Type keyword(s) to search

NFL Thread

• Start Topic

Jesus christ rams.  Absolutely mismanaged that ending. Really three straight sideline passes out of bounds ?  Cooper kupp...run for the first down!  I think he could have had it.  

Oh well bucs and rams both still suck this year. 

Colts literally one of the worst offensive showings I've ever seen. 9 sacks. 2 yards per play. Barely 100 yards. Offensive line is historically bad. Already 35 sacks on the season. It's not on ehlinger. When he has time he looks pretty good. 

The Pats only had like 200 yards and 3.3 yards per play and won easily. 

• Love 3

God, how I wish the Bengals had held onto that small lead in the Super Bowl for another/the remaining 90 seconds.  They're not playing spectacularly this season, but at least they're not completely embarrassing like our reigning SB champions are.

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

Seahawks beat the Cards 31-21, Seahawks have been one of the biggest surprises of the season, particularly how well Geno Smith has played. I think Kliff is gone in Arizona, he’s just not getting the job done, they are underperforming and wasting Kyler Murray’s talent and are headed for the NFC West cellar it appears.

I have been very impressed with the Seahawks this year. They have been a pleasant surprise. Pete has been doing a very good job of coaching them, rookie Kenneth Walker has been playing well and the defense has been doing a nice job as well. I am also happy for Geno Smith. This is a nice story/good comeback for him. It's nice to see him playing well after struggling during his earlier years in the league. He (and the team) looks legitimate and they all seem to believe in each other. 

I am also surprised by the Jets this year. They have been playing well the past few weeks and their win against Buffalo today was big. I wonder how well they will end up doing this year. 

Edited by Jx223
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Jx223 said:

I have been very impressed with the Seahawks this year. They have been a pleasant surprise. Pete has been doing a very good job of coaching them, rookie Kenneth Walker has been playing well and the defense has been doing a nice job as well. I am also happy for Geno Smith. This is a nice story/good comeback for him. It's nice to see him playing well after struggling during his earlier years in the league. He (and the team) looks legitimate and they all seem to believe in each other. 

I am also surprised by the Jets this year. They have been playing well the past few weeks and their win against Buffalo today was big. I wonder how well they will end up doing this year. 

I had a feeling the Jets would be much improved - they had the best draft of anyone IMO and I thought Wilson would improve in his second season. I didn’t know they would be 6-3 but it doesn’t surprise me they are pretty good. The Giants have been a bigger surprise for me, I didn’t see their strong start coming, Giants and Seahawks have been the 2 biggest surprise teams for me and it will be interesting to see how both of them do down the stretch. 

• Love 2

I'm watching the second half of the Vikings/Commanders game. That touchdown at the beginning of the half made me so mad! That referee was like a 12th player for the Commanders the way he knocked over Bynum, who could have prevented the touchdown. Plus wasn't the ball carrier down? How can he roll on the ground into the end zone and that be a touchdown?

I know this game has a happy ending, so I'm not super duper miffed but I think a play in which a referee has physically interfered/influenced a game should be called dead.

2 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

I'm watching the second half of the Vikings/Commanders game. That touchdown at the beginning of the half made me so mad! That referee was like a 12th player for the Commanders the way he knocked over Bynum, who could have prevented the touchdown. Plus wasn't the ball carrier down? How can he roll on the ground into the end zone and that be a touchdown?

I know this game has a happy ending, so I'm not super duper miffed but I think a play in which a referee has physically interfered/influenced a game should be called dead.

I hate it when refs ruin a play like that.  Happened to the colts this year too on a similar long pass. How is the ref in the middle of that?  I know they are part of the ....whatever you call it, play and its no penalty but still sucks. And it's a critical mistake by the refs.  

No one touched him though before he rolled into the end zone. 

17 minutes ago, twoods said:

Who would have thought that the Seahawks would be leading their division?

I gotta give Geno Smith some props.  I remember when he was drafted by the Jets and that didn't work out for the most part.  I thought he was finished in the league like many other young QBs are.  Ex: EJ Manuel and Johnny Manziel, 

It still shows to me redemption stories can still be a thing in the NFL 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

The fact is, it was a tough game to pick.  You can't count out Brady, though he's somehow winless against a guy named Lamar.

It was a tough game to pick since both teams are struggling.  Based on the circumstances, I probably should've predicted a tie instead of a win for someone.  For betting purposes, I'd stay away (and I did actually).

I think if TB12 doesn't lose twice to the Rams, and I think both were at Raymond James Stadium, it would have been a much basic pick.

That's football.  Really all of sports.  You're mad when you're wrong, but nobody's perfect

8 minutes ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

I hate it when refs ruin a play like that.  Happened to the colts this year too on a similar long pass. How is the ref in the middle of that?  I know they are part of the ....whatever you call it, play and its no penalty but still sucks. And it's a critical mistake by the refs.  

No one touched him though before he rolled into the end zone. 

So if the ball carrier trips over his feet, falls flat on his face and scoots himself into the end zone, it's a touchdown if no one touches him and he's still carrying the ball?

1 minute ago, Lady Whistleup said:

The Rams defense in the last minutes of the 4th quarter was atrocious.

As a Buc's fan, I was shocked by the defense in those moments too.  Maybe they were just worn out.  I was just in central Florida a few days ago and it was hot and humid, so it's probably worse down there in Tampa.  That alone is draining!  

• LOL 1
2 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

So if the ball carrier trips over his feet, falls flat on his face and scoots himself into the end zone, it's a touchdown if no one touches him and he's still carrying the ball?

If you aren't touched, you can pretty much do the Worm on the way to scoring a touchdown, something Jakobi Meyers pretty much did earlier this year against the Bears (The Patriots' only highlight that game)

• LOL 1
3 minutes ago, Fukui San said:

If you aren't touched, you can pretty much do the Worm on the way to scoring a touchdown

As long as the refs don't claim you "gave yourself up."

I thought LA was going to bungle itself into a win after TB had to use a time out six seconds before the two minute warning because they couldn't get a play off.  Nah.

I was just looking at week 1 power rankings.  The NFL.com guy had LA 2nd, TB 4th, and GB 6th.  And that's why you play the games. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
56 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

Yes if you are nor touched you are not down in the nfl.  Different than college

58 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

The Rams defense in the last minutes of the 4th quarter was atrocious. No excuse for that.

They were exhausted. They just stopped a fourth down and goal play in the heat, and they had to go on the field again and stop them. I blame the offense because they played like they were just trying to run out the clock and eek out a win, instead of scoring more points. I’m just happy they won the SB last year because they are absolute trash this year, except for Kupp.

• Love 2

Excellent game, Titans up 14-9 at halftime. Chiefs got off to a great start with Mahomes and the Chiefs moving the ball well, then Henry broke off some runs and the Titans came back and took the lead. Two very good teams, and I’m impressed with Malik Willis as well, he’s doing a very good job in only his second start. Should be a fun second half.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Terrible play call by the Chiefs on 3rd down - giving it to the FB who’s only carried it twice all season instead of keeping it with Mahomes. Fucking awful.

Edwards-Helaire runs it for the 4th down - gutsy call by Andy Reid to go for it on 4th down.

15 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Titans only had one first down in the second half. Wow.

It’s a wonder that the Titans defense kept the Chiefs in check and didn’t get blown out by a few touchdowns by how long they were out on the field. Tannehill was definitely missed in the second half.

Edited by twoods
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, twoods said:

It’s a wonder that the Titans defense kept the Chiefs in check and didn’t get blown out by a few touchdowns by how long they were out on the field. Tannehill was definitely missed in the second half.

Yeah I’m not sure if Malik Willis is an NFL caliber QB, he certainly isn’t ready, and it’s amazing that the Titans didn’t complete a pass to a receiver, you just can’t win games that way, especially not against strong teams on the road. Derrick Henry plus a solid defensive performance, particularly in the middle of the game, kept the Titans in it but they didn’t have enough to win. I think they still would’ve lost with Tannehill, I don’t think Tannehill is that great, but they would’ve at least completed a pass to a receiver with him.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
44 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Damn Titans, that was pathetic. 

What a craptastic sports weekend. The only highlight was Bama losing. Other than that, every single team I rooted for lost. Often spectacularly. 😭

How was the Titans performance pathetic? They took the Chiefs into OT at Arrowhead with a rookie QB making his second start. I thought they played pretty well considering that.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

The Bucs needed that win, and even with the holes they have they are still the favorites to win the weak NFC South.

Mr. Chat and I were joking how the Bucs - with their losing record - could still win their division!  Some of our receivers can't catch a ball to save their life.  What's going on guys? ;) 

• Love 1

God I hate gambling.  WHY were the Jets 10.5 point dogs against Buffalo?  That’s stupid.  And Houston was a double-digit underdog last Thursday, and covered.  I mean, yes 38-3 happens, but less frequently than, say, 20-17 (which was the final score in at least three games yesterday).

I figured out why the Rams suck this year.   it came to me during the Chiefs game.   The Chunky Soup Curse.   The COACH is doing the commercial.   With the coach taken out by the Curse, the whole team sucks.  

Of course Tom won.   The jokes about him being 1-0 post divorce are  ... not funny.   

Why aren't the Packers going with Jordan Love?   Because they've seen him play when Rodgers was out with injuries.   Right now, they think a sucky Rodgers is the better option.   What does that tell you?

Chiefs could NOT get anything going.   Malik Willis did a fine job in a game against a very good team.   For only his 2nd start, he did very well.   But when the Chiefs won the toss in OT, you could tell they were like "been here, done that, we can do it again."   And they did.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

Chiefs with a great defensive stand and they win it in OT 20-17!! Terrific game between two great teams.

Four games with a score of 20-17! Another with 20-29, and one with 27-17. This seems to be a low scoring season.

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

Four games with a score of 20-17! Another with 20-29, and one with 27-17. This seems to be a low scoring season.

I prefer these close games.  Blowouts are not fun to watch unless of course it is your team blowing people out.

1 hour ago, merylinkid said:

Why aren't the Packers going with Jordan Love?   Because they've seen him play when Rodgers was out with injuries.   Right now, they think a sucky Rodgers is the better option.   What does that tell you?

Then they need to start thinking about drafting another QB.  My apologies to Packers fans but I am so enjoying Rodgers troubles.  I was always so what who cares with regards to him but his recent  off the field antics made me dislike him so very much.  

• Like 5
  • Love 4
27 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:
1 hour ago, Lamb18 said:

I prefer these close games.  Blowouts are not fun to watch unless of course it is your team blowing people out.

Or if its the Cowboys getting blown out. I always enjoy those.

Thankfully, we won't have to worry about those sorry, sucky, scummy Rams for the rest of the season after those losers found a way to mess it up in the 4th Quarter & made Tom Brady a hero once again. That really pisses me off. Of Course, Tom Brady always finding ways to piss me off as usual.

34 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

Then they need to start thinking about drafting another QB.  My apologies to Packers fans but I am so enjoying Rodgers troubles.  I was always so what who cares with regards to him but his recent  off the field antics made me dislike him so very much. 

I enjoyed it too. His absolute sadness over the Packers losing week after week is bring me lots of joy. Its sucks that I have to root for his sorry ass in their next game, against those wretched scummy Cowboys.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, merylinkid said:

I figured out why the Rams suck this year.   it came to me during the Chiefs game.   The Chunky Soup Curse.   The COACH is doing the commercial.   With the coach taken out by the Curse, the whole team sucks.  

Of course Tom won.   The jokes about him being 1-0 post divorce are  ... not funny.   

Chiefs could NOT get anything going.   Malik Willis did a fine job in a game against a very good team.   For only his 2nd start, he did very well.   But when the Chiefs won the toss in OT, you could tell they were like "been here, done that, we can do it again."   And they did.

Rushing the malik wills did great. 

Passing he was 5 of 16 for 80 yards.not nfl caliber 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Now or in the off season?  Because now?  They're going with Rodgers because they're paying him $50 million a year.  But I do think Rodgers is injured and they should have benched him for a few weeks so he could heal. 

59 minutes ago, Magog said:

Its sucks that I have to root for his sorry ass in their next game, against those wretched scummy Cowboys.

It's funny because I'm a Packers fan who is so over Rodgers.  And he got McCarthy fired.  I think it would absolutely kill him to see McCarthy win a 2nd Super Bowl before he does. And that's why, as much as I hate the Cowboys, I sort of root for them to take it all this year just because it'll eat him up.  

1 hour ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

Frank Reich fired. 

Not a surprise. 

Not surprised at all - the Colts have been a disaster this year, especially on offense, and that comes after missing the playoffs when they should’ve made it last year.

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

I'm dumbfounded.  I figured Reich was done after yesterday but thought John fox or hus Bradley would step in.

Maybe they're tanking their season to get Andrew Luck...

<steps out of time machine>

• LOL 13
38 minutes ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

Jeff Saturday as interim coach....

I'm dumbfounded.  I figured Reich was done after yesterday but thought John fox or hus Bradley would step in. Saturday?  Zero head coaching experience. 

Hey now, you're discounting his legendary experience as head coach of the Hebron Christian Academy.

Season 7 Nbc GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

If a guy can't go from high school (and middle school?) head coach to NFL head coach then what hope is there for the rest of us?

But seriously, when I heard the name, I thought for sure I must have missed him joining the Colts coaching staff recently in some way.  But nope.  It appears he was doing...nothing?

And I can't imagine how I'd feel if I were a member of the team, either one with former NFL head coaching experience or even an up and coming potential HC candidate.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1