Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E10: One Night in Yerevan

paigow
  • Start Topic

Zap2it:

Mickey realizes the consequences of giving in to Muncie; Ray devises a two-sided fix for Mickey; Bridget gets into a fight at school, prompting Abby to look into her bizarre behavior.

FYI: As of 2011, the population of Yerevan was 1,060,138, making up to 35.1% of the total population of Armenia.

Gah.  Those fucking braces.  

I was enjoying the Ray and Abby dynamic the last few weeks.  It was obvious it wasn't going to last, but I'm bummed that Tinsel Teeth ruined it, if only because I don't want to watch needy Abby anymore.  Maybe she's over it though and won't react by being needy and shrill.

I'm going to be so bitter if Avi ends up going down for fixing that murder for the asshole Finneys.

I hope that the Bridget and her teacher storyline is done.  

I wonder how long Mickey will stay away, or if he'll even go.  It almost looked like there was a brief flash of disappointment on Ray's face in response to Mickey agreeing to go so easily.  Hopefully Darrel learned the hard lesson of never teaming up with Mick.  

Connor didn't do anything annoying, but he remains stupid.

The banquet hall the Armenian mafia runs out of is in Reseda, not Glendale. Color me surprised.

• Love 1

OK Cochran may have realized the poker in the secret stash was the one from Finney's home -- though it seems unlikely that he'd notice it missing.

However, he doesn't know it's the murder weapon.  For all he knows, Avi or Ray swiped it from Finney because they liked it.  Now is Finney going to cave and tell Cochran its significance?

Ray better be proud of his 3%, how Conor is impressed.  Considering what he had to do with metal mouth to earn it.

• Love 2

Female voice calls into bathroom: "Andrew, Paige is looking for you." Andrew Finney proceeds to try and drown himself to keep from talking to his daughter. Oh, Andrew, I feel your pain.

I'm not sure why Katie Holmes bothers me so much. I haven't seen much of anything that she has been in since Dawson's Creek 100 years ago, and don't remember thinking she was irritating as soon as she showed up on screen. I watched the Batman movie in the theater with my son, and think that I didn't care for her portrayal in it, either, but can't really remember because it was so long ago. In this show, she just bugs. So does the daughter's character, and Theresa started off irritating me, but has improved since the wrote something for her as opposed to just being dominate to Bunchy and bitchy to everyone else.

• Love 4

I'm not sure why Katie Holmes bothers me so much. I haven't seen much of anything that she has been in since Dawson's Creek 100 years ago, and don't remember thinking she was irritating as soon as she showed up on screen. I watched the Batman movie in the theater with my son, and think that I didn't care for her portrayal in it, either, but can't really remember because it was so long ago. In this show, she just bugs. So does the daughter's character, and Theresa started off irritating me, but has improved since the wrote something for her as opposed to just being dominate to Bunchy and bitchy to everyone else.

She bothers me too! I think she is just miscast, and the "Invisalign" doesn't do her any favors. That line made me laugh out loud.

• Love 5

She bothers me too! I think she is just miscast, and the "Invisalign" doesn't do her any favors. That line made me laugh out loud.

The Invisalign comment was the highlight of the episode!   That, and the Armenia mob leading grandma switching gears in a heartbeat from having Mickey beaten in front of her to having some nice photos taken with the singer to hang at the venue.   

• Love 5

I wonder how long Mickey will stay away, or if he'll even go.  It almost looked like there was a brief flash of disappointment on Ray's face in response to Mickey agreeing to go so easily. .  

For me, Ray just realized that Mickey is lying....and silently passed a death sentence.

• Love 3

Cochran noticing the poker was missing among all the other fireplace implements and then deducing that was a potential murder weapon was a real stretch.

Prune Face telling a washed-up Mickey that she owns him didn't exactly impress me with the power of the Armenian mob.  I felt like I was watching Grumpy Old Men.

I think I enjoyed the episode most for Terry's pained expressions at realizing how screwed-up Ray's home really is, and how soon can he get out of there?

I guess Bunchy was away on his honeymoon this week.

Cochran's Invisalign crack was great, he basically said what we've all been thinking all season.

And lastly, let this sorry episode of Bridget and her teacher be a cautionary tale to anyone who is considering an affair with a high school girl.  There's just no way it's not going to come out into the open, especially in this day and age with all the social media and electronic communication.  And all Abby needed was to find a bottle of pills.

• Love 4

Cochran's line about the braces (and freak show!) were a highlight for me. I really did "lol". However how the weapon thing came together is too Law and Order convenient for me. Of course he notices the missing fireplace item and of course it's in one of those pictures. Okay. Sure.

There needs to be more Avi. The dancing and "dick pick".... awesome.

As a huge Person Of Interest fan, it was weird seeing Sarah Shahi (who played the singer) walking into that confrontation and not grabbing a gun/taking the whole room out. Maybe it was suppose to be part of her characters look being a star and all, but I'm really questioning the make up on this show since I do believe Katie Holmes is better looking than the show is making her and now Sarah didn't look as good as when she's playing an assassin, her face is prettier than how it looked last night.

I don't dislike Daryl but Ray was spot on about him not catching on about Mickey. I knew from the second the conservatership was mentioned Ray was going to use that against Mickey, and I couldn't wait for him to lower that boom.

• Love 1

Heh, Ray's probably wishing for the good ol' days when the all the gangsters he had to deal with were either Italian or Irish.

Ed Cochran is a complete douchebag but I like that he knows how to come back at Ray at his level. And when he said he schooled at the knee of the master who was he talking about?

Bridget thinks she's in love with her teacher? I thought she was just working him to get better grades. Ugh, Ray and Abby are the worst. It's a wonder their kids aren't out on street corners turning tricks and selling drugs. Ray and Abby would have no clue.

Cochran noticing the poker was missing among all the other fireplace implements and then deducing that was a potential murder weapon was a real stretch.

Hadn't he also noticed something odd about the fireplace? Like it was either a little too clean or that there was a bit of blood splatter on the painting above it? If so, I don't think it would be so much of a stretch for someone with his professional background and training to put two and two together and surmise that the answer is probably four.
  • Love 3

As a huge Person Of Interest fan, it was weird seeing Sarah Shahi (who played the singer) walking into that confrontation and not grabbing a gun/taking the whole room out.

I didn't put that together.  Thanks for pointing it out.  I'm going to have to go back and rewatch now, not a big chore, but with extra motive to pay attention.  

I thought it was a stretch because at that point he had only just asked where the husband was, it's not like he had been missing for months or anything.  And very conveniently he zeros in on the fireplace and notices one out of four implements or whatever was missing.  It was just very needle in a haystack.  He could have been standing in the kitchen and noticed a knife missing from the knife block and deduced, yeah, Finney stabbed him!  If murders were  solved this fast, the FBI would be solving cases right and left.

• Love 6

I didn't put that together.  Thanks for pointing it out.  I'm going to have to go back and rewatch now, not a big chore, but with extra motive to pay attention.  

I got home just in time to see the closing credits and notice she was in the episode and then went back and watched and decided she was the singer because that was the only person she could be.  Admittedly, I'm horrible at faces, but it was hard to recognize her because she wasn't as pretty as she normally is. 

The whole time that Avi was at Cochran's desk, I was yelling, "Hurry up! Get out of there before Cochran comes back and sees you!" Then Avi had to go overboard and take a picture of his junk. Worst idea ever! That is going come back to bite him in the ass.

If he goes to prison because of his role in Paige's husband's murder, I am going to be so mad. Even though Cochran has the murder weapon, do they have any DNA to match it to Verrick? Anyway, loved Avi dancing while Lena was doing research and on the phone with Ray.

I want Abby and Terry to stay platonic friends but I also don't want to see any of Ray feeling left out or jealous of their relationship. Poor Terry. He looked as sad as Connor when Joey Potter showed up and mom and dad were fighting.

I still can't take Susan Ross's mom as the head of the Armenian mob seriously.

I'm really questioning the make up on this show since I do believe Katie Holmes is better looking than the show is making her and now Sarah didn't look as good as when she's playing an assassin, her face is prettier than how it looked last night.

ITA - Katie's hair has looked absolutely fried to the point where I want to give her a hot oil treatment (while I high five her for escaping Tom Cruise) and Sarah Shahi looked terrible. The dresses they put her in did her no favors (nor did the tacky lines they gave her at the beginning of the episode). She always looked so sleek and pretty in a minimalist/no makeup kind of way on Person of Interest but she was almost unrecognizable in this episode due to the terrible makeup and costuming.

• Love 1

Much as I love seeing Hank Azaria slither back into this show, I hate that they seem to have dumbed Ray & team waaay down in order to leave a big obvious bread crumb trail for Cochran to follow.

The Ray, Avi, and Lena we know & love (in their professional capacities & competencies anyway) would never keep a storage unit in their real name, rented on a real credit card, with shelves full of murder weapons/blackmail items/crucial client leverage, just sitting there in plain sight in jumbo Ziploc bags. Nor would they be fucking around a private investigation/security firm that must have cameras everywhere and unzipping for a dick pic, instead of say, browsing the workstation to see that Cochran has discovered the fake border crossing by Avi and the break-in to the storage unit... So much stupid! And then it looks like next week the burial site is given away because Ray doesn't think enough to either disable the GPS on his fancy car or use a different car for the body dump.

The setup for Cochran's vendetta just depends on Ray-Avi-Lena having a collective attack of incompetence, IMO

Edited by Margherita Erdman
  • Love 4

Avi is sexy! I love this show Katy is a freakshow

I know this shouldn't matter, and the character of Avi is great, but in my head all all I can see is the gross perv actor with his eighteen year old girlfriend who looks even younger. And yes it's legal , but I can be, and am, still grossed out by it.

And shame on the casting director for choosing Katie Holmes for this role. Just a really bad choice, and I won't even get into the stupidity of the braces. Her talking out of the side of her mouth bugged the crap out of me when she was Joey Potter, but here it is beyond distracting and annoying.