Type keyword(s) to search

NFL Thread

• Start Topic

(edited)

Vikings 23 - Jets 17

The Vikings tried like hell (after going up 17-0) to flat out piss that away (🤬). Thank god, the defense got it done at the end. The Vikings really irritated me from 2nd Quarter on till the end. They nearly ruined my day with their ineptness in the 2nd half. They're very lucky they won.

Now, with another Jets loss in the books (😊), hopefully we get the same result tonight from a certain loser vile team with that star on their helmets. I really want to see some more sadness from Jerry Jones, Stephen Jones, & the rest of the Jones family.

Edited by Magog

That is no surprise at all.  The rest of the AFC North, along with Kansas City always makes Lamer and company look pedestrian.  Similar to last week's Sunday Night Football, nothing is surprising as is relates to Baltimore

Panthers… Ugh! 
I live in Asheville surrounded by all the devastation Helene left. Was hoping the Panthers would maybe provide some welcome relief. No such luck :(

My family was spared and we feel lucky but my husbands job was destroyed in Biltmore Village. I’m out of work due to no school being in session and we are housing and providing showers, laundry and water to as many families as we can. 

• Hugs 4

You know what, IMO, both teams were pretty good.  Such a pleasant game for me.  Although it's only Week 5, I always wanted to see epic Baltimore vs epic Cincinnati.  You had greatness from one (Ravens 2019 & 2023) or the other (Bengals 2021 & 2022).  Never both.  So things may come down to those two before all is said & done

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

Looks like Jayden Daniels/Commanders are the real deal.  I hope this continues.

No big deal regardless.  Until proven otherwise, there's no point in judging Washington & Jayden next week but if things look great going forward, that is a good thing for the NFL.  Too bad a quarter century of the history of the league as it relates to Washington tainted things for them, ruined things as it relates to a very decent franchise.

While the arrow is pointing up, you can't really judge today as a sample of possible very good things to come

I hate them.  I hate him.  AND, I got yelled at for being loud in the car as we are listening on Sirius on the way home after a lovely day in the Adirondacks so thanks for nothing, DANIEL.

• Hugs 1

You should have yelled back at whoever yelled at you mojoween.  I think you definitely have the most valid reason to hate them.  Other than maybe merylinkid.  Not sure if Baltimore tops the list of "supposed to hate those guys" the most.

It'll be like me being super happy for Cleveland.  Why watch the sport if I'm supposed to feel pleasant for someone I couldn't care less about!

That was the worst clock management I’ve ever seen by the Bills. Way to waste all the defensive effort in the second half. 

I don’t know how Baltimore came out with a win when they looked like they were going to lose twice in that game. That one’s gotta hurt. 

Well the person who yelled at me turned to me and said “well if the Giants had( listened to you (I said go for it on fourth down) they would be up 3-0 now.”

Damn Washington.  Is it going to be twice in a row that the guy who was picked after Carolina’s pick is going to be more awesome than whatever Carolina has?

(edited)
2 hours ago, Carey said:

While the arrow is pointing up, you can't really judge today as a sample of possible very good things to come

Of course not.  That's why I said I hope it continues.  Can't someone have some hope?

Edited by Crashcourse
  • Applause 1
46 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

Of course not.  That's why I said I hope it continues.  Can't someone have some hope?

It was a joke.  The comment was directed at the Browns.  To be more specific, Cleveland has chosen to turn back to their losing ways, and if someone were to include Week 5 as a sample of good things to come for Washington (before everything else) that wouldn't be a good idea.

The Commanders, prior to their home win against Cleveland have been labeled as the NFC version of Lamar/Baltimore.  Outside of Week One, early or not, they have looked very good.  As for their road game against Tampa (starring a good guy the Browns turned against), that can happen.  The weather in Tampa Bay was horrible to begin with, and the NFC South champions are still a very good team.  One that can still win its division for the 4th consecutive season.