Type keyword(s) to search

NFL Thread

• Start Topic

Based off of a discussion early on, it would be totally pathetic if the NFL changed the playoff venue rules if Tampa beat Dallas.

BUT only if they changed it after the Cowboys lose to the Bucs.  That's based on what just happened, Carolina losing at home and most important...

Tampa beat Dallas IN Arlington as the road team.  Nearly shut them out

That was a great game between the Jaguars and the Cowboys. It had a little bit of everything in it. It seemed like their fans in the stadium were really excited/energized by it and their play. Terrific win for the Jaguars after coming from behind. They have been getting better lately and still have a shot at the playoffs.

• Like 1

Yeah Tony has basically been foisted on the nation today.

Because thinking about the AFC South doesn’t usually occupy much of my time, I have just learned that Jacksonville is knocking on Tennessee’s door for the division.  This afternoon’s Titans/Chargers game just got interesting.

Speaking of Dallas, they had 3 ways to clinch a playoff spot.  Now they'll need the Giants to win tonight.

Speaking of the Giants, if they tie with Washington again, I'll laugh.  Unlike fans of Arizona and the Rams.

So Cleveland, Pittsburgh, and the Raiders all survived elimination.  The Colts need the Chargers and Raiders to win.  Really just one of those two.  If they both lose, they're out

9 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Yeah Tony has basically been foisted on the nation today.

Because thinking about the AFC South doesn’t usually occupy much of my time, I have just learned that Jacksonville is knocking on Tennessee’s door for the division.  This afternoon’s Titans/Chargers game just got interesting.

Especially interesting given that Tannehill was just taken into the locker on a cart. Looks like a foot injury.

Edited by Salacious Kitty

Things aren't spectacular for Tennessee.  Jacksonville might actually take the AFC South and I wouldn't been shocked to see Vrabel exit.  Though to be fair, Tennessee wouldn't be in the playoff picture in an eight-team division (unless the AFC South and NFC South were one)

I thought the 1st time the Jets played the Bills they got some breaks and won that game.  Josh threw some interceptions that were so bad it led many to think the games were fixed.

On Thanksgiving Day I thought the Lions deserved to beat the Bills but it didnt work out.  

I thought today the Jets deserved to beat the Lions but Detroit pulled it out.

I guess my point is sometimes things are all relative when it comes to wins and losses.

Regardless,  I recommend to check out tomorrow morning super Jets fan Joe Bengino's rant.  

Edited by BlueSkies

The Patriots are an across the board dumb football team this year. Wasted time outs, penalties, low football IQ.

They had 1st and goal and cost themselves a TD twice with a TO called before a successful play with the clock running down and a false start.  Then right now another delay of game. 

Edited by Fukui San
10 minutes ago, Fukui San said:

The Patriots are an across the board dumb football team this year. Wasted time outs, penalties, low football IQ.

They had 1st and goal and cost themselves a TD twice with a TO called before a successful play with the clock running down and a false start.  Then right now another delay of game. 

No worries. Their opponent is even dumber.

True, if you have to trail by double digits, the team you’d choose to do it against is the Raiders. 

Still, the Pats got a punt blocked apparently because the snapper snapped it before they finished calling out blocking assignments. 

5 minutes ago, kathyk24 said:

Skip Blayless is having a Twitter meltdown over the Cowboys loss.

Even if I didn't already hate Dall-ass with the fire of a thousand suns, this would make it worth it to me.  Skip Bayless is a festering, purulent boil on the armpit of America.

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
14 minutes ago, Carey said:

Meh.  The Patriots have the Raiders right where they want them.  Same with Cincinnati FWIW

Yup. The Raiders blew a bigger lead just last week. And a really big lead to the fucking Cards. 

Edit...and so it begins. Carr is usually good for va pick 6 every game. 🙄

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, mojoween said:

Cincinnati can start playing like a team who is 9-4 rather than one who is 4-9 ANY fucking minute now.

They’re pressing.  Likely because they want to gain on the Cravens, who lost yesterday.

• Useful 1
51 minutes ago, Fukui San said:

True, if you have to trail by double digits, the team you’d choose to do it against is the Raiders. 

Still, the Pats got a punt blocked apparently because the snapper snapped it before they finished calling out blocking assignments. 

Or the Colts.

• LOL 1
11 minutes ago, roamyn said:

They’re pressing.  Likely because they want to gain on the Cravens, who lost yesterday.

Well well well how the turns have tabled.  Tampa is vomiting all over itself this quarter and Cincy is taking full advantage.

• Like 1

Whatever happens, Burrow and Cincy get the other half of what WRECKED dominated or were tops of the National Football League over the past one-fifth of a century next weekend at Foxborough.  That's the sentence.

Happy for the Bengals.  Right now they are up 27-17.

The Bengals/Bills Monday night game in 2 weeks I think will be the game of the year...  in the regular season.

Bengals/Bills/Chiefs are all pretty equal imo for best team in the AFC. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

And just like that, the Raiders have blown yet another big lead

Ditto for the Bucs.  This is exactly what I posted about a few days ago.  We go into the half at 17-0, a fairly comfortable lead, and by the 4th quarter the Bengals are up 27-17.  WTF, Bucs?

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, kathyk24 said:

Matt Patricia is a terrible offensive coordinator. I have no clue why Mac Jones didn't try a quarterback sneak from the one yard line. Skip Blayless is having a Twitter meltdown over the Cowboys loss.

His tweets are funny. Especially where he takes four lines to say NO!.

• LOL 1
Just now, meowmommy said:

They weren't.  Belichick must be strangling right about now.

Fuck New England.  TB too.  The past 21 years had a ton of potential, and someone was around way too long to wreck it.  Meanwhile, Cincinnati/Buffalo the AFC winner might bring Dallas and San Francisco back to their winning ways!

• Like 1
  • Love 1