Type keyword(s) to search

S21: Tamar Braxton: Dancing All The Way Home

• Start Topic

TAMAR BRAXTON is a Grammy-nominated singer, talk show host, and reality television personality. A veteran performer who began singing backup vocals for her older sister Toni at age 12, Tamar Braxton was also a founding member of R&B group The Braxtons with Toni and their siblings Traci, Towanda and Trina. Tamar's third solo album, Calling All Lovers, releases September 11, 2015. Tamar executive produces and stars with her sisters in the WE tv reality hit Braxton Family Values, as well as the spinoff Tamar & Vince, with her music manager husband Vince Herbert. Elsewhere on the TV front, Braxton co-hosts and produces the daytime talk show, The Real. PRO DANCE PARTNER: VALENTIN CHMERKOVSKIY

tv_tamar_braxton_herbert_bio_460x460.jpg

I can't believe this! What an awesome surprise. Tamar has waaaaay more personality than her sister Toni and has a legitimate career of her own. She is untrained but pretty good at learning choreography and a perfectionist so have high hopes! At the very least, she's entertaining. OMG and she's with Val! :D

Edited by anonymiss
  • Love 1

I can't believe this! What an awesome surprise. Tamar has waaaaay more personality than her sister Toni and has a legitimate career of her own. She is untrained but pretty good at learning choreography and a perfectionist so have high hopes! At the very least, she's entertaining. OMG and she's with Val! :D

What is her "legitimate" career?  I have not ever heard of her.

What is her "legitimate" career?  I have not ever heard of her.

Depending on what type of music you are into....she's an R&B singer. Has had several hits. I like a few of her songs on the radio. Outside of that I don't watch her talk show or her tv show though. I'm interested to see how this pairing works.  I DO think the producers switched up "types" this season so I'm interested in how this season goes.

• Love 1

I'm excited for this pairing. She has a lot if Sass and spunk, so it will be interesting to see what side of Val brings out.

Although she's not trained, she's got some natural rhythm, so if she's a hardworker I think Val can do some really good things with her.

If she's not a hardworker, I see her and val at eachothers throats, especially with her dominant personality. Hoping for the former tho

• Love 1

Tamar also hosts the talk show "The Real".

I like Tamar. She can be a bit over the top at times, but she can also be really funny.

Tamar also hosts the talk show "The Real".

I like Tamar. She can be a bit over the top at times, but she can also be really funny.

Edited by WhitneyWhit

Correct me if i'm wrong, but wasn't she nominated for a Grammy a year or two ago?

That's sounds legitmate enough. Plus she has well over a million Twitter followers and the show with her sisters on WeTV is a big hit.

• Love 4

I think a lot of people view her as Toni's lil sister, but Tamar is arguably the most popular of the Braxton sisters currently. And, yes, she scored 3 Grammy award nominations last year. Her partnership with Val intrigues me. On the one hand, I can see them going deep into the competition. On the other, I can also see where their personalities could clash, giving the producers meltdown material to work with.

• Love 3

I think a lot of people view her as Toni's lil sister, but Tamar is arguably the most popular of the Braxton sisters currently. And, yes, she scored 3 Grammy award nominations last year. Her partnership with Val intrigues me. On the one hand, I can see them going deep into the competition. On the other, I can also see where their personalities could clash, giving the producers meltdown material to work with.

This pairing shocks me as she was never rumored to be on the show. The show did a great job of sending out some decoys. 

I definitely agree that based on the show Braxton Family Values (BFV), Tamar is the most popular sister. If for anything, she's in sharp contrast to Toni's general subdued personality. Musically, it'd be difficult to surpass Toni's accomplishments. However, out of all the sisters Tamar has been the most successful in parlaying her popularity into other arenas like her music career and the talk show The Real. 

Personality wise, if you watch BFV Tamar is always the one talking about rehearsing/being a perfectionist. I think that will go along well with Val's work ethic. However I could see Tamar being afraid of trying something that she thinks she may not be good at. However I think Val has been around the block enough to know how to deal with that kind of hesitation. I find her hilarious and am super excited to see how this will work out. Since this will be her biggest national platform, I think what she'll have to learn how to do is edit herself, because she can be a "Shade Queen."

• Love 3

What network is this talk show "The Real" on?  I have really never heard of it or this girl, other than her last name, thanks to Toni.

#shade. LMAO! Honey, do a quick Google search! LOL!!! Wont take long for you to find out all you need to...

Edited by MichelEliz
  • Love 2

#shade. LMAO! Honey, do a quick Google search! LOL!!! Wont take long for you to find out all you need to...

Ok. I took the bait. I googled her. A pretty lengthy wiki page (that I couldn't be bothered to read).   Her avi pic is "talk to the hand" . Her most recent IG is a pic of her and Val being interviewed with the tag: "@iamvalc is the current KING of petty AND "trying it" #❤it"

Mmmmmmm oookayyyy.

I'm getting a Nene v2.0 vibe.

Her most recent IG is a pic of her and Val being interviewed with the tag: "@iamvalc is the current KING of petty AND "trying it" #❤it"

Well mostly that makes me confused. Is "king of petty" a good thing??? It sounds like an insult. 

I also don't have context for her - which I'm fine with, entertainment has gotten crazy fractured, and I usually roll with people I don't know and she's got more than enough "cred" to be on the show, but I can't get a read on how people will react to her. She seems a bit polarizing. 

Okay, because everyone in my office has checked out mentally for the holiday weekend, I have been doing some research and I have decided

• She has a really great voice
  • Braxton Family Values = Queen of Jordan from 30 Rock (I realize that was based on Real Housewives, but theres a lot of that in this as well) 
  • I am now interested in how she interacts with Val. She either gets him to lighten up, or they clash A LOT.
  • Love 1

Ok. I took the bait. I googled her. A pretty lengthy wiki page (that I couldn't be bothered to read).   Her avi pic is "talk to the hand" . Her most recent IG is a pic of her and Val being interviewed with the tag: "@iamvalc is the current KING of petty AND "trying it" #❤it"

Mmmmmmm oookayyyy.

I'm getting a Nene v2.0 vibe.

To each their own, however I watch both RHOA and BFV and I don't get a "Nene" vibe from Tamar in the sense that I think you're implying. Yes, they are definitely strong characters/personalities that you either like or don't like. However, there's always been a very ill-willed spirit from Nene that I've never gotten from Tamar. Like I think Nene is just straight up mean. I think Tamar's work ethic is actually very similar to Val's, which is why she's been able to break out the most from the success of BFV. Ultimately I hope Tamar has the media saviness to use DWTS to raise her profile in a positive light. If I'm being honest, there have been African American women contestants (Wendy Williams, Nene) who just didn't use their time on DWTS in way that benefitted them. Hopefully she can be in the Lailla Ali/Mel B. category. 

Edited by PTVjones
  • Love 3

I get why on surface view Tamar seems similar to Nene; they are both loud dominant personalities that love their 'shady' moments of humor.

What separates them to me is that Tamar has more variety. Nene might be cool in real life, but her tv persona is basically just built on being slightly mean & shady. Whereas Tamar can also be quite goofy, silly, and sweet when she wants to be.

But I do think Tamar & Val's partnership is only going to go one of two ways. They get on like gangbusters & love it or they can't stand each other...lol

• Love 1

When I posted about her before, I'd forgotten that Tamar was a Co-Host on The Real. For those who'd like to see her on it, check your local listings for the correct time & channel in your area. The show primarily airs in Syndication. But... If your cable/satellite TV provider carries the BET (Black Entertainment Television) Network, The Real also airs there on Monday-Friday night/Tuesday-Saturday morning, usually starting at 1 or 1:05AM Eastern Time.

To each their own, however I watch both RHOA and BFV and I don't get a "Nene" vibe from Tamar in the sense that I think you're implying. Yes, they are definitely strong characters/personalities that you either like or don't like. However, there's always been a very ill-willed spirit from Nene that I've never gotten from Tamar. Like I think Nene is just straight up mean. I think Tamar's work ethic is actually very similar to Val's, which is why she's been able to break out the most from the success of BFV. Ultimately I hope Tamar has the media saviness to use DWTS to raise her profile in a positive light. If I'm being honest, there have been African American women contestants (Wendy Williams, Nene) who just didn't use their time on DWTS in way that benefitted them. Hopefully she can be in the Lailla Ali/Mel B. category.

I think what's interesting is the difference between the two categories you describe. Wendy and Nene were both Tony partners who we thought would be fun personalities, but, for whatever reason, out on the floor, they turned timid. We seem to say that about a few of Tony's partners (Wynonna, and Suzanne Somers off the top of my head). I wonder if them dancing under themselves is a Tony thing.

Laila and Mel both had Maks and he was sort of able to bring them to life on the dance floor. I think Tamar will help show a different side of Val if he lets it happen.

I know it's an unpopular opinion, but my favorite Val partnership is still Sherri Shepherd because he hadn't let the competition aspect get to his head yet, and just had fun. I think Tamar could bring that out. Again, if Val lets her.

• Love 1

I don't know.  Val has been tweeting about getting "back to back" wins for months now, so I'm not sure he's any more relaxed.  Deena Katz, the casting director, said Val was texting her three days after he won saying he wanted to do it again.  I'm not sure relaxed is in his vocabulary.

What I do like about Tamar/Val is she will call him out on his crap on occasion instead of just blindly worshipping him, as some of his partners do.  Not that I don't think they will get along, but I think she will be a little less concerned with ingratiating herself with "the fam", which is basically everyone associated with Val, Maks and crew.

Edited by spanana
  • Love 1

It's not much to judge by, but Tamar looked good in her video. I like that she's a complete blank slate and I have no idea what to expect from her, unlike Bindi ,whose trajectory on this show could be scripted, or Nick Carter who I feel will either be amazing or a hot mess.

What I do like about Tamar/Val is she will call him out on his crap on occasion instead of just blindly worshipping him, as some of his partners do.  Not that I don't think they will get along, but I think she will be a little less concerned with ingratiating herself with "the fam", which is basically everyone associated with Val, Maks and crew.

Oh, dear. What other celebrities have fallen prey to the clutches of the nefarious Chmerkovskiy mafia? Rumer? Meryl?  Poor Tamar. Maybe she should have specifically requested Pure Derek or Mark lest Val also seduces her into his cult.

• Love 1

Well, I think all the pros have various foibles. Val is IMO someone who can get overinvested during a season. He admitted himself last season that he has a habit of sucking the fun out of it for his partner because he gets so intense about it all. I don't think he's doing it all the time, but he does have tendencies going in that direction. That's also why I kinda side-eye TPTB giving him celebs like Liz or Danica who are already nervous and totally in their own heads. He did the best he could with them, but their worrying and his intensity weren't always an ideal combination IMO.

Tamar seems like someone who won't be going along with stuff like that. Who might loosen him up a bit. Or not, the pairings on paper look a certain way and promise a certain dynamic. Who knows how it pans out in reality.

I think what's interesting is the difference between the two categories you describe. Wendy and Nene were both Tony partners who we thought would be fun personalities, but, for whatever reason, out on the floor, they turned timid. We seem to say that about a few of Tony's partners (Wynonna, and Suzanne Somers off the top of my head). I wonder if them dancing under themselves is a Tony thing.

Laila and Mel both had Maks and he was sort of able to bring them to life on the dance floor. I think Tamar will help show a different side of Val if he lets it happen.

I know it's an unpopular opinion, but my favorite Val partnership is still Sherri Shepherd because he hadn't let the competition aspect get to his head yet, and just had fun. I think Tamar could bring that out. Again, if Val lets her.

I think about a 2-3 season hiatus from watching the show. I've watched it since the beginning, but stopped watching somewhere in the middle season 1-21 and missed the seasons that had the likes of Val's first 2 partners, which I'm guessing also includes Sherri because I believe Zendaya is his third. I should find some youtube clips of the two of them. 

Interesting comparison of stars and the correlation to their partners. I never thought of it that way. However, count me as somebody who thinks that the reason Maks got so popular was because of his successful partnerships w/ Laila and Mel. His intensity required partners who aren't intimidated by it like Laila, Mel, and eventually Kristie and Meryl. 

It's not much to judge by, but Tamar looked good in her video. I like that she's a complete blank slate and I have no idea what to expect from her, unlike Bindi ,whose trajectory on this show could be scripted, or Nick Carter who I feel will either be amazing or a hot mess.

Oh, dear. What other celebrities have fallen prey to the clutches of the nefarious Chmerkovskiy mafia? Rumer? Meryl?  Poor Tamar. Maybe she should have specifically requested Pure Derek or Mark lest Val also seduces her into his cult.

As far as story line is concerned I think the only thing the producers can really go on is the relationship Tamar has w/ her sisters. Will her sisters be in the audience or not? Braxton Family Values is all about their "sistership" and it's well documented that they don't always get along (often Tamar is in the middle of why they are not getting along). Toni has been on the show before so you'd expect her to be in the audience at least once. Towanda, another sister, has made it very clear that she's been wanting to do DWTS for years now as Towanda thrives the most in competitive situations. So the fact that Tamar is on it before Towanda... I wonder if the DWTS will go that route. I hope they don't however, I like BFV infinitely more when all the sisters are getting along. 

I think the 3 partners who have really become apart of the #famovereverything / Sway crew are Zenday, Rumer, and Meryl. I say that because they are the only partnerships that have performed in Sway w/ the brothers. If you would have asked me during S19 I would have said Janel as well, as she took many pictures w/ Val, Maks and Zendaya. However, since the falling out and whatever happened there, they don't speak about each other. Honestly, I could see Tamar getting along with that crew just fine. Since she has about... 4 other jobs besides DWTS (Tamar & Vince show, BFV, The Real, her music career) however, i doubt she'd have the time for Sway but if they win... she may have to make the time lol. 

I realize this is dripping in sarcasm, but it's more that their crew is obnoxious IMO.  Also exclusionary where many of their little friends sit online during DWTS tearing down anyone that isn't in their little circle.  This has nothing to do with "Pure Derek" or whatever.  I have been a fan of Val for a long time, but the fam belief that they are better than everyone else and are owed things for existing has never done it for me.  My only point was that I don't think Tamar will care as much about becoming besties with everyone in his circle, unlike Rue, Meryl or even Janel before she got kicked to the curb.  I'm sure she will get along with them, but she has her own large family and her own family dynamics to deal with.

Now katha, I do agree with you in that Tamar has the potential to maybe lighten Val up some.  I think he will still be overinvested because that is just his personality.  But she might help him retain the fun element.  However I do think they are likely to butt heads from time to time as well.  Another thing I think with Tamar that Val might have to contend with is that while she's seemingly a hard worker, she has a lot going on.  Val is kind of used to partners that put 100% of their energy towards DWTS for 3 months straight.  Tamar has her reality shows, The Real, an album dropping and a family.   Though I have no idea if she is filming The Real during the season or their schedule.

I think about a 2-3 season hiatus from watching the show. I've watched it since the beginning, but stopped watching somewhere in the middle season 1-21 and missed the seasons that had the likes of Val's first 2 partners, which I'm guessing also includes Sherri because I believe Zendaya is his third. I should find some youtube clips of the two of them.

Zendaya was Val's 4th partner and up until Rue the one that got him closest to the trophy.  His partners were Elisabetta Canalis, Sherri Shepherd, Kelly Monaco and then Zendaya.  The Zendaya season to me is probably the one where Val started to get a little too overinvested because they were a legitimate threat to win and she was the best dancer and they fell short at the last hurdle.  Val did not take the loss well, but there was also a voting malfunction on finale night where all the online votes were tossed, so I do understand why people were upset.  However that partnership worked because Zendaya did help lighten Val up and it helped show a different side to him besides Kelly M. showmance Val. 

Edited by spanana
  • Love 1

What does Pure Derek mean? Is this a Derek hybrid and somewhere out there is a more pure form of Derek? lol

No, I don't see Tamar concerning herself w/ being fully initiated into the crew. However... If her and Val get along I don't see it not happening either(sorry for the double negative). I see Tamar being "if it happens cool, if it doesn't happen, cool" sort of attitude with that. Personally, I think it'd be way more hilarious to see Val in her family than vice versa. When all the sisters are together, and getting along, they are hilarious and I think we'd definitely see a lighter more jokey side of Val. 

I can also see her schedule being an issue. Her album is supposed to be released 9/11 so to drop an album and premiere on one of the biggest reality shows live within the span of what... 4 days? I don't watch The Real buy maybe she'll be doing a 1-2 a week co host deal with them. Her being on DWTS could only really raise the publicity for that show so she has the power in that situation. I actually did watch the Kelly Monaco season, if I remember correctly she was still filming General Hospital at the time so I'm sure Val had to work around that. If Tamar makes it past the 3rd week and sees she has a good shot of making it to the finals (which I think she does because her Tamartian fans are very invested to say the least) then I think she'll do what she has to for her schedule. 

"Also exclusionary where many of their little friends sit online during DWTS ripping to shreds anyone that isn't in their little circle. "

Ripping to shreds? I have not heard any reports of members of the "fam" openly antagonising any of the other dancers.

The "fam" is eqivalent to Hough/ Ballas.

As for winning, I am sure Val is very aware that it is almost impossible for a Black woman to get the win on this show. They had to match a Black woman from a current show with the Golden boy to make it happen and then turn a blind eye to some interesting "dancing".

Tamar does not need to worry about winning and I am sure Val knows that.

Edited by gohawks
  • Love 1

As for winning, I am sure Val is very aware that it is almost impossible for a Black woman to get the win on this show. They had to match a Black woman from a current show with the Golden boy to make it happen and then turn a blind eye to some interesting "dancing".

Hmmm lets dissect that for a moment. 

Black female contestants that made it to the finale and won purely based on memory: Mel B, Mya, Zendaya, Amber. That's a 1/4 ratio. Clearly not a majority, but hardly a statistic that shows it's impossible. Did the other 3 ladies "deserve" to win... that's a different conversation. 

However impossible it may be Tamar, and especially Val since we know what he's like in the context of this show, do not seem like the type of people to let something like that stand in the way of work ethic, creativity, and entertainment value. I'm sure many things can be said about Val, but I've never seen him "phone it in." 

Models, reality show stars, the 55 years old+ crowd, athletes that are not football players of Olympians have equatable if not worse statistics than Black women in my opinion. 

I realize this is dripping in sarcasm, but it's more that their crew is obnoxious IMO.  Also exclusionary where many of their little friends sit online during DWTS tearing down anyone that isn't in their little circle.  This has nothing to do with "Pure Derek" or whatever.  I have been a fan of Val for a long time, but the fam belief that they are better than everyone else and are owed things for existing has never done it for me.  My only point was that I don't think Tamar will care as much about becoming besties with everyone in his circle, unlike Rue, Meryl or even Janel before she got kicked to the curb.  I'm sure she will get along with them, but she has her own large family and her own family dynamics to deal with.

Honestly, I was responding to the idea that since Rumer. and Meryl etc. remained close with Val and Maks that they're somehow brainwashed by this supposed kind of Taylor Swift friend collection clique, to the point that it impacted their training, which isn't apparent to me and I don't see why that would even be mentioned in regards to Tamar. What does it matter if she does or does not become friendly with that group? It seems more relevant if she and Val are compatible and if he can get some interesting routines out of her.

Ripping to shreds? I have not heard any reports of members of the "fam" openly antagonising any of the other dancers

IIRC, some people affiliated with Maks' studio tweeted unfavorable things about Kellie or Derek when Zendaya lost.

What does Pure Derek mean? Is this a Derek hybrid and somewhere out there is a more pure form of Derek? lol

Eh. Pure Derek was a play on words, as he's often held up as the wholesome, all American, unproblematic "good boy" in comparison to the other male pros, and a reference to a certain hateful website that constantly mentions "The Fam" in thinly veiled xenophobic bias. Moving on...

Despite the handful of examples who made it to the finals, I do think there is something to be said that black women do not generally do great on this show  that reflects larger society. I think there are only a couple of types of black women that middle America enjoy and from what I've read I don't think Tamar fits. Even if Tamar turns out to be a great dancer, I do not expect her to make it to the finals for a variety of reasons, including the competition this season.

Edited by tearbender
  • Love 1

Black female contestants that made it to the finale and won purely based on memory: Mel B, Mya, Zendaya, Amber. That's a 1/4 ratio. Clearly not a majority, but hardly a statistic that shows it's impossible. Did the other 3 ladies "deserve" to win... that's a different conversation.  

Mel B, Mya and Zendaya didn't win, the three of them finished 2nd place.

The "fam" is eqivalent to Hough/ Ballas.

I think there's a huge difference between the "fam" and Ballas & the Houghs.  The "fam" is family or those close friends Val/Maks considers part of their family and is exclusionary towards those not a part of the "fam".  Val & Maks can be snarky at times but I've never seen them rip anyone to shreds. However, I've seen their fans go after the competition and it seems Val & Maks at times stoke the fires of their fans who have launched full-on attacks on other competing stars/pros.

I've never seen Mark or Derek or Julianne even so much as snark at other competing stars/pros.  Derek's fans make no secret of their contempt for Val but they are being riled up by a particular blogger, not at all prompted by Derek himself or his family or circle of friends.

Mel B, Mya and Zendaya didn't win, the three of them finished 2nd place.

Apologies, that was awkwardly worded on my end. I basically meant to say that 1/4 of the group won, Amber and the other 3 made it to the finals. 

I think what would be interesting to see is how far Tamar can take the fan base she already has (she has the 3rd highest nae nae video count, behind Bindi and Nick Carter) and use it her advantage. On top of that, see how that curbs any of the votes she may not get from the "middle america" demographic that was mentioned by TearBender. If she can get a percentage of that middle america vote, along with val's inherent vote, new fans she may pick up, along with the fans she already has, she may have a better shot that we think. 

Edited by PTVjones

Tamar was very impressive with that quickstep. I think she actually got one of her harder dances out of the way, so it should be fun to see what her & val are up to next week

I think Tamar did great tonight. Especially since quickstep was her first dance. If she can handle that, I think the other dances will be just fine for her. I think Val will give her challenging choreography since she seems to be capable. 

I think she might want to practice her after dance interviews. Just seemed a bit scattered. I'm sure Val could help her with that as well. 

#teamvalentay -- cute name they settled on. Disappointed she didn't mention her singing career at all with that album coming out in Oct.

I wonder how much she can plug an album when she's in a record label that's not owned by Disney. Maybe she had to settle for plugging it closer to the release date. She had a beautiful performance on The Real so hopefully DWTS will give her more exposure. 

I would have preferred a team name like ValMar, to differentiate more between ValenRue v.s ValenTay. Rumer seems super supportive as her and Danika were there last night. 

Excited to see how the extension episode tonight shapes her persona on the show. 

Val and Tamar's Afterbuzz interview on the press line. 

Initial reactions to this interview:

1. I think Tamar deferred to Val in an appropriate manner. I hate it when partners literally never mention the pro during their interview. It's just rude. 

2. I like Tamar's honesty. She wants to win and she needs to work on her turns apparently. 

3. Seeing Val laugh is really nice. I hope they keep this sort of like "I tease you b/c I love you" sort of bro/sis relationship. 

5. I think Val has a good grasp of Tamar's public persona and has a good idea in mind of how to frame the dances to show different sides of her besides the "big personality" Tamar. 

6. Vince (her husband and manager) literally popping in out of no where in the background was pretty funny to me. Hopefully it won't be like Nene and her husband bc her husband was ANNOYING. 

7. Curious to see when the sisters will be on the show. Great to have the cast of The Real there with her mom and Vince. Pretty sure Toni is on tour with Towanda and Trina. I was a little surprised Traci wasn't there though maybe they are waiting until all 4 can be there. 

• Love 4

#teamvalentay -- cute name they settled on. Disappointed she didn't mention her singing career at all with that album coming out in Oct.

Yea it was strange that it wasn't mentioned by her, but Tom mentioned she was Grammy nominated.

It will probably come up sometime,personal story week maybe, or she might dance to one of her songs..dwts seems to like doing that

Funny how Toni hasn't even mentioned DWTS or Tamar on her Twitter since last night or even since the announcement.

I've been seeing a lot of the fan reaction to Tamar being positive. Even from the women at *shudders* PureDWTS.

If she can handle a Quickstep Week 1, I think she's got what it takes. Not sure she's finals material yet, based purely on a questionable voting base, but I can see her winning people over, especially if she can manage a vulnerable piece like Contemporary or a Waltz.

• Love 1

Funny how Toni hasn't even mentioned DWTS or Tamar on her Twitter since last night or even since the announcement.

If she can handle a Quickstep Week 1, I think she's got what it takes. Not sure she's finals material yet, based purely on a questionable voting base, but I can see her winning people over, especially if she can manage a vulnerable piece like Contemporary or a Waltz.

That is both surprising and unsurprising given how threatened Toni has been acting this season on BFV. It's telling only her hubby, mom, and coworkers showed up and none of her salty sisters. I guess Towanda didn't want to show up alone since the rest of them have lives and aren't as desperate to leech. But I expect to see them at some point.

She can certainly emote in ballads so I'm excited to see her pull that off. I wonder about contemporary though.

Edited by anonymiss
  • Love 1

That is both surprising and unsurprising given how threatened Toni has been acting this season on BFV. It's telling only her hubby, mom, and coworkers showed up and none of her salty sisters. I guess Towanda didn't want to show up alone since the rest of them have lives and aren't as desperate to leech. But I expect to see them at some point.

She can certainly emote in ballads so I'm excited to see her pull that off. I wonder about contemporary though.

I've gotten curious about this as well. 

Toni has a post on her IG after the announcement of her and Val. Trina and Traci both tweeted about it. The only sister that I haven't seen anything from is Towanda. Towanda made it very clear she wanted to be on DWTS so who knows if there's bad blood there or not. Count me as someone who likes the show about 1000% more when the sisters are getting along so... I hope this isn't causing issues. 

Also, pretty sure Toni, Trina, and Towanda are on tour right now so we might not see them until a few episdoes in. 

• Love 1

Boy was this woman annoying during her interview.  Since I have never seen her before, is she always that over the top and borderline obnoxious?

The fan base that she does have, her personality and talent is what they love her. The people who dislike Tamar, dislike her for her personality so... you either love her or hate her. 

So... different strokes for different folks lol. 

• Love 3