Type keyword(s) to search

NFL Thread

• Start Topic

When those young men before no earlier than 1990 show up on television speaking to an audience somewhere in Ohio next to a substance that looks like them, then I'll have no idea what to do with that information

On 11/5/2023 at 8:39 PM, mojoween said:

Pointing?  POINTING?!? Pointing.  Jesus Christ.

He's also been fined. I'm really happy someone's thinking of the children..how are parents going to explain to there kids why that bad man was pointing 🙄.  For fucks sake these are grown men they can handle a little taunting if you can even call what Josh Allen did taunting.

Edited by shoregirl
  • Like 3
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 3

Whatever.  Though there's no need to taunt, when it comes to fines for those, what a mess.  It's never consistent.

Week 10 Picks: New England, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Tennessee, Jacksonville, Minnesota, Baltimore, Detroit, Arizona, Seattle, Dallas, Las Vegas, Buffalo

ATS: New England, Jacksonville, Detroit, Dallas, Vegas, and Buffalo all cover.  I guess they'll play that NFC Game, since what took place between 1971-2011 post merge topples everything else.  Everything is bigger in Texas, and New York is the biggest end city in the world.  Detroit probably shouldn't win, but extra rest vs not much should help them try to win their division for the first time in 3 decades.  Buffalo is tricky.  They're not that great, but they had a chance to beat Cincy but it didn't work out.  It's 2023, not 1983 so there isn't a Sunday Night movie on NBC.  I don't think I want to see the Pats depart the Eastern Hemisphere without the most accomplished head coach in the game.  Finally Jaguars/Niners is a trick and trap.  BTW, this actually WAS my Super Bowl pick.  San Francisco could have a successful reset though not that much sans Williams.  However, Jacksonville was also off last week, and they are hosting.

In the above games ATS, for my over/under, I'll go under with Jets & Broncos games.  I'll go over for San Fran, Detroit/LA, and Giants/Cowboys, BTW, Dallas doesn't even need the GMEN to get to that 39.5 total; they sure as heck didn't need them at Metlife the first time!

For New York at Dallas late this afternoon, I haven't seen any over/under predictions in which you're choosing the time of day (as opposed to a score) related to when FOX will switch to Washington/Seattle.  I think 6:30 is reasonable.  Anyone else, and I'd go with 5:45

19 minutes ago, Fukui San said:

On behalf of America, we apologize to Germany for what just happened.

Even as a colts fan that was brutal. 

But 5-5 going to a bye wirh a not hard schedule down the stretch. 

Luckily Mac Jones is awful and zappe just stupid. Triple covered guy over the middle. 

15 minutes ago, shoregirl said:

At least Germany got Chiefs/Dolphins last week. This was really bad though.

It would be hilarious if Tommy Devito and the Giants beat the Cowboys...it's not going to happen but it would be amazing.

Maybe Tommy devito has some friends who've been in Dallas and who can be very ....

Persuasive. 

• Like 2
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 2
34 minutes ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

Maybe Tommy devito has some friends who've been in Dallas and who can be very ....

Persuasive. 

We can only hope. Maybe, the Giants would actually let him throw the damn ball for once & hopefully not throw any to the Cowboys. He can't possibly be any worse than Daniel Jones was this season before he got injured. Maybe, he can somehow pull off a miracle today.

Edited by Magog

Earlier in the week I commented on how there was no way SNF should take place.  At least Vegas and New York can make it competitive.

As for Giants & Cowboys.  There is only one way to make that game look good.

You dream big, to where USC and the Ravens face each other in a football game.  You actually watch.  After GMEN/BOYS.  Then you compare the two

Pittsburgh, who could go 9-8 AND be outgained in EVERY GAME (all 17) this year, got help in a couple huge ways.  Houston managed to upset Cincinnati on the road, and someone is NOT winning the Ravens/Browns game

• Like 1

Looked favorable that Baltimore taking care of business against Cincinnati would be the way to go, but now I probably need the Bengals to topple the Ravens.

Meanwhile, while it's a road game, Pittsburgh absolutely has to win next Sunday because if they don't Cleveland will definitely finish ahead of them for the first time.  Which will be okay only if they win the division (which I think they'd have earned).  Plus the Browns are playing much, much, better (than the Steelers).

We'll see when Kansas City returns, but barring them barfing up their soul, it'll be tradition as usual.  Jacksonville isn't that great, and the road to Allegiant goes throw Arrowhead

I was sure Burrow's 4th qtr heroics were gonna win out again.  But not having Ter and Ja'marr playing hurt didn't help.  They can't always rely on these 4th qtr comebacks *cough* Pissburgh *cough*.

With the terrible way JAX played today, the Texans have a good chance of beating them again.  Next time Houston will be at home.  They are playing with a ton of confidence.  However,  they are gonna have to address defensive issues for next season.

With the #1 & #2 Defenses, I was sure the Cleve/Balt game was gonna be a slug fest.  Both Defenses absolutely played a part in helping score.  From a pick six to a scoop & score.

Despite two AFC North teams losing, they still have the only division with all .500+ teams

Edited by roamyn

So happy the Vikings beat the Saints. Ha ha ha, Bounty hunters! I was worried as the second half progressed but thankfully the Vikings pulled through.  And from all the clips of past games that could be used, Fox showed the Minnesota Miracle (ha ha Saints).

Daboll looks a little disgusted and resigned at the same time.

I've never seen a working forfeit before. The Giants are not trying to win. They're trying to not get embarrassed...and failing.

ETA: The Giants have scored a TD, this is not a drill. The Giants have scored an offensive TD.

Edited by AimingforYoko
  • Like 1
31 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

You might want to consider watching Lions/Chargers. It will do wonders for your blood pressure. 😀

I do not have Sunday Ticket or whatever it’s called now, and FOX is not hearing my plea to switch the game over.

• Like 1
Just now, mojoween said:

I do not have Sunday Ticket or whatever it’s called now, and FOX is not hearing my plea to switch the game over.

Interesting. We have a late window double header. I figured since Nantz and Romo were calling, that everyone except those in Arizona and Atlanta would see it. Great game. 👍

30 minutes ago, AimingforYoko said:

I've never seen a working forfeit before. The Giants are not trying to win. They're trying to not get embarrassed...and failing.

This is the team that called a QB sneak on like 3rd and long in a game they were losing in to close out the Joe Judge years because they couldn't risk a forward pass.

18 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

Yay! Chargers and Detroit are tied. Go Chargers!

Totally understand.  I can so see Minnesota retaining the title.  However, I really do not need to see the Chargers win.  It would've been better earlier, but the Chiefs own them, so I can do without them taking a wildcard spot

16 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Interesting. We have a late window double header. I figured since Nantz and Romo were calling, that everyone except those in Arizona and Atlanta would see it. Great game. 👍

Yeah we didn’t get a late CBS game in this market.  If FOX is going to change we’re going to Washington/Seattle.  And since it’s 42-7 and we are still fucking here, guess this is going to play to the bitter, bitter end.

God fucking dammit I hate the fucking cowboys.

Edited by mojoween
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1
10 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Yeah we didn’t get a late CBS game in this market.  If FOX is going to change we’re going to Washington/Seattle.  And since it’s 42-7 and we are still fucking here, guess this is going to play to the bitter, bitter end.

Red Zone is awesome. They're showing the competitive game. Regular FOX is still showing the Dallas game. Yuck. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
Just now, Salacious Kitty said:

Red Zone is awesome. They're showing the competitive game. Regular FOX is still showing the Dallas game. Yuck. 

I'm on Red Zone now.  FWIW, the scene in Pittsburgh around the game was pretty tremendous, but I'm back at my place & totally got here WELL before traffic hit.  I don't know if FOX switched over, but I'm surprised they wouldn't have by now.  That's why I decided to skip the game & watch all the games at home.  Saves money, in a huge way.

More important, I avoid commercials, while having the ability to control my content

After 5 minutes or so, Scott Hanson has not switched to Giants/Cowboys.  NFLN totally gets it

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, mojoween said:

I support this statement.

Kee-riced my Steelers suck. Yet, again they win. Glad to see Joe Burrow lose again, and wow do I hate DeShaun Watson, but Pittsburgh is in the hunt and Kenny Pickoff hasn’t tanked the season…yet.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, BlackberryJam said:

I support this statement.

Kee-riced my Steelers suck. Yet, again they win. Glad to see Joe Burrow lose again, and wow do I hate DeShaun Watson, but Pittsburgh is in the hunt and Kenny Pickoff hasn’t tanked the season…yet.

There's no history of Kenny tanking as a Steeler.  He may not be the answer.  Heck, he isn't under cheapskate offensive leadership, but everyone else will be tanking if they fall to and can't handle adversity.

Man, 89-10.  Yikes.  The good news is that 89-10 changes nothing as it relates to the 2011 NFL season

Oh NOW we’re going to Seattle, why couldn’t we have done that a half hour ago, huh?

Oop never mind, last 40 seconds of the game took seventy eleven minutes.  And showed just how dirty the damn Cowboys are.

I hate DeShaun Watson too but I can only think of one specific instance when I would EVER root for Baltimore, and I would be holding my nose and crying while I did it.

Edited by mojoween
  • Sad 1
  • Fire 1

I'm wondering if it will be Tuesday or Wednesday when the league will quietly announce that yes, the officials screwed the Packers with the early whistle, botched call, and horrendous review of the lateral pass/fumble that should have been a Packers defensive touchdown.   Or will it be the usual chickenshit claim that the right call was made?   The Packers made too many mistakes during the game to pin the loss solely on this one play, but getting points from this turnover may have made a difference.  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, mojoween said:

If FOX is going to change we’re going to Washington/Seattle.  And since it’s 42-7 and we are still fucking here, guess this is going to play to the bitter, bitter end.

Thankfully, when I woke up from my halftime nap, my FOX had switched to the Seahawks game, which was a good one.  Then when it was over, those assholes sent us back to the final seconds of the Giants game.  I had been in a good mood!

Edited by Bastet
  • Sad 1
36 minutes ago, Calvada said:

I'm wondering if it will be Tuesday or Wednesday when the league will quietly announce that yes, the officials screwed the Packers with the early whistle, botched call, and horrendous review of the lateral pass/fumble that should have been a Packers defensive touchdown.   Or will it be the usual chickenshit claim that the right call was made?   The Packers made too many mistakes during the game to pin the loss solely on this one play, but getting points from this turnover may have made a difference.  

Whatever day it is, will be the day.  However, if anything happens, it'll be the league fining someone for criticizing the officials, which would be fair since they errored

I try not to wish injury on any player. But if Aaron rodgers cones back this season and gets hurt again I'm not shedding any tears. 

I heard what they said on the game.  He just 'can't get up on his toes' yet. Yeah that's exactly  what the Achilles does.  Plantar flexion of tye foot.  It's not healed. 

• Like 4
21 minutes ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

I try not to wish injury on any player. But if Aaron rodgers cones back this season and gets hurt again I'm not shedding any tears. 

I heard what they said on the game.  He just 'can't get up on his toes' yet. Yeah that's exactly  what the Achilles does.  Plantar flexion of tye foot.  It's not healed. 

Kwon Alexander of the Steelers tore an Achilles today.  Doesn't it seem there have been a lot of Achilles injuries this year?  Rodgers, Akers, Cousins, Dobbins, that Bills CB whose name I can't think of, and now Alexander.  Am I missing anyone?  Weren't there a couple of Achilles injuries in the preseason too?  That would be 8 and that seems a lot when it's only week 10.  

9 minutes ago, Calvada said:

Kwon Alexander of the Steelers tore an Achilles today.  Doesn't it seem there have been a lot of Achilles injuries this year?  Rodgers, Akers, Cousins, Dobbins, that Bills CB whose name I can't think of, and now Alexander.  Am I missing anyone?  Weren't there a couple of Achilles injuries in the preseason too?  That would be 8 and that seems a lot when it's only week 10.  

Dallas flowers of colts.