Type keyword(s) to search

The Harry Potter Movies

• Start Topic

On 1/4/2019 at 11:56 PM, GaT said:

I think JK Rowling may be losing her mind

It reminded me of this scene from Futurama,

Fry:
Leela, you have to get me out of here. It's horrible! Eating scraps, letting my waste drop where I stand like an animal in the zoo.

Leela:
Animals go on the corner.

Fry:
The corner! Why didn't I think of that?

• Love 3

To be fair, this was pre-eighteenth century. Pretty sure Muggles didn't have that sophisticated toilets before that; they just had pots that they just dumped wherever. At least wizards were more thorough...

Why the hell are we making such a big deal out of this?! Whatever happened to just laughing it off and moving on?!

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Why the hell are we making such a big deal out of this?! Whatever happened to just laughing it off and moving on?!

Because it's just so stupid, & there was absolutely no reason to come up with this little snippet of "canon". It's not even a funny snippet like the three seashells in Demolition Man, it's a gross & disgusting snippet that doesn't make any sense.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Might be a cultural thing? Some aspect of British humour that is nbd to them but the rest of the world is rightfully horrified about?

(edited)

I had never seen any of the films, nor read any of the books. It was just one of those cases when I assumed something would not be for me, and then by the time I had some interest, it seemed like a lot of work. Sometimes that happens with television series too. You don't get in on the ground floor, and then a few years go by and you wish you were able to take part in the conversations or at least know what the references mean, but you're staring at 60 episodes. 

But they mean something to a lot of people of all ages, and they seem to have endured, so I watched all of them in order over about a week.

I could tell that sometimes the filmmakers were struggling to get a complicated literary series, packed with incidents, characters and prehistory, into eight films of feature length (or seven films, one being an epic divided in half). But overall they were beautiful, accessible, compulsively watchable. I loved having in one place all of those great English or Irish actors I had seen in historical dramas and Mike Leigh films, and it was fun to watch the kids at the center grow up on screen, in sort of a mystical Boyhood in eight parts. 

Favorite movies and why: 

Prisoner of Azkaban (3): Cuarón really "got it," tonally. There were great set-pieces and flourishes, but it felt of a whole, rather than like a quilt of episodes. It had real gestalt. Oldman and Thewlis were great additions to the cast, and Thewlis was never as well used in the Harry Potter movies after this. 

Deathly Hallows Part 2 (8): I dislike epilogues that flash forward, whether it's this or Veep or anything else. I prefer open endings that let me imagine what comes later. That aside, it was a rousing conclusion, after the somewhat labored setup of the previous one. 

Goblet of Fire (4): Newell handled the John Hughes-ish adolescent romantic bits skillfully, and the competitions were exciting. Pattinson made a strong impression as Cedric, and the character's death was something that had an impact and emphasized how high the stakes were without sacrificing a more central character so early. 

Half-Blood Prince (6): This isn't as good a film as the three above, but I laughed at the drug humor, Jim Broadbent is always welcome, and Delbonnel's stunning cinematography all by itself (especially in those late sequences when the images themselves seem to be bleeding out) would bump it a notch. 

I did enjoy all of them, but I thought the first two (Columbus's two entries) were a bit earthbound, and 5 and 7 showed the strain of everything they were required to do in advancing the saga. 

Series MVP: Alan Rickman as the baroque anti-villain. His ambiguous expressions, pregnant pauses, and elegant gestures made Snape the most fascinating character for me. When he was on, it was never going to be a dull scene. 

Edited by Simon Boccanegra
  • Love 11

Watched Deathly Hallows Part 1 yesterday (along with Part 2 and some of the earlier ones), and, as with every time I watch the movies, I paid more attention to the smaller things.  I have to say, the actors playing Our Heroes as Albert Runcorn, Reg Cattermole, and Mafalda Hopkirk do not get nearly the credit they deserve.  They each do a great job acting like 17-year-olds in way over their heads, but also like their adult characters.  Just the expression on Hermione-as-Mafalda's face in the elevator with Umbridge is perfect.

I will add the kid who plays Dudley, particularly in Prisoner of Azkaban.  I love the opening sequence when Harry blows up his Aunt Marge.  As many times as I have seen it (and it's been a lot!), it never fails to crack me up when Dudley gets hit by flying buttons and is knocked backwards off his chair.  I think those first minutes of Azkaban, from the time Marge arrives in Little Whinging, to the time Harry arrives at the Leaky Cauldron are some of the best bits of the entire movie series.  Everyone is spot on.

Edited by Browncoat
  • Love 8

^I love that scene too. Especially when Dudley just goes back to eating like nothing happened, while his parents are freaking out lol.  My take always that he was glad that Harry did that, as he didn't like his aunt either. But that may have been more in the book.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I didn't realize more than one actress played Pansy Parkinson in the movies. The one who played her in Prisoner of Azkaban killed me with her delivery of "Does it hurt terribly, Draco?"

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I've just realized, Emma Watson is almost 30, Daniel Radcliffe is 30, & Rupert Grint is 31. How did this happen? They were 10/11 when the first Harry Potter movie happened, that was just last year, right?

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
21 hours ago, GaT said:

I've just realized, Emma Watson is almost 30, Daniel Radcliffe is 30, & Rupert Grint is 31. How did this happen? They were 10/11 when the first Harry Potter movie happened, that was just last year, right?

I really want them to redo the epilogue in 8 years.  Just green screen them in over the old footage!

Can I ask fans here something? What's your nationality and how old were you when you first read the books? I have a theory that the dissonance between BookRon and Hermione and their movie counterparts for American fans is because when they were young children when they read the books first hear them speak with American accents in their head. That Ron sounds cooler as an American while Hermione more insufferable. In the movies however Ron has that Cockney accent that makes him seem simple while Hermione has the proper British one that makes her seen smarter and more superior. So basically to American children watching the movies Hermione sounds like Mary Poppins while Ron sounds like Bert the chimney sweep!

Edited by VCRTracking

I was 12 when I read the books and I'm American. The first four books were already out which I read fairly quickly. I saw Sorcerers stone's movie before though. So to me the characters (especially the trio) were the actors in my head with their accents for those books and the rest of the series. I've always been a fan of Ron (while he isn't my favorite character) I never got the disliking of him.  Though in the movies they do give a lot of his parts to Hermione to do instead.

Edited by blueray
  • Love 3

I was an adult when I read the books, and when I read books set in non-US countries (or by non-American authors), I "hear" the characters in the "correct" accents.  If I haven't heard an accent from whatever country, then it becomes British in my head.

ETA: Prisoner of Azkaban just started on E!, and I've always wondered why Harry can use "Lumos" if he isn't allowed to use magic outside of school.  Seems like that would be more of an issue than blowing up Aunt Marge.

Edited by Browncoat
  • Love 4

That something that bothered me in the movie as the answer is he can't. Unfortunately the movie didn't pay attention to the books. But I guess it was okay as he could have using a flashlight and got the same result.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, blueray said:

Unfortunately the movie didn't pay attention to the books.

Except that it did, because just after Harry blew up his aunt, he points his wand at Uncle Vernon, who says, "You're not allowed to do magic outside of school."  Maybe "Lumos" doesn't count, since it's such a minor spell?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Browncoat said:

Except that it did, because just after Harry blew up his aunt, he points his wand at Uncle Vernon, who says, "You're not allowed to do magic outside of school."  Maybe "Lumos" doesn't count, since it's such a minor spell?

I know that was my point. They didn't pay attention to how that was using magic outside of school.

• Love 2

So the wiki had this to say:

At the beginning of the third film, we see Harry in his room at Privet Drive, utilising Lumos Maxima without any warnings from the Ministry. In the book, however, we find him writing an essay.

https://harrypotter.fandom.com/wiki/Trace

It's actually a pretty good wiki article because they make a point that the films let Hermoine cast the glasses repair charm (oculus reparo), which should have activated the trace. It's actually Arthur Weasley in the books.

• Love 4

Honestly Harry Potter has become so much bigger than anything JK Rowling has done or said. Warts and all, it's brought so much joy and happiness to everyone, including the LGBTQ community. People are going to interpret things however they want. So as much as this hurts, it shouldn't ruin Harry Potter for everyone. Authors are not their stories or characters, and she's not the first children's author to turn out to be problematic. It's ok to still like Harry Potter without condoning her actions. I'm pretty sure she's not the only one that profits off the movies, books, theme park, etc.

Also I really hate the term "stannng" . People act like that's something to be proud off, forgetting that it came from the Eminem song about the crazy fan. Stanning is supposed to be a BAD thing.

JMO.

• Love 11
(edited)

Death of the Author 2: Rowling Boogaloo

It’s a difficult situation.  I love Harry Potter but am so disgusted with JK Rowling.  Is there a middle ground where you can continue to remain in the fandom while also vocally advocating against Rowling?

Edited by Luckylyn
  • Like 1
  • Love 5

Yes there is. Focus on the things that make Harry Potter so great, the characters you love and the good things it taught you, and use that to advocate for transgender rights. Don't idolize authors and you'll never be disappointed. Maybe that's overly simplistic, but it's how I'm doing it and it's better than wasting energy on Twitter.

• Love 5

The thing is when you spend money on content and products  connected to Harry Potter you are giving JK Rowling money.   So I want to support a fandom I grew up with and have affection for, but it means helping the transphopic person who created it make money.   People are complicated, and they can be responisble for great and terrible things.  It can be difficult to reconcile.  I’ve been thinking about a compromise and maybe it’s a good idea to donate to charities that support transgender people whenever you view content or purchase a product connected to Harry Potter?  So, I buy a wand and then donate the same amount I used to purchase that wand to a charity that opposes Rowling’s bigotry.  If I watch one of the movies, I make a donation.  That’s all I can think of to counteract the ugliness Rowling is putting out in the world that can endanger transgender people.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Luckylyn said:

The thing is when you spend money on content and products  connected to Harry Potter you are giving JK Rowling money.   So I want to support a fandom I grew up with and have affection for, but it means helping the transphopic person who created it make money.   People are complicated, and they can be responisble for great and terrible things.  It can be difficult to reconcile.  I’ve been thinking about a compromise and maybe it’s a good idea to donate to charities that support transgender people whenever you view content or purchase a product connected to Harry Potter?  So, I buy a wand and then donate the same amount I used to purchase that wand to a charity that opposes Rowling’s bigotry.  If I watch one of the movies, I make a donation.  That’s all I can think of to counteract the ugliness Rowling is putting out in the world that can endanger transgender people.

There are ways to get around this.  First, if you need to buy one of the books or movies look at purchasing a used copy where the money will go for a charity.  Like, if your local library or friends of the library does a book sale, buy it there so your money stays in your community.  Don't buy officially licensed merch new.  Again, buy it used, look on Etsy, or find a local artisan to make you something similiar.  

• Love 3

The house cup is bullshit.  Teachers arbitrarily giving and taking points.  What's to stop McGonagall  or Snape or whoever else (coughDumbledorecough) from stacking the deck?  I'm no Malfoy apologist by any means but I'm with him at end of Sorcerer's Stone.  Slytherin got hosed.

And how does the wizarding world not know what dentists are?  For all intents and purposes the witches and wizards are mortal humans.  They bleed, they die, they get injured.  The ones that don't live among muggles don't have dentition needs?  You KNOW countless kids have chipped teeth over the years while playing Quidditch.  And don't get me started on the lawsuit waiting to happen that is Quidditch.

All kidding aside though, I am obsessed with the idea of Hermione's dentist parents.  I'm not sure if this is explored more in the books (I'm only up to Azkaban) but I have seen all the movies.  I can't imagine the leap of faith it must take to send your 11 year old daughter off to a secret wizard school.  I mean, when did they find out she was magical?  And did they first try to have her exorcised when they did?  It's one thing for the Weasleys because this is old hat for them but I can't see regular parents having a very easy time with this all "Off you go."  And where do they tell their friends she is during the school year?  Boarding school makes the most sense (and isn't a lie) but what about specifics?  Where is it?  What is it called?  How come I've never heard of that one?  Do the three of them have a dossier of their cover story that they have to memorize in order to stay consistent? I have so many questions.  I want a movie about Dr. and Dr. Granger.   

Edited by kiddo82
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6

We don't get that much more information on Drs Granger but we can make educated assumptions.

2 hours ago, kiddo82 said:

I mean, when did they find out she was magical?

A Hogwarts representative goes to the homes of Muggleborns to explain about magic and the wizarding world to the families of the young witch/wizard. Similar to Hagrid going to Harry to deliver his Hogwarts letter in person but more official since Dumbledore and Hagrid were under the assumption that the Dursleys had told Harry about magic. It sounds like that happens when they're 10 or 11 shortly before starting school. We don't know how the Grangers react but, again, based on Harry's experience they no doubt suddenly had an explanation for the things that Hermione could do/happened around her. We can assume the Grangers were good people and good parents, as evidenced by Hermione's grief at giving them new identities and erasing herself from their memories, so they were probably relieved to have the explanation and then delighted at how talented she was.

And did they first try to have her exorcised when they did?  It's one thing for the Weasleys because this is old hat for them but I can't see regular parents having a very easy time with this all "Off you go."

There's no reason to think the Grangers were anything but happy for Hermione after learning about magic. She was already way ahead of her classmates academically when they arrived at school which tells us that her parents took her to Diagon Alley early enough so that she could buy all those books and get them read.

And where do they tell their friends she is during the school year?  Boarding school makes the most sense (and isn't a lie) but what about specifics?  Where is it?  What is it called?  How come I've never heard of that one?  Do the three of them have a dossier of their cover story that they have to memorize in order to stay consistent?

All we have for this one is speculation. The Dursleys tell anyone who asks that Harry's at a school for criminal boys while Dumbledore mentioned Hogwarts by name to the orphanage matron while using magic to make her not ask too many questions. In those two cases, though, we have Harry who was isolated from his neighbors and schoolmates and Tom Riddle who was already scaring the kids and adults at the orphanage. No one was going to be asking too many questions about their whereabouts during the school year. What the neighbors, friends, and acquaintances of the average Muggleborn are told when they go to school is never explained. Maybe the Hogwarts rep arrives with a standard cover story and Hagrid just forgot to give to the Dursleys (not that they would have followed it anyway) and it wasn't in place until Dumbledore was headmaster which explains why Tom Riddle didn't have one.

As far as something like dentistry, I'm sure the characters brush their teeth and it just didn't warrant a mention. Similar to how the bathrooms aren't mentioned unless it's relevant to the plot. Madame Pomfrey re-grows Harry's arm bones in Chamber of Secrets so the same potion would fix broken teeth. The wizarding world doesn't need dentists in particular because the average house likely has the Skelegrow potion to mend broken bones and many witches and wizards seem to know spells to heal basic injuries. For the serious stuff they go to St. Mungo's anyway so the healers would step in at that point.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, scarynikki12 said:

As far as something like dentistry, I'm sure the characters brush their teeth and it just didn't warrant a mention. Similar to how the bathrooms aren't mentioned unless it's relevant to the plot. Madame Pomfrey re-grows Harry's arm bones in Chamber of Secrets so the same potion would fix broken teeth. The wizarding world doesn't need dentists in particular because the average house likely has the Skelegrow potion to mend broken bones and many witches and wizards seem to know spells to heal basic injuries. For the serious stuff they go to St. Mungo's anyway so the healers would step in at that point.

I'd still think they would have some basic understanding of muggle medicine since their bodies, for all we know, work the same way.   But some of them are also confused by the telephone so what can I say?  I know I'm being a bit pedantic but this has been my "dog with a bone" nitpick since watching the series.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, kiddo82 said:

I'd still think they would have some basic understanding of muggle medicine

I think they do but the treatments are different. Instead of tylenol to treat a headache they'll drink a potion, Honeyduke's in Hogsmeade sells tooth-flossing mints so they don't need Muggle floss (remembered this bit when I got to work), Molly used a spell to stop the bleeding when George's ear was cursed off, Madame Pomfrey is described as being able to heal wounds in an instant with spells, Hermione had the potion to mend wounds when they went on the run, and so on. When Arthur was at St. Mungo's one of the healers (who I'm guessing is either Muggleborn or has a Muggle parent) tried to mend his snake bite with stitches and that led to the Weasleys and staff who aren't familiar with the Muggle world to scoff at (to them) such an absurd idea. The stitches proved not to work at all (the venom kept dissolving them if memory serves) so it's likely that Muggle remedies don't work at all or at least don't work as quickly on general illness and injury so they just don't bother with them.

41 minutes ago, kiddo82 said:

But some of them are also confused by the telephone so what can I say? 

They can talk to each other as quickly via the Floo network so they don't need them. For the most part it seems that the wizarding world has their own way of doing the same things that the Muggle world does. There's some crossover between the two like radios and modes of transportation so the wizarding world may one day decide that they could use more specialized healers and the wizarding equivalent of a dentist would be created.

48 minutes ago, kiddo82 said:

I know I'm being a bit pedantic

Not at all. This is fun.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

When Arthur was at St. Mungo's one of the healers (who I'm guessing is either Muggleborn or has a Muggle parent) tried to mend his snake bite with stitches and that led to the Weasleys and staff who aren't familiar with the Muggle world to scoff at (to them) such an absurd idea. The stitches proved not to work at all (the venom kept dissolving them if memory serves) so it's likely that Muggle remedies don't work at all or at least don't work as quickly on general illness and injury so they just don't bother with them.

In the case of the snake bite, it was probably the case that it was specifically a magical injury (since Nagini is a magical beast, her bites are different than that of an ordinary snake,) and it seems like Muggle remedies don't work there, whereas with run-of-the-mill injuries/illnesses, it's just faster to heal things the magical way.

I wonder about witches/wizards who marry Muggles (like Seamus's mom - Seamus was half-blood, right?) Muggle-borns like Hermione or wizards raised by Muggles like Harry are used to the Muggle world and have to get used to wizarding ways when they come to school, and purebloods like Ron seem to largely be from wizard villages and/or live out in the middle of nowhere, rarely interacting with Muggles. But did Seamus's mom meet some Muggle guy and fall in love without knowing what telephones or dentists are? Maybe mixed marriages are more common for wizards/witches who are Muggle-born, since they'd already have a foot in that world and understand more of how it works.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, angora said:

But did Seamus's mom meet some Muggle guy and fall in love without knowing what telephones or dentists are? Maybe mixed marriages are more common for wizards/witches who are Muggle-born, since they'd already have a foot in that world and understand more of how it works.

Good question. He describes himself as half and half but we don't know any more than that so his mom may be Muggleborn. Oh! George liked performing card tricks for a cute Muggle girl in the village nearby and the only British village inhabited by only witches and wizards is Hogsmeade so there's probably some basic Muggle/magic interaction around the rest of the country. The relationships probably begin from something simple like seeing each other in passing, finding each other attractive, and then one asking the other out. I imagine that the witches and wizards who are willing to be in a relationship with a Muggle are more likely to be Muggleborn or have a close Muggle/Muggleborn relative since they'd have to pretend to be a Muggle themselves. A pureblood or half-blood with no living Muggle/Muggleborn relatives could do it but they'd have to be as dedicated as Barty Crouch Sr was when he dressed as a Muggle for the World Cup and, based on the complete lack of understanding of Muggle fashion that we saw there, I imagine they wouldn't want to make the effort and just look to fellow witches and wizards for relationships instead.

• Love 2

We're getting more into the books here for details but there are two more documented mixed muggle and witch relationships: Tom Riddle's parents and Snape's parents. Both of whom had muggle fathers. While the former's father was coerced, it appears Eileen Prince and Tobias Snape married without any magical inducement. They did have issues because he was abusive to her and she was also disowned by her family.

The wizarding community is small and it's probably not easy to meet someone solely in the wizarding world if you didn't go to school with them, are related to them, or work with them. The community as a whole is conservative and isolated by nature. Interaction with muggles is available to them but it seems to be based on how willing wizards/witches are to explore it. I always thought the dating options in the wizarding world were extremely limited and not something I would like to be born into. It's probably comparable to more conservative religious communities around the world.

On 9/12/2020 at 5:11 PM, angora said:

Maybe mixed marriages are more common for wizards/witches who are Muggle-born, since they'd already have a foot in that world and understand more of how it works.

On 9/13/2020 at 6:58 AM, Athena said:

We're getting more into the books here for details but there are two more documented mixed muggle and witch relationships

It’s also worth noting that every single mixed marriage in the books is described as dysfunctional. Seamus’s dad had a “nasty shock” when he discovered post-wedding that he married a witch. Tom Riddle was basically raped, both mentally and physically. And Snape’s home was abusive. For books purporting to condemn Muggle prejudice, it seemed to have a passive but clear anti-miscegenation agenda.

• Love 1

My rankings of the movies:

Goblet of Fire/Order of the Phoenix

Deathly Hallows Part 2

Deathly Hallows Part 1

Prisoner of Azkaban

Philosopher's Stone/Half-Blood Prince

Chamber of Secrets

• Love 1

Harry was awfully damn rude to McGonagall on so many occasions.  And she stood up for him all the time.  Half-Blood Prince just ended, with him barely even acknowledging her in Dumbledore's office. 

I was half-watching Goblet of Fire earlier today, and it occurred to me to wonder who was helping/coaching Cedric.  I mean, Fleur had Madame Maxime, and Viktor had Igor Karkaroff, and Harry, of course, had who we all thought was Mad-Eye Moody.  Was Dumbledore helping/coaching Cedric?  Or was it Professor Sprout, the head of Hufflepuff?  I kind of feel bad for him if he was all on his own.

I kind of assumed Cedric was getting help from the Head of Hufflepuff and probably also his friends, just like Harry was leaning on Hermione and Ron. I doubt he was all alone, especially as by all accounts, Cedric was supposedly very popular at Hogwarts. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Harry was awfully damn rude to McGonagall on so many occasions.  And she stood up for him all the time.  Half-Blood Prince just ended, with him barely even acknowledging her in Dumbledore's office. 

I wish Deathly Hallows had kept the part from the book where Harry curses the Carrows for spitting in her face. That was such an awesome moment of gallant solidarity.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 8

I always thought the movies shortchanged her something awful.  I always pictured her as younger than Maggie Smith (in my mind, she was in her late 50s or early 60s, instead of Dumbledore's contemporary), but the performance was exactly the right balance of stern schoolmarm and loving grandmother.

But her two best subplots are either altered or really diminished.  I loved her increasingly open disdain for Umbridge in Phoenix culminating in her mutter "It unscrews the other way" under her breath when she catches Peeves trying to loosen a chandelier in his quest to annoy Umbridge.

Then in Deathly Hallows, they give her a cool duel with Snape, but eliminate the moment where she decided to let Slytherin leave if they want, but tells Slughorn that any of them decide to join Voldemort, the Order of the Phoenix will kill them without a second thought.  And then they undercut the utterly badass moment where she enchants the armor by having her giggle about getting to do it.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, starri said:

And then they undercut the utterly badass moment where she enchants the armor by having her giggle about getting to do it.

I still love that moment.  Her expression, plus Molly looking at her like she's lost her mind just make that scene for me.  

• Love 3
On 9/16/2020 at 3:30 PM, ursula said:

It’s also worth noting that every single mixed marriage in the books is described as dysfunctional. Seamus’s dad had a “nasty shock” when he discovered post-wedding that he married a witch. Tom Riddle was basically raped, both mentally and physically. And Snape’s home was abusive. For books purporting to condemn Muggle prejudice, it seemed to have a passive but clear anti-miscegenation agenda.

Seamus's dad may have been unpleasantly shocked (wouldn't you?) but I don't see any evidence that it wrecked the marriage. Of course, we learn very little about their relationship.

I thought Ted Tonks and Andromeda (nee Black), Nymphadora's parents, were a pretty happy couple. 

• Love 2
(edited)
On 5/4/2021 at 1:57 PM, GreekGeek said:

Seamus's dad may have been unpleasantly shocked (wouldn't you?) but I don't see any evidence that it wrecked the marriage. Of course, we learn very little about their relationship.

Well I'm going by the fact that the only thing we learn about their relationship is a negative? Like technically, they could have had a perfectly happy marriage after he got over being lied to and deceived, but it's just as likely that they had a toxic one. We literally aren't told anything beyond this.

I thought Ted Tonks and Andromeda (nee Black), Nymphadora's parents, were a pretty happy couple. 

Ted Tonks is a wizard. There are no examples of happy, or just passably non-toxic Muggle/Wizard relationships. On the one hand, the books claim Muggle prejudice being wrong, on the other hand, they also seem to show that miscegenation is necessary.

Edited by ursula