote however she wanted.  Kelly is certainly an interesting one to follow, simply because of the lack of screen time.  Considering there are super fans this season who have watched from the beginning, it is interesting that no one has even mentioned how cool it is to play with the original runner up.  Kelly's gotten more TH in the bonus clips than on the show.  She seems interesting enough in those.  Unless she is pulling a Brenda and purposely trying to avoid screen time, I don't see how they can't come up with something for her.  

Was it Monica who said she basically isn't playing?  If she's not strategizing with anyone or aligning with anyone or willing to talk boots with anyone, and not playing a role like Spencer and Kass and Abi, or being just crazy funny, or being as photographable as the wildlife or Abi's ass, what are they going to show her doing--- washing the rice pot?  Saying, "I'm going to go wash the rice pot then go lie down"?  

If she's not giving them anything, I'm fine with not seeing it.  It's like not seeing the fruitless idol searches.  I'm fine with not seeing those, too.  I feel like there's enough of interest that does occur that we miss as it is now.

I think a lot of folks are interested in Kelly because she is from the first season and did pretty well. People wanted to see what she would do in the new game. It sounds like she isn't doing much of anything so we are not seeing her. I get that decision but I am sure that it is a bummer to a lot of folks because she was one of the people that many folks, myself included, were excited to see return.

• Love 2

I wonder if Kelly left the room because she disliked seeing herself on tv.  I could understand that.

Am I the only one with no nostalgia for the first season?  It was fine, but I have about as much special interest in seeing Kelly play now as I do in hearing Justin Guarini sing now.  

I guess it'd more likely if you 'grew up' with Survivor.

I guess it'd more likely if you 'grew up' with Survivor.

I was well into adulthood when Survivor started, but I was transfixed, and no season after has ever lived up to that experience, even as much as I still enjoy it, I'm just chasing the dragon. I can't think of any other show I have that kind of nostalgia for, even childhood shows. American Idol I never had any interest in, so I can't compare it to that.

I was well into adulthood when Survivor started, but I was transfixed, and no season after has ever lived up to that experience, even as much as I still enjoy it, I'm just chasing the dragon. I can't think of any other show I have that kind of nostalgia for, even childhood shows. American Idol I never had any interest in, so I can't compare it to that.

I was in high school when Survivor first premiered; back then the age limit to apply was 21, and I remember thinking Survivor would long be off the air before I would even be eligible to apply (as if I would actually apply and get picked).  I gave it 4, maybe 5 seasons.  After Thailand was such a disaster I thought for sure it was in the decline.  Never thought I'd be talking about it for 15 years and 31 seasons.  I've been a fan every since, and only twice have I ever tuned out in the middle of the season (and both of those were more recent seasons).  There was a purity with season 1.  I think we got a mix of people that we would never get as a group again.  They had bamboo rafts to fish on and fish traps, not these fancy boats.  They were out catching rats and looking for tapioca plants, and getting rewards like one chocolate bar to share among them, and one filet knife (not a whole bbq kit that's only missing a personal chef).  The challenges were simpler, yet I enjoyed them so much more, and my biggest disappointment is we aren't getting more old school challenges.  But even though they were simpler, it wasn't geared toward one person's strengths.  It was anybody's to win.  And, of course, this was the season where they didn't know what to do about alliances and strategy.  It was just fun, looking at people who were winging it on an adventure that they didn't even know people would be watching.  

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 2
I wonder if Kelly left the room because she disliked seeing herself on tv.  I could understand that.

I could understand that too, but I was under the impression that she left the room when other seasons of Survivor were on tv. But maybe I got it wrong.

I'm really puzzled with her edit - yes, I know, she doesn't give them anything to work with, etc., but since when has that stopped the editors? We used to have people repeat the exact things that we had just heard (i.e. what the reward was, how awesome it was, etc.). Not that I'd want that (although, at this stage, I'd take pretty much anything - even her singing ABC or counting to 20) but I'm also wondering if they're keeping her until she's instrumental in something, anything (like Ciera this episode).  

• Love 1

I was under the impression that she left the room when other seasons of Survivor were on tv. But maybe I got it wrong.

No, you got it right, her mother watches it, and when she's visiting her mother, Kelly leaves the room when Survivor comes on.

But even though they were simpler, it wasn't geared toward one person's strengths.  It was anybody's to win.  And, of course, this was the season where they didn't know what to do about alliances and strategy.  It was just fun, looking at people who were winging it on an adventure that they didn't even know people would be watching.  

This all over - and also, this is the reason I don't count Hatch as one of the "All-Time Greats" of Survivor.  Unlike any other season, the S1 folks had absolutely no history, no past seasons, no background reference material on which to draw.  They were making it up as they went, "winging it" in the truest sense of the term, figuring out the rules of what would and wouldn't work by trial and error. 

Hatch wasn't some great strategic mastermind; he was simply a step or two ahead of everybody else in picking up on the nascent clues of the importance of social strategy in the game (the "outwit"), while everybody else was focused on physical challenge domination (the "outplay").  This step ahead was not the stride of a giant, but it was sufficient for Hatch to see who might be approaching his understanding, and engineer their ejection from the game before they could become an active threat - right down the the eviction of Sue which left the jurors with only Hatch and KWi as vote options.

Hatch was proof indeed that in the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

• Love 1

Kelly seems to be one of those people who is proud of not owning a tv or watching any tv.  I can understand.  From 2000-2007 I didn't watch any tv except Survivor season 2, and that was probably part of the reason I turned it off for so long.  Survivor and reality tv can make you feel like you're being manipulated by the editing and the machinations of the show, even just as a viewer.  If she signed up for Survivor for the outdoor/survival aspect and only watched the first episode and no more for many years, she was probably appalled at the whole editing/story-building thing.  If that's her feeling, I can see her being virtually silent out there now.  

I've just finished (re) reading the Mists of Avalon, which has a character named Raven who took a vow of silence and only speaks in dire situations. And now I cannot get it out of my head that Kelly came on this show having taken a vow of silence which can only be broken when it would be really rude to remain silent - and when she needs to, to limit what she says to three words or less. Hence "Everyday" instead of "well, you know, it was a bit disappointing at first, but then I realized how lucky I am to have the people in my life, and I realized Survivor had been a great adventure, and yes, from time to time, I think about what could have been, what I could have done, but really I have such a great family, I couldn't ask for more, this is worth much more than the million or even the title of first survivor winner - and you know, I was so young and naive at the time, who knows, maybe I wouldn't have know I needed to pay tax, and then I would have spent years in prison, instead of building the beautiful life and family I have now -- Now that I think about it, I was certainly damn lucky not to win that first season! Imagine the person I would have become!! Jeff, thank you so much for asking me about this!!! It makes things much clearer to me now!!!! Why did I ever accept to come back?????).  

(Edited become haven is not having)

Edited by NutMeg
  • Love 5

Kelley Wentworth may have said there was only room for one Kelly on the island, but this Kelly will always be the only one for me (well, her and Kelly Goldsmith-can we please get her for the next AS/second chance/whatever returnee season).  I really hope we get some more old schoolers and Borneo players next time.  

In her final words, she mentioned she hoped Joe hadn't been the one to vote against her.  When did these two suddenly bond so much?

I'm happy Kelly returned.  I wish she could have gone further, but I'm happy she at least made it to the jury phase.  It'll be interesting to see her on that side of things.  I expected her to be an early out, and I wasn't sure what her enthusiasm going into this was.  I think the game evolved so much that she was in over her head and her days of playing with an alliance that she wasn't happy with were still there, and she wanted to just enjoy it this time.  I do think she cared about winning, just wanted to do it on her own terms this time.  I wish she had gotten more camera time, as I can't believe she was all boring.  I enjoyed her confessionals, and I would have loved to have seen any scenes of her and the other castaways talking about her experience on the first season.  I think she may not have been giving TPTB what they wanted (like reading the script of how defining this second chance was for her) and that's why she got limited screen time.  Anyway, glad she'll at least be on the jury and in Ponderosa every week! 

Here's her day after:

https://youtu.be/YQT_aSii_8g

• Love 2

I watched Kelly's Survivor Talk, and it made me crankier about her invisible edit. She has a quiet voice, but she said interesting things in coherent, complete sentences. She also talked about how much Probst was trying to get her to talk about Borneo on the island and how much she didn't want to. So to me, it seems like Kelly's invisible edit was less about Kelly not doing or saying anything interesting and more about Kelly not playing into the narrative that Jeff wanted her to play into. And that's frustrating to me. If you want people to follow a script, hire actors. 

• Love 4

Kelly's video bored me so much, I turned it off a little more than half way through.  She also said in her boot remarks that she was happy to be gone and let the others play.  To me she was easily the worst choice of any contestant this season. 

• Love 2

I'll always love Kelly. If the producers were silly enough to build a whole season around her when it was clearly obvious that Kelly was over this game then it's on them. That being said, she seemed to have a decent path to the finals if not for Stephen's Joe obsession.

I was shocked to learn that Kelly was thinking about throwing immunity to colleen back in the day.

Edited by Oscirus
  • Love 3

I'm mixed on Kelly.  Last night she said she was relieved to be out of the game, but reading interviews she didn't seem quite ready to go.  Of course she's had 6 months to be out of the rain in a warm bed with food and water, so I can see where she'd do the about face.  I took her 'let them have at it if they want it' line she had last night as more a gut reaction to her blindside.  I stand by the feeling that she had plenty to say and things they could have shown, she just wasn't buying what they were selling.  In reading one of her interviews, she said she was amazed how on day one everyone was scattering all over the beach and strategizing a mile a minute-she said back in her day, people worried more about shelter, food, water, and fire, and worried about strategizing when the time came.  I often wonder if she would have fared better if she wound up on original Bayon.  I believe she would have been a serious threat to win had made it to the end.  That said, I'm happy she returned.  After all this time, and her being off the grid and seeming to be over the experience, I was very, very surprised when it was announced she was in the running to come back.

Edited by LadyChatts

Reading Kelly's interview with Josh Wiggler was enlightening. Kelly discusses her lack of air time and she said that was because she was not involved with the drama and just worked and got along with people. That is who she is as a person, she enjoys the adventure and the challenge but she is not a manipulator or a drama queen. So I think she was fine leaving the increasingly manipulative game but did not want to leave the adventure.

I don't think she will be invited back because she is not going to make good TV, it is not in her blood. And it is a bit of a shame. I think it would be interesting to see a season where the Producers were told that they had to devote one confessional to each player and actually try and show the various ways that the game is played. They will never do it because they think that we would fine the Kelly Wiglesworth's of the world boring. But I can see where working hard around camp and getting along well with everyone is really good game play.

• Love 4

Reading Kelly's interview with Josh Wiggler was enlightening. Kelly discusses her lack of air time and she said that was because she was not involved with the drama and just worked and got along with people. That is who she is as a person, she enjoys the adventure and the challenge but she is not a manipulator or a drama queen. So I think she was fine leaving the increasingly manipulative game but did not want to leave the adventure.

I don't think she will be invited back because she is not going to make good TV, it is not in her blood. And it is a bit of a shame. I think it would be interesting to see a season where the Producers were told that they had to devote one confessional to each player and actually try and show the various ways that the game is played. They will never do it because they think that we would fine the Kelly Wiglesworth's of the world boring. But I can see where working hard around camp and getting along well with everyone is really good game play.

I think Probst sold himself on his fantasy that Wiggles, being the first runner-up of the show, is the perfect embodiment of a Second Chance player in the sense that he thought Wiggles would probably have been watching every. single. season since Borneo, studying every single nuance of the game each season, itching to get back to finally get that glory at the end, etc. Basically, Probst counted on her being like Stephen Fishbach, Boston Rob and John Cochran - being heavy students of the game and becoming a master the second time they play it. But what they probably didn't anticipate was that, Wiggles was the exact opposite. She did not let the game define her, as she has said. She hasn't watched the show since she was on. She just carried on with her life. So when Probst was pushing this narrative of "what does it REALLY mean for you to get this second chance?" Wiggles was like "Well, I get to play again and that's cool." It wasn't "I'm not going to make the same mistakes, I've learned a lot the first time I played, I'm a better Kelly now, etc." And for Probst and TPTB, that made for boring TV, especially as you have more personality than actual players this season.

• Love 5

I think Probst sold himself on his fantasy that Wiggles, being the first runner-up of the show, is the perfect embodiment of a Second Chance player in the sense that he thought Wiggles would probably have been watching every. single. season since Borneo, studying every single nuance of the game each season, itching to get back to finally get that glory at the end, etc. Basically, Probst counted on her being like Stephen Fishbach, Boston Rob and John Cochran - being heavy students of the game and becoming a master the second time they play it. But what they probably didn't anticipate was that, Wiggles was the exact opposite. She did not let the game define her, as she has said. She hasn't watched the show since she was on. She just carried on with her life. So when Probst was pushing this narrative of "what does it REALLY mean for you to get this second chance?" Wiggles was like "Well, I get to play again and that's cool." It wasn't "I'm not going to make the same mistakes, I've learned a lot the first time I played, I'm a better Kelly now, etc." And for Probst and TPTB, that made for boring TV, especially as you have more personality than actual players this season.

To be honest, I'm not entirely sure why he would think that. He had to have had some idea of where she was living and to the degree to which she was pretty much living off the grid.

Though I'm even more supposed that as per her exit interviews she wouldn't mind coming back! She doesn't sound to me someone who cares about the money but she basically said that since she didn't win she is not opposed to coming back. That being said, there is not a snowball's chance in hell that they would invite her back. Which is a shame because I would love seeing her again

• Love 1

Well maybe if she comes up with some romantic story about how she met her husband on the beach in Mexico that'll give her another shot.

I appreciate people like Kelly.  I love good game play, but it is nice to see people not constantly strategizing and going completely crazy every second that they are out there.  It's probably why I enjoyed the old school approach to the game, and the old school editing.  No one seemed to care about that stuff until they had to.  Usually the first few boots were easy (someone was sick, unproductive, whiney, or super annoying).  Africa was more where I saw the division day 1, and then Marquesas when Rob put together his alliance from the start (of course they lost the first few challenges so it made more sense for him to strategize).  But I like that she didn't buy into the hype that TPTB were selling, that she stayed true to who she was, and just had a good time.  I'm sure she wouldn't mind winning, but I'm glad she took this experience for what it was.

• Love 2

I get the clearest sense of what was actually going on from Kelly's interviews. People can talk about the pace of the game and some players having a tough time adjusting and everyone strategizing as much as they want, but it looks like a pretty typical season of Survivor by the time it's edited into the episodes. I get the clearest vision of what people mean when they talk about the pace listening to Kelly talk about working hard at camp versus going around talking person-to-person. I like her talking about the smaller camera crew and size of rewards compared to now (and I know some of that is too meta to be allowed into the show, but the discussion of the rewards surely could be). 

Kelly was never going to be desperate to win. But I think Probst was so locked into his preconceived narrative of her trying to overcome her loss in Borneo and wanting her to deliver soundbites about regret and Borneo that he (and the editors) missed what a great opportunity they had to use Kelly's short confessionals as a framing device. It's helpful to have a reminder of the Then in order to see the "evolved" Now. 

• Love 4
that made for boring TV, especially as you have more personality than actual players this season.

Kelly had more personality than the other players?  I wish we would've seen it.   

Kelly had more personality than the other players?  I wish we would've seen it.   

No, I meant, there seemed to be more "personality" people than actual players. You know, talking the big talk so you get more camera time and more stuff for TPTB to edit, whether good or bad.

To be honest, I'm not entirely sure why he would think that. He had to have had some idea of where she was living and to the degree to which she was pretty much living off the grid.

Oh, I'm sure he has, but this show has run for 15 years, and there have been hundreds of players during those years, it's just impossible for Probst to know everything about these players with each season that passes by. I mean, it's easy to keep up with the players who writes blogs and does podcasts, and those who care enough to be on his radar, but someone on the down low as Wiggles, he might only know the basics - she lives in Mexico, doing well for herself, etc. He probably has this thought/fantasy that Wiggles is just itching to prove herself again, or prove that she should have been the winner that first season, that Hatch was a mistake that she would reverse this season. That that's what she thinks about most of the time - her Survivor loss. That's what the narrative that Probst was pushing with all of his questions to Kelly, and Kelly just didn't oblige enough. 

• Love 1

Jeff really wanted to push that Borneo narrative where Kelly spent the past 15 years thinking about that one vote and wondering what if. Kelly ain't got no time for that, she's here to play a game then return to her family in mexico. If you want to build a season around a survivor, next time, pick better.

Also, sycophant Dalton annoys me.

• Love 1

I'm following Varner on twitter because he's such a hoot. But I was surprised at one twitter exchange he had where he called Wiggles (I'm assuming that's who, based on the twitter trail) a "waste of a spot" and asked "why did she even bother?" And that he sacrificed his game to help her, which was a mistake on his part. I wonder if he meant that one instance where he got called a rat by Tasha by mouthing off something to Wiggles.

I'm following Varner on twitter because he's such a hoot. But I was surprised at one twitter exchange he had where he called Wiggles (I'm assuming that's who, based on the twitter trail) a "waste of a spot" and asked "why did she even bother?" And that he sacrificed his game to help her, which was a mistake on his part. I wonder if he meant that one instance where he got called a rat by Tasha by mouthing off something to Wiggles.

Varner dug his own grave in this game.  I don't even know if Kelly knew what he was mouthing at her, and even if it was to work with Kimmi and Monica, those two had interest in working together.  I know he got the short end of the stick when he got sent to Angkor, but really, if he was that close to Abi, couldn't he have forced her to just vote with Woo and PG for one vote or threaten a tie?  He had a medical issue, and it showed.  So while I greatly miss his commentary and wish he had at least been on the jury/Ponderosa house, I'd consider him more of a waste of a spot since it was probably only a matter of time before he got pulled.  I wouldn't consider Kelly a waste of a spot.  She may not be as colorful as some of the others, but I'm glad she didn't play a character for screen time either, or talk about how her life's been in shambles because she didn't correctly guess the number Greg had that lost her his vote (which she didn't have to begin with, obviously).  I think she was playing her game, but it may not be the way everyone expects the game to be played. 

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1
No, I meant, there seemed to be more "personality" people than actual players. You know, talking the big talk so you get more camera time and more stuff for TPTB to edit, whether good or bad.

Oh, I agree with that. 

I also see what Varner meant by a waste of a slot.  Kelly didn't want to play to win or play to entertain.   I don't blame her for that latter but if you're not willing to play the game to win, I'd rather another of the women got the chance instead.  

Oh, I agree with that. 

I also see what Varner meant by a waste of a slot.  Kelly didn't want to play to win or play to entertain.   I don't blame her for that latter but if you're not willing to play the game to win, I'd rather another of the women got the chance instead.  

TBH, the only woman I'm sorry got robbed of a slot was Teresa.  Beyond that, I'm not sorry that Kelly got on over the other women left sitting.  I do love Sabrina and hope she returns one day, but it sounded like it would have been rough for her had she made it this time. 

• Love 1

I don't blame her for that latter but if you're not willing to play the game to win

I think she wanted to win. But she just couldn't adapt her game fast enough. She was happy to play how she played previously. It probably also didn't help that the older players got eliminated early in the game too - Varner and Dietz. The one time she was asked by Probst what's the argument for keeping her, she said it's because of all the help and assistance she had done at camp. So very old-school.

If she had been a Cochran type, and studied each and every player and watched at least more seasons than not, I think we would have seen a more ruthless and new-school Survivor type player, and I think she would have been extremely dangerous.

• Love 1

Bartender is what I remember a lot of people being. I remember some time ago, one of the Big Brother contestants completed the training to be a volunteer firefighter, and volunteered once, so that he could be identified on the show as a firefighter rather than what he was, an out of work actor.