Type keyword(s) to search

S21: Tamar Braxton: Dancing All The Way Home

• Start Topic

I mean... I understand that this is essentially a heavily scripted competition style reality show but I wish everything wasn't so contrived. I hope that as the season goes on and there is more time for the Pre-Dance package that we will get to see more variety to her. I mean, she's a new mother and usually new mothers get the heavy "new mother" edit and yet we haven't heard one thing about Logan (her son). Usually they bring up the occupation in some type of way (I'm a singer so I can count music, I'm an athlete so I'm used to this kind of grueling physical schedule, I'm an actor so I can really perform the character) or the fact that she's never had formal dance training (she was Toni"s backup singer if you watch BFV or know Toni's music... it's hardly music that would use complicated dance choreography). 

I just feel like her edits are so one sided. 

• Love 1

Every black woman on the show pretty much gets the "attitude" edit except Amber, and look who she was paired with.

The odd thing about Amber was her dance skills were not sophisticated past what she already brought to the competition,  they just kept going back to the well on most of her dances, and then the show gave her a huge ovation when she could hardly move. It was reverse discrimination. She was big and that was her hook to get other big girls black and white to know her shame and to vote for her.  Her "attitude" was the head snaps and the shimmies in her dancing, and while entertaining she kept reminding the viewer of her sameness.  Amber did bring a legion of intense fans from Glee  and it is those numbers that tend to drive the competition. 

Tamar is tall and pretty and moves really well.  She, like Mel B, or Brandi or Mya will have to work through the pettiness that others put on her because there's really not much to criticize.

Edited by Andie1
  • Love 5

And stupid Carrie Anne is playing the "no connection" card with her and Val, because she can't find anything wrong with her dancing. Not to mention CA knows nothing about ballroom dancing. I think they have plenty of chemistry. They seem to get along and are fun to watch.

• Love 2

Val went from posting on IG almost on a daily basis with Rumer but if you look at his IG most of the photos he uses are stills from DWTS shoots, and not them rehearsing/hanging out. I think they have to "play the game" just a little bit more honestly.

I think they are being totally honest about their relationship.  Tamar is almost 10 years older than Val, she won't be hanging out with him the way Rumer did, because they are at different stages in their lives. Rumer was unattached and was excited to be amongst working dancers, getting as much knowledge as she could from them as she launches on broadway.   Tamar will go to dinner with her husband and family, her support system is different.  I still see goofin' on instagram but not as intense simply because they stopped that rehearsal all-access stuff this season.  

• Love 1

The odd thing about Amber was her dance skills were not sophisticated past what she already brought to the competition,  they just kept going back to the well on most of her dances, and then the show gave her a huge ovation when she could hardly move. It was reverse discrimination. She was big and that was her hook to get other big girls black and white to know her shame and to vote for her.  Her "attitude" was the head snaps and the shimmies in her dancing, and while entertaining she kept reminding the viewer of her sameness.  Amber did bring a legion of intense fans from Glee  and it is those numbers that tend to drive the competition. 

There was 1 other factor driving legions of votes. I think it was around week 8, a couple of Amber's famous friends (Jim Parsons was one of them) started tweeting out Amber's voting number with messages like "Justin Bieber is taking your calls now" and "here is Harry Styles' home phone number". All the little Biebettes and 1Ders couldn't resist calling. Even if they suspected it was a prank, they couldn't take the chance that it wasn't. They were tweeting back to Parsons saying it was the wrong number and why is he tricking them. Amber probably got millions of unintended votes just from that.

What Tamar and Val need to address, and FAST!, IMO is CAI's "global" critique of "no connection".  CAI does that and the criticism sticks like glue to every dance from that point on and it's hard to shake. The viewers will be reminded every week until they believe it enough and stop voting. It's kind of like the death-knell on their partnership. Just off the top of my head, I can remember her doing that to James/Peta, Corbin/Karina, I'm sure there's others I can't think of right now.

• Love 3

Seems like after 4 seasons there is still a level of bitterness and a disregard for Amber Riley winning Dancing With The Stars as something she and Derek didn't earn but instead something that was bestowed upon them through pity and error. This is my opinion. Is it really necessary to drag her into this season to state an "opinion" about what you are perceiving about a contestant in this current season? Is her weight really a factor in a discussion about Val and Tamar? Is anything about Amber Riley relevant to a discussion about Val and Tamar? Regardless of what ever comments are made it will not remove her from being a Mirrorball Champion or lessen the appreciation of those who enjoyed her and Derek during their season together, or lessen the work or effort they/she put in (whether you acknowledge/recognize/appreciate/ or want to see it or not). The performances delivered on the dance floor were not of her crafting but those of an Emmy Award winning choreographer (now 2 time winning Emmy Choreographer), who knows how to address and get the best out of ALL of his partners. So if there are problems still perceived by some with their routines, performances, movements, or style those are on Derek yet I don't see any comment criticizing him or saying he performed at a lesser level or judging him to harshly for winning with any other partner but Amber. Derek usually recycles moves from his routines yet I see no mention of "sameness" in regards to him. I'm at loss at the amount of disregard some have toward those competing because they put themselves on display to a whole nation to be ridiculed, belittled, and dismissed instead of applauded for their courage to stand strong and determined and face the wrath of a sometimes and somewhat judgmental nation, who have citizens who sometimes have nothing better to do than spew venomous words to tear them down one keystroke at a time from the safety, comfort, and shielding of their computer. It just seems to me (my opinion) plenty like to use Amber Riley as the poster child for someone who shouldn't have won her season for reason that I feel are NOT always just about dancing.

BTW I do recall them showing Amber and Derek not always agreeing and having a moment were it seemed just a little heated between them, so I don't think she avoided the "attitude" edit at all. 

Edited by Ann Mack
  • Love 3

Ann Mack, Amber's win was deserved to me because this show is more than just about dancing. Corbin was better in technique, but his dancing left me cold. As did his partnership with Karina, in general. And that criticism against him was made plenty during his season, by fans and media alike (Annie Barrett, for example, wrote about their non-chemistry and his lack of personality in several of her recaps for Entertainment Weekly). So I don't exactly agree that Amber is presented as a poster child for an undeserved win (that would be Helio - hee!)

Anyway, to bring this back to Tamar - I'm enjoying her partnership with Val and hope there are many others that feel the same because her Quickstep & Charleston were two of my favorite dances of the season.

Edited by Mbeaker

So I don't exactly agree that Amber is presented as a poster child for an undeserved win (that would be Helio - hee!)

Anyway, to bring this back to Tamar - I'm enjoying her partnership with Val and hope there are many others that feel the same because her Quickstep & Charleston were two of my favorite dances of the season.

And more recently Melissa Rycroft, although I don't personally agree she was undeserving. Heck, I don't even think Helio was undeserving, as distasteful as I found his win. He got the votes and his freestyle was the best out of the finalists(though that wasn't exactly a high bar - one of them was Marie Osmond's dreaded doll dance).

Tamar is tall and pretty and moves really well.  She, like Mel B, or Brandi or Mya will have to work through the pettiness that others put on her because there's really not much to criticize.

I think Amber was often overscored her season, but I don't agree with a lot of this. The concept of 'reverse discrimination' leaves a bad taste in my mouth While she played a pretty static stereotype on Glee, I didn't see that so much in her performances. I also don't think Amber's size was her selling point. I don't recall Amber using that "Aren't I so relatable?" shtick, really that celebs like Brooke Burke and Jennifer Grey seemed so fond of. Amber has a natural charisma and rhythm for days. I do think her injuries did affect her ability however, and she did hit a peak early on. I think her Glee fanbase, combined with Derek's was what made her a lock for the finals.

I won't speak for anyone else. While I certainly don't think Amber was an undeserving winner, the larger discussion was on how black women are portrayed on this show. It's an issue that concerns some of us, thus comparisons between Tamar and contestants of seasons past.

Is Carrie Ann really beating the "no chemistry" drum with Tamar and Val already? That certainly didn't help Apolo/Karina or Charlie/Sharna.

• Love 3

Derek&Nastia got the no Chemistry edit last season and it wasn't true for them either. Any way I'm rooting for Nick Carter and Tamar as top 2 with Either Bindi or one of the marrieds in the final. I enjoy all 5. 

I think Amber was often overscored her season, but I don't agree with a lot of this. The concept of 'reverse discrimination' leaves a bad taste in my mouth While she played a pretty static stereotype on Glee, I didn't see that so much in her performances. I also don't think Amber's size was her selling point. I don't recall Amber using that "Aren't I so relatable?" shtick,

Imma going to have to say yes of course she used her size.  She used it all the way to the end of the season when Tom asked her after she won what she wanted to say, and it was words to the effect of " I didn't think I could do it, but no matter what size you are you can do whatever you want."  She also said it didn't matter what colour you were, but we know that's not true, at least for the black female contestants who aren't heavy, or have some other "relatable" experience to the voting public. 

Edited by Andie1
  • Love 1

I have high expectations for Tamar so while I liked the dance overall, I didn't think it was their best. I noticed that Tamar was staring into space a couple of times and it took me out of the performance. I thought their rehearsal package was funny, even though it was clearly scripted.

Is next week's theme going to be Most Memorable Year? I hate to imply that she should exploit her personal struggles, but I think Tamar should talk about the domestic violence she endured in her previous relationship. The audience will understand her more if she shares her story. She talked about it on the first season of The Real and she was understandably very emotional about it. If the audience knew about the physical and mental abuse she went through, I think they would be able to connect with her more.

• Love 1

Tamar's "bad attitude" to me is purely scripted for the show. Even watching Tamar and Val's All Access interview she's light years more subdued than how she comes off in the pre-package. It's annoying how scripted everything is for the contestants to fill "a role." 

Tamar will most likely talk about when Logan was born. I think highlighting a positive will be more beneficial to Tamar than highlighting a negative. 

• Love 2

I know those are scripted, I just wish the powers-that-be would find a different script ...... it makes Tamar appear unlikeable.

Agree. They're making her seem very one-note. Also, the "Why do you have to play such a dominant male character in our dance" worked fine last week, but this week when your theme is Mad Men? Well, that would be why. It made her come across as arguing for the sake of arguing.

• Love 2

Agree. They're making her seem very one-note. Also, the "Why do you have to play such a dominant male character in our dance" worked fine last week, but this week when your theme is Mad Men? Well, that would be why. It made her come across as arguing for the sake of arguing.

And a Tango - which is a very male dominant dance.  If the powers that be continue this narrative, I shudder at the thought of what will happen if/when Tamar is assigned a Pasodoble.

• Love 1

But it doesn't have to be male dominant.  I just think the show runners are setting Tamar up for failure everytime she questions dances and then does what Val wants anyway.  Dances are anything but traditional on this show and why not take ideas in, the pros do it all the time, so  It's pretty obvious why they are doing this.  They are trying to even out the herd by giving Tamar a  manufactured liability.  I liked the Tango, but I thought Tamar's costume was too full in the skirt.  I think if it were sleeker we would see a terrific dance line.     

As for female dominated Pasos, The Free Your Mind Paso Doble- Maks and Mel B was excellent and probably one of the most memorable Paso Dobles on the show not only because it was well danced, but because it turned Male domination inside out.  It was now a Woman's dance, not just a man's dance. We had a run of women's Paso costumes being the long coat with the little boy shorts for a number of seasons after that.    

• Love 2

Is next week's theme going to be Most Memorable Year? I hate to imply that she should exploit her personal struggles, but I think Tamar should talk about the domestic violence she endured in her previous relationship. The audience will understand her more if she shares her story. She talked about it on the first season of The Real and she was understandably very emotional about it. If the audience knew about the physical and mental abuse she went through, I think they would be able to connect with her more.

This could be very powerful.  Bindi will definitely talk about her father.  Rumer Willis tapped into the bullying and it really helped to make her relatable, not the spoiled rich kid of famous parents.  So domestic violence is not something often talked about, but hey  Derek and Julianne won an emmy for dancing to that subject.  If she does a theme about her child it will be nice, but safe.  If she does the domestic violence theme it's a risk but I think the reward could be huge. It's something that will make headlines the day after as well as on the show. 

Edited by Andie1

If she does the domestic violence theme it's a risk but I think the reward could be huge. It's something that will make headlines the day after as well as on the show.

I think would be really powerful since, even though it may seem like a common thing in the media, it's SO often under reported. The more people with a platform who speak out about it the better.

• Love 3

Hello all. I think the thing with Tamar is to avoid plateauing. After last week (count out Alphonso's score of 9) she would have dipped in scores and that's a red flag. When that happens it usually takes a few dances before the contestant will have a 'she's back!!' dance and in the mean time, hope that others are eliminated while they struggle to find their best again. Happens all the time especially with the female 'stars'. The male stars are given enough time to get better - the women are kicked off shortly after their 'let down' dance.

To avoid this they need to work asap on that 'connection'. It is sooo vital in the Tango and that's why it was quite noticeable. The funny thing is that in that short skit they had before the dance they had great chemistry - Val brooding, she trying to act like she's not affected. Loved it. And then after the few opening bars of the dance it went away. Her eyes were something else. Have her sit for 10 mins across from you just STARING at you, Val. Have her follow you around with her eyes!!! That's your connection exercise. But I have to add here that Val's Tangos are too staccato as if he doesn't understand that the female has to be sultry as well while having the quick moves. (Maksim 'understood' the woman better in his tangos). His tango with Zendaya was 'ruined' by that and newcomers to ballroom cannot cope with those continuous quick movements. Also where were the head snaps??!!! That would have helped her to have the precise upper body movements the dance needed (and maybe helped her focus her eyes more) especially since this was a Ballroom tango. This dance did not fly for me as it should have.

Also agree that the 'strong woman' thing is getting too much. This will be the 3rd week in a row. But Val needs to tone down the repetitive concepts of male/female power play if he wants to be 'messing about' just before they dance. Reserve that for the actual dance. 

I hope she does, as well. The first time she spoke about it I think was here and it made a lot of sense.

That was really powerful....I was tearing up. I want to see THIS side of Tamar as well. I want to have a conversation with this woman in the clip. I love her big personality as well....but there is more to her and her partnership with Val...but is seems sooooo one note right now.

I hope she goes there. IMO you have to be strong and brave to be really vulnerable too. That is really powerful message that I have not really seen discussed on DWTS.  If she is willing to share that story..of overcoming I would love to see that.

My cold cynical heart has begun to enjoy "Most Memorable Year" less and less...I'm hoping that, that changes this season.

• Love 2

After consideration I see see why Tamar talking about her abusive relationship could be powerful on the show. It would also shine some new light into their pre-packages as to why they often disagree on the concept. She wouldn't forgive a man who did her wrong because she was in fact done wrong. I hope at some point (sooner rather than later) that she reveals this side or a more stripped down version of herself. 

I also found it interesting how in their pre-package Val stated that he felt as though Tamar doesn't enjoy dancing with him. I would have say that's the first time in recent memory where Val expressed any type of insecurity regarding his connection/partnering. This could also be a factor in their "connection issue. I'm very curious to learn what they will dance next week. Maybe a good jazz or contemporary could work well for them. They need a strong dance before the switch up. I voted for Derek and Tamar on that one. 

I don't think we can really compare Val's Argentine Tangos to his regular Tangos.  They are kind of two separate things, no?  I think Val feels more comfortable in AT and he's been more successful there on this show.  Meryl, Zendaya, Rue and etc.  I think even Liz Berkeley had a nice AT.

I quite like Tamar as a personality and I think she has a nice natural ease as a dancer.  The part that fascinates me is that I think she and Val have a connection on the dance floor when she's not in hold with him.  It just seems to go away sometimes when they are dancing in hold and all close.  Is it because she's scared of doing a sexy/passionate dance with Val?  Or is she just concentrating too hard?  Because she was okay in the quickstep and that was in hold, but it's also not sexy.  Whereas the two times I've seen the blankness from Tamar have been in cha cha and tango, and it was really perplexing in the cha cha because she was fine when dancing on her own.

As for next week, I just hope whatever Tamar chooses to share it's because she wants to share it and not because she's choosing something that will get the most votes.  But that goes for all of the celebs.

Oh, and Tamar is going on tour with Mary J. Blige for about 2 weeks at the end of October.  Presuming she's still on DWTS, which she should be, they are going to have a tough schedule.  It's only a few weeks but she has a show almost every night of the week but Mondays, so I can see that being an issue.  Especially if they are at more than one dance a week by that point.

Edited by spanana
  • Love 1

IMHO the AT is probably more successful for Latin dancers on this show than the Ballroom Tango. They see an opportunity to be sexy, have interesting lifts and story telling not just march around the Ballroom as you do with traditional ballroom tango.  However, there is a reason why they chose Latin to specialize in, instead of Ballroom. They do a sort of hybird AT that's far too sharp and staccato and borders on Paso doble in terms of severity of latin line. You can always spot the ballroom pro doing Argentine, because no real Argentine Specialist does that. It would be nice to see a real Argentine Tango show dance.  It is a slower more intimate way of dancing that might feel like nothing is happening for the ballroom dancer,  but it can be enormously entertaining and can take your breath away.   

One thing that's essential for Argentine Tango to be successful is connection with your partner. Without it, it's not Argentine Tango, it's just doing steps.  If Tamar wants Argentine Tango to happen she'll need to dial into Val. We saw a little bit at the end of the Madmen routine, but it'll need to be sustained all the way through the routine for Argentine to be credible. 

As for ballroom Tango, I really miss the excellence of Anna Demidova and Charlotte Jorgenson, they could make people look good in Ballroom because they are ballroom specialists.  Anna Trebunskya is a great ballroom pro but she gets partners that make it nearly impossible for her to demonstrate any sort of expertise. The other pros are pretty pedantic with the ballroom dances, they're way more into sexy, hip hop, and jazz. It's one thing to know the steps, it's another to finesse the steps, and normally if you have ballet as a foundation it helps ballroom dances come to life.  I wish ballroom dances wouldn't be so "dreaded" they could actually compete with the latin dances if we had a better balance of Latin and Ballroom pros on the show. 

As for going there next week, sometimes it takes an emotional break through to also make a dance break through.  Dance is very much an emotional journey, it's acting without words.  We know the best actors draw from personal experiences, perhaps Tamar can do something similar , but only if the show and her partner allow her to be safe in the process. 

Edited by Andie1
  • Love 1

This upcoming week Tamar has a Rumba to a song from her new album called King. Here's a performance of her singing it on The Real 

Considering what the song is about, I'm going to infer that she may touch on the abuse and why meeting Vince and creating her family is so important to her. That's what I'm going with... 

So Val did a radio interview this morning, and it was legitimately done this morning, and he said he hasn't even started to teach Tamar this week's routine yet.  I think her album dropped today and I know she's doing press and has other appearances, but that doesn't bode overly well for a great routine this week.  He's in NY I believe. 

I really think this is where things are going to get hairy for Tamar/Val over the next several weeks and where they may butt heads.  I think she wants to do well on DWTS and is willing to put in the work when she has the time, but she also has so much else going on and I don't think DWTS is her priority.  Which is fine.  I think Tamar came into this to learn how to dance and get some promo, but I'm not sure she really cares all that much about winning and getting to the end.  So if she's not available to rehearse, she's not available to rehearse and I don't think there is much Val can do about it all.  It's also going to get worse for them when she starts touring at the end of October.

Edited by spanana

So Val did a radio interview this morning, and it was legitimately done this morning, and he said he hasn't even started to teach Tamar this week's routine yet.  I think her album dropped today and I know she's doing press and has other appearances, but that doesn't bode overly well for a great routine this week.  He's in NY I believe. 

I really think this is where things are going to get hairy for Tamar/Val over the next several weeks and where they may butt heads.  I think she wants to do well on DWTS and is willing to put in the work when she has the time, but she also has so much else going on and I don't think DWTS is her priority.  Which is fine.  I think Tamar came into this to learn how to dance and get some promo, but I'm not sure she really cares all that much about winning and getting to the end.  So if she's not available to rehearse, she's not available to rehearse and I don't think there is much Val can do about it all.  It's also going to get worse for them when she starts touring at the end of October.

I wonder if having 2 dances in week 2 and receiving good scores for both might have made her a little over-confident that she can learn 1 dance quickly without having to toil away in daily rehearsals.

A part of me is shocked that she didn't get a 10. Especially with the feedback she received from CAI and Bruno. I don't know if Julianne is trying to be stingy w/ her 9/10's but... they don't mean as much as a 10 from Len lol. 

Another part of me is not surprised that Bindi received a 10. This is also to say that I think a 10 was deserved. Not all that dissimilar from other comtemps that Derek has done but Bindi danced it well. But still, the general consensus is that Tamar and Val's Rumba has a proper international standard Rumba, and she danced it quite well. 

It was nice to see this vulnerable side of tamar. I think she could of straightened her legs more throughout the dance, but for only 2 days of practice or however long they had, solid job

I am surprised that Bindi got higher than an 8. Really. Watch it back without all the emotional hype and the dance is one of the most ordinary contemporary dances in which she did very little to display any sort of strong technique.  

On the other hand, Tamar is given a very technical Rumba and she does it extremely well. For someone who says the only real dancing she does is twerking, this is pretty amazing.

• Love 2

The way they pronounce her name is confusing to me.  There is not a "y" or "i" after the "a" to give it the long vowel sound.  

How does she herself pronounce it?  On the show they seem to be saying it TAY-marr with the stress on the first syllable.  But I've known people with this name and it has always been tuh-MARR.  Rhymes with "Lamarr".  But it's her name, so if she says TAY-marr then so should they.  I've known a few AHN-dreas.

I thought she was vastly underscored.  She at least deserved 9s for her rumba.  She should be one of the frontrunners, along with Nick and Bindi, but I feel like given her "she's so difficult" edit, she's could be in danger of going home after Paula and Andy.  She's way better than the overrated Hayes and both PenaVegas and should be in the finals.

If the judges are going to constantly criticise her for having "no connection" with her significantly younger partner, then why would they pair her with him?   So they could paint her as "the difficult black woman"?  I find that insulting that they would purposely do that to her.  They could have anticipated the differences in approach the two of them would have.  I wish they had paired her with Tony.  He's closer in age to her, and would have been such a good match.  She would have been a legitimate contender for him.

• Love 3

I thought she scored all nine's for a 27 for her Rumba.  I thought that was well scored.  I agree with the edit she is getting is ridiculous.  It's quite possible she was slated for someone else, since Artem was supposed to get a dancer and at the last minute the dancer Val was supposed to get didn't materialize.  Possibly Artem would have been paired with Kim?  It's difficult to say.  My only concern with Tony is his choreography is somewhat pedantic, whereas I thought Val has really done some amazing work with Tamar so far, in particular the Quickstep, the Charleston and the Rumba. 

I do think some ageism is going on here, since it seems anyone over 35 is getting the bullshit edit.  Now putting Tamar with Louis?  I mean he's wonderful, but he's darn short, and so it's the reverse site gag of Karina and the racehorse jockey. 

They're trying to make Bindi happen and I for one am bored with mediocrity.

• Love 1

They're trying to make Bindi and Hayes happen, just like they tried to make Sadie Robertson happen. Remember the 9s she got for all her mediocre dances? I guess they are trying to cater to teenagers, but it isn't working. I agree that they crap on anyone over 35. Ugh.

• Love 2

Oh, my mistake, for some reason I thought she got 8s this week.  I checked wiki and you are right, she got three 9s.  Kind of crappy because supposedly the dance made all parts of Carrie Ann cry, so I don't know why she couldn't have gotten at least one 10.  I guess because 10s this early are reserved only for their annointed one Bindi.

• Love 3

And I don't think Bindi is close to 10 worthy. Her crying is, but her dancing, not so much. Whereas Tamar may have had a very compelling story, but it's back ed up by dance, not sobbing.

Edited by Andie1
  • Love 2

Louis tweeted he has SAMBA with Tamar.  This should be good.  At least somebody will learn how to do it this season. The rest of the cast seems to be doing no latin or ballroom at all.

Edited by Andie1

Louis tweeted he has SAMBA with Tamar.  This should be good.  At least somebody will learn how to do it this season. The rest of the cast seems to be doing no latin or ballroom at all.

I noticed that as well. I think they can't handle it, since the quality of dancers this season is much worse than last season.

Well Louis tweeted a clip from the REAL and he's on the show, I guess tomorrow. He sounds pretty excited, and Tamar seems very happy with him so I'm sort of stoked for this Samba. 

http://thereal.com/videos/0-rgpurouf/

Just as a comparate, I watched the old video of Louis and Monique Coleman and her Samba was very strong, I didn't understand the comments from the judges, but it was the season of Emmitt Smith and Mario Lopez and Jerry Springer.  No room for girls, I guess.  If Tamar can dance this well it will be great television.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2cqhw7_monique-coleman-louis-van-amstel-samba_peoplemba

Edited by Andie1

Monique had very strong dances that season and Louis doesn't 'soften' choreography when he has good dancers. I hope at least she straightens her legs. The rhythm shouldn't be her problem.

Sorry to be off topic but those where the days when the judges took themselves, the show and the dancers seriously and judged the competition like it was pro. I truly miss those days.

Edited by skyways

Monique had very strong dances that season and Louis doesn't 'soften' choreography when he has good dancers. I hope at least she straightens her legs. The rhythm shouldn't be her problem.

Sorry to be off topic but those where the days when the judges took themselves, the show and the dancers seriously and judged the competition like it was pro. I truly miss those days.

I think Monique was critiqued far too harshly. I don't get it because there's no way she had the fanbase to rival Emmitt Smith. I mean, she should have been getting much better scores because dance content was there to a far greater degree than the "show" they put on  nowadays. Emmitt, bless his heart was all kinds of charisma but his technique wasn't always the best. So even then I think they pandered to the vote getters then turned around and slammed the real dancers.  Anyway I think Louis will choreograph something fun. He's been on fire in that department this season.   

I won't be surprised if Louis and Tamar top the board tonight. Louis is an excellent teacher and Tamar is without question the best technical dancer on the show this season. I think this dance is in her inner wheelhouse and I'm hoping she knocks it out of the park. I don't think Paula will last too much longer and it will be great for Louis to have one terrific dance this season with a good partner.

• Love 1

If the show can find it for once to concentrate on dancing instead of all the other bs then yeah, Tamar and Louis should have an excellent night.

I'm so glad Louis is finally getting a good dancer. They totally waste the man's talent on the show. They are pushing all these contemporary dancers to the point now that someone like Louis is a rare treat. That is the same shyt they did to Karina, Anna, etc whom I would take over Lindsay, Allison and Witney any day.

• Love 1