Type keyword(s) to search

Preach it!: Preacher in the Media

Meredith Quill
  • Start Topic

From the first link:

"...and we can’t wait to move forward and work our asses off to make it the best it can be.”

Shouldn't that be arsefaces? 

I am hopeful that with Dominic Cooper and Ruth Negga (1940s Howard Stark and current-day Raina of the flowered dresses, MCU-wise) will be most excellent in their respective roles. Ms. Negga has an ability to take scant material and make a meal out of it, so having a fully-formed character should give her a stronger place to jump into Tulip!

::crossing my fingers for luck::

I have a weakness for blind item vinyl figures. You buy the box, open that up as well as the wrapping, and you hope you get something good. Well, Titan is coming out with Preacher figures based on the first season. Here's the announcement; with the broken image link, I wound up going here for visuals. They're going to be released in October. Between that and the Archer line, I might just drop a big wad of money at the Titan booth during New York Comic Con and shove a few dozen random boxes into a bag.

Shouldn't "God" be in quotation marks?

On 6/13/2016 at 11:49 AM, Iamsweetdee said:

Read the article -- Oh my fucking God -- they can't write the words "sex" and "pervert" without removing the vowels?  Jesus Lord.  Seriously?  And these (slightly less than*) 1,000,000 Moms can't write the word "sex" and expect to be taken seriously?  No.  I stop reading.  Laugh.  And go back to reading and get to "p-rv-rt" and start laughing again.

Go home, ladies, and let's try that again.

Outrage is fine and fair.  Yours to have peacefully.  But, please, act like adults if you want to be taken as adults.

*the number is quoted in the article

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Captanne said:

Read the article -- Oh my fucking God -- they can't write the words "sex" and "pervert" without removing the vowels?  Jesus Lord.  Seriously?  And these (slightly less than*) 1,000,000 Moms can't write the word "sex" and expect to be taken seriously?  No.  I stop reading.  Laugh.  And go back to reading and get to "p-rv-rt" and start laughing again.

Go home, ladies, and let's try that again.

Outrage is fine and fair.  Yours to have peacefully.  But, please, act like adults if you want to be taken as adults.

*the number is quoted in the article

If I wasn't already watching, I would probably start after reading that article. All the s-x p-rverts!!

• Love 1
On 6/27/2017 at 2:11 AM, Lantern7 said:

I have a weakness for blind item vinyl figures. You buy the box, open that up as well as the wrapping, and you hope you get something good. Well, Titan is coming out with Preacher figures based on the first season. Here's the announcement; with the broken image link, I wound up going here for visuals. They're going to be released in October. Between that and the Archer line, I might just drop a big wad of money at the Titan booth during New York Comic Con and shove a few dozen random boxes into a bag.

Update: I didn't see them at NYCC, but I've bought two boxes . . . and got Eugene. Twice. Man, I hate when that happens. Anybody else get one of those? I'd start a merch thread, but I don't know if Preacher apparel and other stuff is out there.

Oh Shit! It’s just been announced that Season 4 will be the last ever, and it will be premiering on August 4th, I understand that there was only so far they could take the story, but even so, it’s a kick in the balls for something that was so different and so damn entertaining, that hasn’t put me in a good mood 😤🤯

8 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

Oh Shit! It’s just been announced that Season 4 will be the last ever, and it will be premiering on August 4th, I understand that there was only so far they could take the story, but even so, it’s a kick in the balls for something that was so different and so damn entertaining, that hasn’t put me in a good mood 😤🤯

At least they gave them plenty of notice so there will not be any filler or season cliffhangers.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

At least they gave them plenty of notice so there will not be any filler or season cliffhangers.

I love the show, AND I am happy it’s ending.  If they make this season as taught as possible, they should be able to pack in a lot of story.

• Love 1
(edited)

I've read the comics, and I think they could squeeze at least 2 more seasons out of the show. I know the ratings are pretty bad, and they've sunk year by year, so I'm not surprised. 

Unpopular opinion: although I like the show and would definitely keep watching it, I don't think it was ever as good as it could've been. More style over substance, IMO. 

Edited by Superclam

That's disappointing. Were the ratings that low? I know they probably couldn't compare to the numbers of anything Walking Dead, but it's still disappointing.

*sigh* Who knows how long we'll have to wait for something to be ported from the twisted mind of Garth Ennis. Oh, wait.

• Love 1
51 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

Aw, hell. The end is near.

Oh man, it may 'criminaly' be the last ever season, but by Jesus it looks as though its going to be a classic.

Arseface at the gloryhole! he's certainly got the perfect mouth for it 😱, how the hell can they cancel this show?

• LOL 1

Press release and 1st new promo,

"Visions of the apocalypse plague Jesse as he and Tulip get ready to strike Masada, where Cassidy is trapped, but Grail and Starr are ready for their assault; Jesse tries to find an unusual rock formation; Tulip attempts to rescue Cassidy."

preacher-episode-401-masada-promotional-photo-01_595.jpg

56 minutes ago, Superclam said:

I'll watch the whole premiere live, but I see it's going to be on at 10 for the rest of the season. I'll have to DVR; that's too late for this old guy. 

Since the premiere is 2 hours long, it will still be on at 10, have your DVD ready.

• Love 1

I've got an idea as to how we can keep this great show going, keeping with the Kirkman / AMC link up, how cool would it be to see our trio dealing with the outbreak of a zombie apocalypse? I think it would be a damn sight more entertaining than the drudgery the other two shows are currently providing. Hell, i'm sure they could include our favourites, Starr,The Saint, Arse Face, God, even old Adolph, what a ride that would be!

• LOL 2
2 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

I've got an idea as to how we can keep this great show going, keeping with the Kirkman / AMC link up, how cool would it be to see our trio dealing with the outbreak of a zombie apocalypse? I think it would be a damn sight more entertaining than the drudgery the other two shows are currently providing. Hell, i'm sure they could include our favourites, Starr,The Saint, Arse Face, God, even old Adolph, what a ride that would be!

I'd watch it. 

3 hours ago, AngelKitty said:

There's no way I could stay up that late. These days I'm falling asleep around 9:30. But then, I'm getting up at 4:30.

I'm 10:30 to about 5. I don't even use an alarm clock any more; I just wake up. 

• Love 1