Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E10: Flamingos

Okay, I’ma need one of ya’ll to prepare a gif of Spencer fucking Tracy in his new office ‘cause his ass made me scream like a banshee!!  CLAUDE HAVE MERCY!   I like Spence’s new assistant and hope she’s around for Season 2.  Glad that Joe is back on board, I love his and Spence's friendship.

As much as I like Charles being back on the team, shouldn’t he have lost some weight first?  Along with that belly, nukka got moobs!

(Waves fan on self, still cain’t believe dat ass!)

• Love 7

I actually thought for sure that this season was going to end with Spencer and Joe successfully teaming up, and branching out, so I liked that it instead ended with Spencer convincing Anderson to allow Joe to remain on board.  The former would have been a bit of a typical "upstarts going up against the big guys", so I like that they will still have resources, so the future drama will come out of other things.  Plus, this hopefully means Richard Schiff will still pop in from time to time.

Overall, the episode felt like it could have been a potential series finale, with all the happy endings.  Besides the Spencer/Joe resolution, Vernon is back and signs the contract, freaking Reggie and Spencer actually made peace (I can live with it, but I was still rooting for my "Spencer rockbottoms Reggie through a table" scenario), Ricky grows past his feelings over his father, and Charlie makes the team.  I guess next season will be a fresh start with different conflicts and whatnot.  I'm sure there will be plenty to find, when football is involved.

Always cool seeing Robert Ray Wisdom, although I guess if they really had the money, it would have been more amusing getting Denzel Washington to play Ricky's dad.

• Love 1

The Charles "return to football" story is weird. We can visually see not only does he seem out of shape, but he isn't especially built like a football player. Then he gets crushed in his tryout. Then he somehow makes the team. Then he gets nervous (?) and throws up after arriving at training camp(?). Then he gets mad on the field and destroys a dude in practice. I can go with "Charles was a technical master and is veteren smart, so he doesn't have to be in shape to be good," I guess. But is his real problem psychological?

Happy endings overall, I guess. Ricky's seemed too rushed. Did the show know if it was going to be renewed when they finished the season?

I kept expecting Vernon to have an accident at dinner. Fall and break something, etc.

Edited by Ottis

I kept expecting Vernon to have an accident at dinner. Fall and break something, etc.

Ahh, the Good Times curse. I thought that Reggie would fuck it up again.

IMHO Spencer and Joe teaming up by themselves would have made a more interesting story.

• Love 1

Charles is a linemen. Not a running back. In shape for him is different for linemen than others. Tons of them walk around looking like big blobs.

Well then I guess Charles will be alright then. Like it was said upthread Charlie got some big ole titties.

We are hours removed from the scene and I still have Spencer wearing that chick out on my brain.  I apologize for cheating on my husband in my mind.

• Love 3
Charles is a linemen. Not a running back. In shape for him is different for linemen than others. Tons of them walk around looking like big blobs.

If Charles looked like a "big blob" it would be more believable. Ricky's dad looks more like a retired lineman than Charles does. Charles is actually *too small* ... he is tall, but has small arms, skinny frame, with most of the weight in his gut and flabby chest.

Of course, your point is irrelevant to mine. Charles was schooled at his tryout that we saw, regardless of what he looks like.

I sense this was shot before it was renewed, hence the tidy ending. I'm okay with it, however, because it was a bit of a surprise that Spencer and Joe sticking with Anderson. I don't know where they'll take the storyline next year, since it is so wrapped up, but I imagine there are always more football players coming through, allowing for different storylines.

If Charles looked like a "big blob" it would be more believable. Ricky's dad looks more like a retired lineman than Charles does. Charles is actually *too small* ... he is tall, but has small arms, skinny frame, with most of the weight in his gut and flabby chest.

Of course, your point is irrelevant to mine. Charles was schooled at his tryout that we saw, regardless of what he looks like.

The actor has that "skinny fat" thing going on that I don't recall seeing with a lineman.  And this is coming from someone who doesn't watch football regularly. But agreed, Charles was shown out of his depth at the tryout.  Then, next thing we know, he's invited back to the team.  

Always cool seeing Robert Ray Wisdom, although I guess if they really had the money, it would have been more amusing getting Denzel Washington to play Ricky's dad.

My first thought was, "Is that Bunny Colvin? Yeah, it is!" Still didn't care about Ricky's storyline.  

*small voice of dissent*

As for the Spencer/Tracy scene, much as I appreciated seeing Johnson's bum and him giving "investment advice in spades," it was the one of the least sexy sex scenes in my recent memory.  You have Dwayne Johnson, who is yummy, and you have Arielle Kebbel, who is gorgeous.  Two pretty people getting it on should be hot, but I've thought their chemistry was off all season.  Are they friends with benefits? Are they a couple? Are they not allowed to kiss? Plus, I thought it was weird that Spencer, who has kept it professional thus far, after knowing Joe was fired and seemly circumspect on his own employment there, would loudly get it on in his new office. Good thing Anderson was cool.

Joe is a bit volatile for my taste, but kudos to Spencer for being ride or die, I guess.        

On a positive note, the new secretary was amusing, and hopefully will return next season. Her brief scene with Anderson was hilarious.       

• Love 1

I tuned into this show again, and it's getting better. Spencer's new secretary is a keeper, she's funny. I know on a show like this, with its target audience, there has gotta be a lot of hot tits and ass, and ass and tits, bros before hoes, fancy rides, mansions etc. But for this viewer as long as they keep balance with the characters and the introspective story lines, I'll be back to give it another try. The last two episodes I really saw potential. 

And, Denzel Washington's son sounds just like him. I listen to him speak sometimes and I think I'm hearing Denzel.

• Love 2

Overall, the episode felt like it could have been a potential series finale, with all the happy endings.  Besides the Spencer/Joe resolution, Vernon is back and signs the contract, freaking Reggie and Spencer actually made peace (I can live with it, but I was still rooting for my "Spencer rockbottoms Reggie through a table" scenario), Ricky grows past his feelings over his father, and Charlie makes the team.  I guess next season will be a fresh start with different conflicts and whatnot.  I'm sure there will be plenty to find, when football is involved.

I got the same impression re: series finale.  I'll tune in if it comes back but I really won't be that disappointed if it doesn't.  I was in it for the eye candy (babes, cars, and The Rock's clothes) - the plot went by the wayside a long time ago for me.

Speaking of which, I'm glad Ricky saw through his father's "A Boy Named Sue" bullshit.

As for the Spencer/Tracy scene, much as I appreciated seeing Johnson's bum and him giving "investment advice in spades," it was the one of the least sexy sex scenes in my recent memory.  You have Dwayne Johnson, who is yummy, and you have Arielle Kebbel, who is gorgeous.  Two pretty people getting it on should be hot, but I've thought their chemistry was off all season.  Are they friends with benefits? Are they a couple? Are they not allowed to kiss? Plus, I thought it was weird that Spencer, who has kept it professional thus far, after knowing Joe was fired and seemly circumspect on his own employment there, would loudly get it on in his new office. Good thing Anderson was cool.

This. I'm a straight guy, so Dwayne's ass did nothing for me and I found it a little jarring to see him slamming away (although not as jarring as Tracy did <insert rim shot here>).  Waking up/going to sleep, hell, even being in flagrante delicto in bed is fine. Rutting, I don't need to see.  All I can come up with is, he needs to keep up his studly image

Denzel Washington's son sounds just like him. I listen to him speak sometimes and I think I'm hearing Denzel.

Yup....he has Denzel's voice with his mother's features.  I keep waiting for him to say 'Mo betta makes it mo betta'. 

LOL at the previous Good Times reference.

I never heard of Robert Wisdom until tonight, to me he was looking like Uncle Ben/The Cream of Wheat Man.  Then I wiki'd him and yum, what a handsome man.

(Still waiting on that gif, somebody make it happen up in here!)

Edited by Vixenstud
  • Love 1

The actor has that "skinny fat" thing going on that I don't recall seeing with a lineman.  And this is coming from someone who doesn't watch football regularly. But agreed, Charles was shown out of his depth at the tryout.  Then, next thing we know, he's invited back to the team.  

My first thought was, "Is that Bunny Colvin? Yeah, it is!" Still didn't care about Ricky's storyline.  

*small voice of dissent*

As for the Spencer/Tracy scene, much as I appreciated seeing Johnson's bum and him giving "investment advice in spades," it was the one of the least sexy sex scenes in my recent memory.  You have Dwayne Johnson, who is yummy, and you have Arielle Kebbel, who is gorgeous.  Two pretty people getting it on should be hot, but I've thought their chemistry was off all season.  Are they friends with benefits? Are they a couple? Are they not allowed to kiss?    

I know, right? The Rock oozes sex appeal and charm, but that scene left me like WTF. It was almost like he had no rhythm (shudder) and then when he put his hand over her mouth, it was awkward. Um, just no. That whole scene decimated all my fantasies of The Rock in less than a two minute span of time. Damn shame, those fantasies were bangin'! **Sorry, hubby**

I will say that the soundtrack this season has been stellar. When Nas and Lauryn dropped in the final scene I raised my own glass and did the club bop to the final credits.

• Love 1

Agreed - the music has been great.  

I haven't seen all of Johnson's work, so I assume it was his first explicit sex scene.  To me, he appeared uncomfortable, and therefore couldn't sell it.  Lone Wolf's rutting description was spot on. It was all around strange.   

• Love 1

Delurking:

*Loved this episode, mostly because of Spense. He was tempted by Anderson's offer, but because of his loyalty to Joe, he not only refused it, he improved it because for all of Joe's faults, most of them impulse-control related, he & Spense do make a great rteam. Spence can succeed without Joe and Joe can work without Spense, but IMO he wouldn't be the success Spense is because he's Spense. At least when Spense & Joe work together, Spense has a better chance of controlling him. Digging Anderson, because of Richard Schiff. Anderson is the crazy glue that holds things together, "crazy" being the watchword. I hope Schiff is a regular next season because the only thing better than Spense wrangling Joe would be Spense wrangling Joe & Anderson.

*As annoying as Rickey has been this season-and he has been, to put it mildly-that's how much he impressed me in this episode. ITA that Rickey's deadbeat dad had nothing to do with his success. If Daddy dearest wants the credit for Rickey's success, then he should take the blame for his failures as well. Rickey still had his assy moments, like the camel scene, but his defending Charles when that rookie dissed him was cool. Speaking of Charles, how he & Julie learned that he was back on the team was cute. Charles is almost too adorable for words.

As for the Spencer/Tracy scene, much as I appreciate seeing Johnson's bum and him giving "investment advice in spades," it was one of the least sexy scenes in recent memory. You have Dwayne Johnson, who is yummy and you have Arielle Kebbell, who is gorgeous. Two pretty people getting it on should be hot, but I thought their chemistry was off all season. Are they friends with benefits? Are they a couple? Are they not allowed to kiss?

I know, right? The Rock oozes sex appeal and charm, but that scene left me like WTF. It was almost like he had no rhythm (shudder) and when he put his hand over her mouth, it was awkward. Um, just no. That scene decimated my fantasies of The Rock in less than a two minute span of time. Damn shame, those fantasies were bangin'! ** Sorry, hubby**

I respectfully disagree. As far as I'm concerned, any scene where I can see Dwayne Johnson's ass-and a very nice ass it is-is an instant classic. The way I see it, if it's not everyone's cup of tea, then that's just more for me. (LOL) As smart, charming, charismatic, badass, funny and, to quote Spense's assistant, "fine as Hell" as Johnson is, he would have to say/do way worse to turn me off.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 2