Type keyword(s) to search

NFL Thread

• Start Topic

If anybody's an insomniac, the Vikings/Colts game will be shown at 11:00 pm Central time.

Aw, I see the MLB  channel is replaying the 7th game of the 1991 World Series right now. Twins vs Braves. It's in a series called MLB's Greatest Games. Morris vs Glavin (think it was Glavin).

Edited by Lamb18
  • Wink 1
18 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

If anybody's an insomniac, the Vikings/Colts game will be shown at 11:00 pm Central time.

Aw, I see the MLB  channel is replaying the 7th game of the 1991 World Series right now. Twins vs Braves. It's in a series called MLB's Greatest Games. Morris vs Glavin (think it was Glavin).

Smoltz.

47 minutes ago, twoods said:

Looked like Miami was trying to let Singletary score. Kudos to him for falling down. 

I don't know.  He didn't get the first down.  And it's not like there was a ton of time on the clock.  Had they not made the FG, they would have wished they took the TD.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I don't know if I feel like it's karma or if if it's schadenfreude but it's not simply because about firing "a mediocre coach."  It's about firing Reich and then hiring someone who had only taught high school.

Hiring Jeff Saturday was dumb but has nothing to do with Reich. 

I don't know why everyone is on Matt Ryan for the Colts' loss.  He got them to 36 points.  That should be enough to win a game.  (Yes, a few points in the second half would have helped too.)  But what happened to the defense during half time?  Why did they suddenly decide to go cold?  Jim Irsay must be flipping out.  He'll absolutely clean house ASAP.  

As soon as the Vikings scored their first TD I said to my husband "the Colts are going to lose, aren't they?"

57 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I don't know why everyone is on Matt Ryan for the Colts' loss.  He got them to 36 points.  That should be enough to win a game.  (Yes, a few points in the second half would have helped too.)  But what happened to the defense during half time?  Why did they suddenly decide to go cold?  Jim Irsay must be flipping out.  He'll absolutely clean house ASAP.  

As soon as the Vikings scored their first TD I said to my husband "the Colts are going to lose, aren't they?"

The d actually scored 14 of the points. 

Look I dont dispute the colts season is a wholesale failure all around for many many bad decisions by irsay Ballard and the coaches. Brought this on themselves and blowing that lead this season is the end result of it all. 

Matt ryan was awful the second half but so was the play calling and decisions. And the D. 

I thought the 33 point quarter vs Dallas was rock bottom for this team but no, they topped it

And still have 3 weeks left to see how they can amaze us even worse!

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, BlueSkies said:

The Bills comeback in 1993 was still better/more impressive imo.

Today it's a more offensive friendly league and there was no 2 point opportunities allowed in the 92 season 

If I remember correctly they actually took the lead in regulation time.

1 hour ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

The d actually scored 14 of the points. 

This is true. Good point. I blame the failure of the D on coaching. We know there is a lot of talent, how could they be so ineffective in the 2nd half?

Did anyone see any breaking news on Irsay firing Jeff Saturday?  I didn't see anything on television, but it was decent speculation I came up with "stole" with Argentina's current World Cup performance

On a related note, I did NOT see anything breaking on the Colts trading Matt Ryan to Argentina either

• LOL 2

Eleventh Hour Week 15 Predictions!

Dallas/Jacksonville
Cowboys favored by 3.5
47.5 O/U
Jaguars & over (Cowboys escape outright)

Cincinnati/Tampa Bay
Bengals favored by 3.5
46.5 O/U
Bengals & under

Giants/Commanders
Washington favored by 4.5
40.5 O/U
New York and under (Washington survives outright)

Rams/Packers
Green Bay favored by 7
39.5 O/U
Packers and over

I think Dallas and Washington will win their games but their foes in the Jaguars and Giants will cover

Other picks include: New York, Kansas City, Carolina, Los Angeles, Philadelphia, New Orleans, Las Vegas, Denver.  Straight up, no odds here

***Another note, or more: 4 of 14 spots clinched, though not necessarily the slotting.  Indianapolis, Las Vegas, Pittsburgh, Arizona, New Orleans, and the Rams can all be eliminated from playoff contention this weekend***

Edited by Carey
Tags and other stuff
3 hours ago, DrSpaceman73 said:
3 hours ago, BlueSkies said:

The Bills comeback in 1993 was still better/more impressive imo.

Today it's a more offensive friendly league and there was no 2 point opportunities allowed in the 92 season 

If I remember correctly they actually took the lead in regulation time.

They did.  In fact, Houston won the coin toss for OT, and this was 2 decades prior to the overtime change where you needed a TD to win on the first possession.  However, Moon turned it over and that was it

• Useful 1

Watching the Bears/Eagles game. Ndamukong Suh shows his usual charm and sportsmanship by slamming Fields on the back of his head and giving Fields a neck block after he was down. Of course the refs didn't call it.

I picked Eagles to win bur I kind of want Bears to win. Now that Vikings won the division, it doesn't matter if the rest of the division wins or loses (except when they play the Vikings).

Chicago offensive line needs to protect Fields better.

Score 0-0 at the end of the 1st quarter.

Justin Fields was almost sacked, then ran all the way into the end zone. Unfortunately he stepped out of bounds on the 9.

But Bears scored on the next play, but their kicker missed the extra point.  6-3, Bears ahead.

Edited by Lamb18

I thought "Dem Boys" are going to have a stroll in the park against the Jaguars. Instead, Trevor Lawrence & the Jaguars are giving it to those losers & then some. They just took the lead on "Dem Boys" 31-27. Hopefully, the Jaguars can finish the job, unlike those sucky scummy Texans last week.

Edited by Magog
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

I see Jaguars are hanging in there only 3 points behind Vowboys. End of 3rd quarter, Eagles are ahead of Bears, 17-13. Houston's  within 1 point of Chiefs, 22-21.

And Jaguars just pulled ahead of Cowboys! 31-27.

Justin Fields always looks like he's about to cry.

• Useful 1

I'm actually okay if Jacksonville survives.  I went against Dallas 2 weeks ago or whenever against Indy (ATS, still picked them to win).  Dallas blew out Indy, but then with a 17.5 spread, they barely escaped vs Houston.  Texas would've covered 7.5.  So this time, I went back to thinking the Cowboys are giving way too many.  Jacksonville is coming along.  However, Dallas might be looking to Philadelphia more than Philly is looking at "America's Team"

Just now, Xeliou66 said:

FUCK THE SAINTS. I’m so fucking sick of the Falcons shitting the bed and losing close games, especially to the goddamn Saints.

And how the fuck are the Chiefs and Texans tied? 

That's what they call fuckin' Division Football Baby!  Plus a sprinkle of parity!!

Ha! Fields is back in the game. Eagles defenders are chasing him, he's scrambling, the throws a long one down the field which is caught just a few yards out of the end zone, and the receiver runs it in. So now it's 25-20, Eagles.

Several games headed into OT.  Barring expected scoring FTW, this week might help to do away with games ending in a tie.

Edited because the Jets suck

Edited by Carey
2 not 3 OT games. Jets said no thanks to winning
1 minute ago, Lamb18 said:

Is the Steelers game over? Looks like Detroit won. Quest for the seventh seed continues!

Steelers game is over.  They won.  So they avoid elimination while Tomlin's NO-losing season thing continues

Walkoff For Kansas City!!!!!