Type keyword(s) to search

The Harry Potter Movies

• Start Topic

(edited)
On 4/7/2023 at 5:40 PM, MadyGirl1987 said:

This is what I have wanted for years! I enjoy the movies, but in such limited time things get missed. My favorite book of the series is book 6, Half-Blood Prince because of the backstory you get on Voldemort and his family and seeing scenes of how life at Hogwarts has been affected by the war (kids being pulled taken out of school by their parents, you hear of two sisters whose little brother was killed in a werewolf attack after a parent refused to cooperate with death eaters) and those things were cut/winnowed down for time. A TV series would be able to go more in-depth into the world. Also; the last film came out 2011, so effects have gotten much better, so it would be nice to see what they could do with the stories today.

I used to want this, too, but *edited, after seeing a post from the past. 

Edited by Anela

Setting aside any other… issues with this idea- it honestly feels like the public is really starting to feel burned out on big multi-year agendas for these franchises.  So rather than spending a decade to retell a storyline that everyone already knows, why not just make one film or series about something new in this world?  And if that works, maybe do a sequel - just don’t turn it into an instant pentalogy about legacy characters, like you did with Fantastic Beasts.  Or, make another new Potterverse story instead.  I think fans will stick with characters and worlds that they enjoy- but the more content you announce and the further down the road you go, it just starts to feel like a chore to keep up with, rather than entertainment.

• Like 3

It seems like they have a ready made cast of characters already, the last thing we saw was everybody's kids going off to Hogwarts, Why don't they do all new stories with them?

About 10-15 years ago, I would have jumped at a series for this. I always found a lot of the other characters badly fleshed out and I would have loved to see different perspectives from the main trio, especially from the other houses.

Now, not so much. Not only do I feel I don't need JKR to make even more money from this franchise, if she is even near a screenplay, this would be a disaster.

*cough Fantastic Beasts *cough

Edited by supposebly
Beasts not beats
  • Like 6
  • Applause 1
2 minutes ago, MadyGirl1987 said:

For all the jokes and memes about how he shouted "Harry, did you put your name in the goblet of fire," he did amazing job in the role. It couldn't have been easy replacing Richard Harris two movies in... RIP Sir.

He definitely brought out Dumbledore’s Machiavellian side. Honestly, on the whole, he was a great Dumbledore. It took a while for me to get used to him, but he grew on me.

I think people took offense to his screaming in GOF because Dumbledore was supposed to be always so calm and collected, always planning his next move, even when he doesn’t know what’s going on. I get why Gambon changed that moment, but it was just so jarring. In the book, the moment when Harry realizes that Dumbledore can be scary was his look of cold fury when he attacks Crouch/Fake Moody…I guess the filmmakers didn’t feel confident translating that to the movie, so they changed his goblet reaction instead.

• Like 3